Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

9Gag

Last posted Jun 20, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT. Added Apr 28, 2012 at 06:25AM EDT
114 posts from 57 users

Silver Chariot wrote:

But what if our daily chores are spammed the fuck up to eleven with 9GAG chitchat and people sharing their dead memes between each other?

I can't really stand being surrounded at my high school by lots and lots of people (that I actually respect and tolerate because they're my friends and colleagues, mind you) that, even after explaining them the evil that 9GAG is, still lurk this damned website "Just for fun".

As I stated before, the website sucks and deserves its hatedom, but I really hate it because it's constantly ruining my daily life.

That's really ironic as users here are constantly lurking the "Just For Fun" board.

I'm just saying 9gag is not the only one out there. There are a lot more like 9gag, but 9gag simply get the most attention at the moment. The hate might be deserved, but the arguments for it lack regularly. As said before, 9gag is just one of many. They get the most attention now because they have the biggest userbase at the moment, but that doesn't automatically make them the worst out there as well.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

im terribly sorry OP but this rant is just pathetic.

you are raging over the fact that people use dead and forced memes? the internet doesn't belong to you. people can do whatever they want as long as they don't harm anyone.

if you don't like 9gag don't visit there! it's plain and simple.

9gaggers in real life? sure that's a bit annoying because internet and real life should be seperate places but still, that's their fun and they don't harm anyone

but nooooo they misuse memes! they violate the holy meme covenant! they must be purged!!!

seriously grow the **** up. people like something you don't it happens to EVERYONE evetually…

so now 9gag is the goddamn devil that everyone loves to bash it? do you know how easy it is to just ignore it? i only found out about it only when my real life friends….

uuuugh now that i have seen the 9gag hatred i have seen everything on the internet… so much immaturity whining…

Jolly Jew wrote:

you are raging over the fact that people use dead and forced memes? the internet doesn't belong to you. people can do whatever they want as long as they don't harm anyone.

9gaggers in real life? sure that's a bit annoying because internet and real life should be seperate places but still, that's their fun and they don't harm anyone

but nooooo they misuse memes! they violate the holy meme covenant! they must be purged!!!

seriously grow the **** up. people like something you don't it happens to EVERYONE evetually…

so now 9gag is the goddamn devil that everyone loves to bash it? do you know how easy it is to just ignore it? i only found out about it only when my real life friends….

uuuugh now that i have seen the 9gag hatred i have seen everything on the internet… so much immaturity whining…

im terribly sorry JJ but your nation is just evil

you are settling in a land because your ancestors lived there 1000 years ago? palestine doesn't belong to you. palestinians should be allowed to live there.

if you don't like palestinians just don't live in israel! it's plain and simple.

palestine in real life? sure that's a bit annoying because israel deliberately hampers the peace process so they can steal more land but the us government and israel should be two seperate entities.

but noooooo we have to support israel no matter what because they have a lobby in congress! they violate our moral codes but we still support them!

seriously learn to have a consisten policy. history drives some nationalities from their homeslands and you can't kick the people who live there now out because of that.

so now palestine is the goddamn devil that the republican party loves to bash? do you know how easy it is to not drive people from their homes?

uuuuugh now that i have seen zionism everywhere in the united states and their allies… oh so much hypocritical colonialism…

You may notice that both our arguements are completely correct, but people ignore them and say they're incorect because they want them to be wrong.

Jolly Jew wrote:

People can do whatever they want as long as they dont harm anyone

as long as they dont harm anyone

as they dont harm anyone

dont harm anyone

Dont Harm

Dude have you even read my Post?People threw rocks at me.
And We all know you are a 9gagger.Just Becouse You like it doesnt mean we have to
Sure it has done….Ugh…..Wait i got some-no i have nothing.9gag didnt do crap for the internet
4chan and Anonymous helped whit SOPA.They Made Memes,unlike 9gag who just steals them

Immaturity Whining

Says the guy who came here to whine to us about us whining about 9gag.Why did you even post here if you hate us?You just came here for Karma Bombing.

Do you know how easy it is to just ignore it?

Well we would just ignore it but they keep spamming KYM whit shit memes.Most of Which are stolen or Stupid.And Becouse of you (And this thread) we get a constant reminder of It.

If you dont like 9gag dont visit there!

Who said we visit it?I only once visited it when i was a newfag.It sucked.

So i think that you should Calm yo Tites and Stop Whining at how Good 9gag is.
Also the fact that israel made -10gag doesnt mean its the best spinoff site in the world

Edit:Tell me JJ do you want to know how shitty 9gag is?

Here you go

I hate you so much

DubleEdit:This Picture just rests my case of how 9gag steals memes

Fuck you Just Fuck You 9gag
Copying Little Piece of Shit.First the Cheeto Now this???
How fucking dare you?How dare you?

Last edited May 01, 2012 at 03:08PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

im terribly sorry JJ but your nation is just evil

you are settling in a land because your ancestors lived there 1000 years ago? palestine doesn't belong to you. palestinians should be allowed to live there.

if you don't like palestinians just don't live in israel! it's plain and simple.

palestine in real life? sure that's a bit annoying because israel deliberately hampers the peace process so they can steal more land but the us government and israel should be two seperate entities.

but noooooo we have to support israel no matter what because they have a lobby in congress! they violate our moral codes but we still support them!

seriously learn to have a consisten policy. history drives some nationalities from their homeslands and you can't kick the people who live there now out because of that.

so now palestine is the goddamn devil that the republican party loves to bash? do you know how easy it is to not drive people from their homes?

uuuuugh now that i have seen zionism everywhere in the united states and their allies… oh so much hypocritical colonialism…

You may notice that both our arguements are completely correct, but people ignore them and say they're incorect because they want them to be wrong.

are you serious? are you fucking serious? did you just compare 9gag to the arab-israel war? REALLY? are you really this desparate?? it makes even less sense because nothing you said is true.

im not going to start a political debate. but if you think you can connect these 2 things togather and say it's the same argument. you are an idiot

Jolly Jew wrote:

Man, you blaming someone else for ranting. So much irony.

Jolly Jew wrote:

are you serious? are you fucking serious? did you just compare 9gag to the arab-israel war? REALLY? are you really this desparate?? it makes even less sense because nothing you said is true.

im not going to start a political debate. but if you think you can connect these 2 things togather and say it's the same argument. you are an idiot

Actually, I was mocking the fact that you assume yourself to be better then the people who dislike 9gag.
They have an irrational argument. I think you have an irrational argument. I think both of you cling to your irrational arguments because it's what the people around you think.
And it's not Arab-Israeli war. It's not a war. It's the Zionist takeover of the Levant, followed by several attempted and unwarranted invasions by surrounding nations. The "Israelis" are not at war with the Arabs, and saying such only proves that you are of the same caliber of the Islamist fundamentalists that wish to destroy Judaism.
I'll take your opinions seriously when you are not a supporter zionism; or, in most pro-israeli lobbyists case, of colonialism and genocide, with a hypocritical victim complex.

MDFification wrote:

Actually, I was mocking the fact that you assume yourself to be better then the people who dislike 9gag.
They have an irrational argument. I think you have an irrational argument. I think both of you cling to your irrational arguments because it's what the people around you think.
And it's not Arab-Israeli war. It's not a war. It's the Zionist takeover of the Levant, followed by several attempted and unwarranted invasions by surrounding nations. The "Israelis" are not at war with the Arabs, and saying such only proves that you are of the same caliber of the Islamist fundamentalists that wish to destroy Judaism.
I'll take your opinions seriously when you are not a supporter zionism; or, in most pro-israeli lobbyists case, of colonialism and genocide, with a hypocritical victim complex.

"Islamist fundamentalists that wish to destroy Judaism."

One thing: THE TERRORISTS AREN'T MUSLIMS.

I'm a Muslim myself and I RESPECT Jews and Christians as long as they have beautiful manners and behaviour.

Osama Bin Laden might have been in the CIA himself. I know it's a conspirac y, but still…

User Name wrote:

I'm a Muslim myself and I RESPECT Jews and Christians as long as they have beautiful manners and behaviour.

Osama Bin Laden might have been in the CIA himself. I know it's a conspirac y, but still…

The terrorists are Muslims.

I think you mean Muslims aren't terrorists.

User Name wrote:

The terrorists aren't muslims.
There are terrorist muslims, however.
I'm saying that the Zionist movements confuses the radical fundamentalists with the supporters of Palestine.

Edit: I accidentally this thread. Maybe we should take this to another one.

Last edited May 02, 2012 at 10:30AM EDT

MDFification wrote:

….what!?

did you forget how all the arab nations waged war to erase israel off the map 3 times and that they never actually stopped trying? learn some damn histrory and untill then don't bring this up again.

i support collinialism and genocide? is this a joke!? you have not the slightest clue what's going on there! how the hell can anyone take you seriously now?

and the fuck did you bring this up anyway? because im jewish? well fuck you. nothing else that can be said.

and this is simliar to 9gag how exaclty? i am only saying that the infinite hatred and bashing that this site gets is completly blown out of proportion. i can fully understand people saying that it's a terrible site but waging a war aganist it like people are doing all over the internet now is insane.

so bottom line, you are a meme elistst that rage over the fact that people misuse memes in their spare time and somehow manage to accuse me of supporting genocide and crimes against humanity.

wow. just wow.

if you are troll you get A+…

@randomman
well … umm yeah… it is ironic… and as you probebly noticed, irrational unjustifed hatred annoys me…
but as you can witness, nothing can be done. people can hate something completly harmless just because it's cool to do so. and there is no way to convince them

Last edited May 02, 2012 at 10:50AM EDT

Jolly Jew wrote:

….what!?

did you forget how all the arab nations waged war to erase israel off the map 3 times and that they never actually stopped trying? learn some damn histrory and untill then don't bring this up again.

i support collinialism and genocide? is this a joke!? you have not the slightest clue what's going on there! how the hell can anyone take you seriously now?

and the fuck did you bring this up anyway? because im jewish? well fuck you. nothing else that can be said.

and this is simliar to 9gag how exaclty? i am only saying that the infinite hatred and bashing that this site gets is completly blown out of proportion. i can fully understand people saying that it's a terrible site but waging a war aganist it like people are doing all over the internet now is insane.

so bottom line, you are a meme elistst that rage over the fact that people misuse memes in their spare time and somehow manage to accuse me of supporting genocide and crimes against humanity.

wow. just wow.

if you are troll you get A+…

@randomman
well … umm yeah… it is ironic… and as you probebly noticed, irrational unjustifed hatred annoys me…
but as you can witness, nothing can be done. people can hate something completly harmless just because it's cool to do so. and there is no way to convince them

I'm going to respond, but I'll make a new thread so we don't have to hijak this one any further.
And no, I brought it up because, as I mentioned, I felt it kind of hypocritical of you to say other people were irrationally supporting something while I've seen you, in my mind at least, irrationally support things.
This was a long time coming.

Rather than make a thread, it might be better to settle this via PM. That is, unless you think other users can participate in a thread with this topic while maintaining the civility this requires.

MDFification wrote:

I'm going to respond, but I'll make a new thread so we don't have to hijak this one any further.
And no, I brought it up because, as I mentioned, I felt it kind of hypocritical of you to say other people were irrationally supporting something while I've seen you, in my mind at least, irrationally support things.
This was a long time coming.

there is NOTHING i support irrationally.

hell, i don't even support 9gag, i just think that all this hatred certin stuff gets is outrageous. it's harmless but people keep screaming it's cancer.
same goes with CoD, Justin bieber, furries, etc.

damn and i thought brony haters were bad…

Jolly Jew wrote:

there is NOTHING i support irrationally.

hell, i don't even support 9gag, i just think that all this hatred certin stuff gets is outrageous. it's harmless but people keep screaming it's cancer.
same goes with CoD, Justin bieber, furries, etc.

damn and i thought brony haters were bad…

Take it to the Thread I made, and I shall attempt to prove you wrong.

Jolly Jew wrote:

Honestly, you are no one to complain about immature whining! You are always whining about people making fun of bronies and asking for our help to attack them. You still act as if hasbro did something wrong by changing derpy. You are the whiniest person on this site! If you don't agree with OP, tell him why, but don't call him pathetic. I believe the saying " the pot calling the kettle black" fits you perfectly considering this is far from the first time you insult Someone for doing the exact same thing you do.

It is a website.

I've been their before, and I can say that I'm honestly not a fan of it. And I can certainly see why people are mad; the caption images they make there are unoriginal, and what is original is unfunny. They take gold and turn it into dirt. And it is horrible…

But its not our place to just decide for it to just go away…

It is a website owned and operated by someone who pays the money to have it up and running. Try to get it down with DDoS attacks and spamming makes us no better than them, or SOPA, right?

Now I'm not a fan of 9gag, and I'm sure all of you can agree, but its not our place to decide what is what.

Last edited May 02, 2012 at 12:10PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Honestly, you are no one to complain about immature whining! You are always whining about people making fun of bronies and asking for our help to attack them. You still act as if hasbro did something wrong by changing derpy. You are the whiniest person on this site! If you don't agree with OP, tell him why, but don't call him pathetic. I believe the saying " the pot calling the kettle black" fits you perfectly considering this is far from the first time you insult Someone for doing the exact same thing you do.

i called his arguement pathetc not him presonally.

and as whiny as i might be i didn't start hate threads. i am not going to pictures saying I HATE 9GAG like i saw many do.
i do not enocourage the site to be raided and taken down like i see everyone here are doing.

Because it's just a picture viewing site that does no harm!

and for the record, i didn't whine about bronies being made fun of, i whined about influential people spreading hatered that could do harm.

@chris
that would be a fine arguemt if only they didn't attack us first in attempt to exterminate us.
/arguement
there is no need to talk about this any further.

It would be too much to put a .gif of a man eating popcorn with the caption "This is gonna be good."

Anyway, the problem wasn't about 9gag itself. The problem was 9fags treating themselves as the elite class. As in, frequent bullying over not liking 9gag. Yes, it happened.

Actually, I pretty much agree with Jolly Jew here. It's really not as big a deal as people make it out to be. I figure if people like what the site has to offer, more power to them.

Now I'm certainly not advocating "stealing memes" (which aren't really owned by anybody anyway), nor have I actually been to 9gag, but I find it annoying that people make such a big deal out of it when they could just leave it alone and not go there.

As for the forced/dead memes, I still find some of them funny (or at least more tolerable than those who complain about forced/dead memes). Remember, humor is a subjective concept. If people find those old memes funny, then they find it funny, and you can't get them to change their sense of humor (trust me, I've tried to make people change mine).

Now, if 9gaggers are actually acting elitist and causing physical harm for people not liking the site, then that's just wrong. I hope I never encounter someone like that, because that's stupid, petty, and just plain mean.

detectiveStalemate wrote:

It would be too much to put a .gif of a man eating popcorn with the caption "This is gonna be good."

Anyway, the problem wasn't about 9gag itself. The problem was 9fags treating themselves as the elite class. As in, frequent bullying over not liking 9gag. Yes, it happened.

i have never seen 9gaggers on the internet excpet for on 9gag itself.

most of them barely ever use the internet…. my entire friendship circle consists of this kind of people…

also, i really like how i am treated her.

i raise an arguement that some people seem to agree with.

but instead of logically proving me wrong i am attacked personally, or my whole natinality is attacked… really. nice job

and all for saying that i think it's stupid to raid and try to take down a site for not liking it… really guys?

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 11:35AM EDT

anyone remember anontalk?

there's something wrong with people that support these kind of sites, and it's not because we disagree with each other, it's because there's something wrong with them

Do they even know who they're messing with?

Reporting facebook page? Are you fucking kidding me?
It's not like reporting a facebook page can bring down the site.

Last edited May 04, 2012 at 01:56AM EDT

9Gag is dumb.
That is all.

(Well, not exactly. A 9Gagger "friend" of mine reposted a picture from 9Gag to FB. It has the Dovahkiin, and she captioned, "what's Skyrim anyway". I was so angry.)

Lolrus wrote:

lol spam the forum with porn? really?

what harm can that possibly do? it's like trying to fill a sea with water…

although spamming furry porn on /b/ can get some lulzy results…

@JJ

I was just thinking that too.

4chan is already leaking porn from all orifices. Porn spam doesn't affect 4chan nearly as much as it affects 9gag or any other board.

If anything that's just going to debaucherise (spelling?) the 9gaggers and make them equally as bad as the channers

But Furry Porn could be potentially effective. That won't scare 4chan but it will rustle some jimmies for certain.

Couldn't you technically say that kym could be just as bad as 9gag? KYM has facebook and no original content other than the forums and the user submitted images on meme pages. (Which you can't tell if its original or not.)

Yes 9gag sucks. But it does have a right to exist.
Personally id rather the people who I dislike incorrectly use memes because they don't deserve to use them right.

And politics? Really guys?

Anyway….

Alex>_> wrote:

Couldn't you technically say that kym could be just as bad as 9gag? KYM has facebook and no original content other than the forums and the user submitted images on meme pages. (Which you can't tell if its original or not.)

Yes 9gag sucks. But it does have a right to exist.
Personally id rather the people who I dislike incorrectly use memes because they don't deserve to use them right.

And politics? Really guys?

Anyway….

Yes, we do nothing to ensure the uploader is the creator of an image, but;
-We don't claim to have invented memes.
-We enable people to use memes correctly.

Oh no, there are people who like things I don't like! My lord, someone told a joke in a way that is funny to them and their friends, but I only like the original version! Dearest me, someone thinks their opinion is better than mine! I better go campaign against them on the internet and in real life so that they see the error in their ways and convert to my views! I must make sure they stop enjoying themselves in a way I don't approve of! And now they are getting facts wrong! No one ever gets their facts wrong or makes things up, this is getting simply barbaric! Whatever shall I do??

You all need to understand that just because other people enjoy things you don't or dislike what you find grand, doesn't mean you are some kind of godly purist that must purge them of their sin. Just because people are saying or using words you don't like doesn't mean you are going through hell, they are not oppressing you, you still can enjoy the internet. You can still breath and eat and drink and be alive. Leave 9gaggers alone, and they should leave you alone. If they for some odd reason harass you even while you stay entirely out of their paths, then obviously you are being bullied and should go get help from responsible adults.

Requesting that this thread be
d

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Oh no, there are people who like things I don't like! My lord, someone told a joke in a way that is funny to them and their friends, but I only like the original version! Dearest me, someone thinks their opinion is better than mine! I better go campaign against them on the internet and in real life so that they see the error in their ways and convert to my views! I must make sure they stop enjoying themselves in a way I don't approve of! And now they are getting facts wrong! No one ever gets their facts wrong or makes things up, this is getting simply barbaric! Whatever shall I do??

You all need to understand that just because other people enjoy things you don't or dislike what you find grand, doesn't mean you are some kind of godly purist that must purge them of their sin. Just because people are saying or using words you don't like doesn't mean you are going through hell, they are not oppressing you, you still can enjoy the internet. You can still breath and eat and drink and be alive. Leave 9gaggers alone, and they should leave you alone. If they for some odd reason harass you even while you stay entirely out of their paths, then obviously you are being bullied and should go get help from responsible adults.

Requesting that this thread be
d

>In 4 days the thread would have cycled into deletion
>You bumped the thread
>Thread may return to life
>No, RPP, you are the thread
>And then RPP was the thread

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!