Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

be another...

Last posted Feb 06, 2012 at 10:48PM EST. Added Feb 03, 2012 at 11:46PM EST
191 posts from 32 users

MetaMango wrote:

Oh! You Forofor! I'm already wearing Ric's pants! Guess who am I in my real skin and muffins, old champ!

the earl of sandwich?

but seriously. think of the shenanigans!

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 12:11AM EST

Ashbot wrote:

I have a feeling this thread is just gonna end up being users mocking each other. I guess i'll give it a shot.

Hi, i'm Taryn, and i'm sarcastic and boring.

We have essential directions with these sorta threads, you can't just simply point this stuff out.

I have to disagree that we should not be permitted to blatantly point out the exact role that we should be trying to mimic due to the fact that is it difficult to accurately determine the role that you are playing from simply text alone.

This is due to the fact that:

• Not many users are familiar with other users enough to accurately reflect their posting style
  • Many users may post in the same style which makes the users act ambiguous
  • Many more users post in a manner that does not have an obvious style or trend to it which is unique to themselves

• There are some users which do post in a very unique manner which is easy to identify such as the behaviour of WarcraftNerd which Nikolaki just demonstrated. But in order to mimic the posting of other users, it may be necessary to resort to stereotypical attitudes and personalities that other users share.

Ashbot has demonstrated this by blatantly stating boredom and sarcasm, henceforth: Taryn as there are stereotypes and in-jokes of Taryn being boring and sarcastic in her tone of posting even if Taryn normally does not reflect that behaviour in her posts

As a final factor, this thread may not get many responses out of fear that some users could potentially offend others. For example one may attempt to mimic the posting of Citationneeded with generally begrudging and cynical behaviour I.E: "this thread sucks", or one may attempt to mimic the posting style of Jolly Jew with very political and serious posts laced with pessimism. However such posting could incite anger and dissent within our own community.

On the other hand though, any problems could be avoided as long as participants choose their target of mimicry wisely. Say for instance one could attempt to mimic Verbose with a long winded and heavily formatted post such as this and there will be little repercussions as we all know that Verbose can take a joke.

Random image for the sake of keeping the thread on topic:

We wouldn't want to derail the topic. Plus I want to make my TL;DR post seem even longer than it actually is.

TL;DR:

I'm a Teal Deer

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 01:28AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I have to disagree that we should not be permitted to blatantly point out the exact role that we should be trying to mimic due to the fact that is it difficult to accurately determine the role that you are playing from simply text alone.

This is due to the fact that:

• Not many users are familiar with other users enough to accurately reflect their posting style
  • Many users may post in the same style which makes the users act ambiguous
  • Many more users post in a manner that does not have an obvious style or trend to it which is unique to themselves

• There are some users which do post in a very unique manner which is easy to identify such as the behaviour of WarcraftNerd which Nikolaki just demonstrated. But in order to mimic the posting of other users, it may be necessary to resort to stereotypical attitudes and personalities that other users share.

Ashbot has demonstrated this by blatantly stating boredom and sarcasm, henceforth: Taryn as there are stereotypes and in-jokes of Taryn being boring and sarcastic in her tone of posting even if Taryn normally does not reflect that behaviour in her posts

As a final factor, this thread may not get many responses out of fear that some users could potentially offend others. For example one may attempt to mimic the posting of Citationneeded with generally begrudging and cynical behaviour I.E: "this thread sucks", or one may attempt to mimic the posting style of Jolly Jew with very political and serious posts laced with pessimism. However such posting could incite anger and dissent within our own community.

On the other hand though, any problems could be avoided as long as participants choose their target of mimicry wisely. Say for instance one could attempt to mimic Verbose with a long winded and heavily formatted post such as this and there will be little repercussions as we all know that Verbose can take a joke.

Random image for the sake of keeping the thread on topic:

We wouldn't want to derail the topic. Plus I want to make my TL;DR post seem even longer than it actually is.

TL;DR:

I'm a Teal Deer

TL:DR

What in god's name is going on in here? This thread is stupid. This idea is stupid. I hate all of you. Go die. I'm gonna go play more ME or TF2…

And now I wait for the inevitable rage.

Hiding

Last edited Mar 25, 2013 at 10:39PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

What in god's name is going on in here? This thread is stupid. This idea is stupid. I hate all of you. Go die. I'm gonna go play more ME or TF2…

And now I wait for the inevitable rage.

Hiding

I am unamused.

A problem has been detected and this thread has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: BE_ANOTHER.SYS

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any trolls are properly banned. If it is a new troll, ask your local staff member for any mod promotions you might need.

If problems continue, disable or ban any new users. Disable forum components such as JFF and General. If you need to use God Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, delete System32, and profit.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFD3094C2, 0x00000001, 0xFBFE7617, 0x00000000)

*** BE_ANOTHER.SYS - Address FBFE7617 base at FBFE 500, DateStamp 3d6dd67c

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 01:24AM EST

Stop posting stuff you like or i'll vomit, Japan Media is so overrated I have an Invincible army to fight it, Halo is the most boring game on earth and noone should play it, I'm not a COD Fanboy, Noone should like My little Pony, I'll Pick this gun Bah bah bah, Crimson Skies Bah bah bah Blazing Angels Bah bah bah Ghost Recon Bahbahbahbahbahbah, Noone should like what i don't like.
    (It should not be hard to tell who i'm mimicing)

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 01:55AM EST

Piano wrote:

Look at me, I'm CitationNeeded, I write short replies to threads and users demonstrating my overall sarcasm and wit that stems from reaction.

Holy crap everyone, RussianFedora acknowledged me.
    I feel honored. I truly do.
    Thank you.
    And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 01:50AM EST

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

You didn't feel honored when I acknowledged you… I'm gonna go cry in my corner now. I'm kidding.

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 01:53AM EST

Hey guys, I'm going to tell a joke that could be interpreted as slightly offensive, and then make sure to add "I'm kidding" at the end of it.

Hello and Salutations to all Members of KnowYourMango.

I the Prophet of fruit and stock photographs have arrived to bring you another message of wisdom and peace

I foresee the great day that the blue river of burnt ashes will flow through the cheeseburger of french salutations to bring us the promised cake of enumerated lists.

Heavens shall divide to show the face of the one true food pyramid floating above the purple horned monocled puppy as the steel cows march across the lands of auditory clowns

Then the chosen zero may descend upon the fresh selection at subway, the hills will do the dinosaur and if you call now within the next 10 minutes you will get not one but TWO snuggies.

Herp derp derp herp derp derp herp derp herp herp derp

I like to stalk Ric hours on end and watch him sleep at night hours on end. Then some times I take pieces of his hair from his tail then snort it into my noise and then put then put it in my Faygo, then drink with pleasure. I also some times try to rape him during a foggy night for the fun and like to see him put up a fight because I like to take him down and look deep into his eyes and see his courage evaporates faster then water in hell, and get replaced by fear that seeps deep into his soul and spirit and being consumed by his insanity that I keep alive with in him. Then I get closer and closer to his face and say….HONK! Then disappear back into the fog, seeing him getting up and running is always funny.

I like to watch RussianFedora sleep.

I'm always there. Standing.

You just never notice me, that's all.

Don't worry. I don't mind. I like you.

I like how your posts are always so funny. So witty. So full of troll.

The others just don't see it. They lock my threads.

My beautiful, passionate threads.

When I can't sleep, when the thought of being cold, alone, helpless and unloved envelops me, I think of you, RF. Of your Fedora, of the good times we had. Of all the people you've trolled.

That's why I did it.

Did what, you may ask?

Why, look around you, RF.

You're not in your house. Not in mine. No, we're in a coal mine, a few hundred metres or so underground. You're tied up, I'm pacing around you, like a cat, toying with it's prey. But I won't hurt you. I'll protect you.

My very act of drugging you and dragging you here, underground, on some godforsaken asian island to keep you here forever. THIS is how much I love you, RF.

This room, shall I say, is absolutely safe. It's airtight, watertight, and soundproof. Soon, when the hyperbolic processes complete, we shall be born into our wonderful new life together. That capsule over there is for you. This one over here is mine. Soon, oh so soon, we shall begin our eternity together, staring, watching, eternally awake and aware, just in our chambers.

Don't bother struggling. In the absolute safety of this artificial womb, we will never be harmed again. Were the sun to explode, the planets boil, the very atoms of the earth to diminish into nothingness, we will be safe. When what manner of eldrich horror to encroach us, we shall forever be safe in our mother's warm, loving embrace. Safe, in the amnion of eternity, floating through the darkness of space, with nothing but our company.

My eternal paradise, with you.

Now, it's almost ready. Let me strap you in.

Before we go… Nietzsche once said that we are fated to relive our lives without deviation for all eternity. I wonder; if my eternity was to be spent fully aware, would there be a need to relive it?

detectiveStalemate wrote:

I like to watch RussianFedora sleep.

I'm always there. Standing.

You just never notice me, that's all.

Don't worry. I don't mind. I like you.

I like how your posts are always so funny. So witty. So full of troll.

The others just don't see it. They lock my threads.

My beautiful, passionate threads.

When I can't sleep, when the thought of being cold, alone, helpless and unloved envelops me, I think of you, RF. Of your Fedora, of the good times we had. Of all the people you've trolled.

That's why I did it.

Did what, you may ask?

Why, look around you, RF.

You're not in your house. Not in mine. No, we're in a coal mine, a few hundred metres or so underground. You're tied up, I'm pacing around you, like a cat, toying with it's prey. But I won't hurt you. I'll protect you.

My very act of drugging you and dragging you here, underground, on some godforsaken asian island to keep you here forever. THIS is how much I love you, RF.

This room, shall I say, is absolutely safe. It's airtight, watertight, and soundproof. Soon, when the hyperbolic processes complete, we shall be born into our wonderful new life together. That capsule over there is for you. This one over here is mine. Soon, oh so soon, we shall begin our eternity together, staring, watching, eternally awake and aware, just in our chambers.

Don't bother struggling. In the absolute safety of this artificial womb, we will never be harmed again. Were the sun to explode, the planets boil, the very atoms of the earth to diminish into nothingness, we will be safe. When what manner of eldrich horror to encroach us, we shall forever be safe in our mother's warm, loving embrace. Safe, in the amnion of eternity, floating through the darkness of space, with nothing but our company.

My eternal paradise, with you.

Now, it's almost ready. Let me strap you in.

Before we go… Nietzsche once said that we are fated to relive our lives without deviation for all eternity. I wonder; if my eternity was to be spent fully aware, would there be a need to relive it?

Now that's what I call a cool story, bro.

Cite wrote:

Thank you.

I don't believe you.

Kalmo wrote:

Wow, pretending to be another user is such a fascist past-time. Down with America. You republicans are the devil.

LegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZelda

Piano wrote:

LegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZeldaLegendOfZelda

TrollKingismyloverIhateTrollKingJointheTrollKingArmyIloveTrollKingIhateTrollKingdontinsultTrollKingGamzeeGamzeeGamzeeGamzeeWitchKingWitchKingWitchKingTrollKingRussianRussianRussianTrollTrollTrollRecruitRecruitRecruit

Kalmo wrote:

TrollKingismyloverIhateTrollKingJointheTrollKingArmyIloveTrollKingIhateTrollKingdontinsultTrollKingGamzeeGamzeeGamzeeGamzeeWitchKingWitchKingWitchKingTrollKingRussianRussianRussianTrollTrollTrollRecruitRecruitRecruit

ScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsMods

Piano wrote:

ScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimScottPilgrimVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesVideoGamesTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynTarynModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsModsMods

HoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNk

oh shit, wrong user ummmmmm.
    DICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKS

Last edited Feb 04, 2012 at 07:29PM EST

Gamzee wrote:

HoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNkHoNk

oh shit, wrong user ummmmmm.
    DICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKSDICKS

Nope, that's the entire IRC, not me. You have one try left.

Piano wrote:

Nope, that's the entire IRC, not me. You have one try left.

Nukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukes
    nukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukesnukes

IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU ALL WITH ME!

Hey guys, I'm really jealous of Kalmo, so I'm gonna make a post to try to get some karma like him. Please? Can I get some karma?

WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU GIVE ME KARMA!

Hey guys, I want to tell you all about my girlfriend. I mean, you guys probably don't care, but I'm gonna talk about her anyway. At least, I would but she broke up with me, which I thought you should know because you're all so interested in my life. Now my girlfriend is orivia! Hi orivia! :D

God dammit guys, why the fuck aren't you playing in the CBC. This is serious fucking business and we're losing and it's all your fault. You guys are such fucking assholes. I'm gonna bitch and moan that you guys aren't helping until you do. Come on guys, fucking seriously. Why won't you listen to me? I might as well be the leader of the triangle team. Fucking hell guys, fuck all of you, help.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!