Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,710 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

MAY I ASK WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS

Last posted Jun 15, 2012 at 07:12PM EDT. Added Jun 14, 2012 at 10:40AM EDT
17 posts from 16 users

A commercial advertising a type of Vitamin Water which focuses on using well-known material spread among the Internet to actually be bought by anyone, which in this case is strongly counter-productive.
Does that answer your question.

Cite wrote:

I like how commercial people think putting in a s**tload of memes that are completely irrelevant will sell products.

If you know the name of the product, and others do as well, and you didn't know about it before, then they've done part of the job. Some people might just see it as a funny, random commercial, and many won't care that they just crammed memes into it.

I already drink and like VitaminWater, so it doesn't affect me, and I don't think you guys drank it to begin with, but I don't think this will do much in terms of sales, bad or good.

Cite wrote:

I like how commercial people think putting in a s**tload of memes that are completely irrelevant will sell products.

EL OH EL U GUISE VITAMIN WATER HAD A COMERSHUL THEIR WUZ NYON KITTEH N HE WUZ LE TROLLIN LE SUPRE SAX GUY LOLOLOLOLOOLO LE MNKEY FAEC

Cite wrote:

I think.

You mean.

Shit-load.

S**tload is not a word.

Shit-load.

Stars are not letters.

Your censorship is weak.

A commercial that include some memes but not shown in an actual context
(a.k.a Forced Meme).

That's not even funny.
It's a disgrace.Even for an ads.

I can't understand why people seem to hate this commercial, Its not like Internet memes should be exclusive to the internet, And their not forcing memes or overuseing them. So why do so many people that hate it?

It's not that memes are being used. It's that these people obviously have no clue why the memes exist in the first place, so they figure that they can pull a Freidberg/Seltzer and just reference everything out of context.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!