Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

My Chemistry Professor Used Memes Today.

Last posted Apr 15, 2012 at 05:25AM EDT. Added Apr 09, 2012 at 05:07PM EDT
20 posts from 16 users

My Chemistry professor opened up class today by saying that we would be learning electro-chemistry today. He said that this was the most boring section of the entire year. So to help keep our attention, he said he added some jokes throughout the power point presentation.
He then showed this picture on the screen.

I thought it was hilarious. But it didn't get any reaction out of the other 200 students.
Later in the presentation he tried another…

Again, there was no reaction.
I felt horrible for him. It was so awkward as each picture was met with less and less support.
When the lecture was finally over and 8 more chemistry cat puns failed, he gave up.
He said "I guess my sense of humor is different then yours. I thought those were really funny. Electro-chemistry is boring and all I was trying to do was energize the class. No pun in ten did."

Lolrus wrote:

My Chemistry professor opened up class today by saying that we would be learning electro-chemistry today. He said that this was the most boring section of the entire year. So to help keep our attention, he said he added some jokes throughout the power point presentation.

I thought it was hilarious. But it didn't get any reaction out of the other 200 students.

I felt horrible for him. It was so awkward as each picture was met with less and less support.
When the lecture was finally over and 8 more chemistry cat puns failed, he gave up.
He said "I guess my sense of humor is different then yours. I thought those were really funny. Electro-chemistry is boring and all I was trying to do was energize the class. No pun in ten did."

That was actually pretty good.

I'm thinking that not a lot of people got the joke. This post was for the most part made up.
1. We are going over electro-chemistry
2. It is boring as hell
3. My professor did not use the chemistry cat meme.
4. My professor last semester did.
5. The students (the majority at least) understood and laughed at the pictures.

I just thought that I would clear things up so you didn't walk away from this thinking that my class is a bunch of assholes or anything.

Lolrus wrote:

I'm thinking that not a lot of people got the joke. This post was for the most part made up.
2. It is boring as hell

I just thought that I would clear things up so you didn't walk away from this thinking that my class is a bunch of assholes or anything.

Wat

Lolrus wrote:

2. It is boring as hell

Your class doesn't look like a bunch of assholes now. You look like an asshole for making them seem that way.

Your class obviously doesn't use Facebook or any image macro sharing sites.

Probably all CoD players.

But those jokes were are pretty funny.

Somehow I imagined in this way…

Prof: Okay class, we're entering the topic of Electrochemistry. Anyone else has some query about this topic?
One of the students: OP IS A FAGOT!

But seriously though, your professor is awesome.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 06:23AM EDT

Lolrus wrote:

2. It is boring as hell

Dude, I don't know why people aren't getting this. I may have an advantage because I've heard it and told it many times before (although I didn't see it coming; very well-told).

PEOPLE, IT WAS A JOKE.

Just in case you're still that dense, go Google "No pun in ten did" (with the quotes), and you can read one of the 152,000 versions of this joke that are on the Internet.

Brucker wrote:

Dude, I don't know why people aren't getting this. I may have an advantage because I've heard it and told it many times before (although I didn't see it coming; very well-told).

PEOPLE, IT WAS A JOKE.

Just in case you're still that dense, go Google "No pun in ten did" (with the quotes), and you can read one of the 152,000 versions of this joke that are on the Internet.

He probably should have stressed that part more than the Chemistry Cat part then.

Lolrus wrote:

Wow, I find this actually pretty funny. What's up their buttocks for not getting the jokes? People these days…

Lolrus wrote:

“I guess my sense of humor is different then yours. I thought those were really funny. Electro-chemistry is boring and all I was trying to do was energize the class. No pun in ten did.”

and all I was trying to do was energize the class. No pun in ten did.”

energize the class. No pun in ten did.”

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!