Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Bob's AAA thread.

Last posted Aug 20, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT. Added Jun 28, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT
113 posts from 24 users

Good afternoon, KYM. Welcome to Bob's "Ask You Anything" thread.

"What is an 'Ask You Anything' thread?" You ask? Well stop asking, that's my job here.

In this thread, I will ask the users of KYM questions which you must then answer. Speculations are accepted, so feel free to answer for your fellow community members.

Anyway, let's get this show on the road…

KYM: Why so serious?

RandomMan: What is your shoe size?

Alejandro: This is my question.

opspe: How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Verbs: Who was phone?

RussianFedora: Who is your favorite user?

ANN HIRO: Why are you so obsessed with attention?

Seal: Why can't you see that Pyros are best class?

Everyone else: Where are my car keys?

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Why is there a NSFW Thread for Robots, and Necrophilia now?

Sadly, you missed the point of this thread.

But sure, I'll ask.

Why is there a NSFW thread for robots and necrophilia?

And @AmericanBaseballCap: Aren't you supposed to be doing battle with RussianFedora?

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT

Shoe size:

For the European system, size 45. But looking up a conversion table for shoe size, I believe for you it would be 11,5 for males and 13 for females. (Europe uses the same size for males and females)

Because users are free to like what they want. If we start to accept certain fetishes while banning others, we'd make ourselves guilty of discrimination. As long as it's not rule-breaking, I'm ok with it.

@Bob

What are your speculations for the future of this thread, seeing how the intelligence of users leaves no suprises yet again?

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 05:44PM EDT
@RussianFedora: Who is your favorite user?

Honestly, I don't have a single one. But a couple of my favorites would be Kasrkai, Teh Brawler, 404, TK, Brucker, Chris, and some other people that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

RandomMan wrote:

Shoe size:

For the European system, size 45. But looking up a conversion table for shoe size, I believe for you it would be 11,5 for males and 13 for females. (Europe uses the same size for males and females)

Because users are free to like what they want. If we start to accept certain fetishes while banning others, we'd make ourselves guilty of discrimination. As long as it's not rule-breaking, I'm ok with it.

@Bob

What are your speculations for the future of this thread, seeing how the intelligence of users leaves no suprises yet again?

Grim, since two users managed to miss the point already.

ANN and Pan: Why do you two have trouble reading?

RM: Thank you for that detailed answer. Now, what are some points of the forum you wish you could change?

RF: Thanks for answering. How are you taking the news of your arch nemesis making a sudden appearance?

Edit: Follow up question for Pan: Why did you delete your question? Now I can't rebuke your inability to pay attention properly.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 05:55PM EDT

I already deleted mine. I read the instructions carefully then I realized something was wrong.
Edit: I thought that this thread was an Ask Me Anything. But it turned out that it was the opposite.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT
RF: Thanks for answering. How are you taking the news of your arch nemesis making a sudden appearance.

Well, you know, sometimes in your life you experience highs and lows, you know? So sometimes you just gotta, you know, straighten up your back and take what life's throwing at you, you know? So, to, uh, make a long story short, you know, you just gotta stand your ground, you know.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Sadly, you missed the point of this thread.

But sure, I'll ask.

And @AmericanBaseballCap: Aren't you supposed to be doing battle with RussianFedora?

Ah'll battle hem when thuh story gets back on track.

Such wise and wonderful words from our posters.

Pan: Thank you for the explanation. Why is the frying pan your weapon of choice?

RussianFedora: Why do you believe Russia is superior and would you follow America for a Klondike bar?

AmericanBaseballCap: Have you ever considered a career in sponsorship?

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

By 'sugar' I'm going to assume you mean sucrose. So here we go (carrying significant figures, where appropriate, of course):

• Sucrose contains 17000 J/g (3.94 kcal/g).
  • The distance from the Earth to the Moon is r = 384405 km
  • I'm estimating that you weigh approximately m = 72.5 kg (160 lb)
  • The escape velocity for Earth's gravitational pull is v = 11.2 km/s

To get to the moon, you need to escape the gravitational pull of the Earth, and then travel to the Moon. Thus, the total energy needed is the sum of the energy needed to escape the Earth and the energy needed to move to the Moon. Assuming it takes t = 7 days (604800 s) to get to the Moon from Earth:

E = 1/2 mv² + 1/2 m(r/t)²

» E = (1/2)(72.5 kg)(11200 m/s)² + (1/2)(72.5 kg)(384405000 m ÷ 604800 s)²

» E = 4.56 GJ (4.56 × 10^9 J)

Thus, the amount of sucrose needed to produce 4.56 GJ of energy is:

m = (4.56 × 10^9 J) / (17000 J/g) = 268000 g = 268 kg of sucrose

Thus, for Bob to go flying to the moon by shooting burning sugar out of his ass, he would need 268 kg, or about 590 lb of sugar.

However, the question asked for how many cups of sugar. One cup is equal to 250 mL. The density of sucrose is 1.587 g/cm³. Thus, the volume of sugar needed is:

v = m / ρ = (268000 g) / (1.587 g/cm³) = 169000 cm³ = 675 cups.

There you are; if you can ingest 675 cups of sugar, you can fart your way to the moon.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 05:56PM EDT
RussianFedora: Why do you believe Russia is superior and would you follow America for a Klondike bar?

In its current state, I believe Russia is formidable, but not necessarily "superior". I'm mostly interested in Russia's history, culture, and politics, with the Soviet era as a point of sharp interest.

Define "follow".

Now, what are some points of the forum you wish you could change?

Intelligence. Sometimes I just really get the feeling certain users lack it constantly. They don't think before they post, they just see JFF as /b/ and post whatever the fuck they want. I'm ok with fooling around and having fun, it's still Just For Fun, but posts that basically read "Hey guys, look at me being an idiot, lolsofunny hurrdurr" are just stupid.

As for the forum itself: Not much. These four boards work great if you consider the livespam of your average thread, there isn't really a need to have more boards. Most things I wish I could change on the forum are related to the users.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Such wise and wonderful words from our posters.

Pan: Thank you for the explanation. Why is the frying pan your weapon of choice?

AmericanBaseballCap: Have you ever considered a career in sponsorship?

Oh, Ah'm way ahead uh ya. This here's a pikcher of mah other suit:

RandomMan wrote:

Now, what are some points of the forum you wish you could change?

Intelligence. Sometimes I just really get the feeling certain users lack it constantly. They don't think before they post, they just see JFF as /b/ and post whatever the fuck they want. I'm ok with fooling around and having fun, it's still Just For Fun, but posts that basically read "Hey guys, look at me being an idiot, lolsofunny hurrdurr" are just stupid.

As for the forum itself: Not much. These four boards work great if you consider the livespam of your average thread, there isn't really a need to have more boards. Most things I wish I could change on the forum are related to the users.

I think you mean sophistication…

I don't tend to think of everyone here being stupid, that would make me feel a tad over-arrogant.

Occasionally, though, my arrogance levels just go through the roof at the stupidity here.

In reality though, I am very used to stupidity on the internet, thanks to a certain forum…

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

Irrational part of my brain: Yo rational side do you wanna handle asking it.
Rational part of my brain: Surely, you're only going to make our poor host look even more imbecilic that he normally does.
Irrational side: ok…

Anyway the reason for the unintentional search for attention is probably due to my IRL shyness of people. Usually if I get comfortable with people I usually come off as annoying to them, At first when people approach me I act like a mundane person only responding to their words. Until they bring up something i'm interested in. I suddenly get all hyper. Something in common with another person is rare for me. Normally I don't like crowds, and I divert attention from myself. When i'm alone I tend to talk to myself, and create imaginary other personalities, which disappear after awhile. A person must not get attached to such things. Even the time IRL I was going desu at the end of every sentence. This was like 2 years ago. I had a tiny Suiseiseki in my head going desu. Even when I didn't to say desu. I ended up with a desu.

I'm getting off topic. I let my irrational side take the helm when i'm on the internet to waste time. I do not want to be an "attention whore" but, I cannot help it. My personality demands to be seen. even when I do not want to be myself. An eternal conflict of ebb and flow.

I myself do not truly know.

I am a low pitiful human.

Amanda: What would you ask yourself if this was an "Ask yourself anything" thread?

opspe: Where does one find your reserves of knowledge in liquid form?

RF: "Follow" in a nationalistic way. Completely pro-american.

RM: Would you say your views follow that of the typical "Oldfag"?

RPP: Thank you for opening my eyes to the beauty of my keys. I will leave them on their journey. As for you, what are your favorite things in these forums?

AmericanBaseballCap: Would you say you're living the "American Dream"?

Quantum: Y U NO answer questions?

ANN: I guess that makes sense. Where is this "desu" beast you speak of currently?

Douglas: Why would you like a question?

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

Would you say your views follow that of the typical “Oldfag”?

I don't think I need to explain my dislike towards the "oldfag" system again. So it should be obvious I don't see myself as an oldfag.

But no, I don't think my views follow that of the typical oldfag. Of course they do match up at certain points, but I don't see them being the majority.

But to explain my point, I went to Urban Dictionary and searched for oldfag:

"An Oldfag (also known as Elitist Asshole) is a user of an online community who has been with the community a considerable amount of time and won't shut up about it. Much like the old men that hang out in front of the liquor store, Oldfags harp on and on about the good old days and how things used to be. Oldfags generally consider themselves better than everyone one else."

I think this follows the typical "oldfag" pretty well.

So for starters, I've currently been here for a year (not counting the lurking time). It might seem like a lot, but compared to the site being at least 3 years old, it doesn't even cover half of the time. So by the age of my account, I'm not and oldfag. But knowing how some users have accounts only a few months old and they see themselves as oldfags who are extremely well known by the community (I call this cockiness), I can be considered an "oldfag" based on the time. But even then, I don't constantly bitch about how I'm much older than others here. So no, not an oldfag.

Same with the "good old days". In the year I've been here now, I can't see I've seen really notable changes. Some small stuff every now and then which gets noted, but nothing huge. There isn't really a "good old day" for me to talk about as the present would basically fall under the same description.

No, talking about the "good old days" is just retarded. If the old days were that much better, you should've left the site a long time ago. Yet here you still are, complaining about the site, so surely the site still must have its good parts. The person complaining just puts too much value in his pride to admit it. I'd actually say the site has really improved in the time I'm here.

Considering myself better? Oh man, this is a tough one. It might be best to say that I believe someone's position on a site or community has to be based on actions, not on time or some other pointless factor. Considering I'm a moderator with not a small amount of contributions, my actions certainly speak up to me. So based on that, I can see myself as better than others. And I would be lying if I said I never get the feeling I'm smarter than most members here. So perhaps I can be considered the typical "oldfag" through this, even with my qualifications of position. But even then, I refuse to acknowledge myself as an oldfag. Seeing yourself as an oldfag is just a stupid reason to feed your ego and showing off your cockiness.

And really, I can't say I hate the site. A typical oldfag feature is constantly complaining on how much the site sucks. But I think the site has only improved, both content and community wise. Of course I don't have the best impressions of every member, but a year ago we also had retarded members. It's something you keep, and I actually only have myself to blame for letting it bother me. But no, I love this site. If I really hated it, why would I still be hanging around here? Surely it must appeal to me.

Funfact: This was the second Urban Dictionary description for "oldfag":

A term used on imageboards and forums to describe users and members who have been there from the start.

Based on that, only the very first staff members can be considered true oldfags. If you joined a week or even a day after creation, you're already a newfag and will stay like that forever. It can be a reason why I see self-acclaimed oldfags as the biggest newfags, they just ignore the above rule and let their pride take over.

I have a couple parts of this forum that I thoroughly enjoy, for one I am exceptionally enthralled by the discussions on the forum that are displays or tests of logical thinking, not as much knowledge of facts but deductions and philosophies and what-nots being flung around.
The KYM NatRP's and the Mafia games can be examples of that, many debates on the site can be generally enjoyable to read. I tend to avoid participating when I can as I am a relatively slow thinker and am generally too forgetful for fact slinging, plus I just enjoy reading debates over participating.
Number two on the list of things that I enjoy here would have to be original content, I enjoy seeing new creations by the members whether memetic or not. Original content is probably why I still rummage through /b/ on occasion.
Now while the people here have their ups and downs, this is a forum I have stayed with because not only do I feel the size is just right, but the users here are varied and colorful like a bag of candies. A bag of interesting treats. Friendship and the camaraderie that comes with it is bountiful here. I like seeing that.

opspe: If you could have one answer, what would it be?

Quantum: What question would you like me to ask?

Douglas: How do you feel about dying first in Alejandro's game?

ANN: Is that a coincidence?

Alejandro: How do you feel about the evolution of your murder threads?

RandomMan: Who are your favorite users?

RPP: Is there anything you would change, given the chance?

Ashbot: Are you there?

Frosty Lich: How many fetishes would you say you have?

If you could have one answer, what would it be?

It would be the answer to the following question:

Why didn't Bob take the time to think up a better question to ask me?

RF: “Follow” in a nationalistic way. Completely pro-american.

I find that being completely for whatever direction a country goes is, to put it frankly, dumb. Governments, people, enemies, and idols change constantly within a country, and to support the nation no matter what it does is something I would not do, or recommend.

Take a look at the revolutions that shook Europe in the early 1900s. In Russia, at the time, if you supported every ebb and weave the country undertook, you would be supporting massively different doctrines as they took over and fell on the political and literal battlefields on the nation. Same goes for the Kaiser's Germany. If you had a full sense of nationalism, in which you approved of any change made within Germany, your beliefs would change, almost overnight, from Imperialist to Fascist.

So, in short, no. Full, absolute devotion to your, or any, nation is foolish. Even for a Klondike bar.

Piano wrote:

Honestly, I don't have a single one. But a couple of my favorites would be Kasrkai, Teh Brawler, 404, TK, Brucker, Chris, and some other people that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

Piano wrote:

Yeah… forgetting…

Alex>_> wrote:

Yeah… forgetting…

GAAAAHHHH I HAVE SO MANY FAVORITE USERS THAT I FORGET SOME OF THEM

ADDING TO THE PREVIOUS LIST:

• ALEX
  • QUANTUM MEME
  • ASHBOT
  • OPSPE
  • SHAKEY
  • COLGATE

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

opspe: If you could have one answer, what would it be?

Quantum: What question would you like me to ask?

Douglas: How do you feel about dying first in Alejandro's game?

ANN: Is that a coincidence?

Alejandro: How do you feel about the evolution of your murder threads?

RandomMan: Who are your favorite users?

RPP: Is there anything you would change, given the chance?

Ashbot: Are you there?

Frosty Lich: How many fetishes would you say you have?

fucking PISSED.

ANN: How do you think you've influenced this community?

opspe: Are you always this much of a smartass, or it that only Thursday?

RF: Why don't you make a note of all your favorite users?

404: Why are you so hard to find?

Verbs: What do you think of the condition of the forums?

Nats: Have you seen my keys? Also, how do you feel about how your drawing thread has turned out?

Alex: Why are you so awesome?

Douglas: Why so angry? Will you ever forgive me?

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Nats: Have you seen my keys? Also, how do you feel about how your drawing thread has turned out?

Don't worry. it's all in the past now.

Are you always this much of a smartass, or it that only Thursday?

My ass is pretty smart, but I daresay my brain is somewhat smarter, no matter what day of the week it is.

Help! I can't find your keys!

As for the Drawing Thread, it's going fine but I will have to start implementing new rules soon. A few things are getting out of hand.

Piano wrote:

"…I don't have a single one."

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

i learned from the best

RF: Why you so lazy?

Douglas: How do you feel about dying in every game you've ever taken part of?

opspe: How do you feel about the community having difficulty pronouncing your username?

DoctorHobo: Because pyrovision. Why can't you see that?

ANN:Who are some of your favorite users?

Quantum: Did I miss my deadline?

Nats: What has gotten out of hand, exactly?

Brucker: What are your opinions on humanity's judgement towards differentiating ideas?

404: How long has your title of "Hide and Seek master" stood?

BSoD: Looked, couldn't find it. Why do you choose to do your work at the most inopportune times?

Everyone else: How much do you appreciate ANN HIRO?

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 01:44PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!