Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,506 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread

World War KYM

Last posted Jun 17, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT. Added May 20, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT
356 posts from 24 users

Cale wrote:

You’re allowed to do anything.

Sorry about deleting my post. I just thought all places had already been taken.

Is there an open player slot, or am I SOL?

May 20, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Sorry about deleting my post. I just thought all places had already been taken.

Is there an open player slot, or am I SOL?

I don’t think you can run a nation off of ME3 references, bro. It’s probably best that you not have a country.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 02:33PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 02:33PM EDT

Piano wrote:

I don’t think you can run a nation off of ME3 references, bro. It’s probably best that you not have a country.

I’d more likely base it off Ghost Recon jackass.

May 20, 2012 at 02:36PM EDT

I’d more likely base it off Ghost Recon jackass.

You’re the reason that people want upvote/downvote regulations, Thomas.

May 20, 2012 at 02:38PM EDT

Piano wrote:

You’re the reason that people want upvote/downvote regulations, Thomas.

We need them regardless.

May 20, 2012 at 02:39PM EDT

@Fedora: Picking on Serious is my job shupt upt.

@Serious: Chill-out mahn. There’s Greenland available, but that’s it.

May 20, 2012 at 02:46PM EDT

量子 Meme wrote:

Takes Syria

X-Singular rages again at my actions

Oh great…. another one.
Line ’em up.

May 20, 2012 at 02:46PM EDT

When do I know it is my turn? And when it is, do I take my four moves to make my nation better and then a move to make an advance on a opposing land?

May 20, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT

Right then.

Color: Olive Drab

Name: Sea Haven

May 20, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

When do I know it is my turn? And when it is, do I take my four moves to make my nation better and then a move to make an advance on a opposing land?

The four actions are separate from the two moves/attacks.

Turns are daily actions that are summarized in a posted report by yours truly.

May 20, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT

Right then.

Color: Olive Drab

Name: Sea Haven

Am I in?

May 20, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Sure.

Okay, so I sent you the actions I want to perform for this round via PM. That’s the right way to do that, correct?

May 20, 2012 at 03:59PM EDT

Wicked.

Suffice to say, my air force has a few elite squadrons. The “Fortune Hunters” are a large scale unit designed to directly impact events on the front line. They are of course the single most powerful squadron that I possess.

“Angel Squadron”(Blazing Angels reference!) is a smaller unit intended for covert operations that must remain highly secret. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal anything significant about them.

The “Ghosts Of Razgriz” are the four best fighter pilots of the land, assembled into one unit. The “Fortune Hunters” may have the most power, and “Angel Squadron” the most important missions, but the “Ghosts of Razgriz” carry the highest level of prestige within the ranks. They are the best of the best, and everyone knows it. Getting into the unit has often been likened to becoming a Council Spectre. (Whoops, gratuitous Mass Effect reference.)

The army has its own highly elite, best of the best unit: “Ghost Recon”. Only the finest soldiers are selected to undergo “Evaluation” for entry into “Ghost Recon”, and 90% fail. But those that come out the other side are literally the finest, most skilled soldiers to ever serve. Less than one hundred members are ever active at once.

May 20, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT

Wicked.

Suffice to say, my air force has a few elite squadrons. The “Fortune Hunters” are a large scale unit designed to directly impact events on the front line. They are of course the single most powerful squadron that I possess.

“Angel Squadron”(Blazing Angels reference!) is a smaller unit intended for covert operations that must remain highly secret. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal anything significant about them.

The “Ghosts Of Razgriz” are the four best fighter pilots of the land, assembled into one unit. The “Fortune Hunters” may have the most power, and “Angel Squadron” the most important missions, but the “Ghosts of Razgriz” carry the highest level of prestige within the ranks. They are the best of the best, and everyone knows it. Getting into the unit has often been likened to becoming a Council Spectre. (Whoops, gratuitous Mass Effect reference.)

The army has its own highly elite, best of the best unit: “Ghost Recon”. Only the finest soldiers are selected to undergo “Evaluation” for entry into “Ghost Recon”, and 90% fail. But those that come out the other side are literally the finest, most skilled soldiers to ever serve. Less than one hundred members are ever active at once.

You just completely blabbed out your actions. I’m going to guess that you’ll be the first to die.

May 20, 2012 at 04:10PM EDT

Wicked.

You are severely over-complicating this. It’s just a casual virtual board game.

Or is it.

May 20, 2012 at 04:13PM EDT

X wrote:

Oh great…. another one.
Line ’em up.

Don’t worry, I’ll take care of your precious little land.

Reads newspaper and Ignores Civil war in the background out the window

May 20, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT

Piano wrote:

You just completely blabbed out your actions. I’m going to guess that you’ll be the first to die.

I only stated unit names, not what I was going to do.

EDIT: Also, I did just send the OP a PM stating my actions.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT

I only stated unit names, not what I was going to do.

EDIT: Also, I did just send the OP a PM stating my actions.

But you’ve given everyone in the thread an idea of how powerful your military is. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few preemptive strikes will be made on your territory.

May 20, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT

Piano wrote:

But you’ve given everyone in the thread an idea of how powerful your military is. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few preemptive strikes will be made on your territory.

Really?

All I did was state the names and a little assorted trivia about a few highly elite units.

For all you know, my military could be next to nothing.

May 20, 2012 at 04:23PM EDT

Really?

All I did was state the names and a little assorted trivia about a few highly elite units.

For all you know, my military could be next to nothing.

The “Fortune Hunters” are a large scale unit designed to directly impact events on the front line. They are of course the single most powerful squadron that I possess.

All of that pretty well demonstrates that you’re at least capable of powerful airstrikes.

May 20, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

Piano wrote:

The “Fortune Hunters” are a large scale unit designed to directly impact events on the front line. They are of course the single most powerful squadron that I possess.

All of that pretty well demonstrates that you’re at least capable of powerful airstrikes.

For all you know, they could be flying F-5s and A-1s.

May 20, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT

For all you know, they could be flying F-5s and A-1s.

Sigh

There’s no point in arguing with you.

May 20, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

Doesn’t matter I haven’t sent your intro Report.

Okay now I have.

Any questions, now’s the time to ask.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT

I really don’t see how that argument was relative. Nair can say whatever he wants; his actions (and the intro report) will decide if he can even amass a force like that. It’s not like he chooses from the get go.

May 20, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Doesn’t matter I haven’t sent your intro Report.

Okay now I have.

Any questions, now’s the time to ask.

Intro report received, initial actions sent.

May 20, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Yeah, it’s officially Started.

also what tech level do we start at?

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 05:07PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

@404
It’s the modern age. Everything else should be in your intro report.

May 20, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT

madcat wrote:

@404
It’s the modern age. Everything else should be in your intro report.

k thanks

May 20, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

I sent in my report around 2 hours ago, I forget.
Anyway, as with the most recent nation RP, I’ll be creating flags on request. Whoever wants one, just leave a post here describing what you’d like, i.e. colours and symbols.

May 20, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT

Yeah, flags, history, whatever you want to do.

May 20, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

Anyway, as with the most recent nation RP, I’ll be creating flags on request. Whoever wants one, just leave a post here describing what you’d like, i.e. colours and symbols.

Do you have Inkscape for that? I’ve downloaded it recently because of my vexillology interest, but I’m having some trouble figuring it out.

May 20, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

I doubt anyone knows what this looks like, but you know those “Upgrade Tokens” from Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge?

Just put one on an arctic camouflage background.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 05:40PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

I doubt anyone knows what this looks like, but you know those “Upgrade Tokens” from Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge?

Greenland
woodland or jungle

May 20, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT

Greenland is a tundra biome. The closest thing to jungles or woodlands there is the off yellow grass that grows in the more southerly coastal regions.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 05:40PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

Greenland is a tundra biome. The closest thing to jungles or woodlands there is the off yellow grass that grows in the more southerly coastal regions.

Fine. Edited my post.

Still, “green and brown” would look so much better than “shades of grey”.

May 20, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT

Piano wrote:

Do you have Inkscape for that? I’ve downloaded it recently because of my vexillology interest, but I’m having some trouble figuring it out.

I use MS Paint and Paint.net.
Flags are actually pretty easy. Other then adding symbols, it’s just simple geometric shapes and patterns.
Coat of Arms, however, are hard.

May 20, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT

Do you have a pic? I can’t seem to find any on the Crimson Skies wiki or google images.
Also, do you want an army-style camo pattern, or is just the colours from the camo in another design good?

May 20, 2012 at 05:48PM EDT

i want a flag with two tone yellow and green horizontal bars, and one of those no smoking thingies in the middle but with Finland instead of a cigarette.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 05:49PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

Do you have a pic? I can’t seem to find any on the Crimson Skies wiki or google images.
Also, do you want an army-style camo pattern, or is just the colours from the camo in another design good?

EDIT: Yeah, found on DA.

As for the background, yes, military camo pattern. Digital pattern, arctic color set, to be precise.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

Gold w/ silver trim. Symbol: A warrior with swords and guns riding a lion that breathes fire and has eagle’s wings.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 06:35PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT

Dr. Coolface wrote:

Gold w/ silver trim. Symbol: A warrior with swords and guns riding a lion that breathes fire and has eagle’s wings.

May 20, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

Piano wrote:

Ah dunno mate.

ah can’t anderstand ‘im at times, y’knoow?

May 20, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT

Here’s my flag:

Blue represents culture, red represents nationalism, and white represents progress. Blue red and white are also pan-slavic colors, which is another reason why I used them.

May 20, 2012 at 07:42PM EDT

I’m gonna shrink the big ones down.

May 20, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT

Cale wrote:

I’m gonna shrink the big ones down.

Try not to make it look all jagged. It took a while for me to make it that seamless.

May 20, 2012 at 08:07PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!