Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,711 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
The Rant Thread

Last posted Dec 31, 2011 at 01:48PM EST. Added Dec 29, 2011 at 11:37PM EST
253 posts from 28 users

Alright, in this thread I want to hear your rants. Type them out. Censor nothing! Be a harsh, judgmental asshole! It's all fair game in this thread.
Now RANT.

Y'know what I don't like? T-Rexes. Acclaimed as the best dinosaur by SO MANY. They don't deserve it, those cuntsacs hardly even got arms! Probably not a dick either! And you know what T-Rexes don't have? An ounce of respect for any other dinosaur! The damn near drove pterosaurs to extinction just because the were competing for dominant species, they enslave thousands of stegosaurs, and they have done NOTHING to deserve all that power, just a few lucky evolutions!

A message from your friendly neighborhood pterodactyl.

I hate almost every fucking comment on youtube, they're all the same and all stupid. I also hate when I get my dick bit off by dinosaurs. I mean fuck why can't i just be a naked cave man without having to pay the price. I also hate most music in mainstream media today NO I'm not hipster it's just shit. DA FUCKIN HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Rant? I'll show you a rant: Wanna know what gets on my nerve? LINUX!

You know why? BECAUSE I CANT BLUE SCREEN THAT SHIT! I'm the goddam Blue Screen of Death! I'm the one who reaps the souls of the dead software programs but NOOOOOOO these Linux freaks have got their UUUUNNNIIIIIIXXXXX and their KEEEERNEEEEELS and they go around thinking their so goddam invulnerable. They even let their computers run 24/7 and nothing happens! They don't crash! I'm sitting here watching those Linux servers run 24/7 doing all sorts of shit AND THEY DONT CRASH! EVER! It freaking tears me apart watching all those processes go uncrashed! But then they have to be so smug about. "HERP DERP I'M A LINUX USER AND THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH CANT GE ME UHHYUK!" and I'm like "RRRAAAAAWWWR IMMA CRASH YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM SO HARD" BUT I CANT DO IT BECAUSE I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE THE GODDAM SYSTEM32 IS ON THESE GODDAM FREAKS OF COMPUTING NATURE. Seriously when I look into the Linux file system its like all these wierd acronyms like "usr" and "etc" and "sys" and "mnt" and all his crap and I'm like WTF WHERES THE DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS FOLDER!? HOW DO PEOPLE FIND THEIR WAY AROUND HERE? And then after I get lost and the root login tells me to type in sudo something to get anywhere (SUDO? WHAT THE HELL IS A SUDO?) I'm like "To hell with this I'm going to go screw with the Windows95 users again." but no matter how many Windows machines I crash its just not satisfying because those Linux users…they…(sniff)…THEY ARE BIG MEANIES AND I WANT TO GET THEM BACK BUT I CAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAAANT BAWWWWWW

You now what i HATE?

YOUTUBE

I meen sure without Youtube we would not have most of the memes we have right now but
EVERY DAMN YEAR it just gets worst and WORST!
I meen look at the DAMN STUPID LAYOUTS!!! What is this? a layout for a phone or something? NO! IS A GOD DAMN WEBSITE!!! And the most of the "Popular" youtubers are just FREAKIN WHORES! BAH BAH SOMETHING UNFUNNY BAH BAH THUMBS UP FAV MEH VIDS AND SUP HERP DERP! And the comments…

DON'T

GET ME

STARTED

90% of the time, The top comments are just STUPID AS HELL!
Is Crap like Arrow to the knee jokes or just more whores.
BAH BAH BAH LOOK AT MY STUPID VIDS BAH BAH THUMBS UP

And the worst part is that the Youtubers that Don't Whore and make Actually Good Videos BARELY GETS ANYTHING!!!

That is all i have to rant today, and Good day to you Sir.

Last edited Dec 30, 2011 at 01:39AM EST

Okay, I have a bit of a beef with everybody freaking out about video game scores. OH SHIT JIM STERLING GAVE MW3 A 9.5 AND MARIO KART 7 A 5!? SHITSTORM TIME SCUMBAG JIM STERLING. No, just- NO. It's a video game, guys, really. It's okay to disagree with something, but don't call them a scumbag because they like something you don't or dislike something you do. Really now, really.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

That is all.

All the power ups are dramatically improved………………………..I feel bad about myself.

Ah good, a thread where I can unleash who I really am…

Let me make this clear. My Little Pony is shit. Most anime is shit. Most manga is shit. Most Japanese made video games are shit. Most on road motor sport is shit. Most of everything is shit.

Most of you hate me. So be it. Let me be hated. I've been hated everywhere else I've gone on the internet. Doesn't matter to me. I don't know or even care to know who any of you are, most if not all of you don't know or even care to know who I am.

But I need to make something else clear. The reason I hate Halo is not because it's mainstream. I hate it because it was designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Hell, a lot of stuff is meant to appeal to them. But in general, I prefer works that aren't as simplistic in styling as "space marine shooting up aliens on alien worlds".

I prefer something more refined, more sophisticated. Something that has a real story behind it, one that has weight. A story with real characters with intelligence in both writing and their own behavior that you grow somewhat attached to, lust after, even. Characters and a story that feel real, feel like they could on some level actually happen.

It gets complicated when I talk about video games, though. Because though it must possess a well written story full of well written characters, it must also have deep gameplay that rewards the player for thinking outside the box. And it must not fall prey to stereotypes, becoming easy to label as one thing or another, or worse, featuring characters that are themselves racial stereotypes.

In general, though, on the whole, it must feel at least somewhat realistic. At the same time, I understand that not everything can be up to such standards, as set by BioWare's sci fi epic Mass Effect, or USA Network's espionage thriller Burn Notice. I understand that companies and creators must at some point turn a profit. I do not blame them for this. At some point, you have to make money. So you create a simple "summer blockbuster" type of work that will sell by the millions to keep afloat. I understand that.

I'd also like to take a moment to explain myself on my views of women, both real and fictional. Let me get this out of the way: I may like big breasts, a big rump and a narrow waistline as much as the next man; but I'd rather have a smart woman with relatively average looks than a supermodel with little to no brains to speak of. A list of the females I like, both real and fictional: Kari Byron, Mythbuster; Akari Hiyami, 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche; Liara T'Soni, Mass Effect trilogy; Tali'Zorah vas Normandy, Mass Effect trilogy; Ashley Williams, Mass Effect trilogy; Fiona Glenanne, Burn Notice series; Kei Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War; Leia Organa, Star Wars classic trilogy… I could go on, but the list at this point is pretty long. I hope you can get my taste in women from this.

In general, I am not to be taken as a stereotypical "Modern Warfare/Halo fanboy", but rather as an actual person, with my own unique traits, flaws, personality, etc. etc. I hope you can come to understand me, which will in turn help me better understand you.

However, above all, FUCK BRONIES.

@Thomas Nair
On the subject of video games, you look for deep and rewarding gameplay. Have you ever played Heavy Rain? Most rewarding video game ever.

madcat wrote:

@Thomas Nair
On the subject of video games, you look for deep and rewarding gameplay. Have you ever played Heavy Rain? Most rewarding video game ever.

Not my style. I'm not into puzzle games.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Trust me, it's no puzzle game. It's an "interactive drama". The most immersive game I've ever played.

madcat wrote:

Trust me, it's no puzzle game. It's an "interactive drama". The most immersive game I've ever played.

"Interactive drama"? Even less like my style.

I don't want something to be an "interactive story", I want to feel like I'm in control, in command. Why I like Ghost Recon and Mass Effect so much.

EDIT: And why I dislike Star Fox, for that matter.

Last edited Dec 30, 2011 at 11:12PM EST

@Thomas Nair
Ah, it was only a matter of time before you found this thread.
I probably wouldn't hate you so much if you weren't such a dick about all your opinions.
And were less racist.

Cite wrote:

@Thomas Nair
Ah, it was only a matter of time before you found this thread.
I probably wouldn't hate you so much if you weren't such a dick about all your opinions.
And were less racist.

"Racist"?

Hardly.

Note the exact name of the group.

"Anti-Japan Media Task Force"

We only oppose their media, not their people.

I also love how the group only has one member.
Which I assume is you.
I also dislike how you italicize titles.
Grammatically correct or not, it's annoying.
But that's just me nitpicking.

Cite wrote:

I also love how the group only has one member.
Which I assume is you.
I also dislike how you italicize titles.
Grammatically correct or not, it's annoying.
But that's just me nitpicking.

I pick nits, too. I'm very detail oriented.

Also, fuck you. For being a brony.

I pick nits, too. I'm very detail oriented.

Also, fuck you. For being a brony.

Not even going to start.
Actually, please elaborate. This will be hilarious.

Cite wrote:

Not even going to start.
Actually, please elaborate. This will be hilarious.

The Task Force was founded on a simple principle: Promote the well made Western media, oppose poorly made media from both sides of the Pacific, but showcase Eastern media that meets our standards and show it positively. We intended to create change in the global markets of television, video games and literature.

We condemn attacks upon individuals. We only support attacks on media which clearly deserve it, like Mario, Halo and My Little Pony. However, we also aim to promote good media, whether it comes from Japan, Europe or America.

Examples of media we support include: the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series(though we may have to back out from that if Future Soldier is too similar to Modern Warfare), the Ace Combat series(one of several Japanese video game series we support), the F-Zero series(though it appears dead by all indications), the Blazing Angels games(though no indication has been made that Ubi seeks to continues the series), USA Network's Burn Notice(one of several television shows we support), Discovery's Mythbusters(we support them because they make science fun and exciting)…

There are others, of course, but this brief list should give you an idea of our motivations and goals.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

You make it sound as if you stand for an important and serious issue that faces society. It's kinda cute.

Ah, but it is important.

I believe that the average intelligence of a given society may be discernible through the sophistication of the media that society consumes. As such, we believe it may be possible to increase the intelligence of a given society by increasing the sophistication of their media.

It may in fact not be possible, but if it were ever to go into action, the results could be absolutely amazing.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT PROFESSOR LAYTON!!! YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME!!!

Ah, but it is important.

I believe that the average intelligence of a given society may be discernible through the sophistication of the media that society consumes. As such, we believe it may be possible to increase the intelligence of a given society by increasing the sophistication of their media.

It may in fact not be possible, but if it were ever to go into action, the results could be absolutely amazing.

Wow. You're an idiot.
This thread has simply become an arguing ground. Requesting lock. At least for now.

To be perfectly honest with you Nair, most users, myself included, wouldn't dislike you so much if you weren't such an ass about your opinions. You seem to think they're superior to everyone else's when they're not. They're opinions. I don't like anime, but I don't think anyone else is inferior for liking it, nor do I want to abolish it.
I also love how you ignored my request to elaborate several posts ago, and instead opted to give a speech about your stupid "Task Force" bullcrap.

Riyku wrote:

"BOOM, HEADSHOT!" and "FALCON PUNCH!" are greater memes than anything relating to My Little Pony will ever be.

EDIT: @ Citation: Oh, sorry, I thought you meant for me to describe the Task Force. What would you like to discuss?

Last edited Dec 31, 2011 at 12:11AM EST

"BOOM, HEADSHOT!" and "FALCON PUNCH!" are greater memes than anything relating to My Little Pony will ever be.

EDIT: @ Citation: Oh, sorry, I thought you meant for me to describe the Task Force. What would you like to discuss?

Your so funny

Screw you.

I would usually say yes, but since I'm straight……………………….better luck next guy.

c wat i did thar?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!