Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,068 total conversations in 8,675 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Mafia 8:TF2 Edition

Last posted Apr 15, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT
487 posts from 23 users

Max Cobar:
3 votes (Slappy, Nikolaki8, Fudge Gruck)

Nikolaki8:
3 votes (Verbose, CitationNeeded, RandomMan)

seal clubba:
5 votes (BSoD, Dr. Meme, Bruelock, madcat, Max_Cobar)

404:
1 vote (Algernon)

Algernon:
1 vote (Jeff)

I’d like the votes to stay this way. It might make him show us his PM or reveal otherwise.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 02:59PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 02:58PM EDT

yeah, this actually works for me…

If noone votes and it turns out that there’s a tie, things are going to get a lot easier…

Apr 06, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT

MrJ says we’re doing this wrong, and he’s disappointed in all of you.

Apr 06, 2012 at 03:56PM EDT

madcat wrote:

MrJ says we’re doing this wrong, and he’s disappointed in all of you.

J’s not even in the game.
And if were doing this wrong…
How do good?

Apr 06, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT

So, Falcon. Can we get an estimated time until the turn is over?

Apr 06, 2012 at 05:09PM EDT

Seal, there’s something strange about your claims of being the Pyro. You refuse to show evidence when it’s demanded of you. And the biggest concern I have is I’m the Pyro. How could you possibly the Pyro? I think you’re lying to save your hide.

Apr 06, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT

uhmm, bob…?

We were already trying to accuse him…

besides, don’t you think your accusation is a bit risky as is?

Also, If Mafia #10 isn’t already taken, I’d like to host. Would that be alright?

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

uhmm, bob…?

We were already trying to accuse him…

besides, don’t you think your accusation is a bit risky as is?

Also, If Mafia #10 isn’t already taken, I’d like to host. Would that be alright?

I’m just trying to prove without a doubt that he’s lying. After all, if he’s lying, he’s most likely mafia. If he’s mafia, I know who else is mafia. I’m just following my example from the last game. I’m revealing my role because this game is done.

Apr 06, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

wait a sec…

What do you mean the game is done? we’re still on the second day

I’m saying it’s done because I’m sure Seal is mafia, he wouldn’t need to lie about his role if he wasn’t mafia. If Seal is mafia, then I believe I know who else is mafia, much like in the last game.

Apr 06, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

wait a sec…

What do you mean the game is done? we’re still on the second day

Because he’s the Pyro, and he’s sacrificing himself as an easy kill.
Frankly, I believe him. Seal Clubba’s claims seemed false, and Bob has never done anything to arouse suspicion.

Apr 06, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT

Well I know someone who thinks the same thing…

So then what exactly are you trying to get at

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 10:04PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

Well I know someone who thinks the same thing…

So then what exactly are you trying to get at

What do you mean?

Apr 06, 2012 at 10:02PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

What do you mean?

Everyone’s the Pyro.

Apr 06, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Everyone’s the Pyro.

I’M RIGHT HERE. YOU BLIND?
………..
Oh wait………wrong Pyro

Apr 06, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Seal, there’s something strange about your claims of being the Pyro. You refuse to show evidence when it’s demanded of you. And the biggest concern I have is I’m the Pyro. How could you possibly the Pyro? I think you’re lying to save your hide.

I demanded a screencap from seal clubba, and he couldn’t provide. I would love to see your screencap, Pyro.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT

Here’s your proof you guy’s, for what it’s worth.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I demanded a screencap from seal clubba, and he couldn’t provide. I would love to see your screencap, Pyro.

Should I just post it up here?

Edit: Ah to hell with it, I’ve already revealed myself.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT

I just have to point out one flaw in Seal’s screencap. In it, it says “RE: RE: RE: KYM Mafia 8: TF2” in the reply box. If you were investigating 404, it would only say “RE: RE: KYM Mafia 8: TF2” there. First, the request is sent, then a reply, making it the first “RE”. Your screenshot should only show TWO "RE"s.

Edit: In other words… your screencap is shopped.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I just have to point out one flaw in Seal’s screencap. In it, it says “RE: RE: RE: KYM Mafia 8: TF2” in the reply box. If you were investigating 404, it would only say “RE: RE: KYM Mafia 8: TF2” there. First, the request is sent, then a reply, making it the first “RE”. Your screenshot should only show TWO "RE"s.

Edit: In other words… your screencap is shopped.

His screencap only has two “RE’s”.

The triple is from the reply box. In case he would send a reply again.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

Holy, you could just say that you know who’s the pyro instead of saying that you’re the pyro…. just saying

Apr 06, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Here’s your proof you guy’s, for what it’s worth.

OBJECTION! You can’t be the Pyro if I am!

Apr 06, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

you know bob, your inbox also has an additional RE in the subject header…

Therefore, criticizing seal with an inconsistency is like (insert generic metaphor here)

Apr 06, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Everyone’s the Pyro.

It seems I wasn’t so off after all.

@RandomMan

I meant in the reply box, THERE it should show two "RE"s. The first PM is his request, this wouldn’t get a “RE”. The reply would get the first “RE”. The reply should be exactly what he is showing right now. The order is off.

@Nightfury

That’s actually a good idea, I should have thought of that. Whoops.

Edit: Dang. Kept getting request and reply confused. That should fix it.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

@RandomMan

I meant in the reply box, THERE it should show two "RE"s. The first PM is his request, this wouldn’t get a “RE”. The reply would get the first “RE”. The reply should be exactly what he is showing right now. The order is off.

@Nightfury

That’s actually a good idea, I should have thought of that. Whoops.

Edit: Dang. Kept getting request and reply confused. That should fix it.

Hmm, perhaps listing it will be better:

• Original PM: Douglas giving the role. (No RE:)
  • Reply: Request for investigation. (1 RE:)
  • Answer: Answer to request. (2 RE:’s)

So the RE:‘s match if you look at it like that. Can’t say the same about all these screencaps though, as the subjects read the same (besides the RE:’s). This is confusing.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Hmm, perhaps listing it will be better:

• Original PM: Douglas giving the role. (No RE:)
  • Reply: Request for investigation. (1 RE:)
  • Answer: Answer to request. (2 RE:’s)

So the RE:‘s match if you look at it like that. Can’t say the same about all these screencaps though, as the subjects read the same (besides the RE:’s). This is confusing.

Oh, well that would make sense. I was under the assumption that everyone sent new PMs like I did. Sorry for wasting your time, folks.

Alright then, I’ll take another look at Seal’s PM. There has to be a way to prove it’s shopped.

Apr 06, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT

This is quite a strange turn of events.

Apr 06, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT

well at least i won’t suspect you anymore Holy, Lol

hhmmmm… well looking at what’s happening now…

Vote: seal clubba

and suspicion on 404 also

Apr 07, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT

Is there a way to end this voting? I don’t think seal will come out alive either way.

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:11AM EDT

alright, alright, I’ll end this since seal’s not getting out alive anyways.
Everyone thought Seal Was acting suspiciously. He was erratic, never set up for the night, and voted weirdly. Someone decided to grab him from behind and tie him to a post. The took the sniper’s kukiri knife from off the ground. and said “This is for the sniper, you faggot spy!”
Seal Clubba was a spy
It is not the *Spies, Scouts, Pyro’s, andnMedic’s turn.

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:16AM EDT

What a surprise. /sarcasm

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:55AM EDT

Hold up, hold up, hold up.

For the sake of the game, I’m going to make myself look even more sketchy. Did that round end without everyone voting? When we still had 19 hours to change our minds? Can we really just show off our roles? Is this even much of a game anymore?

I get creating competitive advantages, but this rubs me the wrong way.

Vote me dead if you’d like. You’ll see that I’m an engineer, but between the antsy host and screencapping roles, I’m not quite sure I like the look of this game anyway.

Apr 07, 2012 at 03:24AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Hold up, hold up, hold up.

For the sake of the game, I’m going to make myself look even more sketchy. Did that round end without everyone voting? When we still had 19 hours to change our minds? Can we really just show off our roles? Is this even much of a game anymore?

I get creating competitive advantages, but this rubs me the wrong way.

Vote me dead if you’d like. You’ll see that I’m an engineer, but between the antsy host and screencapping roles, I’m not quite sure I like the look of this game anyway.

It’s all a show at this point. In case you couldn’t tell. We’re performing for Falcon and the rest of the forum. None of those screencaps are actually real. If the screencaps were real, then seal clubba would be alive, and he wouldn’t be a dead spy.

EDIT: P.S. The Pyro told me he investigated you. Let’s just say the reply he got from Falcon was… interesting.

Last edited Apr 07, 2012 at 03:36AM EDT
Apr 07, 2012 at 03:30AM EDT

madcat wrote:

It’s all a show at this point. In case you couldn’t tell. We’re performing for Falcon and the rest of the forum. None of those screencaps are actually real. If the screencaps were real, then seal clubba would be alive, and he wouldn’t be a dead spy.

EDIT: P.S. The Pyro told me he investigated you. Let’s just say the reply he got from Falcon was… interesting.

Simply, no. I couldn’t tell.

Let’s get on with it.

Apr 07, 2012 at 03:39AM EDT

Did that round end without everyone voting? When we still had 19 hours to change our minds? Can we really just show off our roles? Is this even much of a game anymore?

Yea it did. Some people didn’t have a chance to vote. I wouldn’t have done that if I was narrating. But it’s Douglas’s game and his decision to make when the voting ends. I’ll just respect his decision for now.

And showing off roles on this thread is allowed but there’s a good reason why you don’t do it. I think Seal Clubba just learned that reason the hard way.

Showing off roles in PM’s to other players however should be considered cheating IMO. That allows the Villagers to organize themselves 200% faster than they should. The challenge of this game is that you don’t know who to trust. Establishing secret allegiances between villagers who all identified each other sort of removes that challenge.

Apr 07, 2012 at 06:55AM EDT

Well, I seem to have set a dangerous precedent in the last game when I revealed my role. It only worked because the mafia panicked. I think I’m going to sit the next game out, because I seem to be giving an unfair advantage to whichever side I play for.

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:34PM EDT

Alrighty then.
All the votes are in, I can post the next kill.
Blue Screen was wandering around. He, Being the Heavy, was searching for clues to who the spies were, but didn’t have any luck. Suddenly, A spy uncloaked behind him. Unluckily, the spy forgot his knife, but found a dropped spysicle on the ground. He stabbed Blue Screen and he was frozen, dead.
Blue Screen was the Hoovy
Day Phase, people.

Apr 07, 2012 at 02:06PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!