Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

If humans came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Last posted Jun 21, 2012 at 02:46AM EDT. Added Jun 19, 2012 at 12:43AM EDT
22 posts from 21 users

All the years I spent studying. All the years I spent researching. Every protein fold, thermodynamic reaction, societal mass-interaction, cellular development. My entire life, devoted to proving these hypotheses. And you've ruined it. I was going to publish the crux of my existence's work. I was going to bring about great change for the better. But I never foresaw this… This inevitable proposition. How could I be so ignorant? How could I have overlooked something so intrinsic? I… I don't know what to do. I'm a shattered man. You've ruined my work. You've ruined me.

If humans descend from monkeys, where do monkeys descend from?
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
From trees!

Adam DeLand wrote:

I can explain, but I'll probably bore you.

I can explain, because that was by far the stupidest joke I've ever heard.

At a point in the evolutionary path of apes, the path split up. On one was the ancestor of the apes we see today, the chimpanzees, orangutans, and gorillas. On another was the hominids, the ancestors of modern humans. Here's a chart to illustrate my point:

Humans didn't evolve from monkeys. We simply have a common evolutionary ancestor.

Well, this thread reminded me of something:

The chicken came before the egg according to both the evolution theory and creationism.
Creationism- God created adult chickens to create and care for the first eggs.
Evolution- The first chicken probably came from a mutated dinosaur egg, so the first chicken egg came after the first chicken.

Go ahead, prove me wrong. Make my day.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Pleeeease, topic
No "checkmate atheist" topic will ever be as good as this one:
https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/just-for-fun/topics/15820-if-you-say-jesus-backwards-it-sounds-like-sausage?page=1

The funny thing about this is that Efrain is OP for both of these threads.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!