Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Interview A User!

Last posted Feb 05, 2012 at 10:14AM EST. Added Jan 26, 2012 at 10:34PM EST
100 posts from 35 users

Remember a few months back when I made that Mod General thread? Well now I think it's time we have regular users be interviewed. If you can get in contact with that user with an interview, and they respond, post it here! If we're gonna be on this site we all gotta know each other better.

Last edited Jan 26, 2012 at 10:36PM EST

I promised Kalmo to keep this thread on topic. So here are 3 interviews with Kalmo, Fridge Logic and PimpAbra. Pimp is posted here, Kalmo and Fridge get seperate posts.

PimpAbra

< Random_Man > So new interview.
< Random_Man > Feeling fancy eh?
< PimpAbra > Oh wao
< PimpAbra > Uhm
< PimpAbra > Yes, I'm feeling fancy, like always. I masturbate while drinking earl grey.
< Random_Man > Do you see a lot of change to KYM in the future?
< PimpAbra > Yes, I see a much broader database of internet culture. As has been happeningrecently, we've expanded our entries to people, events, and subcultures, but I believe this is just thestart of where we're going. I think we're going to become a little less lulz oriented and a little bit more wikipedia-y, if that makes sense.
< Random_Man > KYM is covering a lot more yes. But do you believe there's a certain point wherewe should stop in order to not become like Wikipedia?
< PimpAbra > Personally, I would say that I'd rather go the way of wikipedia than go the way ofencyclopedia dramatica. I'd like for us to be seen as a valid source for information, not just a sitepurveying random lulzy pictures. If anything, I wish there was a little bit more analysis of currentinternet trends, although I'm sure that can be obtained in websites other than ours also. I doubt we'llever fully go that way, however, j
< PimpAbra > Although who knows? We're the first real internet generation. We'll have to see where we end up with this.
< PimpAbra > World wide web generation, excuse me.
< Random_Man > So what do you do besides scrolling around on the web?
< PimpAbra > I'm currently enrolled in University and pursuing a double major in Mathmatics and Music. In my free time, I go walking or biking around minneapolis and visit new restaurants, I listen tonew albums and try to expand my musical horizon, and I play videogames on my computer.
A very broad interest I see. So what really has your interest? What can you seeyourself do more often in the future?
< Random_Man > Let me rephrase the first question: What really peakes your interest?
< PimpAbra > What really interests me is music. I just love everything about it. The fusion of artand logic is one of the most beautiful things in existance. I would love to pursue my knowledge farenough that I am able to talk about the music I love as well as it deserves to be.
< PimpAbra > As far as the future goes, I'd love to be a vocal performer, but that's really mydream job and not very realistic. I'm not sure what sort of 'realistic' job I'd like to do, however. I guess I'll probably just go to grad school and see what comes up after university.
< Random_Man > In that case, is there anything you'd like to say to the people who read this?
< PimpAbra > We're on the forefront of the internet right now. We're one of the only groups ofpeople to document the social workings of the internet. Keep on documenting and writing, as it is one of the most important things we can do at this point.
< Random_Man > I think that covers it.
< Random_Man > Thank you for your time.
< PimpAbra > Yeah, thanks for the questions.

Fridge Logic

< Random_Man > Greetings
< Random_Man > So how did you find KYM?
< FridgeLogic > Well, I first became interested in memes in my early internet days when I used tolook at Wikipedia a lot. I first found ED, but it was a little too off color for my tastes. Then I found KYMin the fall of 2010, and joined as a member in May of 2011.
< FridgeLogic > I've been posting in the forums ever since.
< Random_Man > In what way did KYM spark your interests that let you made an account?
< FridgeLogic > It was one of the forum games, Meme Jeopardy!, that finally made me join.Ironically, I was actually way late to join in the game. That was back when I had my first username as Vulcan. In case anyone wants to know, that's a Star Trek reference.
< Random_Man > What would you call your favorite meme?
< FridgeLogic > That is a very difficult question. There are just too many good ones! I think it'd have to be a split between So I herd U Like Mudkips, Haters Gonna Hate, and P-P-P-Powerbook!
< FridgeLogic > But that's only a few of my favorites.
< FridgeLogic > I also like Demotivational posters especially
< Random_Man > A broad interest I see. So what do you do besides KYM online?
< FridgeLogic > My online activity generally consists of 40% Know Your Meme, 60% My LittlePony, 5% Facebook, 5% YouTube, and 10% miscellaneous sites. That's 120% right there, 20% cooler than 100%.
< Random_Man > That's a fancy schedule, so can I confirm that you spend quite some time online on a daily base? Do internet and real-life often collide?
< FridgeLogic > Real life! You speak as if such a thing exists! In all seriousness, I do wish I hadmore time than I do. Most of my IRL activity amounts to schoolwork and playing in my school band,which is very time consuming. Then there's the added burden of Skyrim; the addiction, it would seem, is quite vicious. I occasionally do get some time with friends on the weekends, but it takes a lot of juggling.
< FridgeLogic > I'm also trying to get into college and earn my Eagle Scout rank, which is a veryhigh honor in the Boy Scouts of America.
< FridgeLogic > As you can tell, I have over 9000 irons in the fire.
< Random_Man > Busy man I see. Any future plans in any of this?
< FridgeLogic > Yes indeed. I graduate from high school in may of 2013, and shall attend theUniversity of Florida, if I can get in. I'll probably go into the field of journalism, hopefully somethingrequiring extensive internet use. Then maybe settle down, find a nice girl, have some kids, then get oldand disappear into the Force when I pass on. I've got it all figured out.
< FridgeLogic > I'm afraid I have to retire for the night. I'd like to continue this at a later date, if possible.
< FridgeLogic > Goodnight

Fridge disconnected here.

Kalmo

< Random_Man > Who has best dick?
< Kalmo > Olivia
< Random_Man > You often show different opinions about users, but how do you feel about the userbase in general?
< Kalmo > I think it's a really nice place. Sure some users might not be associally accepted, but I think it's a really great website to make online friends.
< Random_Man >What is your favorite meme?
< Kalmo > I would say those faces for the Inglip meme. I just love thoseshocked reactions.
< Random_Man > How would you describe a casual day of browsing online?
< Kalmo > On KYM or in general?
< Random_Man > General, but you can go into detail if you want.
< Kalmo > Well typically I either take a class online, go on tumblr, or KYM.
< Kalmo > For KYM it'stypically this:
< Kalmo > * Post a witty comment
< Kalmo > * Refresh
< Kalmo > * Refresh
< Random_Man > * Dicksuck
< Kalmo > "Hey, I got a karma!"
< Kalmo > * Refresh
< Kalmo > And so on
< Random_Man > So do you visit a lot of other sites besides KYM and Tumblr. Or is that the point where you go offline?
< Kalmo > Occasionally I'll go on Cracked, or just go on Google and see what comes up. If there isn't anything to do IRL or online, I just play my ROMs of Zeldagames.
< Random_Man > Ah yes Zelda. You like to see yourself as KYM's Zelda fanboy.So what got you into the series and how did this develop over time?
< Kalmo > Well Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda game on the N64. But Ihonestly didn't beat it until I got the collector's edition for Gamecube. Then it just really went from therewith playing MM, Zelda I and II, and the Wind Waker demo. After that, I was hooked.
< Random_Man > So it just happened?
< Kalmo > Pretty much. Also I guess since my dad played it when he was younger kind of helped it.
< Kalmo > I've just always been attracted to playing as the hero. Being him. No decisions. You're just on your journey to do what's right.
< Random_Man > If you are on the internet, what really sparks your interest? What really makes you stop and think "Yes, this I should read"?
< Kalmo > Well typically I'm behind on popular trends. So I'll see something interesting look it up, and then be like "omfg no wai". Such as Scott Pilgrim, as most of you shouldremember, and now reading HomeStuck. Again with the whole "being the hero" biz.
< Random_Man > I can pretty much guess the answer already, but what is yourfavorite genre? This can be anything, books, games, tv, whatever.
< Kalmo > Um… Books wouldhave to be a story of two friends, such as "Of Mice and Men", Games would have to be adventure/puzzlelike Zelda, TV has gotta be comedy like Scrubs, and movies, I am a SUCKER for sob films Like ToySt*COUGHTHENOTEBOOKCOUGH*ory 3.
< Random_Man > Any future plans you want to strife for?
< Kalmo > Umwell a lot of ideas. Politics, video game designing, psychology, acting.
< Kalmo > It just sucks I can't be a video gaming acting politician psychologist.
< Kalmo > There's so much I wanna do in my life, but it's hard to know where to start.
< Kalmo > I wanna do something I'll be known for.
< Kalmo > I don't wanna just be forgotten.
< Random_Man > Salutes to Kalmo. Let's go into detail a bit then. What do you want to do later for a living?
< Kalmo > I wanna do something worthwhile that will helppeople. Forget their problems, fix their problems, make their problems not seem so bad…
< Kalmo > I just wanna help people in any way I can.
< Random_Man > So what advice would you like to give people?
< Kalmo > Well first off, don't suck the mods dicks. That's my job. You don't know their sweet spots.
< Kalmo > And also, above all else:
< Kalmo > Don't let yourself give in. Let yourself get out.
< Random_Man > Alright then, that should cover it.
< Random_Man >Thank you for your time.
< Kalmo > Fuck you
< Random_Man > I'd love to some time
< Kalmo > * sucksucksuck
< Random_Man > [And then they all fucked]

Last edited Jan 26, 2012 at 11:46PM EST

Adam DeLand wrote:

To Teh Brawler; Are you trying for a Entry Mod position?

While I can't deny that getting that kind of position would be awesome, and that I would like to be able to deadpool and confirm articles, what's most important to me is being able to contribute to the site, and being able to thoroughly document memes and internet culture.

So, yes, I am.

Last edited Jan 26, 2012 at 11:57PM EST

Piano wrote:

To Nikolkai8:

What inspired your username?

Well. my grandparents are from Greece, and my name in Greek is Nikolaki. I just love the sound of it. It rolled off the tongue. The "8" part isn't to do with a year or anything like that. My first toy I ever got was a little wooden train with 8 wheels on it. So I decide to put those two together.

Last edited Jan 28, 2012 at 02:43AM EST

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

To RussianFedora:

If you owned your own island, and it was also it's own country, government, etc, what would you name it and why?

I would need more details to decide that. Where is the island, how big is it, and what kind of flora and fauna does it have?

Piano wrote:

I would need more details to decide that. Where is the island, how big is it, and what kind of flora and fauna does it have?

Directly between North America and Europe, about the size of Spain, and it has pine trees that have blue needles, along with potatoes growing on them that are about the size of the average human's head.

>Implying all penis jokes are funny
>ISHYGDDT

^This

DICK jokes require timing and preperation, only to be obtained through years of training.

They are of a tier only a few can master.

Ben Drowned! wrote:

To Ric Telsa
If you could own any website, what website would it be

That is a toughy right there….
How about Wiki and make people get the information just from text books or reliable sources instead of doing on what people think is most correct.
(Sorry, I complete forgot about this thread).

pug on toast wrote:

I always thought Vulcan's name was a reference to the Roman god……

NOOOOOOOPE!!1

But good guess. Now someone ask me a bullshit question so I can issue a clever retort.

Directly between North America and Europe, about the size of Spain, and it has pine trees that have blue needles, along with potatoes growing on them that are about the size of the average human's head.

"Midway Blue", for obvious reasons.

What IS…. "Fridge Logic…?"

I believe that is the superb logic that can be orchestrated by an artificially intelligent computer system that is in a chamber so cold that it operates at maximum efficiency.

Adam DeLand wrote:

To Mister J:

What is your fursona and why did you pick the certain animal it is?

I don't really have a fursona, as I am a horrible artist and is too lazy to do commissions.

If you are referring to my avatar, it's Keith from the webcomic Twokinds. I picked him because he's like the IRL me: short, powerful, unpersuasive, left his home for better, best friend is madly in love and feels awkward around them but has to cope with it, and pretty sure that most people think he's gay. And he has no eye whites.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!