Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Zombie Apocalypse 2: The Walking Thread

Last posted Jul 06, 2012 at 02:03AM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2012 at 03:25AM EDT
397 posts from 22 users

Looking at your fellow group members, you decide you can fight. In a flurry of bullets and what appear to be arrows (gj luis), you bring down all six of the walkers. The gunfire, however, has probably attracted more zombies to your location. You should take all the water you can and head for Walmart as fast as you can.

Falcon and madcat grab the water, with Slippy following close behind them. However, in the chaos the survivors split up and head in separate directions.

Luis and Bob sprint off in a different direction, back towards White-Way.

The rest of the survivors run off in the direction of city hall.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 07:12PM EDT

madcat wrote:

>go back to look for Luis and Bob

You attempt to run back to Luis and Bob, but are pulled back by Falcon and shown that there are roughly fifty zombies between you and them. It would be suicide to go back.

Madcat:

I forgot to clarify this, but you, Slippy, and Falcon are heading towards Walmart.

Falcon

There is no map screen, use the Imgur link. You'll have to start buying them from merchants when major shifts start happening or to get more stuff

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

>Check walmart for Zs
>go in

After checking the entrance of Walmart for any rampaging letters or zombies you decide to enter it.

The Walmart is in a more severe state of decay when compared to some of the older brick and mortar buildings, with some sections of the roof caved in. The building would be entirely dark due to power failure if it weren't for these holes. A few moments after you enter, one of the supports collapses and brings down part of the ceiling with a crash.

From what light is coming through the roof, you can see plenty of supplies. There are some lights (flashlights, emergency flares, glow sticks, and some fireworks that function as a crude projectile version of the emergency flares) that would be useful for exploring the Saint Luis mine nearby, some food, and precious uncontaminated water.

Slappy The Fish wrote:

no guns or ammo?

Not much. There's some hunting rifles, but no heavy guns or ammunition.

Falcon:

With avarice rivaling Bank of America and Wall Street combined you tear shit up and take as much crap as you can carry. You get lots of water, five flares, 10 glow sticks, 10 batteries, and 4 roman candles. madcat manages to come across a flare gun with twenty rounds in the employees only section, and it becomes your most valuable find. Slappy decides to take the water.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT

madcat wrote:

>grab bundles of light-emitting tools
>use something in the store (if there is anything) to carry the supplies in

madcat, deciding that it would be stupid to carry all of these alone grabs some suitcases. You string some together and stuff the lights in them. You decide, wisely, to carry the box of matches you found separately.

>Check if food is stale
>If not, Eat. put rest in shopping cart.

The food is stale. This has been going on for around two months, so it's all probably stale or rotten except for some canned goods and some other survivors have already taken those.

Fuck.
>Go outside
>head towards mine.

Okay. The mine's a little dangerous (just a little more than the fire department), so I'm going to wait for your teammates (madcat and Slappy) to confirm if they want to go. You can, of course, do this on your own.

Remember, the mine holds a lot of valuable resources such as high-grade explosives and lights in it.

Slappy The Fish wrote:

gdm, i thought I posted…

Anyways, there's ammo in the rifles, right?

>Take a rifle, since it'll be a lot more useful that having only one weapon
>Search for possible melee weapons

You take a hunting rifle (scoped). It uses a smaller .22 caliber and comes with 25 rounds in 5 round magazines. For melee weapons, you find a short machete, a large butcher's knife, and a golf club. You can only take one.

Also, do you want to explore the Mines with Falcon?

Slippy:

You take the machete.

All:

You proceed up the road to the mine. The only visible entrance is an elevator that appears to be rusted but in good condition. You head in, and Falcon shuts the door.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary until around 3/4ths of the way down, when the elevator starts to speed up suddenly. It appears the emergency brakes have at least partially given out. The elevator creaks and groans and impacts the ground slightly faster than it should.

"We should get out of here," comments Falcon.

Falcon punches the up button several times, all in vain. The power for the elevator appears to have gone out recently. From your position at the bottom, there is one way forward. You can see that the mining facility is at least partially lit from here. Its metallic grey walls are covered in bloody splatters and some deranged scribbling reading "Beware of the cave dwellers." Below the mining facility are the actual mine shafts, some of which stretch for miles under the ocean.

You can only go forwards, into what appears to have once been the lobby of the mining facility.

Falcon/Slappy/madcat

You forge ahead into the lobby, looking for any psychotic letters (or zombies). Falcon suggests an escape route but that is literally impossible since you are at the bottom of a 250m mine shaft. The lobby is, as mentioned before, covered in blood. There are plenty of abandoned guns next to the corpses (though most of them are broken). It appears this was the last stand of several of the miners. From here, you can go to one of the workshops (explosives assembly) or the overseer's office.

madcat wrote:

>proceed to workshop
>loot any working explosives

The door opens with a shrill shriek, sending shivers straight through the party's spines. As madcat stepped in, he raised his gun to a particularly dark corner, only to find that they were alone here.

Fanning out, they sought out explosives that they could salvage.

Kicking through some built up dust by a workbench, Falcon spotted a key labeled 'cap drawer' in fine print. He walked over to a antiquated metal locker and stuck the key in. Giving it a twist, the door produced a satisfying clunk and swung open itself. Inside were two black plastic boxes, roughly the size of lunchboxes, and an indention showing that at least one more box used to occupy the locker as well. Flipping the clasps, the contents of first box were a depressing sight…

"Blasting caps… But the powder's leaking out a bit…" Falcon muttered, under his breath.

"Oh, blast caps?" inquired madcat, as he walked towards Falcon, "Those could help out later."

madcat opened up the other box, which contained 15 pristine caps.

"These will work. Though, we could take the others as well."

Want to take the iffy caps too? (You'll have a total of 30, if you do.) Also, where to next?

madcat wrote:

>only take the pristine caps
>head to the overseer's office

Taking the pristine caps and then proceeding across the hallway, you go to the Overseer's office. The door is slightly ajar and opens with a creak. Inside it you find the Overseer, slumped across his desk with a bullet through his head. You can see a .357 revolver on his desk that, on closer inspection, has five out of six bullets in it. There is also an antique Henry rifle on the back wall rewarded to the overseer by the mayor. Moving the corpse aside, you can see a note he wrote himself before committing suicide.

"Today begins the 6th month of our imprisonment. I've given up hope. I can't take the Cave Dwellers, Cave Slashers, or the fucking Cave Demons (as my surviving miners call them). We're never getting out of here alive, so I've barricaded the lobby and we're going to make our stand here. This will be the last time I write here."

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

>dibs on revolver & bullets

You get five .357 rounds. The Overseer's revolver, due to how moist the environment is (it's mostly under the ocean), has decayed to the point of uselessness.

Slappy The Fish wrote:

damn, and here I was hoping for twelve shots.

>Investigate desk

The desk is full of papers and other office supplies. There is a pretty looking pen, but nothing else of any value.

Picking up the very pretty pen, Slappy stashed it in his pocket. madcat slung the Henry rifle over his shoulder and began flipping through the various flotsam and jetsam scattered about the office.

Together, they found thirty-five cents.

"Well… We got a rifle and some revolver ammo." said madcat, looking around.

"And a pen." retorted Slappy, wryly.

"Yeah… And a pen."

You can enter the mine shafts now, if you want.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!