Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

TF2 Help?

Last posted Jun 02, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT. Added May 31, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT
51 posts from 19 users

I don't know who to approach about this.

Anyway, I'm bad at TF2. All I've ever played is in training mode.
Also, I don't know any good servers. And I don't know anything about its community and such (in jokes, how they refer to certain things, etc.)

Knowing that KnowYourMeme is very knowledgeable about TF2 in some parts of it's community, I thought it'd be best to ask here.

Any suggestions, hints, tips, etc?
Thank you.

Finally,a thread like this
Well i recommend going to a achivment server and re-re testing your skillz
Im pretty good at TF2,so when your done whit that go to the Aces Fortress Server
Pretty good Server in general

Here are some loadout tips
Scout-Scattergun (FaN),Mad Milk or Winger,Bonk/candycane,
Soldier-Stock RL or Original (Liberty Launcher),Stock Shotgun or Reveresed Shooter,Equilizer or Market gardener
Pyro-Backburner/Degreaser,Flaregun or Manmelter,Any Axe of your choice

Demoman-Nade Launcher,stock stickybomb launcher,Half Zatochi or Bottle (Scottish Handshake)
Heavy-Tomislav or Brass Beast,Sandbitch/Buffalo Steak/chocolate or Shotgun,G.R.U or K.B.G
Engineer-Windowmaker (Windowbreaker as i call it) or stock shotgun,Wrangler,(PENDING ON PLAYER)

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Blautsager/Overdose,Stock Medigun,Ubersaw
Snipah-Machina/Cuntsman,SMG or Jarate,Shiverman Trib or Bushawka
Spy-Enforcer,Dead Ringer,Big Earner

Thats my loadout

I'm bad at aiming on the PC but I'm 2nd prestige on MW2 on the Xbox…

…yeeaahh, that didn't sound skillful, did it?

Point is, I can't aim well on the PC but can aim well on the Xbox.

Overall, though, I can't help.

How long have you been playing? What classes do you play? What weapons do you have? Did you play/watch Tutorials? Etc. Etc. I need to know this kind of stuff so I can give helpful advice you're looking for.

But anyways check the Teamfortress Wiki, and the Strategy Page, Tons of useful info there, and here's some Youtube videos that may or may not help you, Hope this will be helpful for now.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT

Personally, I find the pyro, demoman, and heavy to be the easiest classes to use. That's not to say they are better, just that I'm more successfull with them. Just jump into a game of payload race and have fun!

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Better idea:

Be stupid like me

(Hey, someone had to post it.)

Instead, don't start playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

(Had to expect me to post that.)

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:08PM EDT

Take it from a decent Pyro:
W+M1 DOES NOT WORK.
Playing Pyro is a hard job. You need to Spycheck, airblast, and torch your way through several people to get the job done. Using the primary all the time doesn't work. You'll find yourself needing your seconday a lot, especially if you like to light them on fire then pump them full of lead. First, a few tips:
1. Spycheck EVERYONE you see. Spies can seriously fuck your team up. Make sure they don't by using a small puff of flame on every moving player you see. If you do find one and they get out of range of your primary, switch to your secondary and try to finish them off. A dead Spy is better than a still burning but alive one.
2. Airblast is a good tool. Use it. Help your team by clearing out enemy stickies and blasting rockets right back at the idiot who launched it at you. When facing an enemy Uber, airblast them to throw off their aim and mess up their plan.
3. Help the Engineers. If you like airblasting and support, stick near Engie nests. Airblast enemy explosives away from key buildings, Spycheck, and use the Homewrecker to remove Sappers. Help them out, they can keep the team going.
4. Don't be afraid to pull out your melee and smack the crap outta someone. This is key with the Axtinguisher or Powerjack. The Axtinguisher crits on burning enemies, and the Powerjack gets you 75 health on kill, even granting overheal if your health is high enough.
5. Remember your weakness: Range. You have little to no ranged attacks. Choose your battles wisely. For example, never go up against a Heavy. His minigun will shred you to bits long before you get in range to use your primary.
6. You rely heavily on ambushes. Memorize alternate pathways through maps to suprise enemies. Remember, pick fights carefully. You may have the advantage when it comes to suprise, but there are still some conflicts you just can't win.
7. Light chunks of enemy forces on fire at one. This is especially important when the opposing team attempts to make a push. A bunch of enemies screaming in panic running for health packs is a lot less dangerous than a bunch of them about to make a push.
Now, on to loadouts:
This one is a personal favorite.
1. Degreaser+Reserve Shooter+Powerjack+Attendent (Hat)
This is the Gas Jockey's set with a Reserve Shooter. This is for quicker switch times and puts heavy emphasis on switching between the primary and secondary weapons. The Degreaser gives a faster switch time between every weapon. This is made even more effective if you're switching to the Reserve Shooter (Which has a switch time bonus, but only if you're switching to it rather than the Degreaser increasing switch time for ALL weapons), which decreases switch time by 70%. Since the Reserve Shooter crits on airborne enemies, use the Degreaser's airblast to get opponents in the air, then switch for crits. The set's overall advantage lies in its 10% speed boost, which makes the Pyro the 2nd fastest class out there, topped only by Scout. The downside is that the Pyro is 10% more vulnerable to bullets.
2. Backburner+Shotgun+Back Scratcher
This is for a Pyro who likes to go behind enemy lines and ambush people. The BB crits from behind, so sneak behind people to kill them quicker. The Back Scratcher does the most damage out of all Pyro melee weapons, on the downside that healing from Medics and Dispensors slows a lot. But health packs heal more with it equiped, so its ideal if you're behind enemy lines without Medics.
3. Degreaser+Flare Gun+Axtinguisher
This is for the assasin Pyro. The Degreaser's quicker switch time allows for crit combos with both of the other weapons. Both the Axtinguisher and the Flare Gun crit on burning enemies, so use the Degreaser to ignite enemies before finishing them off with your secondary or melee.
That's all I can think of for now. Hope this helps.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 06:25PM EDT

Quantum Meme wrote:

I'm bad at aiming on the PC but I'm 2nd prestige on MW2 on the Xbox…

…yeeaahh, that didn't sound skillful, did it?

Point is, I can't aim well on the PC but can aim well on the Xbox.

Overall, though, I can't help.

You could get one of those Xbox controller hookups that plug into your PC.
Also, it may have something to do with your look speed. For instance, I'm hopeless at any FPS I play unless my look speed is somewhere near max.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

inb4negstorm

I know, right? I know I'm gonna get carpet bombed for it.

Even if I was trying to be funny by pointing out my own tendencies.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Better idea:

Be stupid like me

First off, no, fuck you. I'll keep playing team fortress. Second, the two aren't really comparable. That would be like me saying " quit playing Mario Kart, play Forza 4". Third, believe or not, it is possible to play both games. Lastly, stop being a fanboy

Dac wrote:

First off, no, fuck you. I'll keep playing team fortress. Second, the two aren't really comparable. That would be like me saying " quit playing Mario Kart, play Forza 4". Third, believe or not, it is possible to play both games. Lastly, stop being a fanboy

1. Suit yourself. I just happen to think games should build themselves around a strong single player experience first, then have multiplayer built from that.
  2. True enough, it is like comparing a kart racer to a hardcore sim. Still, you should know that I'm not the type for "wacky hijinks".
  3. Of course it is. I'd just rather play GR by itself.
  4. When you stop being a brony. Lolz.

@Pyro
Let me make your post less of a gaint wall of text

Pyro's post in Textile form:

W+M1 DOES NOT WORK.

Playing Pyro is a hard job. You need to Spycheck, airblast, and torch your way through several people to get the job done. Using the primary all the time doesn’t work. You’ll find yourself needing your seconday a lot, especially if you like to light them on fire then pump them full of lead.

• 1. Spycheck EVERYONE you see. Spies can seriously fuck your team up. Make sure they don’t by using a small puff of flame on every moving player you see. If you do find one and they get out of range of your primary, switch to your secondary and try to finish them off. A dead Spy is better than a still burning but alive one.
  • 2. Airblast is a good tool. Use it. Help your team by clearing out enemy stickies and blasting rockets right back at the idiot who launched it at you. When facing an enemy Uber, airblast them to throw off their aim and mess up their plan.
  • 3. Help the Engineers. If you like airblasting and support, stick near Engie nests. Airblast enemy explosives away from key buildings, Spycheck, and use the Homewrecker to remove Sappers. Help them out, they can keep the team going.
  • 4. Don’t be afraid to pull out your melee and smack the crap outta someone. This is key with the Axtinguisher or Powerjack. The Axtinguisher crits on burning enemies, and the Powerjack gets you 75 health on kill, even granting overheal if your health is high enough.
  • 5. Remember your weakness: Range. You have little to no ranged attacks. Choose your battles wisely. For example, never go up against a Heavy. His minigun will shred you to bits long before you get in range to use your primary.
  • 6. You rely heavily on ambushes. Memorize alternate pathways through maps to suprise enemies. Remember, pick fights carefully. You may have the advantage when it comes to suprise, but there are still some conflicts you just can’t win.
  • 7. Light chunks of enemy forces on fire at one. This is especially important when the opposing team attempts to make a push. A bunch of enemies screaming in panic running for health packs is a lot less
    dangerous than a bunch of them about to make a push.

This one is a personal favorite.

• 1. Degreaser+Reserve Shooter+Powerjack+Attendent (Hat)
    This is the Gas Jockey’s set with a Reserve Shooter. This is for quicker switch times and puts heavy emphasis on switching between the primary and secondary weapons. The Degreaser gives a faster switch time between every weapon. This is made even more effective if you’re switching to the Reserve Shooter (Which has a switch time bonus, but only if you’re switching to it rather than the Degreaser increasing switch time for ALL weapons), which decreases switch time by 70%. Since the Reserve Shooter crits on airborne enemies, use the Degreaser’s airblast to get opponents in the air, then switch for crits. The set’s overall advantage lies in its 10% speed boost, which makes the Pyro the 2nd fastest class out there, topped only by Scout. The downside is that the Pyro is 10% more vulnerable to bullets.
  • 2. Backburner+Shotgun+Back Scratcher
    This is for a Pyro who likes to go behind enemy lines and ambush people. The BB crits from behind, so sneak behind people to kill them quicker. The Back Scratcher does the most damage out of all Pyro melee weapons, on the downside that healing from Medics and Dispensors slows a lot. But health packs heal more with it equiped, so its ideal if you’re behind enemy lines without Medics.
  • 3. Degreaser+Flare Gun+Axtinguisher
    This is for the assasin Pyro. The Degreaser’s quicker switch time allows for crit combos with both of the other weapons. Both the Axtinguisher and the Flare Gun crit on burning enemies, so use the Degreaser to ignite enemies before finishing them off with your secondary or melee.
    That’s all I can think of for now. Hope this helps.

@Thomas

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 06:44PM EDT

1. Suit yourself. I just happen to think games should build themselves around a strong single player experience first, then have multiplayer built from that.
  2. True enough, it is like comparing a kart racer to a hardcore sim. Still, you should know that I'm not the type for "wacky hijinks".
  3. Of course it is. I'd just rather play GR by itself.
  4. When you stop being a brony. Lolz.

So then why do you play Call of duty?lol
Not all games need single player. Games like counter strike, team fortress, Battlefield 1942. If you want it, look elsewhere, but don't think that others think the same way.
About my being a brony, if I didn't have the avatar, you wouldn't even know I was one, so why do you always bring it up.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT

Better idea:

Be stupid like me

Have you ever considered that maybe he likes TF2? Maybe he hates those Tom Clancy games you never shut the hell up about.

Dac wrote:

So then why do you play Call of duty?lol
Not all games need single player. Games like counter strike, team fortress, Battlefield 1942. If you want it, look elsewhere, but don't think that others think the same way.
About my being a brony, if I didn't have the avatar, you wouldn't even know I was one, so why do you always bring it up.

1. I prefer Crysis and Ghost Recon. They are my primary shooters.
  2. I understand that everyone thinks differently, but to me the single player always comes first. The older Battlefield games I choose not to play because of their focus on multiplayer. Hell, my first BF game period was Bad Company.
  3. True enough. Still, I don’t like your kind.

Seal wrote:

Have you ever considered that maybe he likes TF2? Maybe he hates those Tom Clancy games you never shut the hell up about.

I'm not trying to shove it down their throat. I'm just giving a suggestion. You had to think I'd post something that I like, right?

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 06:57PM EDT

2. I understand that everyone thinks differently, but to me the single player always comes first. The older Battlefield games I choose not to play because of their focus on multiplayer. Hell, my first BF game period was Bad Company.

Seal wrote:

I'm not trying to shove it down their throat. I'm just giving a suggestion. You had to think I'd post something that I like, right?

I know, you have a right to your own suggestion but do you always have to mention stuff like this? Instead of telling him to play another game why don't you try and help give him a suggestion?

Seal wrote:

Like whatever you want dude, I'm not judging. Just let people like what they want. About bronies, don't judge me based on just that. I'm sure we could find quite a bit of things in common, I'm quite a fan of rally racing and have a ktm250 4 stroke and a yamaha 250 2 stroke. I know you like that stuff. Just try to actually get to know me, if you still don't like me after that, fair enough. But stop always judging me on something I just happen to be a casual can of. Damn

GIANTDAD wrote:

I know, you have a right to your own suggestion but do you always have to mention stuff like this? Instead of telling him to play another game why don't you try and help give him a suggestion?

I've already stated that I'm not the type for "wacky hijinks", so in the event that the one I'm suggesting to is that type, they reserve the right to ignore me.

If not, I made a suggestion of a franchise that has generally been of high quality.

Dac wrote:

Like whatever you want dude, I’m not judging. Just let people like what they want. About bronies, don’t judge me based on just that. I’m sure we could find quite a bit of things in common, I’m quite a fan of rally racing and have a ktm250 4 stroke and a yamaha 250 2 stroke. I know you like that stuff. Just try to actually get to know me, if you still don’t like me after that, fair enough. But stop always judging me on something I just happen to be a casual can of. Damn

Just don't post ponies all over my Wall. I'll delete every single one.

I mean it. /sincerity

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT

Excuse me but I thought this thread was about giving OP Advice in Team Fortress 2, not a thread about suggesting OP video games to play.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT

NottaWotta wrote:

Excuse me but I thought this thread was about giving OP Advice in Team Fortress 2, not a thread about suggesting OP video games to play.

I gave advice.

It may not have been advice for the game, but it was advice.

Nair…the rules clearly state that if you have nothing solid to add to the conversation, don't post. You had nothing to add besides "Play this game, its better" which did not adhear to the current topic. Please, post smarter. Or else I'll beat it into you with my Powerjack

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT

I gave advice.

But he asked advice for the Game Thomas.

I gave advice.

How would you like it if you made a mythbusters thread and someone posted "You should stop watching that and watch Friendship is Magic."
If you have nothing on-topic to say, Say nothing at all.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:15PM EDT

NottaWotta wrote:

How would you like it if you made a mythbusters thread and someone posted "You should stop watching that and watch Friendship is Magic."
If you have nothing on-topic to say, Say nothing at all.

I actually wouldn't mind. I'd downvote it, because I don't agree, but I wouldn't mind.

It getting derailed, which I by no means intended for this thread(/sincerity), that would piss me off.

And I gave the only advice I thought appropriate.

You gave advice that wasn't needed. That's like someone asks you to help them with their math homework yet you tell them good tips on fishing. It's completely irrelevant and it makes people wanna look at you and say "What?"

I actually wouldn't mind. I'd downvote it, because I don't agree, but I wouldn't mind.

It getting derailed, which I by no means intended for this thread(/sincerity), that would piss me off.

If it would make you mad if someone derail your thread, Then you should not do it to other people's threads. Post somewhere unless you have some useful advice for playing Team Fortress 2.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:20PM EDT

Sunhammer wrote:

Its official. Nair is a troll. No one can be this stupid or ignorant on purpose. Well, no choice but to lock the thread and burn him alive.

I vote the second option.

NottaWotta wrote:

If it would make you mad if someone derail your thread, Then you should not do it to other people's threads. Post somewhere unless you have some useful advice for playing Team Fortress 2.

I told you I didn't mean to derail it. Everyone dogpiling on me because I choose to be different is what caused the derail.

How to survive TF2
1. Make Scrap Metal.
2. Buy a weapon for a SM
3. Sell the Weapon for 2SM.You gain 2 Scrap Metal!
4. Repeat 2-3
5. ????
6. PROFIT!

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:26PM EDT

I told you I didn't mean to derail it. Everyone dogpiling on me because I choose to be different is what caused the derail.

Okay. Fuck it that's it. Verbs even came onto the thread just to try and get you to stop but did that work? No it didn't. And the reason why were all barking at you is because you derailed the thread by telling the OP to play a different game. No that's not how it works here.

Bad Thomas.

I guess the only advice for TF2 itself is to just have fun.

If you're not enjoying yourself, you shouldn't play the game.

Myself, I'd say to disregard your K/D ratio and just play.

Clubba posted:

Okay. Fuck it that’s it. Verbs even came onto the thread just to try and get you to stop but did that work? No it didn’t. And the reason why were all barking at you is because you derailed the thread by telling the OP to play a different game. No that’s not how it works here.

Bad Thomas.

Look at what I wrote above the quote block here.

See? I'm helping.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT

I guess the only advice for TF2 itself is to just have fun.

If you're not enjoying yourself, you shouldn't play the game.

Myself, I'd say to disregard your K/D ratio and just play.

Clubba posted:

Okay. Fuck it that’s it. Verbs even came onto the thread just to try and get you to stop but did that work? No it didn’t. And the reason why were all barking at you is because you derailed the thread by telling the OP to play a different game. No that’s not how it works here.

Bad Thomas.

Look at what I wrote above the quote block here.

See? I'm helping.

Alright you may have stopped this little shitstorm before it turned into a hurricane but let me tell you one thing mister….

I've got my eye on you

(Backs away into corner.)

I've already stated that I'm not the type for "wacky hijinks", so in the event that the one I'm suggesting to is that type, they reserve the right to ignore me.

If not, I made a suggestion of a franchise that has generally been of high quality.

Dac wrote:

Like whatever you want dude, I’m not judging. Just let people like what they want. About bronies, don’t judge me based on just that. I’m sure we could find quite a bit of things in common, I’m quite a fan of rally racing and have a ktm250 4 stroke and a yamaha 250 2 stroke. I know you like that stuff. Just try to actually get to know me, if you still don’t like me after that, fair enough. But stop always judging me on something I just happen to be a casual can of. Damn

Just don't post ponies all over my Wall. I'll delete every single one.

I mean it. /sincerity

You'll delete every single one! I'm scared dude. Anyways, I don't think I've ever posted anything pony anywhere on this site besides on the pony general. Ive posted more colonel sanders than mlp to be honest. So dont act like I spam it.

Anyways, just start playing online, eventually you'll get the hang of it.
Also, watch out for gross sprays.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT

Jokes you say?

Why doesn't the spy have any friends?
-Hes a backstabber.

Why didn't the engineer cross the road?
-He didn't have a teleporter up

Why did The Heavy call Spider-man?
-He was sick and tired of the Sandman.

Iced Hot Chocolate wrote:

Ok I guess we are back on topic.

Thing about TF2 is to not take the game seriously and just play the game and you will get better.
Also don't buy anything in the store if you are F2P, except like a $.50 thing to trade with people.

You get Item restrictions if you're FP2 and you can only get a min of $5 on steam, So I say get $5 and Buy a Sicky Jumper, a Key and a Gift.

Dac wrote:

Why oh why did you bother to reply to that post?

Here is our TF2 page. It should fill you in on all our in-jokes. Notsocool's videos, and his tip on what to buy with your 5$ to get out of free-to-play are very good tips to start you off. Also, Pyro definitely brought up some good points For when you play his class. I figure I might throw in some tips with my best class, spy.

1. You can disguise as friendlies. Do this before you get behind enemy lines. Disguising as enemies only works when you are charging with your opponents, towards your base, so running at them disguised as them makes it obvious you're a spy. Disguising as a friendly makes it difficult to keep tabs on how many of each class your team has, and you can still use your revolver or cloak if you're caught. Disguise as a Pyro with the ambassador and people will back up, doing less damage across distance, allowing you to line up an easy headshot that isn't affected by damage dropoff across distance. Disguise as a scout or a sniper to look unassuming, yet inconspicuous if you just want to sneak by. Classes like these are typically ignored when heavy hitters like heavies and soldiers are around. Disguise as heavy or soldier when you are standing at the front gate on offense, so the opposition assumes you are going to royaly wreck their shit when the match starts. Back up and cloak right before the match starts and they'll be looking for a bigger class, not a spy.

2. Use the revolver. DO NOT TRY TO FACESTAB IF YOU GET CAUGHT. Knife may get an instantkill on backstab, but his melee from the front is one of TF2's weakest. The revolver does about 60 damage up close, and isn't random due to a pesky spread like a shotgun. However, no spread means you can't accidentally tickle them with buckshot if you miss, so make every shot count.

3. Ambush people. Hide around corners. Jump down from above. Find the paths less traveled. Find safe areas to uncloak and change disguises. Spy has to know the maps better than anyone else.

4. Pick up all the ammo boxes and dropped weapons when cloaked. They refill you meter, allowing you to stay invisible longer.

5. You are never completely invisible. You leave a barely noticeable shimmer, which becomes more noticeable when you are bumped by someone. Even if you're cloaked, you still need to stay away from people. Some are extra observant, some might accidentally bump you, or worse, you could get caught in the crossfire.

6. Never uncloak near enemies. You make a sound when you uncloak, letting the more observant folk know there is a spy behind them. Instead, find a secluded area to uncloak, then disguise as an enemy.

7. When in disguise, your actions should compliment your appearance. Think like the enemy. Go where they would go. Maybe you can get away with shouting for a medic if you disguise a class such as soldier or heavy. Camping in the enemy base looking for the right target? Disguise as a sniper. Disguising as scout is generally bad due to speed difference, but you can sometimes (albeit, not often) fool others by jumping around a lot. People see you hopping around like a jackass and think, "Oh, he can't stop jumping, so he must really be the A.D.D. class and not a spy." However, you also don't have a double jump, so you're not that convincing. Overall, avoid disguising as enemy scouts.

8. I'm bored. Gonna go play some TF2. Somebody leave some scout tips so I can stop sucking as him.

Scout tips? Alright then

Presenting: The Scout

The Scout has the lowest HP but the highest speed. He can double jump which allows him to reach high places, cross chasms and change polarity in mid flight. The scattergun is very powerful when used correctly. So if you love fast paced, high adrenaline action like I do, you will love the Scout.

Using the Scout effectively takes skill and practice. It pays to have previous experience playing fast paced deathmatch shooters like Quake and Unreal Tournament if you play Scout. I advise having a high mouse sensitivity and a quick reflex.

Skilled Scout players are among the most dangerous foes you face because they can be hard to hit and can easily deliver damage in return. They can even take down Heavies without being hit just by dancing over their heads and never allowing the Heavy to draw a bead

The Role

1. First and foremost: The Scout is for capturing objectives!. You are not a Brawler, stop wasting your time attacking players and go for the objective. The Scout captures control points and pushes carts faster (not to mention he can get there sooner) and of course he can get away with the enemy intelligence faster. Focus on getting the objectives and leave the rest to other classes.

2. Flank the enemy. Don't you hate it when scouts come out of nowhere behind you and fill your spine with shotgun pellets? Of course you do and that's why you should do it. Scouts are effective at slipping past enemy defenses and coming from the rear, in fact they are most dangerous when they do. Try to be stealthy, use your speed and double jump to cross the map non-conventionally and make hit&run attacks where you are least expected.

3. Pick off the weak. Scouts are also effective at harassment. Its possible for the scout to close in on Snipers or Engies quickly before they are prepared. If you encounter a Heavy and Medic, always target the medic. A sneaky scout that interferes with snipers, medics and Engies can easily win the game for the team. Note that the Spy does all of that better so if you have a good Spy on your team, don't worry about harassment unless you want to help your spies out.

4. Don't assault defended positions unless you really know what you are doing. Sentry? Leave it the fuck alone. Soldiers and spies can take care of sentries but not you. Scouts suck against sentries, even badly placed ones. If you cannot avoid a sentry, then switch to a soldier or spy and take it out.

5. Be a diversion. If all else fails, just be a real pain in the ass. You might buy your team some time just by fucking with them

Equipement

1. The scattergun: Your default weapon and also the most powerful, recommended if you have to go against tough targets like soldiers and heavies.

2. Force of Nature: Everyone loves this. Capable of one hit kills at point blank range against the lesser armored targets. Rewards good aim. You can use its recoil to give you a momentum boost and reach even higher places

3. Soda Popper: My favorite. Its like the force of nature but you get a damage bonus every 30 seconds if you run non-stop. With careful timing you can kick serious ass with it.

4. Bonk Soda: I love this thing. Makes you invincible for 10 seconds but you cannot attack. Use it to slip past sentries, demomen and heavies. The Bonk is a great way to escape a blockaded spawn and wreak havoc behind enemy lines. The Bonk is also commonly used for distracting sentries while a Teammate takes them out. One of the videos in this thread demonstrated that.

5. Mad Milk: Throw it at enemies and they get coated in milk. You leech health off milk soaked enemies. Good for improving your survival chances

6. Sandman: Lowers health but gives you the ability to stun players with a baseball. Excellent for harassment missions and countering Heavies. The longer the strike distance, the longer the stun.

7. Candy Cane: Rewards you with a health pack after each kill. Very useful when dealing with Pyro's because even if you kill a Pyro they always set you on fire. But with the Candy Cane you can extinguish yourself with the health pack dropped afterwards. Saved my ass many times.

Countering a Scout

1. Put a sentry where you expect one. Make sure its in open ground (a skilled scout can kill a sentry by using the corner as cover) and the Scout cannot to a damned thing about it except Bonk past.

2. Be a Soldier and fire rockets where the scout lands, if the scout has a Candy Cane or Sandman, he will explode like TNT

3. Sticky bombs.

4. The Syringe gun is surprisingly effective agaisnt scouts

5. Be a Heavy and make sure you tune up your mouse sensitivity, otherwise scouts will just jump circles around you

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 08:41AM EDT

if your going to play medic, two words.

Heavy/Medic. (no shit)

You can also play Pyro/Medic if no heavy is immediately available. Not quite as effective as the classic Heavy/Medic combo but still more or less a walking rape machine.

Aslo Pyro/Medic beats Heavy/Mmedic in one on one since the pyro has directional splash which can hit the heavy and the medic at the same time

Another thing you have to do if you play medic (if you have gotten this far up the achievement list) is to learn to exploit ze ubersaw (oh baby).

step 1. find another medic with an ubersaw

step 2. heal him while he beats things to death with it

step 3. he ubercharges the two of you and then you start beating things to death with your ubersaw

step 4. repeat the process in reverse

Congratulations, you are now op!

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 09:53AM EDT

I got some tips for you if you plan on being a demoman or spy.

If your a spy try to cloak when people aren't around you and don't shapeshift around your team mates or when cloaked because if you do so people will notice the giant cloud of smoke coming out from you and people will wonder what a member of their own team is doing with the enemy team. And if you trying to backstab someone who has their ass pressed against a wall then take out your revolver and bust as many caps into them as you can. Try to do it out of their line of site that way their going to have to find you first.

IF your a demoman then if your being chased by people then lay down a few stickes where your going and detonate them.if fighting a large group of badies then toss as many grenades at them as you can. You can roll them but it wont do as much damage. When fighting engineers try to lay down 2 or 3 stickies at their buildings because it could kill them instantly.

These are kinda basic but it's alright i guess.

@BSoD
I suppose I need to focus a bit more on stealth and objectives. I know people can run circles around heavies, but I can't do that quite so well, so I guess I should take a less offensive role in favor of a more supportive one. Also, you forgot Crit-a-cola. One of my personal favorites. The increased damage makes you a bit more effective across distances. I used it with the shortstop to counter a sticky spammer on Nucleus earlier.

I got to play TF2 for the first time in a while, and I somehow managed to stop being good as my best classes, and start doing better as my worst classes. So, I actually did terrible as spy, yet good as scout before getting any tips. What's up with that? ¯\(°_o)/¯

@404
No. Pocket Medic is what bad medics do. Heal EVERYONE. If a heavy can't keep himself alive long enough for you to heal someone else, he's terrible and deserves to lose. A full team with overheal beats a heavy with overheal any day. Give demo or soldier an uber if you need to take out sentries. Give Heavy or pyro uber if you need to clear out huge crowds quickly,heavy in open areas, pyro in close corridors. if you have a kritzkrieg, take note of your teammates loadouts. PROTIP: Sniper may not seem like the guy to uber, but his SMG is fast, accurate, and does about 45 damage with crits. I don't know if sniper bodyshots are affected by Kritzkrieg though, but if they are, all the more reason to krtz uber them. Other than that, kritz uber heavies, demos, soldiers, maybe even a scout if you find one that's a good team player (but that's rare, so don't count on a scout unless you are 100% sure he's awesome). Pyro, generally just okay with the kritz. Most of 'em will W+M1, thinking nothing can defeat them with their massive damage. Which usually works in very, very close quarters, but these jackasses will usually get you killed by bum-rushing if you're in an open area.

Also, Heavy/Medic beats Pyro/Medic due to Heavy's range and the minigun's pushback. Pyro only wins if he catches heavy off guard. In addition, double Ubersaw medics is annoying. Only do it if you don't care if people like you. If you ever fight this duo, pick pyro and airblast them away until their uber is gone. Then, kill them with your primary or secondary weapon. Do NOT try to axtinguish them! The Ubersaw crits SO DAMN OFTEN, YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT. They will one-hit you in a melee fight, so axtinguishing is gambling on who will hit first.

One last medic tip: Despite what many think, Quick Fix is NOT useless. Just situational. Use it when a LOT of your teammates are clumped together, taking on the enemy as a group. The quick-fix allows you to heal one person very quickly, so they can get back out in the fight quicker, making it suitable for healing large crowds because of its speed. Also, the speed makes it the best medigun for battle medics, especially with the overdose due to the fact that the uber is not that useful.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!