Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

It's confession time!

Last posted Feb 12, 2013 at 11:37AM EST. Added Jul 13, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT
518 posts from 148 users

Ann Hiro wrote:

I heard that that badges will be given out today.
If one is based off art… I hope it's a legitimate reason why it was given out.
Plus it would scream out "I'm better than you" to some people IMO.

I find that last line very ironic.

And the second a sign of distrust as it's the mods and staff who vote for those things.

Ann Hiro wrote:

The irony to it is because it is true.

Especially because you are one that values these things way too much, and would use such a badge for bragging rights. That was the irony I was pointing out.

Remember when you were Op in the IRC? Such glory. Don't stop forgetting. #sarcasm

Last edited Dec 23, 2012 at 03:17PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

People who bump threads formerly on the second page compel me to loathe them.

No, but seriously. I feel that I get annoyed by stupidity online way too easily. Now, I’m no genius myself, though I like to think of myself as not being dense either. I’m typically a pretty mellow person, too, so don’t get the wrong idea about me. When interacting with simple-minded people in real life (which happens more frequently than I feel it should), I’m usually enduring. But when I see something posted on an Internet forum or message board; something that demonstrates a barefaced lack of logic, deficiency in grammar and spelling, wildly off-topic and/or blithe, and just overall ignorance and disdain for basic posting etiquette, hornets figuratively fly about inside my head. It’s not a good feeling.

I’ll often leave a post similar to “Please look at both sides of the issue” or “There is no need to be antagonistic and destructive in criticism; please acknowledge the opinions of others”, but I’m actually much more annoyed that the person in question more or less had to have me think for them. Because of this, the Internet is sometimes a really dreadful place for me to occupy; and I often end up detesting people who are usually unquestionably fine human beings with okay intentions, just because they’re a little dumb. That is absolutely atrocious reasoning, as I’m friends with plenty of rather slow thinkers in real life.

I think that the medium is a component of it. Conversation over the Internet is not direct. I find that it is much easier to have a discussion with somebody in an actual social scenario. Alternatively, the Internet is a lot more…well, a lot more anonymous. I may be alone here, but it doesn’t help me to be attempting to converse with somebody who is not only daft, but also unspecified.

This probably makes me sound like an arrogant jerk, but desolately, it’s the truth. I’m in no position to feel bigger than any other user here, but I’ve seen some stuff posted here that I disapprove of, essentially because I’ve been trying to feel out the forums by lurking. I don’t disapprove of it because I disagree, but because it’s dumb. It’s not a big deal if it’s a single occasion only. Everybody makes an awful post at least once; you don’t steer clear of that. But if I notice that this dumbness transpires on a regular basis, that’s when I start to think there is no salvation for that user. I’ve used it as an excuse to not even bother with people whom I deem “stupid” or otherwise unappealing in the past, and I probably will for a long time.

As much as it frustrates me, I think that many people are lost causes because of this. My cynical, fatalistic side comes to light when I see stupid posts. It’s something I’ll have to live with.

If you were trying to be snarky towards me, I don't appreciate it. I thought it was nice for you to admit yourself as an arrogant jerk (never ever see people admitting their faults) but lets add 'douchebag' and 'asshole' to that.

Confession: I did not set a Christmas tree up this season.

I could have a lot more forum posts than I do now, but I’m a lurker by nature, and I leave a lot of things relatively untouched. If I were active to my full extent, I’d guess that I could have about 150 posts by now, but I’d rather just sit back and read what everybody else has to say. As of late, I’ve been making an effort to post enough to be considered “active,” and I’m not sure if I’m doing an adequate job of it, considering how active other users on here are, but it’s better than nothing.

I’d really like to start working on entries, but I’m far too lackadaisical to take any initiative in researching and editing. There are about 12 entries I’d like to launch, and about 8 more on my immediate list of editorships that I would like to have, but not a single one of them have I done anything similar to contributing on. I think maybe today, because it’s Christmas Day and I’m feeling good, I’ll shell out a couple of editorship requests and possibly get started on some extensive research, because I don’t have a life and would spend my holiday doing that.

I have a lot of images to contribute to entries that I haven’t yet. I think that sometime within the next week, I’m just going to sit down and carry out one big image dump. Like, 300-400 images, because that’s about how many I have on hand.

Oh, and I’ve never shared any of the stuff I draw with this community, and don’t think I will until I’ve accomplished other things on this site that I prioritized ahead of that.

Crimson Locks wrote:

I still fail to see why having a large population of bronies on this site is a problem. Of course they are everywhere, MLP is one of the largest memes on the internet right now. If you really expect to not see ponies on a site about memes then you have very weird expectations. Besides, the subject of ponies for the most part stays on the MLP page and general thread. The most you see of ponies leaking out of those places is in people's avatars, some reaction images, and pony versions of exploitable memes (which still stay relevant to the subject)
Usually people who talk out against bronies are being jerks about it and that's why they get so many thumbs down. The hate is so unnecessary, I seriously don't get it.
I'm not gonna give you negative karma because your post seems somewhat legitimate, but I just really don't get the problem of ponies being on KYM.

It's because this site is called "Know Your MEME" and not "Know Your Pony." True story, and incredibly irritating to those who tried to enjoy the show but can't.

Confession 2: I hate when people assume you're a jerk if you don't like what they like :)

GIANTDAD wrote:

I confess that this thread is nothing but a dead horse that were beating.

At this point the horse is no longer recognizable, merely a red squishy pulp.

1011061 wrote:

It's because this site is called "Know Your MEME" and not "Know Your Pony." True story, and incredibly irritating to those who tried to enjoy the show but can't.

Confession 2: I hate when people assume you're a jerk if you don't like what they like :)

Ponies are highly memetic right now, so your argument is completely invalid. If someone gets annoyed or irritated by it then they need to deal with it.

I'm starting to question if it was the right choice of throwing myself into the community 5 minutes after finding it.
Now I am drowned in it, and forever to be washed by the happenings amongst the community.

I'd like to see several people dead
but I can't express it without being an "internet tough guy"
so I keep it to myself most of the time
unless its just busting someone's balls with a joke threat or some shit

I pressed the door close button on a train (we have that where I live) when some old people were trying to get on. It was raining, and it was 10:40 at night. The train drove off and I was all like D:

Laser Pacer wrote:

I don't even come here to read meme articles anymore.

You're not the only one.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 01:43AM EST

i am 21 years old right now. since i was 9 years old, i have spent a total of around $15 000 (canadian) on various tabletop miniatures. ive pretty much become a drug addict to the hobby but i dont give a fuck. i love what i do and it is a large part of my social live, all the friends that i know are on the same boat as i am.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!