Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Impossibru games

Last posted Jun 19, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT. Added Jun 18, 2012 at 03:41AM EDT
25 posts from 23 users

I consider myself to be a pretty skilled gamer and because of that I rarely encounter games that make me rage like this (literally)

Anyway, to cut to the chase I've been recently playing Dark Souls, which I have finally beaten now, and I must admit that I hadn't been this enfuriated about a game in a VERY long time.
Though in my opinion it is one of the most unforgiving & confusing games out there, I must acknowledge it's talent in keeping you sucked into this brilliant and impossibru world of Dark Souls.

This message will haunt me for many years to come…

Have any of you been playing similar games recently ?

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 03:44AM EDT

For starters:

>Inb4 Battletoads.

As for personal experience. It litterally took me around 10 years to complete The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. True, most of those years I didn't even touch my SNES, but around 10 years nonetheless.

Started when I was 7 or 8 (don't remember). At first I wasn't even able to get to the dark world. I was still young back then, so I forgive myself. After a few months got that done. Took me another jump forward in time to get the fourth maiden in the dark world and the strongest gloves, had so much trouble reaching that portal that got you to the Dark World's village. After that it took quite some time again to get the 6th and 7th maiden. I never knew what to do with the flute. I knew it got you the pigeon from an old save that was on the cartridge when I first got the game, but never knew how to get the pigeon myself. Accidentally got the pigeon sometimes when just fooling around with the flute in the village.

So I finally got all the maidens and everything, strongest sword and shield, all of the items besides that magical cape. But even when I finally discovered how to break the wall on the piramide to get to the fat fairy (which also upgrades your sword to level 4), I never got the brain to throw in my bow and arrow to get the silver arrows needed to defeat Ganon.

So at age 17 I read on the internet about the silver arrows and how you got them from the fat fairy. My SNES was still catching dust, but I tried to plug it in. After that was done, played through the whole game again and at the end finally beated Ganon. The pleasure I felt the moment that tri-force appeared on the screen is something impossible to describe.

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 07:36AM EDT

If you're really bad, Trials HD is NOT the game for you.

Other than that, it's been a long time since I've come across a game that's very difficult (that I bothered to remember).

(Trials HD isn't hard for me though :P)

Wait, wait… N game got REALLY hard, as you went up in episode levels…

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 12:10PM EDT

Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, Stage 4, Normal Mode, this bitch (Patchouli Knowledge).

Seriously, I have literally gotten up to her without losing a single life, but as soon as I run into her, she either wipes me out or leaves me too weak to deal with Sakuya…

Ugh, the favela in MW2 on veteran was a bitch. Also any halo game on legendary, but don't get me started on megaman or castlevania.

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 01:24PM EDT

I thought Dark Souls was way off from the hype.

Overall, it's only truly appealing factor was the difficulty, which really didn't exist. You just have to grind for a very long time, something I can do easily from playing WoW for years. Collect enough souls and eventually you'll be an unkillable monstrosity with a halberd that could tear a hole in reality.

Which raises a game that was truly difficult:

Vanilla World of Warcraft was one of the most difficult things I've ever faced. The raids and dungeons were brutal, long, and were merciless against an ineffective team. Have a tank that can't hold aggro on the mage? Guess what, your healer is now ash, and soon your rogue will be, too.

It was especially frustrating since I mained an Assassination Rogue, which effectively meant my job was to burst out as much DPS as I could before I got hit by a stray AoE with an overkill of five times my health.

And I'm talking about Molten Core and things like that. Y'know, the easy raids.

Don't get me started on Ahn'Qiraj and Naxxramas.

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 01:39PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I thought Dark Souls was way off from the hype.

Overall, it's only truly appealing factor was the difficulty, which really didn't exist. You just have to grind for a very long time, something I can do easily from playing WoW for years. Collect enough souls and eventually you'll be an unkillable monstrosity with a halberd that could tear a hole in reality.

Which raises a game that was truly difficult:

Vanilla World of Warcraft was one of the most difficult things I've ever faced. The raids and dungeons were brutal, long, and were merciless against an ineffective team. Have a tank that can't hold aggro on the mage? Guess what, your healer is now ash, and soon your rogue will be, too.

It was especially frustrating since I mained an Assassination Rogue, which effectively meant my job was to burst out as much DPS as I could before I got hit by a stray AoE with an overkill of five times my health.

And I'm talking about Molten Core and things like that. Y'know, the easy raids.

Don't get me started on Ahn'Qiraj and Naxxramas.

Fridge wrote:

The fuckers that made this should die in a hole.

I agree. I once got that game because I thought "Y'know, maybe people are being too harsh on this game. Maybe if I give it a chance, it won't be all that bad."

NEVER AGAIN.

Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT

If one hard level in a moderately easy game counts,I'd say the Crown level in Super Mario 3D Land.

Otherwise,this game right here:

Hard? Could be. Annoying as hell? You better believe it is.
The hitboxes are total bullshit and the grinding is unforgiving. You need to kill,say,48 winged wyverns to get ONE wing.

That feel when you play a game at a young age, get confused, rage quit and leave it untouched for years UNTIL you, in one of your usual fits of boredom, randomly pick it up again and fly through everything in a breeze. Feels GOOD.

Never made it past the third level. This shit's so hard that I decided to just watch someone else play it on youtube, but even he rage quit by level four or five. The controls on this game were retarded.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!