Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Mafia 8:TF2 Edition

Last posted Apr 15, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT
487 posts from 23 users

Okay People you know how it goes. Same rules as game 5, but with a theme: TF2!

Role 1: The Spies

A collection of 3-5 villians out to kill everyone in the game (The number of Spies will be 1/5 of the total number of players). The Spies must decide who to kill when the game is in the “night” phase. They will do this by communicating with each other and then deciding who to kill. Then the Spies will PM the narrator their victim. So every “night” one person will be killed and they will be out of the game.

I recommend the Spies set themselves up a chatroom

Role 2: The Pyro

There will only be one Pyro. The Pyro must identify the Spies, then convict them. During the “night” phase The Pyro will PM the narrator the name of one of the other players. The narrator will PM The Pyro back and tell The Pyro that players role. It is up to The Pyro how he will deliver his prosecution to everyone else

Role 3: The Medic

There will only be one Medic. During the “night” phase The Medic can PM the narrator the name of one player. If this player was selected by the Spies for death, then The Medic will heroically save that player. If The Medic picks someone else, nothing happens. The Medic cannot protect himself, just like in TF2.

Role 4 and 5: The Heavy and The Demoman

Two players will be The Medic's sidekicks, one being The Heavy, the other being The Demoman . The Heavy and The Demoman will work together and pool evidence. They will be given a very subtle hint every 2 turns.

Role 6: The Engineers

Everyone else will be an Engineer. During the “day” phase they will discuss among themselves (including the Spies, The Pyro, The Medic, The Heavy, And The Demoman who keep their identities secret) one person to kill who they believe is a Spy. When a consensus is reached the narrator will announce the death.

Role 7: The Scout

This Scout will be assigned to one player who will work with the Spies. The Scout is allied with the Spies so if the Spies win, so does the Scout. However if the Spies are killed off, the Scout loses. The villagers don’t need to kill the Scout to win, he isn’t A Spy. The Scout has no say in who dies during the night phase. He can’t kill. All he does during the night phase is PM the name of a player to the narrator, who will then reveal that players role to the Scout.

Role 8: The Narrator

I will narrate the end results of each day and who lives and dies. But I am not a character in the game. I can neither vote, nor be voted off.

How the game progresses:

The game has 2 phases as you already read about: a Day and Night phase. It starts off in the Night.

The Night Phase: During the night, all the citizens are asleep. The League will pick one person to kill, Harvey will pick one person to investigate, and Batman will pick one person to save. After all this is done, the Citizens wake and it moves to the day phase. The narrator will write a short story describing what happened, telling all players who died/was saved.

The Day Phase: During the day, all players except the narrator discuss between themselves who they think is most likely to be the League. When they have reached a consensus by a vote, the narrator kills that person then the game moves back to the night phase.

The phases last until all players have made their votes. But a maximum length of a phase is 48 hours. Votes beyond 48 hours are ignored and the game continues without them

Game Notes:

Death: When you die you reveal your role to the rest of the game. Dead players can still post but cannot vote or perform their roles. Dead characters are not allowed to post anything related to the game once they have been killed, as they know too much.

Winning: The Engineers win when all Spies are dead. The Spies win if their population exceeds Engineer population

Pyro: Pyro may know the identity of one of the Spies if he guesses right during the night phase, that doesn’t mean people can trust him, as no one actually knows who is telling the truth.

If you have any questions or requests, post them here before the games begins. I’ll start the game once enough people say they are in

Players:
Iced Hot Chocolate (should be WHITE hot chocolate, IMO)
Dr.Meme (More Like Dr. Weegee)
Madcat (Epic cat of epicness)
Blue Screen (Of Death)
Seal Clubba (Does not club seals)
Bruelock (Not messing with him)
404 (Not found)
Slappy (The Newbie)
Fudge (No Comment)
Nikolaki8 (BENDER IS GREAT! OH BENDER IS GREAT!)
Expecting about 5-8 more

Players:
Iced Hot Chocolate (should be WHITE hot chocolate, IMO)
Dr.Meme (More Like Dr. Weegee)
Madcat (Epic cat of epicness)
Blue Screen (Of Death)
Seal Clubba (Does not club seals)
Bruelock (Not messing with him)
404 (Not found)
Slappy (The Newbie)
Fudge (No Comment)
Nikolaki8 (BENDER IS GREAT! OH BENDER IS GREAT!)
RandomMan (#Swag)
Citationneeded (Already explains itself)
Nightfury Treann (The other newbie)
EP73 (Hardly know him/her)
2-6 more players

I think giving the scouts the ability to investigate may tip the scales in favor of the mafia a little too much. Perhaps it would be better if the scout received clues much like the Heavy and the Demoman.

Bleh, I didn't want to play with a TF2 theme. At all. But if Algernon and Citation's playing, then I want to play.

Also, Falcon, why half of a day? Forget being impatient and wanting to start. Some people are busy for half of a day or most of it. What if they want to play?

"lol too bad lol i wanna start"

I didn't see your reasoning for it.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

no.
half a day.

I actually agree with Bob and Verbose.

As timezones might fuck some stuff up for people who'd like to participate. 24 hours sounds better to me.

Plus Bob's idea for clues for the scout instead of investigating sounds good. It gives an idea of who's a special role, yet doesn't make it obvious.

Also I'd like to know a small thing. Is the scout an extra mafia, or included in them.

So when we have 5 mafia, is it 4 spies and a scout? Or 5 spies and a scout (making 6 mafia)?

Last edited Apr 01, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT

alright FINE.
1 day.
I'm thinking that scout DOESN'T count as mafia, but takes up one of the mafia's slots.

He wins if the mafia wins, so that's probably better yeah.

Players:
Iced Hot Chocolate
Dr.Meme
Madcat
Blue Screen (Of Death)
Seal Clubba
Bruelock
Slappy The Fish
Fudge-Gruck
Nikolaki8
RandomMan
Citationneeded
Nightfury Treann
EP73
Opspe
Algernon
Verbose
Pyro
Bob
Jeffery
Max_Cobar
21 players.
EDIT: whoops, forgot bob
EDIT EDIT: And Jeffery. And Max.

Last edited Apr 01, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT

Players:
Iced Hot Chocolate
Dr.Meme
Madcat
Blue Screen (Of Death)
Seal Clubba
Bruelock
Slappy The Fish
Fudge-Gruck
Nikolaki8
RandomMan
Citationneeded
Nightfury Treann
EP73
Opspe
Algernon
Verbose
Pyro
Bob
Jeffery
Max_Cobar
21 players.
EDIT: whoops, forgot bob
EDIT EDIT: And Jeffery. And Max.

I'm not in that list.

@Bob

Why didn't you raise these concerns earlier in the last mafia thread? You were invited to discuss the snitch role before we started and debate its fairness. Now it is a bit late to go making huge revisions.

I say leave things as they are. Let things play out how we originally planned just so we can see how it goes, then we can revise things later.

@Random (And to everyone here)

Please go here to see the discussion on the snitch role (scout) and what we decided on. In summary:

The snitch does NOT count as mafia!

He can't kill villagers during the night phase. He has no part in mafia discussion.

The snitch knows the mafia roles but only PM's them what he finds.

If the villagers wipe out the mafia then the villagers still win whether or not the snitch is alive

If the mafia win, the snitch wins…unless he is dead

Snitch votes still don't count

The Snitch is added in addition to the mafia

Personally I think that reducing the mafia by 1, just because of the snitch will give the villagers an ever bigger advantage considering we have 21 players. But the only way to know for sure how this will work out is to actually play the game and see how it goes. Everything at this point is speculation.

Those of you who are paranoid that the role will be overpowered only need to remember that the worst that will happen is that the sheriff and doctor may die sooner.

Hey remember that game where the sheriff and doctor died in the first rounds? Oh, yea. That's right! The villagers still won!

Last edited Apr 01, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT

I would like to agree with BSoD that including the snitch as a mafia member would be unfair.

I would also like to say that it would NOT be a huge revision to change the role of the snitch. It would merely be altering some text in the OP. Ask a mod to alter it, I'm sure Random would be willing to. Saying it's anything other than a minor inconvenience is being over dramatic.

it's been about a day since I first posted the thread,everyone has had a chance to join. decide if you want to start the game or wait 17 hours.
the distribution is gonna go currently:
4 Spies, 1 Scout, 1 Pyro, 1 Medic, 1 Heavy, 1 Demoman, 12 citizens.

Sunhammer wrote:

Wait…….isn't there supposed to be a crazed Soldier killing anyone he suspects is a Spy? That would be a nice way to kill people who lose the day phase votes.

SH!T

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I would like to agree with BSoD that including the snitch as a mafia member would be unfair.

I would also like to say that it would NOT be a huge revision to change the role of the snitch. It would merely be altering some text in the OP. Ask a mod to alter it, I'm sure Random would be willing to. Saying it's anything other than a minor inconvenience is being over dramatic.

I'm not a forum mod.

I'm sure Verbose can help you with that.

Last edited Apr 02, 2012 at 08:51AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!