Forums / Just For Fun

327,631 total conversations in 8,672 threads

+ New Thread


This is highly relevant (NSFW)

Last posted Apr 13, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT
39 conversations with 21 participants

Suiseiseki     wrote:

Pandas? Knights? Rainbows? Sir, that art conforms to overused internet focal points and structuralises them in a way that is in the utmost of predictability. That is not unpredictable, surrealist art. That is the re-hashing of veraciously repeated ideas in a manner of relative normality.

Last edited Apr 08, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT
Apr 08, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

That’s definitely one of my favorite pieces by Dali.

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:03AM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

“Young Virgin Autosodomised by Her Own Chastity”, is the name of that one. It was only a matter of time before it was posted.

And considering the subject matter of some of Dali’s paintings, I guess it’s okay to add a NSFW mark into the title.

Apr 09, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT
Quote

Surreal paintings are so mainstream.

Apr 09, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT
Quote


Apr 09, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT

Mister J wrote:

Surreal paintings are so mainstream.

Leida Atomica is the name of the painting in the background.

(Can you tell I’ve been reading about Dali lately?)

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:03AM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

Nice going; you broke it. So much for persistence.

Apr 10, 2012 at 05:47PM EDT
Quote

Alejandro wrote:

@this whole thread

Wat.

That is Slendy’s new waifu.

Apr 10, 2012 at 05:49PM EDT
Quote

Ah, surrealism. The only fish you can verb with a StumbleUpon. Googlee-jaspers!

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Apr 10, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

Nice going; you broke it. So much for persistence.

I didn’t break it; Dali broke it. He’s the one who painted that, er, “rebuttal” to his original.

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

I didn’t break it; Dali broke it. He’s the one who painted that, er, “rebuttal” to his original.

I find that hard to believe. Dali would hardly integrate such an unusual collection of objects. I think we all know him as the humble painter of serene still-lifes with things like baskets of bread:

Peaceful landscapes:

and classical portraiture with a hint of eroticism:

Apr 11, 2012 at 03:25AM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

I find that hard to believe. Dali would hardly integrate such an unusual collection of objects. I think we all know him as the humble painter of serene still-lifes with things like baskets of bread:

Peaceful landscapes:

and classical portraiture with a hint of eroticism:

But of course!

Only small hints of eroticism.

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:34PM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS
WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO PROVE

Apr 12, 2012 at 01:25PM EDT
Quote

monsoon wrote:

I understand completely

You aren’t supposed to.

Apr 12, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS
WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO PROVE

Um…That the Pixies were one of the best bands of all time?

Actually, have you seen Un Chien Andalou? I somehow saw it when I was like four years old, and of course found it extremely disturbing.

Apr 13, 2012 at 05:35AM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

Um…That the Pixies were one of the best bands of all time?

Actually, have you seen Un Chien Andalou? I somehow saw it when I was like four years old, and of course found it extremely disturbing.

No, not yet anyway. I’m not entirely sure I want to. Is the eye-slitting the worst part of it? Or does it get worse than that?

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:06AM EDT
Quote

Well, the eye thing is the only part that sticks in my head, so it’s probably the worst of it.

Apr 13, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT
Quote

Greninja wrote:

So much I don’t even.

Why can’t I,

Hold all this I don’t even?

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!