Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,504 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread


It's confession time!

Last posted Feb 12, 2013 at 11:37AM EST. Added Jul 13, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT
518 posts from 148 users

Ann Hiro wrote:

I heard that that badges will be given out today.
If one is based off art… I hope it’s a legitimate reason why it was given out.
Plus it would scream out “I’m better than you” to some people IMO.

I find that last line very ironic.

And the second a sign of distrust as it’s the mods and staff who vote for those things.

Dec 23, 2012 at 02:16PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

I find that last line very ironic.

And the second a sign of distrust as it’s the mods and staff who vote for those things.

The irony to it is because it is true.

Dec 23, 2012 at 02:28PM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

The irony to it is because it is true.

Especially because you are one that values these things way too much, and would use such a badge for bragging rights. That was the irony I was pointing out.

Remember when you were Op in the IRC? Such glory. Don’t stop forgetting. #sarcasm

Last edited Dec 23, 2012 at 03:17PM EST
Dec 23, 2012 at 03:13PM EST
Quote

I confess that butts are glorious.

Dec 23, 2012 at 03:17PM EST
Quote

I feel I must confess that I though professorcheese said he was Ann Hiro. This kind of stuff always happens when I comment on things late at night, really.

Dec 23, 2012 at 03:33PM EST
Quote

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

People who bump threads formerly on the second page compel me to loathe them.

No, but seriously. I feel that I get annoyed by stupidity online way too easily. Now, I’m no genius myself, though I like to think of myself as not being dense either. I’m typically a pretty mellow person, too, so don’t get the wrong idea about me. When interacting with simple-minded people in real life (which happens more frequently than I feel it should), I’m usually enduring. But when I see something posted on an Internet forum or message board; something that demonstrates a barefaced lack of logic, deficiency in grammar and spelling, wildly off-topic and/or blithe, and just overall ignorance and disdain for basic posting etiquette, hornets figuratively fly about inside my head. It’s not a good feeling.

I’ll often leave a post similar to “Please look at both sides of the issue” or “There is no need to be antagonistic and destructive in criticism; please acknowledge the opinions of others”, but I’m actually much more annoyed that the person in question more or less had to have me think for them. Because of this, the Internet is sometimes a really dreadful place for me to occupy; and I often end up detesting people who are usually unquestionably fine human beings with okay intentions, just because they’re a little dumb. That is absolutely atrocious reasoning, as I’m friends with plenty of rather slow thinkers in real life.

I think that the medium is a component of it. Conversation over the Internet is not direct. I find that it is much easier to have a discussion with somebody in an actual social scenario. Alternatively, the Internet is a lot more…well, a lot more anonymous. I may be alone here, but it doesn’t help me to be attempting to converse with somebody who is not only daft, but also unspecified.

This probably makes me sound like an arrogant jerk, but desolately, it’s the truth. I’m in no position to feel bigger than any other user here, but I’ve seen some stuff posted here that I disapprove of, essentially because I’ve been trying to feel out the forums by lurking. I don’t disapprove of it because I disagree, but because it’s dumb. It’s not a big deal if it’s a single occasion only. Everybody makes an awful post at least once; you don’t steer clear of that. But if I notice that this dumbness transpires on a regular basis, that’s when I start to think there is no salvation for that user. I’ve used it as an excuse to not even bother with people whom I deem “stupid” or otherwise unappealing in the past, and I probably will for a long time.

As much as it frustrates me, I think that many people are lost causes because of this. My cynical, fatalistic side comes to light when I see stupid posts. It’s something I’ll have to live with.

If you were trying to be snarky towards me, I don’t appreciate it. I thought it was nice for you to admit yourself as an arrogant jerk (never ever see people admitting their faults) but lets add ‘douchebag’ and ‘asshole’ to that.

Confession: I did not set a Christmas tree up this season.

Dec 25, 2012 at 04:53AM EST
Quote

Chris wrote:

I confess that butts are glorious.

>Data(ss)base Moderator

Color me surprised.

Dec 25, 2012 at 09:14AM EST
Quote

I could have a lot more forum posts than I do now, but I’m a lurker by nature, and I leave a lot of things relatively untouched. If I were active to my full extent, I’d guess that I could have about 150 posts by now, but I’d rather just sit back and read what everybody else has to say. As of late, I’ve been making an effort to post enough to be considered “active,” and I’m not sure if I’m doing an adequate job of it, considering how active other users on here are, but it’s better than nothing.

I’d really like to start working on entries, but I’m far too lackadaisical to take any initiative in researching and editing. There are about 12 entries I’d like to launch, and about 8 more on my immediate list of editorships that I would like to have, but not a single one of them have I done anything similar to contributing on. I think maybe today, because it’s Christmas Day and I’m feeling good, I’ll shell out a couple of editorship requests and possibly get started on some extensive research, because I don’t have a life and would spend my holiday doing that.

I have a lot of images to contribute to entries that I haven’t yet. I think that sometime within the next week, I’m just going to sit down and carry out one big image dump. Like, 300-400 images, because that’s about how many I have on hand.

Oh, and I’ve never shared any of the stuff I draw with this community, and don’t think I will until I’ve accomplished other things on this site that I prioritized ahead of that.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:32PM EST
Quote

^
That’s… interesting.

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:25PM EST

I come onto the internet to find myself. So far, it has not worked. BUT I SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!

Dec 26, 2012 at 06:41PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I still fail to see why having a large population of bronies on this site is a problem. Of course they are everywhere, MLP is one of the largest memes on the internet right now. If you really expect to not see ponies on a site about memes then you have very weird expectations. Besides, the subject of ponies for the most part stays on the MLP page and general thread. The most you see of ponies leaking out of those places is in people’s avatars, some reaction images, and pony versions of exploitable memes (which still stay relevant to the subject)
Usually people who talk out against bronies are being jerks about it and that’s why they get so many thumbs down. The hate is so unnecessary, I seriously don’t get it.
I’m not gonna give you negative karma because your post seems somewhat legitimate, but I just really don’t get the problem of ponies being on KYM.

It’s because this site is called “Know Your MEME” and not “Know Your Pony.” True story, and incredibly irritating to those who tried to enjoy the show but can’t.

Confession 2: I hate when people assume you’re a jerk if you don’t like what they like :)

Dec 27, 2012 at 04:01PM EST
Quote

I fucking love cheeseburgers and lemonade and salt and vinegar potato chips.

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:50PM EST
Quote

I confess that this thread is nothing but a dead horse that were beating.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:41AM EST

GIANTDAD wrote:

I confess that this thread is nothing but a dead horse that were beating.

At this point the horse is no longer recognizable, merely a red squishy pulp.

Dec 28, 2012 at 05:56AM EST
Quote

Mrsoulcake The music lover wrote:

At this point the horse is no longer recognizable, merely a red squishy pulp.

More like dust.

Dec 28, 2012 at 06:21AM EST
Quote

Weasel wrote:

More like dust.

Thank you.

Dec 28, 2012 at 06:40AM EST

1011061 wrote:

It’s because this site is called “Know Your MEME” and not “Know Your Pony.” True story, and incredibly irritating to those who tried to enjoy the show but can’t.

Confession 2: I hate when people assume you’re a jerk if you don’t like what they like :)

Ponies are highly memetic right now, so your argument is completely invalid. If someone gets annoyed or irritated by it then they need to deal with it.

Dec 28, 2012 at 05:48PM EST
Quote

I’m starting to question if it was the right choice of throwing myself into the community 5 minutes after finding it.
Now I am drowned in it, and forever to be washed by the happenings amongst the community.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:32PM EST
Quote

I’d like to see several people dead
but I can’t express it without being an “internet tough guy”
so I keep it to myself most of the time
unless its just busting someone’s balls with a joke threat or some shit

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:37PM EST
Quote

The New and Improved Karnella wrote:

I confess that not only am I woman on the internet but I am also mormon

(Aim your hate here)

No hate just…

Also I confess that I am a mt. dew addict.

Dec 30, 2012 at 05:54AM EST
Quote

The New and Improved Karnella wrote:

I confess that not only am I woman on the internet but I am also mormon

(Aim your hate here)

Sisters of the internet! * high five *

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:53PM EST
Quote

One time i lied on the internet.

Also i bought an ipad 3

Dec 30, 2012 at 01:42PM EST
Quote

I pressed the door close button on a train (we have that where I live) when some old people were trying to get on. It was raining, and it was 10:40 at night. The train drove off and I was all like D:

Jan 01, 2013 at 01:51AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Sisters of the internet! * high five *

Wait, “sister” as in you are also mormon or “sister” as you are also a girl?

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:16AM EST
Quote

Not Caramel wrote:


I confess that this is completely canon.

You’re having too much fun with this.

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:19AM EST
Quote

The New and Improved Karnella wrote:

Wait, “sister” as in you are also mormon or “sister” as you are also a girl?

Crimson is a chick
Not sure on the mormon part though

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:21AM EST
Quote

The New and Improved Karnella wrote:

Wait, “sister” as in you are also mormon or “sister” as you are also a girl?

I am also a girl. I do not belong to any specific religion.

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:36AM EST
Quote

Laser Pacer wrote:

I don’t even come here to read meme articles anymore.

You’re not the only one.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 01:43AM EST
Jan 04, 2013 at 01:40AM EST

Laser Pacer wrote:

I don’t even come here to read meme articles anymore.

Does anyone? I only do it for new articles and to remember bits and bobs.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:53AM EST
Quote

I only read the trending articles, and even then it’s usually just to see what’s in the image gallery

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:56AM EST
Quote

I CONFESS:
I have a huge amount of my little pony, but I really don’t like the show. It feels like I have a weird tumor that is full of mlp in my head.

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:12PM EST
Quote

The New and Improved Karnella wrote:

I confess that not only am I woman on the internet but I am also mormon

(Aim your hate here)

I must confess also
I’m a mormon too.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:26AM EST
Quote

Looking at this page alone…

Well, you know how I stand on THAT issue already – Not caring as long as it’s not forced upon me.

anyway… Even though I’d consider myself a gamer… I haven’t really played that many games.

Jan 26, 2013 at 01:09PM EST
Quote

I really don’t care what bronies post, unless it is clop, spam, attacking a user, mic spamming (Fucking TF2)

Jan 26, 2013 at 02:10PM EST
Quote

I must confess that I enjoyed Pico to Chico and PicoxCocoxChico.

Jan 26, 2013 at 09:00PM EST
Quote

I must confess that I put more thought into what I say online than what I say in real life.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:41PM EST
Quote

i am 21 years old right now. since i was 9 years old, i have spent a total of around $15 000 (canadian) on various tabletop miniatures. ive pretty much become a drug addict to the hobby but i dont give a fuck. i love what i do and it is a large part of my social live, all the friends that i know are on the same boat as i am.

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:58PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!