Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Steve Jobs was a jerk.

Last posted Feb 16, 2012 at 04:03AM EST. Added Feb 11, 2012 at 06:39AM EST
20 posts from 14 users

404 user not found wrote:

> we didnt already know this ^

True, but I wanted to express my feelings of just how much of an asshole he was.

Three months ago that would have offend a lot of people who usually take it up the ass from apple on a daily basis. Not only do these fans support Apple, they pray to it, and would die in a crusade for it, they see everything apple does as perfect. They never criticize it, and contribute to the horribleness they circle jerk in everyday.

I've come to the conclusion that these fans, and apple, and steve jobs, and iphones are all just assholes, and the mainstream hipsters support this when they shouldn't.

Last edited Feb 11, 2012 at 06:56AM EST

@Semi

Baahahahaha! Wait, is that the kind of joke you go to hell for laughing at?

@Sweatie

Jobs was a jerk? Nothing new to me. But when people die, that's a time where we put aside our small misgivings towards that person and try to remember what that person accomplished on the larger scale (at least for a short period). It's just one of the reasons why we can have nice things in the world.

But as much as we would all like to despise Jobs for breeding an entire generation of self-entitled finicky egotistical iFanatics, you must admit that Jobs accomplished more in his life than any of us here could hope to imagine. His presence in the IT world made a drastic impact on how IT has developed and improved over the years. Sure he didn't invent anything but he did help to improve and advance technology

Now I am no apple fan, don't me wrong. The only Apple product I have is Safari and that is just for testing purposes. However even I must admit that without Apple constantly raising the bar on its competitors, mobile IT wouldn't be as advanced as it is now. Plus Microsoft would have established a terrifying iron grip on the whole IT infrastructure too.

So when he died we all had to stop arguing over "Mac vs PC" for a moment and thank the guy for at least that.

However it has been several months so I suppose we can go back to nit-picking.

Last edited Feb 11, 2012 at 08:38AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Semi

Baahahahaha! Wait, is that the kind of joke you go to hell for laughing at?

@Sweatie

Jobs was a jerk? Nothing new to me. But when people die, that's a time where we put aside our small misgivings towards that person and try to remember what that person accomplished on the larger scale (at least for a short period). It's just one of the reasons why we can have nice things in the world.

But as much as we would all like to despise Jobs for breeding an entire generation of self-entitled finicky egotistical iFanatics, you must admit that Jobs accomplished more in his life than any of us here could hope to imagine. His presence in the IT world made a drastic impact on how IT has developed and improved over the years. Sure he didn't invent anything but he did help to improve and advance technology

Now I am no apple fan, don't me wrong. The only Apple product I have is Safari and that is just for testing purposes. However even I must admit that without Apple constantly raising the bar on its competitors, mobile IT wouldn't be as advanced as it is now. Plus Microsoft would have established a terrifying iron grip on the whole IT infrastructure too.

So when he died we all had to stop arguing over "Mac vs PC" for a moment and thank the guy for at least that.

However it has been several months so I suppose we can go back to nit-picking.

No.

BSoD is right. There is a one month grace period after a death.

But now I can say I don't understand the big deal. He made thousands of shitty computers and SLIGHTLY IMPROVED TOUCH SCREEN.

Sure, he was a rebel, but who can say that they have never used an Apple product? As if you haven't been an asshole before. I couldn't care less about what you say. I love Steve Jobs.

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Sure, he was a rebel, but who can say that they have never used an Apple product? As if you haven't been an asshole before. I couldn't care less about what you say. I love Steve Jobs.

I have never owned one, maybe once or twice at the most.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!