Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Endless Tower of Boss Battles

Last posted Aug 10, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2012 at 08:50PM EDT
223 posts from 45 users

I saw this thread once back on the TV Tropes forums, so allow me to explain.

Each post is another floor of the tower. Each one is numbered, so do keep track of the number of posts. Also, NO DELETIONS. (One exception: If you get ninja'd, you may either delete or edit your post at your discretion.) Aside from that, I would try to avoid posting the same thing twice in the same thread, but that may become impossible as the thread becomes longer and longer. Just try to keep that in mind.

As for where each boss battle comes from, that's up to you, but you must post a solution to the previous poster's battle before posting your own floor.

Alright, enough talk. Let's do this.

First floor: Upon entering the tower, you see before you an M24 Chaffee tank and a large open field stretching out far as the eye can see. You enter the tank and receive the order "Time to roll out!" Your tank is alone but fully crewed, and soon you come face to face with a German Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus super heavy tank. You must destroy it in order to advance to the next floor of the tower.

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 08:57PM EDT

Magic blast right to the head for the fat guy. Decapitation.
As for the executioner, a simple fire spell will heat up his armor enough to melt the plates together, preventing movement.
Boss:
Trypticon from WFC:

Try getting past the space-station sized robotic dinosaur. Good luck.

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Don't forget the floor number, Nightmare Moon. I'm serious.

Ooh, I've fought Trypticon before.

Ion Blaster SMG to the heat sinks. That should take him down.

Fourth Floor: You enter another open field. This time, you see a row of tanks before you. All of them are identically prepared Soviet T-34 medium tanks. Around them are an assortment of Soviet tank destroyers and self propelled guns, but you are told to enter one of the T-34s. You roll onto the field of battle and are faced with a hail of German artillery fire before being confronted with the leading edge of their armored force. "Welcome to the front line, comrade!" one of the other tank crewmen shouts to you over the sounds of the raging battle.

You must destroy as many German tanks as possible, break through their line and secure their command post. Your tank must survive the battle. "Good luck, comrade!"

Mess him up a bit, and then use the homerun bat.
Floor 6
Rugal Bernstein, in his King of Fighters '94 appearance.

Start at 1:39. This is to show off his fighting capabilities.
(In other words, skip the first fight.)

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT

I'm a Vanguard, so Charge+Nova+Heavy Melee+Disciple right to the face.
If being slammed into with the force of a truck, having my shields explode directly in front of him, and taking a punch like a sword to the gut doesn't kill him, a direct hit from an explosive shotgun will definitely do him in.

Floor Eight: You enter and you find this giant thing staring you down.

Helghast MAWLR
Because sometimes, regular old giant spider tanks aren't kill enough

Good luck.

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

Have him choose either the red or the blue pill. He'll be so torn he'll just stand there trying to make up his mind. Sneak past him.
TENTH FLOOR

Christian Brutal Sniper.
Have fun.

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT

Produce a Reaper Blackstar and hit him right in his spidery body with it.

Spider dead.

Floor 12: You enter the floor, a garage door opens, and this thing steps out:

Motorhead
This is what happens when you give bandits machines

Of note: There is no critical hit location on him. The gatling turret removed it. (Unless you know where to hit…)
Good luck.

To kill Giygas in the first round attack pokey (porky). DO NOT ATTACK GIYGAS! After killing pokey a second round will occur have Paula heal have everyone else attack repeat this until the next stage. This stage have Paula pray until Giygas is killed.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_kill_giygas

Floor 15:
Sephiroth

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT

Chop his hair off, he loses his balance and falls flat on his face killing himself.
Or cast Knights of the Round.

Floor 13: Psycho Mantis

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 10:56PM EDT

Introduce him to himself and leave reality before it breaks.

Eighteenth Floor: You walk in, hear a screech, and this levitates itself down towards you:

Banshee
YOU GON GET RAPED

Just as a heads-up: Banshees have the relative durability of a tank, their energy blast one-hit-kills unless you have shields/loads of HP, and even then it saps it, and if they get up to close range (which might happen due to them consistently Teleport Spamming forwards) then they will instakill you with an impalement. No ands, ifs, or buts, no exceptions, do not pass Go, do not collect $200 dollars, do not revive, do not go into Last Stand, ded.
(and no shit about being too strong to be impaled – banshees can run through krogan, a species not only built like tanks, but shoved inside tank-like power armor. if you get hit, you die)

Dozens of N7s have been killed by this thing. Your task is to prevail. Happy hunting.

Not quite.

After taking a roundhouse kick through the skull, Theodore Roosevelt breaks off Chuck's foot, rendering him incapacitated. Course, it grows back because he's Chuck F*cking Norris, but he scurries off before Teddy uses his laser powers.

And now you, next poster, face Theodore Roosevelt.'

EDIT: Ugh ninja'd. Let's see, Teddy takes the impalement (the last attempt to assassinate him didn't go too well), but now he does use his twin laser powers, which hits the Banshee in the middle of its breast like appendages and it implodes.

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

You reflect Theodore Roosevelt's lasers and kill him.

Floor 19:
Super Saiyan Sephiroth

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT

Introduce Zalgo and Spoderman to the universe and escape reality before it breaks.

Floor 22: You walk through the doors. Inside, an ancient door opens and this thing stares you down:

The Destroyer

…He's 2D. I'm not. I'll ask him about 3D objects, and while he's distrcated, run for the next floor.

"Floor" 24: You are suddenly transported to Moonbase Alpha, and have 25 minutes to repair the base. The other 5 assigned to the task are the typical player so will say nonsense and usually not help. If the base is not repaired in 25 minutes, the base will be fired at with the Eclipse Cannon. (Got to have SOME sort of threat, after all.)

Spray him with the cannon of water and light. You are then teleported to floor 26 to fight this guy:

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 07:49PM EDT

Say hello to my BFG!

Floors 28 & 29: Two consecutive battles here due to a minor numbering error. You have to fight off two waves of large scale Soviet tank rushes (IS-4, T-54, Object 704 and Object 261, all in large numbers) with a limited number of American tanks (T110E5, M46 Patton, T30, T95 and T92, all in significant but much lesser numbers), and whatever losses you suffer on Floor 28 will not be replenished for Floor 29. All units are fully upgraded. The good news? It's Assault on Malinovka so they have to come uphill to attack your position.

Good luck, soldier.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT

Oh lookie it's a dragon.

FUS RO DAH

Floor 32: You walk in and find about ten of these guys on the right staring you down;

Armored Juggernaut
The Army's most effective way of telling you to DIAF

Good luck killing something that can shrug off ten fifty cals to the face.

Just run around him and knife or shotgun him. If you do it right, you shouldn't get too hurt.
Floor 33: You're minding your business until out of nowhere, 2

attack you.

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

I'm a Vanguard, so Charge+Nova+Heavy Melee+Disciple right to the face.
If being slammed into with the force of a truck, having my shields explode directly in front of him, and taking a punch like a sword to the gut doesn't kill him, a direct hit from an explosive shotgun will definitely do him in.

Floor Eight: You enter and you find this giant thing staring you down.

Helghast MAWLR
Because sometimes, regular old giant spider tanks aren't kill enough

Good luck.

Not that i want to derail the thread or anything but who do you think would win in a fight the MAWLR or the Scarab from halo. They are both made for essentially the same task, are roughly the same size (the Scarabs AA gun makes it a few stories taller), carry a similar main weapon, and are both essentially a battleship with legs. Personally i think the Scarab would win as its armour can survive multiple attacks from a ship-to-ship MAC cannon that fire a round carrying the same energy potential (in jouls) as a 54 megaton nuclear explosive, and has both a massive fuel rod cannon and an anti air plasma cannon both of which can bring down a UNSC frigate in seconds. Although the MAWLR is very impressive and does have a few advantages over the Scarab in terms of utility it just cant compete effectively enough with more advanced covenant tech.

Trypticon on the other hand…

As for a boss

Floor 37

Prepare for raep.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 11:13PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!