Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Games you loved as a kid

Last posted Jul 25, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2012 at 07:14AM EDT
75 posts from 59 users

Pretty much all the pokemon games i got my hands on when i was a child. Like pokemon snap and all the mystery dungeon games.

Those games were so fucking wonderful when i was growing up as a kid. It's a damn shame that i had a house fire when 9.

You may or may not have known of this product before…been a while sense I played it but I am thinking of finding it and playing it again. Just for the nostalgia at the least.

This game is what started my entire gaming life for me.

This was the first time I have ever played a RTS game. Thanks to Ages of Empires 2.

Kirby Air Ride, Paper Mario: TTYD, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Party 6 and Harry Potter 1-3 on the computer. I've never read any of the books and have not seen a few of the movies, but I freakin' love those games. They are truely magical in my mind. Also, nostalgia is probably the GameCube's biggest appeal.

Fallout 1 and 2.

Pretty much where I began serious gaming

-
One of the earliest games I played non-stop would be:
Adventure Island (NES)

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT

My parents got this double pack for me when I was in third grade (or somewhere around that). I fired up Melee, chose Mario, and that's how I fell in love with Nintendo games.

Internet meme wrote:

first three of these were bloody great
after that they just
died quality wise

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!!

I forgot all about this game. Until just a few days ago when I found it in one of my old game drawers.

THIS GAME is the Gimmick RPG PERFECTED.
The battle system is awesome. When you get boned by a boss, it's all your fault. It's all based on how good you are as a player, not on how good your characters in the game are.

The humor is a little… "Sugary". It's a little too light-hearted and goofy for my tastes. ("What does an idiot drink? So-duhh!") But that doesn't stop me from liking it. Popple is one of my favorite Mario characters, for instance.

There's also the problem of too many abilities. You got a hammer, Bros Hammer moves, regular jump, Bros Jumps, switching positions, etc, etc. But it only keeps the game interesting. I wouldn't want to use the same four abilities all game.
In fact, the only thing I absolutely DESPISE about this game is those Mini-games.

I haven't beaten it before. But I can tell you right now, it's one of my favorite Mario games – nay – one of my favorite RPGs of all time.
Just go out and play it. You'll thank me.

@Muffins

It's Hamtaro time!

No, Ham-hams, no!

But yeah, I watched that show more than my teenage insecurities allowed for me to comfortably.

As for me:

Between these games and the Sonic games, I became a fan of video game music on its own.

And then this gem and all of it's glorious music…dat percussion around 2:15

Of course, they were fun games too.

Me and my cousin played all the time. He was bright, but competitive. He would take nearly a full minute each turn because he knew I didn't have much patience. Every turn for me ended up being a random move. Goddamn, he was smart for a ten-year-old. It took me 2 years to realize that he always made us play cards in the same position because there was a large mirror behind me so he can see my cards. It was fun, though.

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT

One of the first two games I ever got for N64.

Now, sixteen years later, I still have my original copy. The N64 didn't hold out as long, though.

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 05:48PM EDT

Subway Boss Emmet wrote:

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERS THIS GEM?

Half of the world remember Ocarina Of Time. It has even been redited such recently.
If you really think you are the only one remembering it you have not browsed on internet enough.
Oh! And this is another game I played a lot as a kid:

Better than Super Mario Bros. 2, Just saying.

Aw man, this was the third game I ever owned, and damn did I ever love it. I literally played it to the point where looking at it makes me gag a bit.

Second game I ever owned, I played this thing up until it stopped being able to save. I am pretty much too embarrassed to state the enormous amount of time that it had logged, but I can guarantee it has contributed to my sight problems.

This game, awww this freakin' game. First one I owned, last one I would ever want to play again.

I guess I should mention Pokemon Stadium. I still have the game just in case I have a sudden urge, but I most likely won't because it's only Generation I, which is my least favorite Generation nowadays.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!