Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,323 total conversations in 8,688 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Mafia Game 7: Detective Comics Edition

Last posted Apr 01, 2012 at 12:15AM EDT. Added Mar 16, 2012 at 04:04AM EDT
322 posts from 21 users

@RandomMan

Gee, thanks man. I wasn’t trying to hide my analytical skills or anything. Preservation means absolutely nothing to me. Ah well, okay so, I agree with you that Seal Clubba would be an odd choice to kill off. I believe this shows familiarity. Newer players are more likely to attack people they know simply because they know them. After all, you wouldn’t target an unknown player and expect to kill Sherlock Holmes, would you? So, let’s figure out who Seal Clubba is familiar with, it won’t give us answers, but it might point us in the right direction.

@Mr J

You seem a little jumpy. Only one person has voted for you, and yet you claim they all have. Do you fear for you life? Either way, I wouldn’t WANT you to be a liar… I throw my vote in for Mister J.

Last edited Mar 23, 2012 at 02:38PM EDT
Mar 23, 2012 at 02:36PM EDT

Mister J, people. At the very least, make it a tie.

Mar 23, 2012 at 02:46PM EDT

I thought we were trying to tie here.

Mar 23, 2012 at 02:53PM EDT

Wait…seeing how i’m dead do i still hav enough time to give my 2 cents or am i just stuck spectating because it doesn’t see to make much sense that the mafia would kill me off this quickly. I actually thought they’d go for bob or something.

Mar 23, 2012 at 03:13PM EDT

@Seal

Thanks for pointing more attention in my direction. /sarcasm

Yes, you’re allowed to share your opinions if you want. Tell us, who do YOU think would kill you? For any and every reason possible.

Mar 23, 2012 at 03:17PM EDT

I’m going to follow the advice of Verbs and the logic of bob Bob and vote for Mr J. Here’s the tally so far:

• dravitar: 1 (madcat)
  • Bruelock: 1 (Dr Meme)
  • Mr J: 3 (Bruelock, Bob, opspe)
  • Slappy: 3 (RandomMan, Luis, Douglas)
Mar 23, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

@Seal

Thanks for pointing more attention in my direction. /sarcasm

Yes, you’re allowed to share your opinions if you want. Tell us, who do YOU think would kill you? For any and every reason possible.

Well i am a better mafioso rather than a villager or detective but i think it’s the way how i acted in the previous games, i was silent in the last game and the game before that i wouldn’t shut up, that’s how i think they got me But the question remains: Who would have killed me and why? Well seeing how the hint i got in the mail stated that the league of assassins have recruited new members meaning that the league or mafia is mainly filled with people who weren’t mafia or people who are first time players.

So check the list of new players and see who are new to the game.

Mar 23, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT

opspe wrote:

I’m going to follow the advice of Verbs and the logic of bob Bob and vote for Mr J. Here’s the tally so far:

• dravitar: 1 (madcat)
  • Bruelock: 1 (Dr Meme)
  • Mr J: 3 (Bruelock, Bob, opspe)
  • Slappy: 3 (RandomMan, Luis, Douglas)

I’ll trust Verbose on this.

In the current state it’s still a tie. So the votes of Madcat and Dr Meme don’t matter THAT much at the moment. With a difference of 2 votes, a tie plan between Slappy and Mister J can still work out.

Somehow I get the feeling Harvey pm’d Verbose and told him he discovered Mister J is mafia.

As Verbose said, it’s just a hunch. Verbose isn’t really the person to go after that. But then again, Mister J’s sudden fear after only a few votes does make him a bit suspicious.

Last edited Mar 23, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT
Mar 23, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT

My two cents on the matter- Either the most intelligent players are mafia, or the mafia are keeping them alive so they can be suspects. They are always expected to be killed off early, right? So why not leave them alive so more and more people will become suspicious.
Either that or I’m an idiot.
EITHER WAY I’m going to find some way to weed them out.
Oh jesus fuck I hope opspe isn’t mafia. If he is, we’re all basically fucked.

Mar 23, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

Actually, I’m voting for Mister J instead of Bruelock. I’m voting Mister J… instead.

Mar 23, 2012 at 06:16PM EDT

I’ll go for Mister J this time. No hard feelings, I just find Slappy too innocent right now.

Mar 23, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

Against my better judgement with voting, I’m going dravitar.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:07PM EDT

I vote Mister J as well.
I’m dying anyways, so what’s the harm?

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT

On second thought, I’m just going to continue watching until things get a bit clearer

Last edited Mar 23, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
Mar 23, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

Mister J wrote:

I vote Mister J as well.
I’m dying anyways, so what’s the harm?

Well, the fact that you’re forgetting there’s the possibility mafia is voting for you.

Those votes aren’t counted, you could be alive for all we know.

Or you’re mafia, and this doesn’t change anything.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:27PM EDT

Aaaaaaaaaand times up (I had to get out of bed at 6:30 to be this punctual, go me.). Voting closed and there is no tie

While Batman and the few cops in the Hotel were occupied trying to prevent another death, Harvey Dent was doing some detective work of his own.

Although he is a lawyer, Harvey is much more efficient at spotting criminals than Robin and he noticed something interesting about one of the VIP’s. There was an foreign business rep with no history of being a representative, his ID’s were fake. The businesses he claimed to own already had representatives and when Harvey called those businesses, they claimed no knowledge of the VIP.

Harvey passed this info to one of the cops, who then forwarded it to Batman

As the dusk fell, Batman broke into this VIP’s suite and caught him right in the act of collecting his assassin gear for another nights killing. Batman knocked the weapon from his hand with a batarang and punched one of his teeth out. One of the cops then shot the Assassin dead.

The assassin was Mister.J

It is now the 3rd night

Your move, Batman, Harvey and League

Mar 24, 2012 at 01:53PM EDT

My time is running out, but I don’t have much to contribute anymore.

But suffice it to say that when I have a hunch (like Random said,) it’s not really a hunch.

Mar 24, 2012 at 02:03PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

“We ain’t got nothin’.”

Oh but I have to correct you there. It might be worth not much now, but it certainly is more valuable information than what we started with in previous games.

If I continue from my previous post:

• Muffinator: 6 votes (Luis, Douglas, Dravitar, Opspe, Bob, Mister J)
  • Luis: 6 Votes (Muffinator, Seal Clubba, Bruelock, Dr Meme, Silver Chariot, Slappy)
  • Non-Voters: 4 People (RandomMan, Madcat, Pyro, Jeffery)

End result: Tie -> Muffinator dies through random selection.

So yes, we have the risk that all the mafia did not vote. But as the game continues, one or more will end up dead. Cutting down possibilities, leaving the suspects.

I personally do find Slappy’s last minute vote on the wrong person suspicious. It might be because he’s new to the game, but the mafia could make use of his new member status and purposely let him vote incorrectly in the end, trying to mess up the tie plan.

I’m just assuming things now, but he’s certainly high on my suspects list. Although after all my analysing this round, I’m afraid I might not survive much longer.

I’m simply going to quote this.

As Mister J has been confirmed assassin, we can now be certain there’s at least one (perhaps even two) assassins in the people that voted for Luis (see above).

Which makes Slappy still possible (Yeah, I’m still suspicious of him).

@Verbose

I can’t help but wanting to know if Harvey actually contacted you. Can you PM me this or post it on here (your choice)? If you want to wait until a certain point in the game, that’s up to you.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:11PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

MOTHERF***! How the hell did they get Robin?

So the clue was “the League have new recruits”. I thought this meant either that the mafia includes people not mafia in the last game, or newer people that joined shortly before, during, or after the last game. This added dravitar, bruelock, pyro, slappy, Dr. Meme, and Mister J to our suspect list, as either these people are newer, or haven’t been in the mafia before.

On an unrelated note: Madcat had actually voted for me when Luis was ahead of me by one vote, but he deleted his post for some strange reason. Hmmmm…….

Edit: I was especially suspicious of dravitar.

I’ll be quoting this as well, since I’ve got less than 24 hours to contribute.

They either split the vote 2 and 2 (I’m assuming there is 4 people) or 1 and 1 and the rest didn’t vote.

Either way, I’m a bit suspicious of slappy. Though I’m unsure if the clue can still include the new member definition. We should look at the evidence more before we take action.

Can someone post the final breakup of votes? It’d be pretty useful.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT

Continuing from Opspe’s post, this is the final result.

• dravitar: 2 (madcat, Pyro)
  • Mr J: 6 (Bruelock, Bob, opspe, Dr Meme, Silver Chariot, Mister J)
  • Slappy: 4 (RandomMan, Luis, Douglas, Jeffery)
  • Non Voters: 2 (Slappy, Dravitar)
  • Dead: (Verbose, Seal Clubba, Muffinator)

End result: Mister J Dies (No Tie).

As we know Mister J’s vote on himself doesn’t count, he ended with a maximum of 5 votes.

It wasn’t a tie, so Slappy escapes. We have 3 other mafia voting. And for the sake of analysing, the following scenarios don’t include Mister J’s vote (making him end with 5 votes).

• No Mafia voted for Mister J.
  • 1 Mafia voted for Mister J. As this would create a 4 vote tie with Slappy, one or both of the other mafia voted for Slappy, which results in Mister J dead and no tie.
  • 2 Mafia voted for Mister J.
  • All 3 Mafia voted for Mister J.

The last 2 are impossible scenarios with this result, but I’m adding them just in case.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT

Wait..wha?
I voted dravitar…….It’s even still posted.

Mar 24, 2012 at 06:40PM EDT

Sandstone wrote:

Wait..wha?
I voted dravitar…….It’s even still posted.

My bad, it has been changed.

Last edited Mar 24, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT
Mar 24, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

Hey guy’s, wanna know what i think you should do? Post in this thread. That’s a fun thing to do.

Mar 25, 2012 at 06:36PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Hey guy’s, wanna know what i think you should do? Post in this thread. That’s a fun thing to do.

I would rather have the Batman send his PM.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I would rather have the Batman send his PM.

Second.

Mar 25, 2012 at 08:49PM EDT

Batman left the Hotel for a few hours to collect more batarangs at the Batcave, figuring the recent apprehension of one Assassin would buy him more time. Unfortunately the batmobile got caught in the snow and he returned late.

Upon his arrival, batman scoured the Hotel hallways for any sign of trouble. Once again it was dark and quiet. Not a single sign of movement to be found…until batman came across Harvey.

“What are you doing here Harvey?” said Batman

Harvey replied “See this room? It belongs to a VIP I’ve been finding suspicious, I was going to ask him some questions but the door is sealed, take a look”

Sure enough, the VIP’s doorway had a device attached to it, it looked like an air pump and the borders of the door were sealed shut.

Batman broke the door open and gas started pouring out

“Poison gas! Back away Harvey” said Batman

Batman donned his gas mask (Batman always comes prepared) and went inside the room. Inside Batman found 3 poisoned bodies: 1 VIP and 2 prostitutes. It appears the VIP was getting his swag on, but while distracted by his mistresses, the Assassins gassed the room.

At least Randomman lived the way he died

Randomman was a Citizen

It is now the 3rd day, time to vote citizens

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Batman left the Hotel for a few hours to collect more batarangs at the Batcave, figuring the recent apprehension of one Assassin would buy him more time. Unfortunately the batmobile got caught in the snow and he returned late.

Upon his arrival, batman scoured the Hotel hallways for any sign of trouble. Once again it was dark and quiet. Not a single sign of movement to be found…until batman came across Harvey.

“What are you doing here Harvey?” said Batman

Harvey replied “See this room? It belongs to a VIP I’ve been finding suspicious, I was going to ask him some questions but the door is sealed, take a look”

Sure enough, the VIP’s doorway had a device attached to it, it looked like an air pump and the borders of the door were sealed shut.

Batman broke the door open and gas started pouring out

“Poison gas! Back away Harvey” said Batman

Batman donned his gas mask (Batman always comes prepared) and went inside the room. Inside Batman found 3 poisoned bodies: 1 VIP and 2 prostitutes. It appears the VIP was getting his swag on, but while distracted by his mistresses, the Assassins gassed the room.

At least Randomman lived the way he died

Randomman was a Citizen

It is now the 3rd day, time to vote citizens

Well… shit.

Mar 25, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT

[spoiler] The only reason RM was still alive after the second day is because if he dies I will be the only mod left [/spoiler]

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT

Well look on the bright side villagers! Atleast they still didn’t get the doctor or the sheriff!

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT

Ok… this isn’t good. Well, I’m going to start off the day phase with a vote for dravitar. Let’s try to make this round a tie.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

EVERYONE, KILL MADCAT!

Are you even in this game?

Mar 26, 2012 at 08:25AM EDT

eeeehhhhh….. I get back from a retreat, and I am under suspicion. Lovely. I, in my turn, vote for Pyro.

Mar 26, 2012 at 08:47AM EDT

@BSoD

Can you confirm to me if I’m only allowed to play this day phase, or get 3 phases/days.

I’m aware that I’m not able to vote.

@People

These were the people that voted for Luis in round 1:

• Muffinator, Seal Clubba, Bruelock, Dr Meme, Silver Chariot, Slappy.

With Muffinator and Seal Clubba dead, it leaves the following.

• Bruelock, Dr Meme, Silver Chariot, Slappy.

One or two of these four is mafia, we can confirm that with 100% certaincy. 3 of the 4 voted for Mister J in the previous round, the last person did not vote. Continuing from my previous post, this makes scenario 2 (one mafia voting for Mister J) very likely. But we can’t guarantee it right now. As the game progresses, answers will come.

P.S. Vote Slappy and someone else

Oh and seriously, the votes are currently mainly going for Douglas and Dravitar. Is there actually any thought behind that?

This are the round one votes:

• Luis: 6 (Seal Clubba, Muffinator, Bruelock, Dr. Meme, Silver Chariot, Slappy)
  • Muffinator: 5 (6) (Dravitar, Douglas, Luis, opspe, Bob, Mister J)

Mister J was mafia, that makes the chance that one of the other voters for Muffinator is mafia limited to 1 (with even the possibility of no mafia). Yet votes are focussing on them. Dravitar’s vote for Pyro currently makes the most sense.

Last edited Mar 26, 2012 at 10:12AM EDT
Mar 26, 2012 at 09:58AM EDT

You have 72 hours to share your knowledge so that’s actual days, not phases. After those 72 hours you can still post but you cannot be of any use to the Citizens. That is all the liberty you are given

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:05AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

You have 72 hours to share your knowledge so that’s actual days, not phases. After those 72 hours you can still post but you cannot be of any use to the Citizens. That is all the liberty you are given

So 3 days, I’m ok with that.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:09AM EDT

You want to know what I find suspicious? The fact that madcat and Pyro always vote for dravitar, without any sort of substantiation, as far as I can tell. And since it’s only ever them voting for him, to me it seems like the perfect place to hide mafia votes.

Of the two, I’m going to vote for Pyro.

Totals (updated):

• dravitar: 2 (madcat, Pyro)
  • Douglas: 2 (Silver Chariot, Bruelock)
  • Pyro: 2 (dravitar, opspe)
  • Slappy: 1 (Luis)
Last edited Mar 26, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT
Mar 26, 2012 at 11:18AM EDT

Aww, but I wanted to vote for Slappy!
I guess that I can, without skewing the votes too much. Anybody has a problem with this, I’m OK to retract my vote.
Splappy

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:27AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!