Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Irrational Fears

Last posted Jun 26, 2012 at 03:43PM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT
53 posts from 39 users

What thing are you most afraid of, and what is your phobia called (if it has a name)?
I have pteronarcophobia, the fear of flies. Ask Zacharias, he knows.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT

I have an irrational fear of irrational fears. I'm gonna cry in a corner for posting in this thread.

Edit: No, but seriously. At what point does a fear become "irrational"? Honest question because I have some fears but I have no idea if they would count as irrational.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 05:51PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I have an irrational fear of irrational fears. I'm gonna cry in a corner for posting in this thread.

Edit: No, but seriously. At what point does a fear become "irrational"? Honest question because I have some fears but I have no idea if they would count as irrational.

Actually, I guess "irrational" wouldn't be the word… What's your biggest fear, if you have one?
Also, the fear of fears is phobophobia.

I actually use to have a HUGE fear of the dark if I was told to take out the trash at night I would run like a retard and back into the house ASAP. But now all that stuff improved…for the most part it is now more of a minor to a very small fear, only due to paranoia.

But my new MAJOR fear is the death of all intelligent life in all of existence, not just in this universe but the multiverse as well. But it's virtually impossible to do such a thing so I am kind of happy by that fact, but thinking about it can scare the shit out of me…

I'm scared of the usual spiders and such, but I have an incredible fear of heights.

At what point does a fear become “irrational”?

A "fear" becomes irrational when the hatred/anxiety caused by the prescence of an object is… well, irrational. For example, its one thing to be scared of snakes, but it's another thing to be scared of the movie "Snakes on a Plane" for containing snakes.

Last edited Jun 21, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I have trypophobia. Lotus pods make my skin crawl.

Same here.

But anyway I'm pretty afraid of falling off from heights and i do have a crippling fear of bees.The main reason is because i never got stung before i i don't know if I'm allergic or not. It's driving me insane.

Honestly, I have the fear of ovens, Clibanisophobia.

The heat, the small space… I just don't know. They scare the shit out of me. I can't use them at all. My little sister puts stuff in the oven for me. I don't know why I'm scared… childhood event? Perhaps I was burned as a child because I touched a hot oven. All I know is that they are evil. When they are heated up and ready to go, I lose it. I get people to take food out of the oven for me also. They are wretched machines… The heat scares me so much. :^|

I'm scared of underwater large-open segments in video games.
Not just 'scared' of them.
Example being, this one quest in Oblivion I forgot the name of.
And fisherman tells you to get some slaughterfish for him.
Fair enough. I go to the lake. I try to get in a boat.
NOPE, YOU GOTTA GO SWIMMINN BOIII
This somehow lead into me going back to the quest giver and murdering him.
Quality logicc.

I have 2 irrational fears

• Agoraphobia,fear of places or events where escape is IMPOSSIBRU or when help is unavailable
  • Emetophobia,fear of vomiting

Yeah,i never want to vomit in a place where escape is Impossible

There's this fear I have that keeps haunting me, other people don't seem bothered by it but, I'm afraid of wasting time. Every time I don't do anything even slightly productive I beat myself up for it, not just emotionally, sometimes even physically, yeah, I'm a psycho. As of now, I'm resting after working quite hard, if I do say so myself, so this doesn't count. Video games are somewhat productive, you may not know it, but they improve your reflexes, English, for us foreign people, and lucid dreaming capabilites, so yeah… that's something I'm cool with.

Also…

I am afraid everyone actually hates me and just pretends to like me! ;A;

Sounds silly, huh? I have a ton of proof otherwise, but I still can't get over it…

I have a fear that if u see a poster through a mirror it can see you. I can look at the poster just fine, but a reflection of it freaks me out.

Uh, new fear. The money guy from the new Geico commercial, I just saw it for the first time.

Last edited Jun 24, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT

Zach Dragon Rage wrote:

I have a fear that if u see a poster through a mirror it can see you. I can look at the poster just fine, but a reflection of it freaks me out.

Uh, new fear. The money guy from the new Geico commercial, I just saw it for the first time.

Interestingly brief "hiatus", Zach.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I actually use to have a HUGE fear of the dark if I was told to take out the trash at night I would run like a retard and back into the house ASAP. But now all that stuff improved…for the most part it is now more of a minor to a very small fear, only due to paranoia.

But my new MAJOR fear is the death of all intelligent life in all of existence, not just in this universe but the multiverse as well. But it's virtually impossible to do such a thing so I am kind of happy by that fact, but thinking about it can scare the shit out of me…

if I was told to take out the trash at night I would run like a retard and back into the house ASAP.

Did anyone else think of Spongebob?

I'm serious when I say I have a fear of cars. More specifically moving cars
Just look at those bastards…Plotting against me…. Waiting for the right time to strike….

Oh, yeah, I'm also afraid that people can read my mind.

Well, not really. I know they can't, and I keep trying to tell myself that, but I'm the kind of person that gets stuck in a habit and can't get out, so I keep subconsciously thinking that somebody can read my mind, and quickly try to change my thoughts from whatever I was thinking if it could be labeled bad.

Namely ponies.

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Oh, yeah, I'm also afraid that people can read my mind.

Well, not really. I know they can't, and I keep trying to tell myself that, but I'm the kind of person that gets stuck in a habit and can't get out, so I keep subconsciously thinking that somebody can read my mind, and quickly try to change my thoughts from whatever I was thinking if it could be labeled bad.

Namely ponies.

So…by your post, you're an insecure brony?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!