Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

CitationNeeded's Low Quality Gaming Stream

Last posted Apr 26, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2012 at 08:20PM EDT
105 posts from 27 users

http://www.livestream.com/citationneeded
So after a bit of testing with the help of Algernon, I've come to the conclusion my PC can handle streaming most games decently enough.
I'll start doing some streaming with wonderful commentary soon, but I want you guys to vote on a game for me to play. Is this like my ill fated Let's Play thread? Yes and no. This time, I actually tested before committing to this, so I know it'll, for the most part, work.
Fair warning: the streaming quality is… pretty low. I only have a couple gigs of RAM, and making the stream low quality was the only way I could get a fairly decent frame rate.
Oh well.
Games I can play:

Alien Breed 2: Assault*
And Yet It Moves*
BIT.TRIP RUNNER*
Borderlands
Cogs*
Crayon Physics Deluxe*
Fallout 1*
Half-Life*
Half-Life 2 and Episodes*
Hammerfight*
Jamestown*
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
NightSky*
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal
Portal 2
Psychonauts*
Shank*
Sonic Adventure DX*
Super Meat Boy*
VVVVV*

*I have not beaten this game

Games that I'll be occasionally be streaming to break up the single player stuff:
Team Fortress 2
Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

So yeah. I'll post in this thread whenever I start to stream. For now though, pick a game. I'll probably start streaming sometime tomorrow.

Omomon wrote:

Play Half Life 2.

Because I want to see someone play it and finish it.

I want to finish Half-Life 1 before starting 2, so I'll probably stream it first.

I'd like to see Psychonauts. I played a little bit of it, and it really was pretty solid and it had a neat, unique feel to it.

Alternatively, hearing GLADoS is always awesome, so Portal or Portal 2 would be neat.

"And Yet it Moves" has my interest just by the name, so I could stand to watch that.

Looks like the Half-Life Franchise it is! Streaming will commence at approximately 4:30 PM EST and last until 7:00 PM. I'll make another post whenever this starts.

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 03:24PM EDT

Cite wrote:

http://www.livestream.com/citationneeded
So after a bit of testing with the help of Algernon, I've come to the conclusion my PC can handle streaming most games decently enough.
I'll start doing some streaming with wonderful commentary soon, but I want you guys to vote on a game for me to play. Is this like my ill fated Let's Play thread? Yes and no. This time, I actually tested before committing to this, so I know it'll, for the most part, work.
Fair warning: the streaming quality is… pretty low. I only have a couple gigs of RAM, and making the stream low quality was the only way I could get a fairly decent frame rate.
Oh well.
Games I can play:

Alien Breed 2: Assault*
And Yet It Moves*
BIT.TRIP RUNNER*
Borderlands
Cogs*
Crayon Physics Deluxe*
Fallout 1*
Half-Life*
Half-Life 2 and Episodes*
Hammerfight*
Jamestown*
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
NightSky*
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal
Portal 2
Psychonauts*
Shank*
Sonic Adventure DX*
Super Meat Boy*
VVVVV*

*I have not beaten this game

Games that I'll be occasionally be streaming to break up the single player stuff:
Team Fortress 2
Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

So yeah. I'll post in this thread whenever I start to stream. For now though, pick a game. I'll probably start streaming sometime tomorrow.

none of the names on that list say minecraft

Hey,Hey,Hey Cite

I got a good horror game for you to download

(Sorry for Piratebay download,mediafire took down the original game so heres the other link)
I can assure that tonight we are going to see Cite piss himself over and over
That is untill i get amnesia for you.It'll be probably on the 17th of April since Every bank was closed for easter

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 11:45AM EDT

Hey Citation, I love it if you would play This.
Is basically a parody of Team Fortress 2, I won't tell you too much, Because It would ruin the fun,
Don't worry, is a very short game, so try it when you get the time to stream it.

Your voice is all happy and friendly. That's the exact opposite of what I was expecting.

Anyways, after you finish HL1 (and HL2 if you decide to do that immediately after), I think you should play Cry of Fear. It's a free HL1 horror mod.

If not, then my vote is on Super Meat Boy. The choice is yours, of course.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Ladders confirmed for Cite’s mortal nemesis.

I don't mind ladders, I mind terribly implemented ladders in first person shooters. There's a whole trope on it. Seriously, who the Hell jumps and floats when they reach the top of a ladder?

404 user not found wrote:

none of the names on that list say minecraft

I originally did want to stream Minecraft, but that game eats my CPU like I eat spaghetti. I think there's something wrong with my Java.

Quanζum ⁄/\eme wrote:

YOU HAVEN’T BEATEN SONIC ADVENTURE DX!?
Trust me, the endings are the total opposite of the reputation that ME3 had…

I like Sonic, I just haven't had time to play that one much.

Max_Cobar™ wrote:

Hey,Hey,Hey Cite
I got a good horror game for you to download
(Sorry for Piratebay download,mediafire took down the original game so heres the other link)
I can assure that tonight we are going to see Cite piss himself over and over
That is untill i get amnesia for you.It’ll be probably on the 17th of April since Every bank was closed for easter

I'm not going to download A: anything from The Pirate Bay, and/or B: anything simply entitled "Horrorgame".
Thanks for getting me Amnesia, by the way.

Notsocool the Dewott wrote:

Hey Citation, I love it if you would play This.
Is basically a parody of Team Fortress 2, I won’t tell you too much, Because It would ruin the fun,
Don’t worry, is a very short game, so try it when you get the time to stream it.

Is that Team Fortress Arcade? The sidescroller? I think I've played that one.

Muffinator Supreme wrote:

Your voice is all happy and friendly. That’s the exact opposite of what I was expecting.

Is that a compliment? Either way, it made me smile.

Anyways, after you finish HL1 (and HL2 if you decide to do that immediately after), I think you should play Cry of Fear. It’s a free HL1 horror mod.
If not, then my vote is on Super Meat Boy. The choice is yours, of course.

Bob showed me that link yesterday too. I might play it, but I'm not sure.
And yes, I plan on playing Half-Life 2 immediately after this one.

ANYWAYS, I have a question. As you all have seen, I am very screwed over in my current playthrough. I let Barney #27 get killed, missing some good pickups, I have no grenades, am low on ammo, and most importantly, the game autosaved in a part where, due to Valve's AWESOME enemy placement, I literally have no chance in Hell of progressing.
So what should I do? Start a new playthrough or use noclip or some other cheat to progress through the part I'm on?
PICK OH GOD WHAT SHOULD I DO

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 03:29PM EDT

If no one minds you starting from the beginning, then I say go for it. But if you'd really rather not, then use some cheats to get through that part. Afterward, go back to playing a legitimate game, I'm not one to favor cheating.

Sunhammer wrote:

Try starting a new playthrough for those who missed the first part. And since you actually know what you're doing this time, you'll go faster through it. But, it's up to you.

I DO know what I'm doing. I've mentioned it like 15 times, I got through half the game before, I kinda just put it down. I just royally screwed up this playthrough.

This thread makes me want to host my own stream
but i don't have a mic

Muffinator Supreme wrote:

Anyways, after you finish HL1 (and HL2 if you decide to do that immediately after), I think you should play Cry of Fear. It’s a free HL1 horror mod.

^ This

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT

Okay, assholes, listen.
I'd appreciate it if you people would stop fucking telling me what to play in the chat.
You wanted me to play Half-Life? I would have preferred Portal or Mass Effect or something, but fine, I played Half-Life because you guys voted for it. And then you're all blathering at me to play Terraria (which I hate) and Super Meat Boy.
No, I'm not going to play those games while I'm in the middle of playing something else. Stop being inconsiderate douchebags and telling me what to do.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 05:07PM EDT

Cite wrote:

Okay, assholes, listen.
I'd appreciate it if you people would stop fucking telling me what to play in the chat.
You wanted me to play Half-Life? I would have preferred Portal or Mass Effect or something, but fine, I played Half-Life because you guys voted for it. And then you're all blathering at me to play Terraria (which I hate) and Super Meat Boy.
No, I'm not going to play those games while I'm in the middle of playing something else. Stop being inconsiderate douchebags and telling me what to do.

Citation well be happy to take a vote, were just upset about the fact that you haven't started yet. To put it frank i don't think anyone even gives a damn what you play, We just wanna see you play because your so entertaining, you make us laugh you make us cry you make us do all sorts of things. but most importantly you make us love….

Also ill be happy to wait and i'm sorry for snapping at you earlier.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Citation well be happy to take a vote, were just upset about the fact that you haven't started yet. To put it frank i don't think anyone even gives a damn what you play, We just wanna see you play because your so entertaining, you make us laugh you make us cry you make us do all sorts of things. but most importantly you make us love….

Also ill be happy to wait and i'm sorry for snapping at you earlier.

I was playing before you showed up. Everyone was being a dick and telling me what to do, so I quit for the day.

Cite wrote:

I was playing before you showed up. Everyone was being a dick and telling me what to do, so I quit for the day.

I understand citation but i think i speak for everyone who wanted to watch you stream and everyone is sorry for being so rude. But can i- just i seal clubba (doctorhobo) ask you this one thing?

My grammar is messed up today. (fucking carpel tunnel….)

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

I understand citation but i think i speak for everyone who wanted to watch you stream and everyone is sorry for being so rude. But can i- just i seal clubba (doctorhobo) ask you this one thing?

My grammar is messed up today. (fucking carpel tunnel….)

I would have much preferred it if you asked the question right in the post instead of forcing me to reply and say something, but fine.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!