Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Is the Registered Trademark on our logo new, or have I never noticed it before?

Last posted Jan 10, 2012 at 12:40PM EST. Added Jan 09, 2012 at 08:36PM EST
9 posts from 7 users

I think that it was always there and we just didn't notice it. Its like your nose being in your field of vision. You forget that its there until you are reminded of it or Patrick pokes it.

Lolrus wrote:

I think that it was always there and we just didn't notice it. Its like your nose being in your field of vision. You forget that its there until you are reminded of it or Patrick pokes it.

Squidward's nose is so big, it's hard for me to imagine him not knowing it's there.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4002:r4af8q.2.1

Word Mark KNOW YOUR MEME
Goods and Services IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Providing a website that gives users the ability to review various print, photographic, graphic image, and audio and video content and utilize a custom template to provide input, likes, dislikes, edits, changes, modifications, opinions, suggestions, and comments and engage in social, business and community networking. FIRST USE: 20070904. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20070904
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85254120
Filing Date March 1, 2011
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition August 23, 2011
Registration Number 4052197
Registration Date November 8, 2011
Owner (REGISTRANT) CHEEZBURGER, INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 190 QUEEN ANNE AVE N SUITE 300 SEATTLE WASHINGTON 98109
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Sean M. McChesney
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "MEME" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

From Wikipedia:

The essential function of a trademark is to exclusively identify the commercial source or origin of products or services, such that a trademark, properly called, indicates source or serves as a badge of origin. In other words, trademarks serve to identify a particular business as the source of goods or services. The use of a trademark in this way is known as trademark use. Certain exclusive rights attach to a registered mark, which can be enforced by way of an action for trademark infringement, while in some countries unregistered trademark rights can be enforced pursuant to the common law tort of passing off

So, for example, a person can't start another website and put our logo on it and pretend to be KYM or have their services endorsed by KYM. Just another layer of intellectual property protection.

Last edited Jan 10, 2012 at 12:42PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!