Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,315 total conversations in 8,688 threads

+ New Thread


Roleplay as your avatar!

Last posted Feb 05, 2012 at 01:48PM EST. Added Jan 05, 2012 at 06:08PM EST
374 posts from 75 users

You shall not pass… the speed limit.

Jan 16, 2012 at 07:22PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

You shall not pass… the speed limit.

YOU DIDN’T REPLACE ANY OF YOUR Os WITH 0s

Jan 16, 2012 at 07:24PM EST
Quote

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

I stole all of his remaining 0’s.

I’m not following…

Jan 17, 2012 at 03:03AM EST
Quote

Derpy, you will never be touched by the Quantum Meme, as I have no hands because I’m currently Buckminsterfullerene.

Jan 17, 2012 at 05:02PM EST
Quote

量子 Meme wrote:

Derpy, you will never be touched by the Quantum Meme, as I have no hands because I’m currently Buckminsterfullerene.

If you used elements and/or subatomic particles that have stronger gravitational pull, and have complex trajectory paths when orbiting and being orbited around similar elements and/or subatomic particles, you could have simple moving parts that may very well mimic arms and hands. Of course, you’d need more atoms and more complex atoms to do so.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:04PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

If you used elements and/or subatomic particles that have stronger gravitational pull, and have complex trajectory paths when orbiting and being orbited around similar elements and/or subatomic particles, you could have simple moving parts that may very well mimic arms and hands. Of course, you’d need more atoms and more complex atoms to do so.


This guy knows his shit.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:07PM EST
Quote

Arf Arf Arf. No wait thats a seal. Does anybody know what sound a walrus makes?

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:13PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:


This guy knows his shit.

But I didn’t even go into which elements and what subatomic particles would be necessary to create such a molecular machination!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:19PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

But I didn’t even go into which elements and what subatomic particles would be necessary to create such a molecular machination!

Are you in college?
Oh and btw:

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:25PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Are you in college?
Oh and btw:

To my knowledge, this isn’t college-level stuff, so I don’t see why you would assume that.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:26PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

To my knowledge, this isn’t college-level stuff, so I don’t see why you would assume that.

i’m just a junior so I do not know if this is in high school physics or not but I did do AP chemistry but not that much into detail, that I know of.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:41PM EST
Quote

eats rainbow dash
delicious

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:43AM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

i’m just a junior so I do not know if this is in high school physics or not but I did do AP chemistry but not that much into detail, that I know of.

Well, I learned pretty much everything I know about physics and chemistry from books I bought, not any school curriculum.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:01PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Well, I learned pretty much everything I know about physics and chemistry from books I bought, not any school curriculum.

Learning by teacher is so mainstream.

I prefer to do it by the book.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:04PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

If you used elements and/or subatomic particles that have stronger gravitational pull, and have complex trajectory paths when orbiting and being orbited around similar elements and/or subatomic particles, you could have simple moving parts that may very well mimic arms and hands. Of course, you’d need more atoms and more complex atoms to do so.

:Flips table:

Are you deliberately finding technicalities to prove me even the slightest wrong?

My point is, I’m a fullerene right now so your idea contains some invalidity.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:05PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Well, I learned pretty much everything I know about physics and chemistry from books I bought, not any school curriculum.

Story of my intellect.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:06PM EST
Quote

量子 Meme wrote:

:Flips table:

Are you deliberately finding technicalities to prove me even the slightest wrong?

My point is, I’m a fullerene right now so your idea contains some invalidity.

That much is true, yes. To become a molecular hand, the buckminsterfullerene would have to break its uniform shape, and it wouldn’t be a fullerene anymore. But I thought you would be okay with any molecule avatar at all, so I suggested a molecule that can grab little particles and atoms.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:09PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

That much is true, yes. To become a molecular hand, the buckminsterfullerene would have to break its uniform shape, and it wouldn’t be a fullerene anymore. But I thought you would be okay with any molecule avatar at all, so I suggested a molecule that can grab little particles and atoms.

….meh.

I’ll change atoms when I want.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:16PM EST
Quote

量子 Meme wrote:

….meh.

I’ll change atoms when I want.

Be Ununoctium next!

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:18PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

Be Ununoctium next!

I’ll be honest, Uuo is never on my periodic tables, so I have no idea what it is.

Please excuse the huge gap in my scientific knowledge.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:27PM EST
Quote

量子 Meme wrote:

I’ll be honest, Uuo is never on my periodic tables, so I have no idea what it is.

Please excuse the huge gap in my scientific knowledge.

That’s not a huge gap in scientific knowledge. Ununoctium is only classified as an element because it was viewed for a couple milliseconds before collapsing into more stable atoms and isotopes.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:34PM EST
Quote

Piano wrote:

That’s not a huge gap in scientific knowledge. Ununoctium is only classified as an element because it was viewed for a couple milliseconds before collapsing into more stable atoms and isotopes.

It was actually sarcasm, maybe I should have used italics…

…but yeah, the element is familiar.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:42PM EST
Quote

Lolrus wrote:

This is now a science thread. Deal with it.

Me and RF seem to do that a lot…

Think of it as a ‘derailed maglev train’

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:59PM EST
Quote

量子 Meme wrote:

Me and RF seem to do that a lot…

Think of it as a ‘derailed maglev train’

Ohhh, magnetics is a fun subject. Would you like to talk about that?

Jan 18, 2012 at 01:37PM EST
Quote

Πώς φτάσαμε από ρόλων στην επιστήμη;
εξετάζει Avatar κβαντική μιμίδιο του
Βλέπω τώρα. αλλά εάν θα μπορούσα να αναμορφώσει τον εαυτό μου στο κβαντικό επίπεδο, id κάνει το σώμα μου, είτε νανοσωλήνες διαμάντι ή άνθρακα. ή ίσως τιτάνιο. ή ορείχαλκο, αν ένιωθα σαν πανκ ατμού.

Jan 18, 2012 at 02:06PM EST

Piano wrote:

Ohhh, magnetics is a fun subject. Would you like to talk about that?

Magnets and superconductors.
That is all.

Jan 18, 2012 at 02:49PM EST
Quote

Patina wrote:

Πώς φτάσαμε από ρόλων στην επιστήμη;
εξετάζει Avatar κβαντική μιμίδιο του
Βλέπω τώρα. αλλά εάν θα μπορούσα να αναμορφώσει τον εαυτό μου στο κβαντικό επίπεδο, id κάνει το σώμα μου, είτε νανοσωλήνες διαμάντι ή άνθρακα. ή ίσως τιτάνιο. ή ορείχαλκο, αν ένιωθα σαν πανκ ατμού.

Wat.

Jan 18, 2012 at 02:54PM EST
Quote

Patina wrote:

Πώς φτάσαμε από ρόλων στην επιστήμη;
εξετάζει Avatar κβαντική μιμίδιο του
Βλέπω τώρα. αλλά εάν θα μπορούσα να αναμορφώσει τον εαυτό μου στο κβαντικό επίπεδο, id κάνει το σώμα μου, είτε νανοσωλήνες διαμάντι ή άνθρακα. ή ίσως τιτάνιο. ή ορείχαλκο, αν ένιωθα σαν πανκ ατμού.

I think you accidentally the entire Greek language.

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:14PM EST
Quote

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

I’m amazed at how intelligent a “Roleplay as Your Avatar” Thread became.

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:25PM EST
Quote

i did not expect this thread to get derailed like this

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:33PM EST
Quote

Colmei wrote:

Magnets and superconductors.
That is all.

My goodness, that’s a tad overused, that video…

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:42PM EST
Quote

Patina wrote:

Πώς φτάσαμε από ρόλων στην επιστήμη;
εξετάζει Avatar κβαντική μιμίδιο του
Βλέπω τώρα. αλλά εάν θα μπορούσα να αναμορφώσει τον εαυτό μου στο κβαντικό επίπεδο, id κάνει το σώμα μου, είτε νανοσωλήνες διαμάντι ή άνθρακα. ή ίσως τιτάνιο. ή ορείχαλκο, αν ένιωθα σαν πανκ ατμού.

Gasp I’m so flattered!

Jan 18, 2012 at 03:45PM EST
Quote

███ ██ █████ ███
███ ███████ ████ ███
█ ███████ ████ ████ █████
███████ ██ ███████ ██████ ██ █████
███ ███████ █████ █ ████ ████ ████ ████
████ ██ ███████

Jan 18, 2012 at 06:16PM EST
Quote

Notsocool the Dewott wrote:

███ ██ █████ ███
███ ███████ ████ ███
█ ███████ ████ ████ █████
███████ ██ ███████ ██████ ██ █████
███ ███████ █████ █ ████ ████ ████ ████
████ ██ ███████

███ ██ █████ ███
███ ███████ ████ ███
█ ███████ ████ ████ █████
███████ ██ ███████ ██████ ██
███ ███████ █████ █ ████ ████?

Jan 18, 2012 at 06:26PM EST
Quote

Hey, Col█████ █ ████████ ███

Jan 18, 2012 at 06:48PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!