Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Stupid Shit Your Family Does

Last posted Jan 25, 2012 at 04:54PM EST. Added Jan 24, 2012 at 04:33PM EST
31 posts from 17 users

Our values are sometimes at odds with my own, but they are consistently logical.

I think there are some small things though. My dad used to ask other family members to get the remote control for him when it was less than five feet away.

I don't know. They're both consistently smart about what they do. I'm a bit more academic, but I'm the one that ends up doing most of the stupid stuff.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Every night when my parents are in a Raid on WoW, we order dinner from fast food restaurants normally.

Your parents play WoW?!

Cite wrote:

Your parents play WoW?!

Now they play the new Star wars RPGMMO. They played Warhammer online, rift, anything that is a MMO that they can play together on. They are a gaming couple.

ChaoticJ_202 wrote:

my family tries to make us read for an hour, every day; which means no tv, no facebook, no games, pure boredom

That actually sounds like a good idea. I imagine it sucks if you don't want to do it or you have to read something that doesn't interest you, but I wish my parents had encouraged reading (if not just flat out forcing me to read.)

But then again, I'm out of the house, so that's easy for me to say.

I asked my father to cash in a check I got on the way home from work tomorrow. He yelled at me because he knew I was going to spend it on a game (Star Wars: The Old Republic for the record). He thinks I shouldn't be getting more games because I just got 5 for Christmas blahblahblah IT'S MY MONEY DAMMIT. What else is a broke 17 year old living in the midwest gonna buy? Music, maybe? I don't watch TV, so no DVDs. Books? We have a library down the street.
He does this every time I need money, even if it's my own freaking money.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Here you go Cite. I think you need this advice.

Edit: I'm saying that you need to slap your father. I'm obviously joking.

Not sure if encouraging me or insulting me….

My mom doesn't lock, or even fully close door when she uses the bathroom, for anything at all. She says she does it so in an emergency she could get out without having to fumble with the lock, but I really wish she would take the risk of being in the bathroom 1 extra second as the run-ins are always terrible.

Oh don't even get me started! If I where to wright down every annoyance I had about my family it wouled be longer than all the Harry Potter books put together!

But right now my current annoyance is my Dad useing a Domain Blocker as an "Antivirus Sheild"…
(AKA, an excuse to keep me off websites he thinks I spend way too much time on)

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Every night when my parents are in a Raid on WoW, we order dinner from fast food restaurants normally.

i wish my parents played wow

At Mcdonalds, me and my mom are talking about things to bring when she moves out. She says, "I wonder if I should bring my vibrator…". Like three people hear her and turn.
Me:

Last edited Jan 24, 2012 at 07:21PM EST

Cite wrote:

I asked my father to cash in a check I got on the way home from work tomorrow. He yelled at me because he knew I was going to spend it on a game (Star Wars: The Old Republic for the record). He thinks I shouldn't be getting more games because I just got 5 for Christmas blahblahblah IT'S MY MONEY DAMMIT. What else is a broke 17 year old living in the midwest gonna buy? Music, maybe? I don't watch TV, so no DVDs. Books? We have a library down the street.
He does this every time I need money, even if it's my own freaking money.

Same with me. My parents don't even let me take money out of bank account. They say it'll help me buy a car or invest into a house someday.

Ashbot wrote:

At Mcdonalds, me and my mom are talking about things to bring when she moves out. She says, "I wonder if I should bring my vibrator…". Like three people hear her and turn.
Me:

WHAT.

Ashbot wrote:

Me:

WHAT!?

Ashbot wrote:

Me:

Last edited Jan 24, 2012 at 08:50PM EST

Riyku wrote:

i'm only allowed to drink one soda a day
i wish i could drink 2 a day

I'm only allowed every second day………………………………….. probably cause one night at a party I drank about eight cans of diet coke. I was up all night.

I'm only allowed one soda per week. Floortunately, I have full access to my money and buy lots.
nyeh heh, take that, parents!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!