Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

How do you feel when someone likes your meme?

Last posted Mar 09, 2012 at 09:50PM EST. Added Mar 08, 2012 at 08:32PM EST
16 posts from 10 users

Teh Brawler wrote:

Now, come on, guys, don't neg him just because he's talking about creating memes. Although, to be fair, you're not creating a meme, you're creating an image macro.

We're a forum, not an ad bulleton.

Heavy Weapons wrote:

We're a forum, not an ad bulleton.

1. Bulletin.

2. He's technically not advertising his work. I see no links, and the only image he posted deals with OP. So, he hasn't done anything wrong.

And, while we're on the subject of OP, I love it when my work gets noticed, not because I'm looking for attention, but because success for me is defined by audience enjoyment. Being able to create something that others like is awesome.

Heavy Weapons wrote:

I feel you've just been advertizing your own stuff.

I have no "own stuff" to advertise (wish i did, but don't)…. I am just a newbie here trying to participate, no pernicious intent ;)

Should have phrased the question differently though, like…
how do you feel when someone likes a caption or whatever that you put on an established meme template, or sth like that…. sounds horrible though…. ah…. forget it…

(I am gonna get down-voted for this post again, aren't i? shit… i will just take the risk!)

Whenever people like an image I've uploaded, I feel pretty good about it. But I'm not much of a media person.

When I read the thread title, I thought that you talking about an article. I've been an active part of a couple of articles, but I haven't created one…yet. One was removed from deadpool. Even though it's not confirmed, and I'm not sure if it's notable enough to be confirmed, it felt good to make something a little neater and a little more informative.

Recognition for your merits is nice. I don't like a lot of attention, but it feels good to be acknowledged every once in a while.

As for the downvotes, some users are trigger happy. Once it gets to -2 or -3, it's much more likely to get downvoted even further no matter what the post says. But again, people do advertise their articles on here in the wrong way, so that's probably how you got to -2 or -3.

User Name wrote:

Just asking, did you even create a meme?

well, as someone corrected me, it is not really a meme…
but i did create a caption for a zoidberg and one for a 'one does not simply…' template and posted them in a group on facebook, where some people 'liked' it – and that made me feel very happy – kinda silly…. i know, just wanted to know if other people felt the same way :)

jubru wrote:

but i did create a caption for a zoidberg and one for a 'one does not simply…' template and posted them in a group on facebook, where some people 'liked' it – and that made me feel very happy – kinda silly…. i know, just wanted to know if other people felt the same way :)

Why Not Zoidberg?

So it was just a wrong understanding of each other. You meant an image of Zoidberg, whereas people here thought you tried to create your own meme.

Cut the guy some slack people, he meant it well.

As for the topic. Yeah, it's nice when people like meme-related images you create.

I tend to go with either photoshops or image macros when I create meme-related images. Rage Comics are already done too often in my opinion, so I try to avoid those if possible. I rather just use those as a reaction image.

Last edited Mar 09, 2012 at 10:01AM EST

I feel most flattered when somebody else posts something that I did elsewhere. Several times, something I've made for KYM has been reposted to Facebook by one or more people (even by the KYM staff a few times), and a couple times, I've made something on Cheezburger or Tumblr that somebody else posts back here. That's pretty cool.

Oddly enough however, my reaction to people liking something I've done often has a lot to do with how I personally feel about it. For instance, I thought the following picture was horrible, and people went nuts over it:

[photo:249748]

I'm not sure I feel good about that monstrosity.

And speaking of such things, back in 2008--to refresh everyone's memory for context--there was an incident in which Jesse Jackson was overheard expressing such disdain for Barack Obama, he actually said that he'd "love to cut off his nuts". I made an image on Pundit Kitchen that played a joke off of that, but then a few minutes later, I had second thoughts as to the appropriateness of the image. Too late, it had already been put on the front page and favorited multiple times.

So… yeah, it's a mixed bag, really.

jubru wrote:

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!