Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

I don't understand

Last posted Jun 23, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT. Added Jun 23, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT
7 posts from 4 users

Why does Carly Rae Jepsen want me to call her maybe? That's not even her name. Granted, "Carly" and "Rae" sound similar to "Maybe", but otherwise they're completely dissimilar. Can someone explain this to me?

Piano wrote:

Why does Carly Rae Jepsen want me to call her maybe? That's not even her name. Granted, "Carly" and "Rae" sound similar to "Maybe", but otherwise they're completely dissimilar. Can someone explain this to me?

Carly Rae Jespen is not in fact using the word "maybe" to imply that it's her name. She is in fact utilizing a often overlooked form of Schrodingers Cat, and is stating that at a certain amount of time in the future, you will either be calling her or not. Seeing as the future is otherwise unknowable until it occurs, we have no idea if the subject of the song will actully ring her or not. This unsolvable paradox is such a strain on the poor canadian pop singers mind, that she regularily repeats the same phrase over and over again, call me maybe call me maybe CALL ME MAYBE, in a deserate attempt to force the space time continuum to go her way. The sad truth is that no matter how many times she repeats this phrase, we have no idea whatsoever of the fate of the protagonist and her love interest after the song has ended, dooming her to forever wonder if perhaps, they will call her. Maybe? Who knows.

It's a rather deep song when you actually think about it.

Either that or its her Arrested Development self insert fanfic.

Last edited Jun 23, 2012 at 08:09PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Hey you just posted,

And this is crazy,

But you're a hat,

So shut up.

Hey you just posted,

And you are crazy,

And you're a cat,

So take that.

Cale wrote:

Hey you just posted,

And this is crazy,

But you're a hat,

So shut up.

Hey you're still a meanie,

And this is crazy,

I don't even know what you are,

Your avatar seems to be a character from some sort of Adventure Time/Chowder gene splicing experiment gone wrong.

-Aybe.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!