Forums / Just For Fun

310,180 total conversations in 8,356 threads

+ New Thread


It's confession time!

Last posted Feb 12, 2013 at 11:37AM EST. Added Jul 13, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT
518 conversations with 148 participants

I once was terrified of the song “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” because I thought singing it would cause a tornado to take you and your house away.

Nov 22, 2012 at 09:53AM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

This is interesting, because this seems like the kind of site that people would find through other sites.

I found out about this site surfing youtube, an episode was in the related videos and it looked interesting. Keep in mind that at that time I didn’t think the internet went any deeper than facebook.

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:42AM EST
Quote

I downvote anyone who gets an upvote for no reason.
I also Upvote anyone who gets a downvote for no reason.

So I upvote Nair, and Adam quite frequently, and downvote people who get karma for no reason.
The Karma system is supposed to be just and fair like how it was originally intended to be.

Nov 30, 2012 at 02:07PM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

I downvote anyone who gets an upvote for no reason.
I also Upvote anyone who gets a downvote for no reason.

So I upvote Nair, and Adam quite frequently, and downvote people who get karma for no reason.
The Karma system is supposed to be just and fair like how it was originally intended to be.

>Makes me paranoid if Ann ever downvoted me

I don’t downvote people who got undeserved karma, but I do make a point of upvoting people who were downvoted for no good reason. The way people use their negative karma really pisses me off. If you look at Sealeo’s act as your avatar 3 thread, his original post got -21 karma. All because he remade a thread that was locked due to arguing he was not involved in, even though a mod said he was free to make a new one if he wanted.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:19PM EST
Quote

I actually care about karma. Like, when I get a positive karma, it feels like I did something good. To me, it’s a like a pat on the head or a handshake. When I get negative karma, I feel like I did something wrong or I made people mad.

When I go on my profile and see my positive karma rise, it feels like I said or did something insightful or funny. To me, it shows that people do like me on this site. I mean, no one likes to be hated, right? But, when I see my karma go down, especially in a steep drop, I get discouraged and upset.

I know it sounds weird that I take karma seriously. It’s stupid, I know. But, I don’t look at it as a point system, I look at it as reassure myself that people do like me on this site.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:36PM EST
Quote

I also wish I can downvote some of my own posts. People stop upvoting me… I only state the truth, and my views. Even when defending people like Adam or Nair I get +2 upvotes. I don’t know where I get the second upvote. I have a personal thing about people not expressing their own opinions, and hide, and just upvote, or downvote.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:50PM EST
Quote

Not to sound like a violent person, but I once accidentally cracked open my brother’s head when I was 5.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:52PM EST
Quote

Honest confession,

I wish this thread would die already.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:58PM EST

Mexx why don’t you like things to last?
Can’t we enjoy the things people create?
Everything has value, and even the smallest grain of sand can make a difference.

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:01PM EST
Quote

Just stop with the poetic stuff.

Besides, this thread is usually only active by little number of users and it usually consists of necro bumps.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 04:09PM EST
Nov 30, 2012 at 04:09PM EST

I actively seek out the posts where I get Negative Karma.

So yes, I know that somebody is downvoteing nearly every post I am getting upvoted in for no particular reason.

I’M ONTO YOU MR WHOEVER YOU ARE!

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:11PM EST
Quote

Also am I the only one upholding the original purpose of karma giving?

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:41PM EST
Quote

Mrsoulcake the savior wrote:

I have no idea how karma works on this site.

It’s best if you don’t. It will suck you in.

Last edited Dec 01, 2012 at 01:02PM EST
Dec 01, 2012 at 01:02PM EST
Quote

I confess I don’t regret anything making a sweet bro and hella jeff avatar. NOTHING AT ALL.

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:34PM EST

I confess that I don’t quite know how I could actually get involved in what looks like a cool, tight-knit community. I could just start posting and getting involved in meme research and things like that, but being a new member, I feel like me and my contributions could be disregarded and I could be excluded because I don’t have the same reputation and credibility as some of the older members on this site, or at least those who have posted or contributed a lot.

That said, I have a rather unhealthy addiction to researching Internet phenomena.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:10PM EST
Quote

Doctor What wrote:

I confess that I don’t quite know how I could actually get involved in what looks like a cool, tight-knit community. I could just start posting and getting involved in meme research and things like that, but being a new member, I feel like me and my contributions could be disregarded and I could be excluded because I don’t have the same reputation and credibility as some of the older members on this site, or at least those who have posted or contributed a lot.

That said, I have a rather unhealthy addiction to researching Internet phenomena.

At first I felt the same way. but look at you now, you seem to have contributed more to the site in a day than I have in a month.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:16PM EST
Quote

I have a very limited knowledge on Internet slang.

I wish I could find a guide that explained everything….

Dec 03, 2012 at 02:07AM EST

I’ll take that as a yes, and wrong.
Still… why is it so wrong to like one thing over the other?

PS none of you know my personal problems.
Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 06:20PM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 05:54PM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

I’ll take that as a yes, and wrong.
Still… why is it so wrong to like one thing over the other?

PS none of you know my personal problems.

Most of the time it’s not, but there are some things you should like more than another. For example, your family over a website.

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 06:07PM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 06:06PM EST
Quote

Jojo's Bizarre Bazaar wrote:

I have a huge weak spot for cute things and I hate it.

You too?

Dec 03, 2012 at 07:00PM EST
Quote

I want to admit that i still really dislike MLP and bronies i just don’t say it because i have to nice to the people of Know Your Pony and shouldn’t have a contrasting opinion or i would get neg karma’d to infinity and i would be hated.

All joking aside i really don’t like ponies.

Dec 04, 2012 at 03:03AM EST
Quote

I’m easily influenced…

(eg: Ashbot getting me into Persona. Natsuru getting me into Touhou. KYM getting me into MLP and Homestuck. PimpAbra getting me into Corruption of Champions.)

Dec 04, 2012 at 08:34AM EST
Quote

Since season three started, I can’t get back into My Little Pony. I just can’t. Doesnt interest me that much. It’s not bad, just not Intresting to me anymore. Oh well.
I hate vegans with a passion. I know I shouldn’t, but Its hard to like people that hate the industry I work in. All the ones I’ve met act so high and mighty. Thinking their shit don’t stink.

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:42AM EST
Quote

I actually have several alt accounts on KYM cause I’m terrified of ban, on all of the accounts I do stupid shit. This is the only one I regularly use “normally”.

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:25AM EST
Quote

One time, this girl I had been talking to for a couple months asked if I was gay. When I said no, she said she thought I was because I never flirted with her or asked her out. At first I just laughed, but then when I was telling my friend what happened, I got furious. I wasn’t mad because she called me gay really. I was mad because she expected me to be love stricken by her and swoon over her and the only reason I wasn’t was because I was gay. that idiot told me she had a boyfriend. So why the hell would I even bother flirting knowing full well she was taken? Mabye If she was smoking hot, but she wasn’t. She wasn’t my type at all. Mabye we had the same interests? Nope again. I just talked to her because we sat right next to eachother. Seriously, what an arrogant girl. Even if she didn’t have a boyfriend, I wouldn’t ask her out. Even, If she asked me out, I would ( respectfully) say no.
Guys and girls, never expect someone to like you and question there sexuality if they dont. You come off as really arrogant.

Dec 05, 2012 at 03:45PM EST
Quote

Sometime ago, whenever I went in public, I would get really paranoid that people were reading my mind.

Dec 05, 2012 at 03:52PM EST
Quote

@Dac
I’ve had that happen to me before. Some girl who I really wasn’t into was obviously trying to flirt with me, and I just played it off as if I hadn’t noticed. The next day, she told everyone I was gay. When the news got around to me, I just laughed. It was such a stupid reaction that I couldn’t even bring myself to be upset about it. I realised a couple of years later that she was actually kinda right about me, but at the time I considered myself to be (mostly) straight.

Wait, does that last line count as my confession? I can’t think of anything else right now so let’s go with that.

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:34PM EST
Quote

I am wearing three pairs of underwear right now!

…no? How about “I sometimes wish I was one of those def-mutes, that way i wouldn’t have to have any stupid goddamn useless conversations with anyone.”

As to what was mentioned above, I sometimes wish I was bi, or even gay. I’ve just about tapped out every available avenue for conventional dating in my immediate area, and a body does get lonely.

Dec 07, 2012 at 12:04AM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

Guys and girls, never expect someone to like you and question there sexuality if they dont. You come off as really arrogant.

Somewhat related: I have a habit of every time I make a new guy friend I wonder if they have a crush on me and/or find me attractive. Hell, sometimes I have these thoughts about a guy I’m standing in the same isle in at a store. This isn’t really me being arrogant and it’s not because I’m thinking “Well who wouldn’t want me?”, it’s just curiosity I suppose. I assume this just comes from a habit my mom has that almost every time a guy even looks at me for more than a second she says “Oooo I think he has a crush on you!” and I have had a few cases of guy friends having (rather obvious) crushes on me. I’ve never really talked about this with anyone cus it’s a sort of an awkward subject so I have no idea if other people do the same thing xP

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 01:03AM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 01:02AM EST
Quote

Confession: I absolutely hate how bronies dominate most of this site, and as soon as you talk out against them, they instantly spam you with their army of thumbs-downs/bad karma.

(Waiting for an angry brony to give this post bad karma).

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 04:46PM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 04:46PM EST
Quote

1011061 wrote:

Confession: I absolutely hate how bronies dominate most of this site, and as soon as you talk out against them, they instantly spam you with their army of thumbs-downs/bad karma.

(Waiting for an angry brony to give this post bad karma).

I still fail to see why having a large population of bronies on this site is a problem. Of course they are everywhere, MLP is one of the largest memes on the internet right now. If you really expect to not see ponies on a site about memes then you have very weird expectations. Besides, the subject of ponies for the most part stays on the MLP page and general thread. The most you see of ponies leaking out of those places is in people’s avatars, some reaction images, and pony versions of exploitable memes (which still stay relevant to the subject)
Usually people who talk out against bronies are being jerks about it and that’s why they get so many thumbs down. The hate is so unnecessary, I seriously don’t get it.
I’m not gonna give you negative karma because your post seems somewhat legitimate, but I just really don’t get the problem of ponies being on KYM.

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 05:07PM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 05:06PM EST
Quote

Clopping has absolutely ruined the brony fandom for me.

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:26PM EST

I am slightly more anti-brony than brony, Instead of being in between.

admin edit: had to remove the mapickcha.com image due to malware.

Last edited Dec 22, 2012 at 07:02PM EST
Dec 10, 2012 at 09:47PM EST
Quote

People who bump threads formerly on the second page compel me to loathe them.

No, but seriously. I feel that I get annoyed by stupidity online way too easily. Now, I’m no genius myself, though I like to think of myself as not being dense either. I’m typically a pretty mellow person, too, so don’t get the wrong idea about me. When interacting with simple-minded people in real life (which happens more frequently than I feel it should), I’m usually enduring. But when I see something posted on an Internet forum or message board; something that demonstrates a barefaced lack of logic, deficiency in grammar and spelling, wildly off-topic and/or blithe, and just overall ignorance and disdain for basic posting etiquette, hornets figuratively fly about inside my head. It’s not a good feeling.

I’ll often leave a post similar to “Please look at both sides of the issue” or “There is no need to be antagonistic and destructive in criticism; please acknowledge the opinions of others”, but I’m actually much more annoyed that the person in question more or less had to have me think for them. Because of this, the Internet is sometimes a really dreadful place for me to occupy; and I often end up detesting people who are usually unquestionably fine human beings with okay intentions, just because they’re a little dumb. That is absolutely atrocious reasoning, as I’m friends with plenty of rather slow thinkers in real life.

I think that the medium is a component of it. Conversation over the Internet is not direct. I find that it is much easier to have a discussion with somebody in an actual social scenario. Alternatively, the Internet is a lot more…well, a lot more anonymous. I may be alone here, but it doesn’t help me to be attempting to converse with somebody who is not only daft, but also unspecified.

This probably makes me sound like an arrogant jerk, but desolately, it’s the truth. I’m in no position to feel bigger than any other user here, but I’ve seen some stuff posted here that I disapprove of, essentially because I’ve been trying to feel out the forums by lurking. I don’t disapprove of it because I disagree, but because it’s dumb. It’s not a big deal if it’s a single occasion only. Everybody makes an awful post at least once; you don’t steer clear of that. But if I notice that this dumbness transpires on a regular basis, that’s when I start to think there is no salvation for that user. I’ve used it as an excuse to not even bother with people whom I deem “stupid” or otherwise unappealing in the past, and I probably will for a long time.

As much as it frustrates me, I think that many people are lost causes because of this. My cynical, fatalistic side comes to light when I see stupid posts. It’s something I’ll have to live with.

Dec 20, 2012 at 09:19PM EST
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I heard that that badges will be given out today.
If one is based off art… I hope it’s a legitimate reason why it was given out.
Plus it would scream out “I’m better than you” to some people IMO.

Dec 21, 2012 at 04:25AM EST
Quote

Every time I see an artist draw a sidemouth on someone I get really mad and need to calm down for a few minutes. It doesn’t help that people who draw anime do this a lot.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:03PM EST

Join the Club Professorcheese
You aren’t the only one.

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:37PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!