Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Budoy

Last posted Dec 29, 2011 at 10:27PM EST. Added Dec 29, 2011 at 08:15AM EST
6 posts from 6 users

If you understood that single fucking word you know what I'm talking about.

Budoy. That single word makes me want to punch the nearest wall. Ever since I've started watching primetime Philippine television I've loathed every single show, from MMK to My Binondo Girl. But Budoy really drives me nuts.

The retarded person in the title role, Budoy. Yes, he is mentally retarded. Does this give hope for mentally retarded people? Hell no. The actor, for one, does a really bad job of being retarded. He's supposed to be autistic, but for the love of GAWD he does a piss-poor job of acting. He's too good looking, for one, and his speech pattern is more of bad actor. Imagine Max Payne or Turok bad. Except with stuttering.

Then there's the entire plot. Budoy is bullied for his disability. Sorry, did I mean bullied? I meant he is simultaneously worshipped and loathed. This makes no sense. Whenever he has something to tell, he isn't believed on the grounds that he is retarded. He drops awkward sexual hits to his friend, who, for all I know, has a fetish for bad acting.

And his name. It is one letter away from "Baduy" meaning "out of place", which is pretty interesting, except for the fact that his autism didn't appear until he was in school. So his parents named him Budoy for shits and giggles.

And for the most part, [redacted by the ABS-CBN]

Thank you.

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 08:16AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!