Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Zombie Apocalypse 2: The Walking Thread

Last posted Jul 06, 2012 at 02:03AM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2012 at 03:25AM EDT
397 posts from 22 users

March 2nd, 2023

After a pandemic wiped out the majority of Malaysia, NATO sent an investigatory group of soldiers to attempt to find and rescue any uninfected survivors. Within thirty minutes of their gunship touching down, radio contact with them was lost. A secondary rescue op, head by Seal Team 6, was sent out the following day.

Once the first group was found, all of them unconscious, Seal Team 6 immediately took off out of the country.

The report given for the mission read simply, “God has abandoned us all.”

March 5th

The NATO team has been in quarantine since their return. A younger member had woken from his comatose state the night prior, only to begin screaming that something was holding him. After inquiries were made as to what he thought was holding him, he began coughing up blood and again went comatose, now suffering from tachycardia. His heart rate is still past what the body can endure, and yet he continues to live.

March 10th

Seal Team Six has been thrown into quarantine as well after a member began exhibiting the same symptoms as the NATO team- fatally increased heart rate and yellowing of the eyes.

March 15th

First case of the Malay Virus (as it has come to be called) found in New York City. The population of Soho has been warned to stay in doors as much as possible as an outbreak still seems avoidable.

March 21st

The first death of one of the soldiers of the NATO team occurs. Doctors present notice a peculiarly early onset of rigor mortis, which seemed to fade as the body loosened back up to a lifelike state, where it stayed. Soon after this had occurred, his body began respiration again, and his pulse resumed its high pulse rate. In light of this, doctors check him again, only to find that he was still medically dead.

The body was cremated after a postmortem MRI showed he was indeed infected by the Malay Virus- his brain stem had malignant growths that seemed to envelop his medulla oblongata, possibly the cause of his body’s life-like state.

March 30th

The East Coast is lost to the virus after only two weeks. The stages of the virus seem to last shorter and shorter as the days go by.
The truly terrifying thing is that those who’ve been killed by the virus… They don’t stay dead.

April 23rd

The deathcount is too high to accurately gauge. Hospitals are no longer accepting anyone with yellowed eyes in order to protect themselves.

May 2nd

Martial Law is set into effect as the dead begin to become violent to those without the disease.

A medical investigation was performed upon one of the infected. What they found was that the bodies are only functional to the point of walking, breathing, and…
Eating.

May 28th

The United States has fallen. Canada and Mexico have become greatly infected and aren’t expected to make it much longer.

June 2nd

Russia, in a joint effort with the European Union, has been providing American survivors supplies for three days. Little did they now the virus would end up on their doorstep…
Saint Petersburg is gone. It’s estimated that Europe will fall within the month’s end.

The dead continue to rise. It’s been confirmed that they feel no pain, have no sense of touch, and that their vision is quite poor. This hasn’t, however, impeded them from causing hundreds of deaths as they feed upon the Godforsaken uninfected.

People worldwide have been urged to begin killing them without discretion.

June 12th

Germany has ordered all travel in and out of the country to be terminated. Several countries around the world (Brazil, Australia, and Japan amongst them) have followed suit, though only to discover that they’ve already been infected.

November 3rd

All the countries of the world have fallen. The Malay Virus, now known as the ‘Red Death’ to the few survivors left on the Earth, has taken everything from us. Everything except our will to live.

We can fight them.

We can live on.

We will survive.

- Intro by Patrick

The concept.
Just like before this will be an interactive story. The narrator will update the story in chunks, always leaving the current chunk open ended so that you the player can influence what happens next.

WTF does that all mean?
I'm glad you asked. The interactive portion of this works sort of like a choose you own adventure book except you make up your reaction to the plot instead of just going to page 36 for choice B. However you can only influenced the plots current protagonist, all other characters are off limits.

I still don't get it…
Ok look. i write a scenario, you tell me what you want to do in that scenario. Then i write the next scenario based on your reaction.

Example:

Writer: "YOU ARE ATTACKED BY NINJA PIRATE ROBOZOMBIES!"

You: > Oh shit, run away!

Writer: "You escape the ninja pirate robozombies only to blah blah blah more plot.

Oooooh I get it now, but who's writing?
Because no one user can be on at all times there will be a few writers each one picking up the story line where another left off.

NOW EXCEPTING WRITER APPLICATIONS! Yay!

Please PM if you want to narrate the story with the description "Zrp".

We start when the first 3 writer spots are filled.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 03:27AM EDT

Im a pretty good writer but my activity here is low.

If you need another writer I'll join in but I think Id be better off as a player.

SO WE FINALLY HAVE ENOUGH WRITERS TO START!

Not now though, because im going to sleep. Unless one of the other writers sees this and starts the campaign. If not well… I'l get to it when i wake up.

P.S. other writers can still join as long as you send me a request via PM with the subject "Zrp".

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 01:16AM EDT

Okay, I'm most likely going to kick this thing off. The first poor bastard incredibly lucky player to get their weapon, ammunition and gear to me is the one I'll be posting for. By using the rules posted below, you'll get your items. You can pick your custom item, but I reserve the right to deny it. I will deny a rocket launcher as a special item, but I'd be fine with a handgun (or a larger gun, if a handgun is your primary weapon).

1. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firearms hit ctrl+f (depending on your browser), and enter the absolute value of your karma given minus karma recieved. The first weapon to come up is your weapon of choice. If a weapon doesn’t come up, keep adding one number until you get to one. (example: if 252 doesn’t come up with anything, enter 253, 254, and so on until you come up with a weapon. If your number is 4 digits or more, hit backspace until either you find a weapon or your number is 3 digits).
2. Your positive karma recieved + positive karma given divided by 100 × 3 (3 clips of ammo) is how much ammo you have. If your total is 3 digits divide by 10, if 2 digits divide by nothing.
3.Your negative karma received + given is how many days it takes for you to be infected after one bite. if the number is 3 digits divide by 10, if 4 digits divide by 100.
4. Previous players may carry over their weapon if they liked it.
5. If you're too overpowered or have an absurd amount of ammo (for example, my revolver shotgun with 1200 shells from the first thread), I will pick your item for you.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 12:48PM EDT

Weapon: ALFA Revolver (Czech Republic – Revolver) Model 3540

Ammo: 253

In the last game my starting weapon was supposed to be a:

• Barrett M468 (US – Semi-Auto Rifle – 6.8 × 43 mm SPC)

If I want to take this firearm, will I have to choose between the two? Also, if we carry over the weapon, do we carry over the ammo too?

I'm happy to get something else other than a bolt action pistol

New weapon: Series ALFA (Revolver) Model 3520

Bob how did you get this thing too? You don't have over 3520 karma.

Ammo: 150

Infection resistance: 39 days (about the same as last time)

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I'm happy to get something else other than a bolt action pistol

New weapon: Series ALFA (Revolver) Model 3520

Bob how did you get this thing too? You don't have over 3520 karma.

Ammo: 150

Infection resistance: 39 days (about the same as last time)

You're supposed to find the difference of your total karma received and your total karma given. I got 5400. You're supposed to hit backspace until you have a 3 digit number. That left me with 540. The first gun that showed up was from the same series of revolvers as yours, but yours is a 3520, mine is a 3540.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention.

Resistance: 12

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT

Weapon: S&W Model 432 (US – Revolver – .32 Magnum: Centennial Airweight)

Ammo: 28.6
Infection Resistance: 186 days

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 12:33AM EDT

k then.

Weapon: Series ALFA Model 3520 (no image found, oh joy…) (Series ALFA: .357 Magnum)

Ammo… not sure. I have 90 karma so do I still divide by 100 and stuff? if so, 2.7 (oh god no)

Resistance: 0 (looks like good guys don't last)

Custom Item: Life Insurance (protection from one infection, since I'm going to need it.)

The Beginning
(Bob and BSoD)

((Ammo doesn't carry over, as you should have more ammo now than before. I have no idea what the map looks like yet, it'll probably be similar to the old one. I will, however, attempt to create some stuff outside of the old city if anybody ever gets there.))

Two figures stand on a desolate elevated highway. One carries an assault rifle with them, while the other carries a mildly rusted revolver revolver that appears to have been taken off a corpse. Looking down the highway, they can see multiple wrecked vehicles. Some of interest seem to be an ambulance and what looks like a SWAT van. Behind you the elevated highway drops off into the remains of what was once a factory of some kind.

Hold on mother fuckers.

I should have clarified this earlier but seeing as how this is the first time I've been able to log on for a few days you'l have to forgive me.

I have decided to abandon the old system of "one player for one character" and the whole ammo, weapon, resistance thing. That system was really tailored for the very personalized game type 1. Game type 2 however – the one we are using now – doesnt fit well with this system and also excludes players from the plot on occasion even if they are online along with anyone not designated as a player.

Instead i have opted for the tried and true method for this sort of interactive story and will allow anyone to submit an action for the characters, just like the escape artist thread.
Its completely up to the writer which action is going to effect the story so try and come up with ones that they will like.

I believe this will make the thread easier to manage and less exclusive to the greater bulk of the forum community.

Now It's The Beginning

Two figures stand on a desolate elevated highway. One carries an assault rifle with them, while the other carries a mildly rusted revolver revolver that appears to have been taken off a corpse. Looking down the highway, they can see multiple wrecked vehicles. Some of interest seem to be an ambulance and what looks like a SWAT van. Behind you the elevated highway drops off into the remains of what was once a factory of some kind.

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT

Wepon: Dis Atchisson Assault Shotgun right here

Ammo: 17 (Wait what how do some people have ammo in the three digits. Isn't that not allowed? If so then my ammo count is 171) ;_;
Resistance: 99.3 days fuck yeah
Custom Item: Longbow and Arrows. Start off with a quiver of 7 arrows, and can craft more, taking a certain amount of time to be determined. Bow and arrow are silent, powerful, and accurate, perfect for when I don't feel like fucking shit up with a semi/fully automatic shotgun.

Weapon : XM177

Ammo : 88 (Mags: 29 and 3 Clips)
Resistance : 44 Days (Dayum,a month till i die)
Special Item : A BioChem Biological Waste Stock (DaFuq?)I guess its a Capsule full of Bio-Waste,
I guess i can trow it at enemy's,I think i have atleast 21 (Divided Given Karma whit 2)
And other Zombies attack the Bio one.
(Another one of the Ads i got if the one before is a Silver Katana from a Japanese Dude who sells them,if i run out of ammo i can slice and Dice.21 Days Before it Breaks like the Bio Waste )

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

did no one read my fucking update.

We signed up for something where they could make the commands. Everyone making action commands will create a shitstorm. The people who posted in this thread want to play this game as it was intended. If no one who didn't sign up posted in the thread, the people who signed up would be making the actions anyways. What's the difference?

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT

No, we didn't. Haha.

I'm kidding. In all honesty, I understand what you mean. But the method we used in the first game is what made your game special. It made your game different from all the others (and imo better, sorry everyone else). If you want, I'll adapt to this new system, but I can't speak for the others.

I did, But I think it's a bad idea.
y'see, it takes all the fun out of (yadda, yadda, yadda. you get my point.)
In actuality, I agree with Luis. I don't want another le adventure ofr an escape artists, except with less drawing and more zombies. I want something New, something (yadda, yadda, yadda.)

Last edited Apr 14, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT

In all honesty, I don't mind which system we use, as long as the people who have taken the time to express their support through volunteering to join get to have what they feel is best, and if I can get some more ammo. I mean seriously, 2.7 is horrible.

Okay so we are going to do this in the same style as the old thread right? Just checking

We start with me and Bob. Correct? What about everyone else who just signed up?

Which one of us has the assault rifle?

I'm ready to begin once I know we have this fully sorted

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Okay so we are going to do this in the same style as the old thread right? Just checking

We start with me and Bob. Correct? What about everyone else who just signed up?

Which one of us has the assault rifle?

I'm ready to begin once I know we have this fully sorted

Bob has the assault rifle. Also I'm still really busy I'm probably not going to be able to write anything so hopefully somebody else will.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

So… I'm going on a limb here and adding more players into the story, just to try to keep momentum.

(Jeffrey, Falcon, and Slappy the Fish)

Sweaty, ragged, and exhausted, three men dash through the streets of a godforsaken hell-hole they used to call 'home'. Climbing a fire escape to get a better scope of their surroundings, they find they're only a stone's throw away from a police barricade. There are no signs of life, but there may be ammunition and weapons. About a kilometer in the opposite direction is a highway.

WAT DO?

Falcon quickly scanned the path to the barricade for danger "I don't see any movement". "what about the shops?" Jeffrey pointed towards a line of small shops running along the left side of the street. Falcon reassured him, "I'm sure we'll be fine as long as we stay close to the center of the road".

(Would write more but i have to get to work on the map. Right now I'm just trying to keep the momentum going.)

Edit Yay map

We are using actual places this game and im assuming you already have a map of whatever area your in so feel free to check it whenever you want.

PS the current location is Springfield, Massachusetts, United States.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!