Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,711 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

This is highly relevant (NSFW)

Last posted Apr 13, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT
39 posts from 21 users

Suiseiseki     wrote:

Pandas? Knights? Rainbows? Sir, that art conforms to overused internet focal points and structuralises them in a way that is in the utmost of predictability. That is not unpredictable, surrealist art. That is the re-hashing of veraciously repeated ideas in a manner of relative normality.

Last edited Apr 08, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

"Young Virgin Autosodomised by Her Own Chastity", is the name of that one. It was only a matter of time before it was posted.

And considering the subject matter of some of Dali's paintings, I guess it's okay to add a NSFW mark into the title.

pug on toast wrote:

Surreal paintings are so mainstream.

Leida Atomica is the name of the painting in the background.

(Can you tell I've been reading about Dali lately?)

Brucker wrote:

Nice going; you broke it. So much for persistence.

I didn't break it; Dali broke it. He's the one who painted that, er, "rebuttal" to his original.

Piano wrote:

I didn't break it; Dali broke it. He's the one who painted that, er, "rebuttal" to his original.

I find that hard to believe. Dali would hardly integrate such an unusual collection of objects. I think we all know him as the humble painter of serene still-lifes with things like baskets of bread:

Peaceful landscapes:

and classical portraiture with a hint of eroticism:

Brucker wrote:

I find that hard to believe. Dali would hardly integrate such an unusual collection of objects. I think we all know him as the humble painter of serene still-lifes with things like baskets of bread:

Peaceful landscapes:

and classical portraiture with a hint of eroticism:

But of course!

Only small hints of eroticism.

Piano wrote:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS
WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSED TO PROVE

Um…That the Pixies were one of the best bands of all time?

Actually, have you seen Un Chien Andalou? I somehow saw it when I was like four years old, and of course found it extremely disturbing.

Brucker wrote:

Um…That the Pixies were one of the best bands of all time?

Actually, have you seen Un Chien Andalou? I somehow saw it when I was like four years old, and of course found it extremely disturbing.

No, not yet anyway. I'm not entirely sure I want to. Is the eye-slitting the worst part of it? Or does it get worse than that?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!