Forums / Just For Fun

311,282 total conversations in 8,376 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
**The Art Thread For Everyone** Do whatever...just dont touch the work and stay behind the rope!

Last posted Apr 18, 2014 at 07:01PM EDT. Added Feb 24, 2012 at 01:06AM EST
578 conversations with 111 participants

PA Lineart.

E: first page get by me? so this is how it feels!…….. i don’t get it.

Last edited Dec 13, 2012 at 11:52PM EST
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:40PM EST

This is the first time I’ve actually tried to draw something in forever…

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:19AM EST

This was a Secret Santa thing I made for TehBrawler.
I was limited to using a touch mouse and MSPaint though.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:31AM EST

My own version of Optimus Prime. It’s based on a cross between Fall of Cybertron and G1.

Jan 08, 2013 at 03:33AM EST

Sunil as Grigori Weaver.

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 04:08AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 04:02AM EST

I have crabs

And I’m willing to spread ’em.

Last edited Jan 11, 2013 at 06:12PM EST
Jan 11, 2013 at 06:03PM EST
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Too bad I don’t know a camera around the house… I need it to show my drawings.
I do all my work on a piece a paper.
I know it’s a bad drawing, but tell me again when your device goes into full derp mode.

Last edited Jan 19, 2013 at 09:47AM EST
Jan 19, 2013 at 09:21AM EST

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Hey, hey! Another art thread. This is something I can get down with.

Here’s the link to my deviantART page which I must warn the haters, is full of ponies. Some of the pony artwork I’m proud of include:

However, I do other arts too such as:

You had me at Sarah Jessica Parker.

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:46PM EST

I haven’t done one of these in a while.
A very simple expression chart.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:35AM EST

Well, since I finally got something finished after a long break, I thought I might show it to you guys as well. (yes, I’ve been here every day, but just haven’t posted anything)

I drew this as a (late) christmas present for my girlfriend, since she wanted a pic of Draven from League of Legends. Too bad this also shows my inexperience with male characters, since many features from my female characters obviously carried over.

I would’ve preferred this if he would’ve been more of a badass and crazy looking, but I guess she doesn’t mind a bishie Draven. Oh well…

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:58AM EST

Muumi wrote:

Well, since I finally got something finished after a long break, I thought I might show it to you guys as well. (yes, I’ve been here every day, but just haven’t posted anything)

I drew this as a (late) christmas present for my girlfriend, since she wanted a pic of Draven from League of Legends. Too bad this also shows my inexperience with male characters, since many features from my female characters obviously carried over.

I would’ve preferred this if he would’ve been more of a badass and crazy looking, but I guess she doesn’t mind a bishie Draven. Oh well…

It’s not “Draven”, its DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN.

Feb 09, 2013 at 04:37PM EST

Dragon Slayer Ornstein, Tomorrow I draw Executioner Smough. Maybe as a bonus I’ll draw them kissing. You’ll never know.

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:21PM EST

For some odd reason, I thought I’d try to channel Hirohiko Araki’s (current) Jojo style and use it to draw Soos from Gravity Falls. This was the result:

I’m not finished though, as I’ll do Karkat next…

Apr 01, 2013 at 01:55AM EDT

I just downloaded Qubicle and this is my first project with it, an epic voxel sword.

Here is the pixel version I did for this with GIMP and exported it to Qubicle

Last edited May 13, 2013 at 02:03PM EDT
May 13, 2013 at 02:02PM EDT

A Spider-Man ink i did in Photoshop. I think it turned out crap IMO

May 16, 2013 at 06:15AM EDT

This is a nice thread for people of all skill levels to share their art in. I think we should keep it alive.

… And here’s a link to an AppleDash picture and comic if you’re into these sort of things.

Last edited Jun 02, 2013 at 06:15AM EDT
Jun 02, 2013 at 06:15AM EDT

Thank you for that, Jostin.

Now, on topic, I haven’t really done traditional art in a really long time (though I’ve noticed KYM users favor my traditional over digital)

I’m still getting used to a graphics tablet and art programs, I’ve made stuff like this

It isn’t too bad, but it ain’t too good either, I know. I actually just recently migrated from using Sketchbook Pro for Tablets (which started crashing a lot lately) in which I made clearer and simpler images such as this thing I made for All Levels at Once

I’m still trying hard to learn digital painting. I mean, I’m just 15, and seeing my 13 year old friend being good at it is quite discouraging. Then again, she had a Wacom since she was 10. Digressing, digital art to me is much simpler than trad – no creases, no scanning, and a ton more functions at my disposal. But if anyone could offer me advice or an opinion, please do so.

Jun 02, 2013 at 04:23PM EDT

@Hurdy

The best advice you could ever receive is to just keep practicing. Draw all the time whenever you get the urge and just keep honing your skills.

When you feel comfortable with your current ability, push yourself harder. Make something more grandeur than everything else you’ve made before. If you constantly draw things you find difficult to draw, you’ll find that they become easier with more knowledge and experience.

You’re also already critical of yourself. That’s good. You are your best teacher. Teach yourself what you’re doing right and find ways to do them better. Of course, going to art school or undergoing an art program in a college helps too, but most of what you learn is what you teach yourself.

If you want a specific way to challenge yourself, draw some scenery; an actual, bona fide background. This is just about as hard and time-consuming as drawing a character and you will learn a lot from doing this.

As for my opinion, I think you’re already a pretty good artist. You just have to remember to practice, practice, practice and in due time, you’ll be a greater artist.

Jun 02, 2013 at 06:18PM EDT

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

@Hurdy

The best advice you could ever receive is to just keep practicing. Draw all the time whenever you get the urge and just keep honing your skills.

When you feel comfortable with your current ability, push yourself harder. Make something more grandeur than everything else you’ve made before. If you constantly draw things you find difficult to draw, you’ll find that they become easier with more knowledge and experience.

You’re also already critical of yourself. That’s good. You are your best teacher. Teach yourself what you’re doing right and find ways to do them better. Of course, going to art school or undergoing an art program in a college helps too, but most of what you learn is what you teach yourself.

If you want a specific way to challenge yourself, draw some scenery; an actual, bona fide background. This is just about as hard and time-consuming as drawing a character and you will learn a lot from doing this.

As for my opinion, I think you’re already a pretty good artist. You just have to remember to practice, practice, practice and in due time, you’ll be a greater artist.

Thank you for the thoughts.
I do intend to take an art program, and yes, learning things on my own and in advance wouldn’t hurt at all.
I’ll continue to practice on the more basic things such as anatomy, perspective, and whatnot, but I will keep in mind to do a lot of practice as well on backgrounds and landscapes. I’ve studied a few background painting techniques before, and I hope that I would be able to incorporate them well enough as for them to not go to waste.
I will continue to practice, on the things I find easy but even more on that which I do not do frequently. Once again, thank you for the advice.

Jun 02, 2013 at 06:25PM EDT

Apologies. I’d really like to post a few works here every now and then because I lack the dedication to keep my own threads alive. Well, at least we could bring this thread back to life.

Here’s a couple of characters from The Bedfellows (which apparently I have recently gotten into), which I’ve attempted to draw only using a single type of brush on a single size and setting. It was pretty complicated but fun nonetheless.

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:28AM EDT

Neat thread, I didn’t even know it existed. So here:

And of course this abomination:

Also:

I know its an old thread but OP is still Glorious

Sep 12, 2013 at 04:10PM EDT

Great to see all this new stuff. Have not been in this thread for awhile. Im Defiantly going to start getting my art on again!

Logo i did for a friend

Oct 23, 2013 at 08:55PM EDT

Hello! You must login or signup first!