Forums / Just For Fun

309,906 total conversations in 8,349 threads

+ New Thread

Alternative Universe: KYM Edition

Last posted Jul 28, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT. Added Jun 04, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT
496 conversations with 51 participants

@Zarathh

Not sure…

I’ll have to do everyone request that I haven’t done. Which is a pain. Not that I hate doing, it just gets me a bit tired.

Jul 09, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT

@Mexican

Here’s my character:

Pense is a unicorn human that loves to draw. He can walk on two legs with ease, actually faster running on two legs than on four. A typical jokester, most jokes being unfunny or sarcastic. He runs a image making factory, that basically has a machine that you throw anything into one side of the machine, and out comes a random picture of anything from the other side. He uses this for his profit making, hoping that someone will buy this useless machine for a rediculous amount of money. Not exactly the best at fighting, he can still help out when others are in danger. He has yellow and orange hair. He normally wears sunglasses and a hoodie.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

@Zarathh

Not sure…

I’ll have to do everyone request that I haven’t done. Which is a pain. Not that I hate doing, it just gets me a bit tired.

You don’t have to do everyone’s requests. You can just pick out the ones you like, and draw them to the best you can do. They’ll still be pleased.

Drawing here is like hats on TF2. Everyone wants them, and only some people have them. (being able to draw is what I mean by that)

Besides bro, you’re one of the best artists on KYM. I really mean that.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT

Megalolzors wrote:

@Mexican

Here’s my character:

Pense is a unicorn human that loves to draw. He can walk on two legs with ease, actually faster running on two legs than on four. A typical jokester, most jokes being unfunny or sarcastic. He runs a image making factory, that basically has a machine that you throw anything into one side of the machine, and out comes a random picture of anything from the other side. He uses this for his profit making, hoping that someone will buy this useless machine for a rediculous amount of money. Not exactly the best at fighting, he can still help out when others are in danger. He has yellow and orange hair. He normally wears sunglasses and a hoodie.

I’ll allow it.
But if I see one post of an argument about ponies (which is one of the MAIN things i’m trying to avoid) then I’ll lock the thread and never do this again. Nothing against you or any other brony, i’m just taking precautions.

Note: That’s why I’m letting Thomas get too involved with the story.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT

Finishing up the rules:

If you don’t like these rules then I recommend you leave.

1) I am the “boss” of the roleplay. I’m the creator of the thread and the RP therefore you must respect the decisions I make.

2)You must have a character in the other thread(this one) and it must be approved by me.

3)Keep Out-Off-Character and In-Character Separate. If you have some kind of bullshit to deal with someone OOC, take it outside the RP.

4)No God-modding. You’re not God.

5)No MetaGaming. You can’t know everything of the other character like magic.

6)Be realistic. If you get in a fight, you’re gonna get punched. If your character somehow dodges an attack, explain why. But again he can’t dodge every attack.(See rule 4)

7)Your actions always has consequences. Deal with it.

8)You cannot kill another persons character without there permission.

9)If you cannot participate or contribute at the moment, Please say so.

10)Respect other players and respect their right to have fun.

Done and done.

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:40AM EDT

My character already has hypnosis and very accurate shot .
Plus I AM GOD
So I already have a decent advantage over the rest of the people.
I am lawful evil. I still follow the rules, but yet still be evil.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT

A little more to my character, he has a magic pencil that can bring anything he draws to life, so he uses this in combat, though he can only use one drawing at a time.He can draw a minion, a bridge to get across a ravine, a helmet, food, etc. The story behind the pencil was that he was lost in a forest for over a week, living on meat he got from dead animals lying around. He proceeded through the forest until he came to a small hut, with tree stumps scattered around the area. When he walked into the hut, he saw an old man chanting something at a frog, changing it into a cup of water. The wizard tuned to Pense, asking if he was thirsty. He said yes, and took the water and drank it the whole cup in one gulp.

For a year, he and the wizard, who he found was named Newt, worked together in spells and alchemy, the wizard being Pense’s teacher, of course. After a year had passed, Newt had told Pense that the world is going to need him soon, and that he learned all the wizard could teach him. Newt gave him a present, then gave him directions to a nearby city. Pense said goodbye and left to find the city. At night, when Pense set up camp before continuing on to the city, he opened the present and found a pencil and a notebook inside. He wrote inside the notebook a simple apple, and a real apple appeared in front of him. He then drew a hat, then the apple changed to become a hat. He drew up food, ate, then went to sleep for the night. This is how he obtained the enchanted pencil.

If it’s no trouble, could you draw him too?

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 10:54AM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 10:43AM EDT

Megalolzors wrote:

A little more to my character, he has a magic pencil that can bring anything he draws to life, so he uses this in combat, though he can only use one drawing at a time.He can draw a minion, a bridge to get across a ravine, a helmet, food, etc. The story behind the pencil was that he was lost in a forest for over a week, living on meat he got from dead animals lying around. He proceeded through the forest until he came to a small hut, with tree stumps scattered around the area. When he walked into the hut, he saw an old man chanting something at a frog, changing it into a cup of water. The wizard tuned to Pense, asking if he was thirsty. He said yes, and took the water and drank it the whole cup in one gulp.

For a year, he and the wizard, who he found was named Newt, worked together in spells and alchemy, the wizard being Pense’s teacher, of course. After a year had passed, Newt had told Pense that the world is going to need him soon, and that he learned all the wizard could teach him. Newt gave him a present, then gave him directions to a nearby city. Pense said goodbye and left to find the city. At night, when Pense set up camp before continuing on to the city, he opened the present and found a pencil and a notebook inside. He wrote inside the notebook a simple apple, and a real apple appeared in front of him. He then drew a hat, then the apple changed to become a hat. He drew up food, ate, then went to sleep for the night. This is how he obtained the enchanted pencil.

If it’s no trouble, could you draw him too?

Okay, now I’m seeing a problem with this. How many times can you do these magic drawings in a day? Does it have any drawbacks? Can it do anything drastic like bring an apocalypse or kill an entire army?

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:57AM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

My character already has hypnosis and very accurate shot .
Plus I AM GOD
So I already have a decent advantage over the rest of the people.
I am lawful evil. I still follow the rules, but yet still be evil.

Hypnosis….
Will you use this hypnosis on characters?

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:01AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Okay, now I’m seeing a problem with this. How many times can you do these magic drawings in a day? Does it have any drawbacks? Can it do anything drastic like bring an apocalypse or kill an entire army?

You can use it as much as you want, but you can only have one drawing at a tme. For example, you cant have a drawn sword and a drawn helmet at the same time. When you have a drawing of a helmet, then you draw a sword, the helmet turns into a sword. It can’t cause an apocalypse or kill an army. It can’t make things outside of the planet, like meteors or blackholes or anything. It also can’t make things bigger than a two story house.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:08AM EDT

Megalolzors wrote:

You can use it as much as you want, but you can only have one drawing at a tme. For example, you cant have a drawn sword and a drawn helmet at the same time. When you have a drawing of a helmet, then you draw a sword, the helmet turns into a sword. It can’t cause an apocalypse or kill an army. It can’t make things outside of the planet, like meteors or blackholes or anything. It also can’t make things bigger than a two story house.

Hmm…. Okay….
Just don’t use the while the whole “two story” item thing. Use practical items. And please, not every solution can be drawn into that book.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:17AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Hypnosis….
Will you use this hypnosis on characters?

Only when necessary
If someone starts to make something crazy I simply tell them to stop that and make a different situation.
Or if really really really necessary move the damn story along.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:22AM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Only when necessary
If someone starts to make something crazy I simply tell them to stop that and make a different situation.
Or if really really really necessary move the damn story along.

Fine. Just ask the the other person for his permission before you do.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:24AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Hmm…. Okay….
Just don’t use the while the whole “two story” item thing. Use practical items. And please, not every solution can be drawn into that book.

Alright.
Are you stacked on drawing requests? If it’s no bother, could you draw my character? You don’t have to if you don’t want to.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:24AM EDT

If you didn’t get anything from my backstory, here’s what happened.

He came here with no purpose, except to kill. Teridax is a servant of the abyss. He’s not of this world, he’s more like a pawn who only takes orders from the Lord of the Abyss (and his contracts). He is here because of a target that he killed, but that target had one last request before he died. The dead man wanted him to come to this land and kill the leader of it, so his soul could be freed from the dark magic that bound his soul. Teridax humbly obliged.

He had to go through the sickening planes of hell (4chan, 9gag, Reddit) and the grimy forts (facebook, youtube) in order to find this land. Teridax then became a friend of a citizen of the land. But the citizens plans were to go to the abyss, and kill it’s master. Teridax couldn’t allow it, so he murdered him in cold blood. Teridax regretted killing him, because he had more information on the leader of this land.

Teridax stood before the old leader and tried to fight him. But he failed, so the old leader branded him as a traitor for what he has done. He is ordered to be kill on sight if seen by any of the guards. That’s why Teridax doesn’t live in the city with the others, but he lives deep in the forest where he practices rituals of darkness, trying to return to the Abyss.

I might change this later on, I dunno yet.

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT

Alright I’m starting to remember some of the stuff about Johnathans hobo’s backstory. Okay the setting takes place off in the future in the year of 2022. the technology that they have in Redmont is more advanced that the stuff were using today. Anyway the town used to be nice but after Hobo was forced to drink he went missing for about 1 week. After 1 week the town virtually went to hell. When he was drunk he did something so horrible it completely ruined a fucking town. The goverment saw this as an issue because they noticed that the gangs were large and claiming territory fast. So they decided to seal the town off in the giant barrier perimeter type technology that the Japanese were developing.

Now that i got the setting out of the way i wanna talk plot. Lets say that the encounter of the mysterious stranger was completely planned out for years now. If you notice when the mysterious stranger tackles john hobo he has a silver tattoo on his arm that looks like a dragon breathing fire. Later on in the story Hobo realizes what it meant and learns everything just from that.

Just a bit of plot development.

Jul 10, 2012 at 03:57PM EDT

Okay, I guess I’ll motivate my ass to do some stuff in this. If you get swamped, Mex, I’ll take some of the drawing requests, and help writing or whatever.

I posted my guy forever ago, and still haven’t gotten a backstory up, so here goes:

Staying true to their name, the Badlands were originally very, very bad, a lawless expanse of dusty plains and needle-like rock outcroppings. Bandits prowled, ranchers labored, and everybody was dangerous. Solly knew that as well as anybody, being left alone with his mother, who was far from the toughest being in the Badlands. Forced into a tight spot, he learned the ropes of a gun, and learned how to talk his way into good graces and out of trouble.

Working over several years, he mustered a backing of ranchers, hunters, and anybody else found in the Badlands, and set them loose on each and every bandit that walked the dusty trails. After several months of hunting down the scum of the deserts, the Badlanders found themselves pried from the biggest threat of the area, along with a healthy relationship built up. With that accomplished, the handful of people established a mining town nestled in the protection that the needles provided, away from the dust devils that whipped about the plains. They quickly struck silver, gold, tin, coal, and iron in every direction, firmly finding themselves in possession of valuable resources.

Trade routes were established, and their fingers spread deeper into the needles, shafts and mines building up rapidly. Their technology, formerly consisting of repeater rifles, pickaxes, and good ol’ elbow grease hopped forward with the acquisition of steam engines, drills, and machinery from the outside world. With the machinery, a gun factory was built, the citizens of the settlement knowing their way around every bit and piece of most weaponry. The most diplomatic among them, the one that mustered them together in the first place, Solly, was granted the seat of mayor, which was more or less a glorified mine boss. Years crept on as the town remained a respected supplier of valuable metals, and not much else. Which suited the denizens just fine, having had their share of trouble from bandits for a lifetime.

Solly himself had reached his late 30s by the time the mining town was officially recognized as more than a settlement or a camp, establishing itself as useful in a sense beyond supplying metals and labor. And guns.

Lots and lots of guns.

Jul 11, 2012 at 12:48AM EDT

Keeping the thread alive.

Also @Solaire, Yeah you help in the drawing request.

Jul 12, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT

Read the backstories…

@Zarathh

You’re cool. But please don’t call other websites “the sickening parts of hell”. It’s insulting.

@Seal
Alt Universe, Seal. Japan doesn’t exist here. And pm what your character did that was so horrible so I can approve it.

@Solaire
Your character is okay! Also, mind if my character gets involve with your story? I have a couple of ideas….

Jul 12, 2012 at 02:52PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

should I explain the source of my hypnosis.

Very well…

Jul 12, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT

If Japan doesn’t exist then what should the name of the country that they steal from be named?

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:00PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Read the backstories…

@Zarathh

You’re cool. But please don’t call other websites “the sickening parts of hell”. It’s insulting.

@Seal
Alt Universe, Seal. Japan doesn’t exist here. And pm what your character did that was so horrible so I can approve it.

@Solaire
Your character is okay! Also, mind if my character gets involve with your story? I have a couple of ideas….

Got it boss.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:01PM EDT

@Seal
Whatever you think of! Just think of legit name.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also that goes out for everyone. IRL locations and countries do not exist. Though you can keep the accent, the culture background, the race, the language, etc. from that country or place.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Are there any deities in this universe?

Cats. 3 cats in particular.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT

Okay continent name….what do you guys have in mind?

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT

I’m kinda new to this thread. Can someone help me out?

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT

Greninja wrote:

I’m kinda new to this thread. Can someone help me out?

I’ll try and summaries it fast.

This was originally a thread where you could share your stories and drawings of users set in a Alternative Universe. But I got more in to it and decide to make a Story RP. The new thread that will come out will be based on the User’s character. Right now i’m setting up the story, setting, an the necessary requirements before I start the new thread.

If you want to participate, say so.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT

@Doctor

Could call the continent “Forumsia” or something like that…

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:51PM EDT

My hypnosis is a soft chi technique.
Soft chi is the application of chi for self use, as in increase physical abilities, self healing.
How Ann does his hypnosis. He focuses his chi to his eyes. who ever makes eye contact with him is caught in this technique. However eyes must not be covered or fake, or his hypnosis will fail. If a character is wearing shades, it depends on a number of factors, how tinted the shades are, and how much Ann is putting into his hypnosis.

Hard chi is simply the destructive side of chi. y’know beams, and balls of energy, making things explode when you touch them, pressing pressure points, Flames emitting from hands, yeah destructive side, weapons made from chi.
Magical Energy is the power absorbed by nature, Mana is how much magical energy you have stored in your body. Magic users are usually natural sponges of magical energy. When a magister runs out of magical energy, and used up his source of mana the magister has to take a rest, naturally absorbing the magical energy in the air. Chi on the other hand comes within the body. This is a natural source of energy, more pure in a sense since it comes from within the user. Magical energy may be able to do more stuff, and recharges faster than Chi. Chi is more practical and usually more suited for close ranged combat.
Jul 12, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT

@Mex:

Sure, go ahead and do what you want with the story.

Also, I decided I should describe The Town, which is the actual, legit name of the Badlands mining town. Yeah… they’re not very artistic.

A dusty settlement packed together in the spaces between the large needles that rise up in the middle of the massive canyon at the edge of the Badlands. A low wall of rock and iron corrals the buildings together and helps break what few sandstorms there are that can reach into the canyon. A factory, the largest building in the town, rises up from the center of the settlement, spewing smog and steam as it produces bullets, guns, and replacement parts. There are small hovels and shops packed together, making up the rest of the town. Past them, there are a dozen or more mine shafts with drills making more, minecarts speeding up the labor of the miners, which make up a massive chunk of The Town’s population. Instead of using a prison, The Town favors using forced labor in Hollowhead Shaft, a treacherous mineshaft that twists into a large, nigh-bottomless cavern that contains a wealth of precious metals and geodes.

Also, Wild West Steampunk, because fuck you. Victorian fashion is for sissies.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:23PM EDT

Greninja wrote:

@Mex
Give me an example then I join you.

What type of example you want?

Jul 12, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

What type of example you want?

Something that make me understand this thread.

Jul 12, 2012 at 08:48PM EDT

Greninja wrote:

Something that make me understand this thread.

Not sure… Other then if you want to help others and me make a story of KYM in a AtlUniverse where anything can happen, then you can join. You can also share your ideas like locations for places, users that we should to the story, events that should happen, anything! You can also make your character if you want with his own backstory and skills and involve in the soon to be story(Though it has to be approved by me).

What do you say? I can answer more questions if you want.

Jul 12, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

Defibrillillalator go!

Okay, so, disregarding the revive, I have a question.

Would it be too overpowered if my guy’s hat was enchanted to be the size of a moderately-sized chest if you reach within it? So, he can pull important stuff out of it instead of hammerspace or the bottomless backpack. Kind of like a bunny out of a hat.

Except with guns.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:08AM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Defibrillillalator go!

Okay, so, disregarding the revive, I have a question.

Would it be too overpowered if my guy’s hat was enchanted to be the size of a moderately-sized chest if you reach within it? So, he can pull important stuff out of it instead of hammerspace or the bottomless backpack. Kind of like a bunny out of a hat.

Except with guns.

I can allow it but I’ll need a reasonable explanation for this.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:16AM EDT

Oh hey, just going to be late to the party and stuff, have a request:

Name: Rocket P. Panda
Backstory: One fateful day at a fancy restaurant, one of the chefs preparing some lobster inhaled a bit too much spice and began hallucinating wildly. He grabbed one of the lobsters and ran from the establishment, hiding for an extended period of time while nurturing the lobster and attempting to teach it the ways of intelligent life forms. Eventually the chef regained his sanity and realized what had been happening, however the lobster was gone. Presuming it too was a hallucination, he returned to his normal life with an odd story to tell his buddies. The lobster however was very real and took his teaching seriously, somewhat. It became a mugger, hiding in dark alleys and demanding the wallets of those who passed by using very rudimentary language. After a long stretch of time, lobster had collected a decent sum of money and had learned to speak at an average capability. Using his funds he did what he saw as the only reasonable thing to do, he bought a large amount of car parts, pet gear, and some arts and crafts supplies with which he created a panda suit that supplied him with water and full movement. He then moved into the KYM City and took up residence within “The Pit” (that thing you said was the IRC back on page 6). Befriending the locales he made up a perfectly normal name to go by and began living under the floor boards of The Pit. One day however, after spending a long day with a certain cat deity whose name starts with a K, he decided to tug on his tail. Ever since that day, he has randomly phased in and out of existence at inopportune times. So remember kids, if you happen to be an intelligent lobster that lives in a bar living life as an anthropomorphic panda, don’t tug on chaotic cat god tails. The End.
Appearance: A tall and slim anthropomorphic panda with a cowlick and occasionally a pair of reading glasses, there is a zipper on his upper back that he does not like to have noticed by others.

So yeah hopefully that is good enough. Thanks.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:21AM EDT

@RPP

Damn, it’s late. I’ll read your backstory tomorrow, don’t worry.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:23AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

I can allow it but I’ll need a reasonable explanation for this.

That… that probably won’t pass as a reasonable explanation…

Well, basically, the inside of the hat was enchanted to lead to a small stash in The Town where Solly keeps his items. Wizards, and all that, using reagents to perform permanent enchantments on articles of clothing, as the mechanic usually goes.

Since it’s a hat, though, he can’t pull miniguns out, the thing has to be of the appropriate dimensions, though it can be long to some degree.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:26AM EDT

RocketPropelledPanda wrote:

Oh hey, just going to be late to the party and stuff, have a request:

Name: Rocket P. Panda
Backstory: One fateful day at a fancy restaurant, one of the chefs preparing some lobster inhaled a bit too much spice and began hallucinating wildly. He grabbed one of the lobsters and ran from the establishment, hiding for an extended period of time while nurturing the lobster and attempting to teach it the ways of intelligent life forms. Eventually the chef regained his sanity and realized what had been happening, however the lobster was gone. Presuming it too was a hallucination, he returned to his normal life with an odd story to tell his buddies. The lobster however was very real and took his teaching seriously, somewhat. It became a mugger, hiding in dark alleys and demanding the wallets of those who passed by using very rudimentary language. After a long stretch of time, lobster had collected a decent sum of money and had learned to speak at an average capability. Using his funds he did what he saw as the only reasonable thing to do, he bought a large amount of car parts, pet gear, and some arts and crafts supplies with which he created a panda suit that supplied him with water and full movement. He then moved into the KYM City and took up residence within “The Pit” (that thing you said was the IRC back on page 6). Befriending the locales he made up a perfectly normal name to go by and began living under the floor boards of The Pit. One day however, after spending a long day with a certain cat deity whose name starts with a K, he decided to tug on his tail. Ever since that day, he has randomly phased in and out of existence at inopportune times. So remember kids, if you happen to be an intelligent lobster that lives in a bar living life as an anthropomorphic panda, don’t tug on chaotic cat god tails. The End.
Appearance: A tall and slim anthropomorphic panda with a cowlick and occasionally a pair of reading glasses, there is a zipper on his upper back that he does not like to have noticed by others.

So yeah hopefully that is good enough. Thanks.

Wow, well that one is a weird but nonetheless

I look forward to hear this story.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:01PM EDT

Here’s my avatar’s back story.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Cirno

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:24PM EDT

Cirno XIV wrote:

Here’s my avatar’s back story.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Cirno

Any traits of yourself that you might want to put on that character? I mean, this is an AltWorld. You can make her want you want her to be, let her be you.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:39PM EDT

A OC to be put in the KYM world…
Spores Guy.
Spores used to be a regular cat, doing all the usual cat stuff: Eating, Shitting, Playing, yknow, all that stuff. Anyway, he was abducted by a mad scientist. He was then injected with human DNA. 2 days passed, and he was able to talk, walk, eat, and poo like a human. He was abandoned the same day he gained the personality of a human. He slept under a local tree, then Frank found him.

Done.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!