Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

The story of your avatar

Last posted Mar 28, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT. Added Mar 18, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
80 posts from 63 users

Mine:
I'm literaly a Pyro. I wear a gas mask. I light stuff on fire. People rely on us and depend on us every day, but we get no thanks or appreciation for our efforts. So, we tend to go it alone. Nothing holding us back.
….that's it. If you were expecting a Tl;Dr, you've got the wrong Pyro.

I've always been posting shots of myself, but my two most recent ones included images of a Pokemon from the anime that I like.

This is the first one with a Pokemon. It's Emolga if you don't know.

My current one has Zorua in it. I'm also wearing my black leather overcoat that I got for Christmas.

I grew up reading Tintin. And Captain Haddock is clearly the best character.

Muumi rendered him for me (see Riyku's post).

My previous avatars:

• Homer Simpson strangling a molecular structure – should be obvious
  • Basil Fawlty goosestepping – because Basil Fawlty is the one of the greatest TV characters in history, and the goosestep was his crowning achievement
Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT

Natsuru's Avatar Timeline!!
Started as Link, because Link was cool.
Then I became Natsuru. Then my avatar was Natsuru Seno. Then I changed my avatar to Kitsune Negi, and became Natsuru Springfield.
Then I was a crying girl.
Then I was a cool looking android girl.
Then I was Nanoha.
Then I was Suiseiseki.
Then I was Hayate Yagami.
Then I was Marisa Kirisame.
Then I was Reimu Hakurei, and that I stayed.

Well me and Naoi Ayato live in a shadow of expectations.
He may have hypnosis to control others, but I have words, I too have a persuasive talent.
TOILET PAPER. WEARING BLACK, DARK HAIR…. infact I may be Naoi Ayato.

Here's the story:
I made my own avatar using the pony editor on Deviantart.My cutie mark is a guitar,I'm actually a guy that play guitar & listen to a lot of music.
For the lightning on my background,I simply pick a sample of a thunder wallpaper I found on google image.
I resized my image,and there you go.My avatar was born.

In fact,I made my avatar based on what I actually look like IRL (just ponified).

Why did I made a pony for my avatar ?
The answer is so obvious that I won't tell.This is just the way I see myself when i'm on the internet.I'm a brony, Deal with it !

Once upon a time there was a man named seal clubba and he was a seal clubber and doctor at children's hospital, one day when he was on his daily commute to work a strange man gave him this weird liquor he never heard about.

Being the outstanding fellow he is and was he decided to take it, and then drink it. It was the worst choice he ever made in his life. He lost 12 children that day he was drunk and he was then fired from his job as a doctor at children's hospital.

He was still drunk when he was on his way to his second job and the liquor was still in affect so when he was trying to club seals his boss was watching and the second he was about to club this one seal, his club flew right out of his hand and hit his boss in the head. So the bosses son had to take over and fired him.

Now he's without a job and a place to live and no other seal clubbing industries or hospitals will hire him. He now lives his days as….DOCTORHOBO knife totting face slicing cowboy kicking life saving man!

Well, it's pretty much about Yu-Gi-Oh.

See, I use a Fish deck in real life (Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth is awesome. And it's based on my favorite fish, so it's a double bonus!). The character in my avatar, Reginald "Shark" Kastle (or Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro in the original version), also uses a Fish deck. I thought he looked cool, so I used him.

As for the giant "FISH" caption? Eh, it was a moment of spontaneous randomness.

William Schnell wrote:

See, I use a Fish deck in real life (Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth is awesome. And it's based on my favorite fish, so it's a double bonus!). The character in my avatar, Reginald "Shark" Kastle (or Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro in the original version), also uses a Fish deck. I thought he looked cool, so I used him.

HEY GUYS
THIS LOSER PLAYS YU-GI-OH
EVERYBODY POINT AND LAUGH

William Schnell wrote:

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 08:53PM EDT

If you want to know the story of my Avatar, you need to know how I got my username.

Almost about a year ago, I heard TF2 will be Free to Play. So I made a Steam account. I already have a username and it was "MobiousGamer". Then I regretted putting the "u" and my name isn't very original, so I renamed myself PanTheMan. My name was a pun for Frying Pans and Pandas, but I later abandoned that idea and sticked with Frying Pans.

Then I joined KYM as "PanTheMan". My first avatar was Pinkie Pie. Then Cody Rhodes told me that I had issues. I took notice and started thinking of a new Avatar, so I won't look like a noob. My friend in real life told me that there was a video of Brock using his Frying Pan as a DRYING PAN. Then I looked for a picture of Brock with his Drying Pan. And that's how I got my Avatar.

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT

First I had I'M GONNA DO AN INTERNET because asdfmovie is an amazing series. Pretty much my favorite clip of them all. I use it in many other online things as well.

The whole Richard Simmons thing came when we had the Whose Line? parties. Too bad that we're probably not going to have one again. We had some fun times.

And I just went back to Rocky as of like…2 hours ago since I guess the previous reason has somewhat lost its initial purpose (also coincidentally changing it when this thread came around). Lackadaisy is most likely one of the greatest things ever. Anyone who reads it will understand.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the (very embarassing) history of my usernames and avatars:

The dolphin was meant to be super creepy, as well as the username. Then I wanted something with more pony, but I couldn't come up with anything clever. Then I thought Splinter Cell ponies were cool (which they are) but it wasn't very clear. Then I found this GIR/pony thing, and what could be better than GIR and ponies put together?

Yes, I know. I have atrocious taste in usernames. And avatars.

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT

I took the nostalgia goggles for a ride and remember that I used to adore Starscream so much,because he is a much better antagonist than Megatron.

And he can fly without transforming at all. Holy shit.

Once upon a time I used this quaint little operating system called Windows 95. I tried using it for important stuff aaaaaaaand you can see where this is going.

With those memories firmly implanted on my mind as well as my strong computer science background; when I wanted a forum persona with more character than my usual "Yokelassence" tag, it was simply the first thing that popped up.

Now if you ask me where I got the name "Yokelassence" (Which I still on Steam, Starcraft and Urban Terror) that's a very different and much longer story with a long history behind it. I wont go into detail with that since it isn't the identity I use here

You see, it all started when I was introduced to Weegee, a strange looking Luigi that has a deadly stare, so I liked it. As for Anonymous, I like their rebellious spirit among other things, but alas sometimes they're stupid and don't know what they're doing but nevertheless, Anonymous is incredible. So after some time on KYM, I opened up MS Paint and stuck the infamous Weegee head onto Anonymous's infamous suit, the result? This.

After a while, I inverted the colour on a copy of the image and then I used gif making website to make the avatar invert its colour after very few seconds. And here it is.

I drew a dinosaur. Whenever I feel particularly inspired, I modify my picture to represent that. It will stay Aquabats for a while, but I'm thinking pokemon-style will be next.

I remember a few years ago I stumbled onto the lolrus picture. (You know, the one that says "I haz a bukket") And when making an account for this site I wanted something meme related. I tried just Lolrus, but that name was taken. I thought to myself, nobody remembers the lolrus anyway. I thought, "well, RememberTheLolrus doesn't sound that bad, so I ran with it.

As for my current avatar, I saw the awesome face and wanted it as a part of my avatar. So I just slapped it onto a picture of a walrus that I found on the internet.

This is the first image I had used.

Before joining the forum section, I was just creepy void with two grey holes and a curve to resemble an anonymous being person roaming the MLP images. But then I decided to take another courageous step into the community and finally made my first few contacts in some of the threads. I chose a shy image to indicate my terrible introductions. Just look at it! Even seem so innocent and courteous and open-minded everywhere around the community. Everything went well for quite a while until that very day when this thread came up on top of the forum. My curiosity took over me immediately as if my conscience was absence for his vacation and not being there to debate my corresponding choices and actions. My mouse swift to the topic as fast as lightning and clicked it non-hesitant.

The page loaded smoothly and all were crystal clear to my eyes. But those eyes of mine quickly dissolved into a a pool of unimaginable chaos and mind twisting events that had took place in that treacherous training ground for prostitutes. My tormented eyes witnessed the stomach-turning commotion going about just everywhere… EVERYWHERE! I had seen so many poor souls being condemned in that place, especially Ric Tesla. God have mercy on his heart and soul for he has been the most endurable one. His dignity had been taken from and being tossed onto the ground and being stepped on. His pure thought had been tainted by the violators and now seemed to enjoy betraying his body instead of disgusted by it.

I had seen enough. I wanted to help them in anyway I could. I wanted to speak up for those who were in pain. But that was the biggest mistake I had done in my KYM life. Just as after my loud roar to summon the one who fabricated the hellish compound. RandomMan appeared in front of me out of a cloud of foggy and thunderous mists. "Join us…" he said, staring into my soul with his uneasy grin. I tried to resist but his "swagness" was far too overwhelming to my will of resistance. I soon realised that I was facing with the user with the legendary power of swag. I should have known that myth was not a hoax to scare brand new members. I kept my feet rooted to the ground but RandomMan's energy war far beyond my ability to repel his curse. He was irked by my defiance and so he boosted up his energy, creating a powerful energy concentrated shockwave and hit me hard as I fell to my knees. I knew my fate well as I was not strong enough to be on par of him. My energy had drained drastically, my eyes became blurry as the bunny stood high with his fluffy ears, laughing maniacally with his victorious. I fainted, face first to the ground and accepted my destiny as I felt myself being dragged into the cells and await my eternal punishment…

My visions restored miraculously and found myself in one the cells. I met my cellmates Captain Troper and Quantum Meme followed by Seal chubba… Seems like RandomMan had listed me with them. I cried knowing the fact that there was such a dark basement in a clean community. I was too naive to even believe the most ridiculous stories. The paradise I knew was perished in my heart.

Just as I was losing hope, Captain Troper said by my side and comfort me with his warmth. That eased my thought a little. he said that we were all fooled into this madness. Some had gone berserk while others were still struggling. He reached into his pocket and placed a shiny object in my hands. A revolver… He claimed that it was a lucky charm to deflect all evil. I was shocked to see his acknowledgment of my struggle of survival. And that, we formed an alliance along with Quantume Meme and Seal chubba to find away to break the curse and escape to the outside world. To fight fire with fire we must. To ship or be shipped. Many skirmished, we had engaged. But our journey was far from over. Though the path may seem endless but our hope to live lives on… with the help of my lucky charm, revolver…

So yeah, that's how I got this image as my avatar… Come on, it's Applejack holding a gun! Ain't that badass?!

@Bruelock
That….was so inspirational….

Well, as to my story, Dravitar has just been a word I have been carrying around with me for years. The character is a humanoid dragon, with the elemental control of the Avatar. Dragon + Avatar = Dravitar. I would have him as my profile, however, my spells of drawing skill are few and far between, so if any influential sketchers want to do me a big favor (cough, cough), just pm me, pleez.
The pic of Vinyl Scratch is just because she is best background pony. And she is musically EPIC.

Well I started with this:

After that I switched to Angel from MLP. I had various avatars, but it's always the same character. Only twice I had something different and both weren't even for a day. I had Lola (From Looney Tunes) on Rule 63 day and I was Mio once when everyone was Patrick.

My current avatar is drawn by Gespenst from a comic for the Shipping Thread.

Dat Comic

Bruelock wrote:

This is the first image I had used.

Before joining the forum section, I was just creepy void with two grey holes and a curve to resemble an anonymous being person roaming the MLP images. But then I decided to take another courageous step into the community and finally made my first few contacts in some of the threads. I chose a shy image to indicate my terrible introductions. Just look at it! Even seem so innocent and courteous and open-minded everywhere around the community. Everything went well for quite a while until that very day when this thread came up on top of the forum. My curiosity took over me immediately as if my conscience was absence for his vacation and not being there to debate my corresponding choices and actions. My mouse swift to the topic as fast as lightning and clicked it non-hesitant.

The page loaded smoothly and all were crystal clear to my eyes. But those eyes of mine quickly dissolved into a a pool of unimaginable chaos and mind twisting events that had took place in that treacherous training ground for prostitutes. My tormented eyes witnessed the stomach-turning commotion going about just everywhere… EVERYWHERE! I had seen so many poor souls being condemned in that place, especially Ric Tesla. God have mercy on his heart and soul for he has been the most endurable one. His dignity had been taken from and being tossed onto the ground and being stepped on. His pure thought had been tainted by the violators and now seemed to enjoy betraying his body instead of disgusted by it.

I had seen enough. I wanted to help them in anyway I could. I wanted to speak up for those who were in pain. But that was the biggest mistake I had done in my KYM life. Just as after my loud roar to summon the one who fabricated the hellish compound. RandomMan appeared in front of me out of a cloud of foggy and thunderous mists. "Join us…" he said, staring into my soul with his uneasy grin. I tried to resist but his "swagness" was far too overwhelming to my will of resistance. I soon realised that I was facing with the user with the legendary power of swag. I should have known that myth was not a hoax to scare brand new members. I kept my feet rooted to the ground but RandomMan's energy war far beyond my ability to repel his curse. He was irked by my defiance and so he boosted up his energy, creating a powerful energy concentrated shockwave and hit me hard as I fell to my knees. I knew my fate well as I was not strong enough to be on par of him. My energy had drained drastically, my eyes became blurry as the bunny stood high with his fluffy ears, laughing maniacally with his victorious. I fainted, face first to the ground and accepted my destiny as I felt myself being dragged into the cells and await my eternal punishment…

My visions restored miraculously and found myself in one the cells. I met my cellmates Captain Troper and Quantum Meme followed by Seal chubba… Seems like RandomMan had listed me with them. I cried knowing the fact that there was such a dark basement in a clean community. I was too naive to even believe the most ridiculous stories. The paradise I knew was perished in my heart.

Just as I was losing hope, Captain Troper said by my side and comfort me with his warmth. That eased my thought a little. he said that we were all fooled into this madness. Some had gone berserk while others were still struggling. He reached into his pocket and placed a shiny object in my hands. A revolver… He claimed that it was a lucky charm to deflect all evil. I was shocked to see his acknowledgment of my struggle of survival. And that, we formed an alliance along with Quantume Meme and Seal chubba to find away to break the curse and escape to the outside world. To fight fire with fire we must. To ship or be shipped. Many skirmished, we had engaged. But our journey was far from over. Though the path may seem endless but our hope to live lives on… with the help of my lucky charm, revolver…

So yeah, that's how I got this image as my avatar… Come on, it's Applejack holding a gun! Ain't that badass?!

I'm a fan of Mortal Kombat, obviously. My first online interactions were on Mortal Kombat forums, though eventually all of those boards died one by one. I eventually shifted into other related communities, until eventually I drifted so far away from the source that I now reside here. I've used this name since 2004.

The image is based off of how Ermac would've appeared if he was in Mortal Kombat II.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!