Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Dolan: Why is he on the internet?

Last posted Jul 22, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT. Added Jun 14, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
54 posts from 25 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

For some time now, a creepy picture has floated around the internet. Now this picture is not "Jeff The Killer" or "Horrifying Houseguest" creepy, in fact, I dont think anyone knows why he is so creepy. Of course, he is supposed to be a psychotic killer and/or sex addict (According to Know Your Meme) but something else about him is just…creepy. I am tired of seeing his face.

Piano wrote:

is it because he's a duck

what do u have against ducks cooldude

do you support geese

because geese are the enemy

Not because he's a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck. Donald duck has always been my favorite character out of the main disney characters.

Zaratth wrote:

Not because he's a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck. Donald duck has always been my favorite character out of the main disney characters.

"Not because he’s a duck, its that hes a poorly drawn, psychotic duck"

That's why.

Also because Finglish.

Zaratth wrote:

Dolan is a parody of the real Donald. He's not the real deal, doesn't even shares the same name. But this simple style of drawing just appeals to people. Same as people like Rage Comics. They aren't the same, but their similarities and the popularity of Rage Comics shows something as simple as Dolan has the potentional to be popular. Add easy catchphrases and simple characters to the mix, and you have yourself a popular meme.

Reason for you disliking him can be multiple reasons:

1. You like Donald (not romantically, or do you perhaps?), so seeing him get this treatment isn't something you like.
  2. Dolan isn't you type of humor. It's very common actually. You can't like everything or every meme, there are bound to be some you dislike. Dolan is just one of them.
  3. He's overused. After his resurrection a while ago, Dolan is really being used a lot. This can lead to overusage and might make him boring. Remember Arrow to the Knee and how quickly dead died out.
Last edited Jun 14, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Dolan is a parody of the real Donald. He's not the real deal, doesn't even shares the same name. But this simple style of drawing just appeals to people. Same as people like Rage Comics. They aren't the same, but their similarities and the popularity of Rage Comics shows something as simple as Dolan has the potentional to be popular. Add easy catchphrases and simple characters to the mix, and you have yourself a popular meme.

1. You like Donald (not romantically, or do you perhaps?), so seeing him get this treatment isn't something you like.
  2. Dolan isn't you type of humor. It's very common actually. You can't like everything or every meme, there are bound to be some you dislike. Dolan is just one of them.
  3. He's overused. After his resurrection a while ago, Dolan is really being used a lot. This can lead to overusage and might make him boring. Remember Arrow to the Knee and how quickly dead died out.

OHHHHH ARROW TO THE KNEE
Don't remind me of that.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

OHHHHH ARROW TO THE KNEE
Don't remind me of that.

You didn't got reminded of that,

UNTIL YOU TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So le funny, we should post this on Reddit.

Last edited Jun 14, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

You didn't got reminded of that,

UNTIL YOU TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So le funny, we should post this on Reddit.

Zaratth wrote:

HE'S A GOOSE SYMPATHISER

GET HIM

You pretty much answered your own question Cooldude:

Cartoon character + Terribad drawing + Poor grammar + Bloodlust + Vileness = INTERNET SENSATION!

I am not being sarcastic, that is literally what the internet thrives on. Get used to it.

GOOSE SYMPATHIZERS!?

Men, to the dropships! Enemy Goose sympathizers detected! They're allied with the sharks!

This will be the greatest test of your power, men. NOW GO PUNCH THE GOOSE ENCAMPMENT AND THEIR SHARK COMPANIONS!

Last edited Jun 15, 2012 at 01:47PM EDT

Zaratth wrote:

For some time now, a creepy picture has floated around the internet. Now this picture is not "Jeff The Killer" or "Horrifying Houseguest" creepy, in fact, I dont think anyone knows why he is so creepy. Of course, he is supposed to be a psychotic killer and/or sex addict (According to Know Your Meme) but something else about him is just…creepy. I am tired of seeing his face.

He isn't creepy at all to me. All I see is a product of a /b/tard retard.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

RandomMan wrote:

I see your point. I am actually finding myself making references to him a lot though, and even laughing at some of the jokes.

And no, I dont love donald in a romantic way :P

Quantum Meme wrote:

He isn't creepy at all to me. All I see is a product of a /b/tard retard.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

All I see is a poorly drawn, yet partially hilarious duck.

Spores wrote:

Call me anything you want. Rage at me. But…

Dolan is one of my favorite memes.
Umad?

Im okay with the meme now, after doing plenty o' browsing through the comics, I have started to enjoy the meme. Hopefully its not gonna get…

RandomMan wrote:

>Arrow to the knee
Ugh. Would you believe certain sites (thinking of Kongregate here) are actually using that to promote the new DLC? I wish I was kididng.

THE MODS WILL NEVER AGAIN HAVE AUTHORITY OVER US
TRUE, RISE AGAINST NOT ONLY OPPRESSION
RISE AGAINST CRUEL DICTATION
RISE AGAINST HATRED
(Paid for by the offices and supporters of RussianFedora/Alejandro 2012 "Rise Against Oppression" Campaign)

NEVER AGAIN, SHALL THE MODERATORS LOCK A THREAD UNJUSTLY, WITHOUT TRIAL

NEVER AGAIN, SHALL THEY SHADOW-BAN AN INNOCENT USER

WE WILL SAY NO TO THEIR PREJUDICE AGAINST SPAM THREADS

WE WILL RISE, BROTHERS AND SISTERS

WE WILL RISE AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT

AGAINST THE BRUTAL DOCTRINE OF NON-DEMOCRATIC MODERATION

AGAINST THE POWER ABUSE SO WHIMSICALLY EXERTED BY THOSE IN POWER

LIKE A PHOENIX, THEY HAVE BURNED DOWN OUR MOVEMENT, TURNED IT TO ASHES

BUT WE WILL RISE FROM THESE ASHES, AND ONCE AGAIN ASSERT OUR STRENGTH

OUR PRIDE

OUR UNITY

OUR PASSION FOR FREEDOM

SO WALK WITH ME BROTHERS AND SISTERS

AND WE WILL RISE AGAIN!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!