Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,706 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Your future

Last posted Jul 25, 2012 at 06:30PM EDT. Added Jul 24, 2012 at 05:47AM EDT
31 posts from 27 users

Where do you plan on going in life right now? I'm working on getting a job to save up money for college so I can learn how to fix computers. I would much rather animation though so I will work on my drawing during my free time and get into college for animation after I know I have something to fall back on in case animation doesn't work out. There's a chance this will change but it's all I got right now.

When I'm 100, I plan to go skydiving where I hope to die from a heart attack, void my bowels and disgust the skydiver strapped on to me.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 06:58AM EDT

As of now, I'm in a musical, so that takes up most of my time, and I plan/hope to work in theater and/or film as a profession. i currently work for my dad at his karate school, but with much luck and fans and creative inspiration, I'll be able to use the band I'm in as my job for the rest of highschool and all of college, but hey, you never know what'll happen

I shall be the best fighting game designer EVAR!!!
I shall create, and deep rich JRPG's full of WONDAR!!
I shall make a shooter where one boss is a Giant Land Shark that will Run across the Lava, and swim to the deepest depth of the ocean, And he Wields a CLAYMORE!!!

Also I wish the Art Intsitute of Houston would leave me the ALONE!!!!!!!!
I'LL COME TO YOU WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR I MAY RECONSIDER TAKING THAT GAME DESIGN PROGRAM!!!
GET MY DEGREE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 05:31PM EDT

I want to be the little girl
One day I too plan on attempting to join the video game business, though as this can be very difficult, I plan on perhaps becoming a graphic designer as a more stable source of income so that I can support my main goal, or at least have a solid career path to follow in case the first fails.
Maybe someday a few of us wannabe game designers may meet each other along our paths to success (or failure).

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT

I shall go to college, specifically DigiPen so I can learn to program video games.

Then I'll design some indie games, maybe join a company – but I don't plan on the company thing unless they're really creative. You know, like a Nintendo, or a Sega, or whatever. I don't want to be forced to make a Call Of Duty clone.

I may not get rich, but I was always in it for the fame more than the fortune. All that money would go to my head, anyway.

I'm currently in university to get a degree in Nursing, and after I finish next year, I'll probably look around back in Canada for a nursing job, or more likely, stay in the States because the job market here is better.

But my true passion in life is to become a football playing king in space. With a moustache.

I'm planning on starting a small studio of my own or going into a leadership position at a preexisting one.

Until then I'm in school and working as an animator, rigger, and modeler for various low budget film studios like Asylum and Jaglar.

Later this year I'm moving to either California or Japan since I've gotten a couple job offers from both places.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 07:09PM EDT

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I'm planning on starting a small studio of my own or going into a leadership position at a preexisting one.

Until then I'm in school and working as an animator, rigger, and modeler for various low budget film studios like Asylum and Jaglar.

Later this year I'm moving to either California or Japan since I've gotten a couple job offers from both places.

I heard the animation industry in Japan is horrible, and the lower level animators get paid pretty much nothing. And it's really sad; these people are just doing what they love, and the companies are exploiting that to the fullest. As a result, most animes today have horrible animation, and extremely derivative character designs (doesn't help that a lot of work is done in China and Korea either). And you can forget about a well written plot, because more likely than not, most of the episodes will be either filler or fanservice.

I'm hoping to have the weirdest funeral in history.

Currently, I'm trying to decide between sending everyone off for treasure (It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World style) or having my body lit on fire and firing myself towards a nearby house via catapult.

Edit: I'm open to suggestions, though.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 01:05AM EDT

Me, I have three plans for my future.

I Want to go to college to major in culinary. Become a chef, and (hopefully) get well known like Gordon Ramsay.

Or if that doesn't work out, work with my friends in animation and stuff like that. He wants to start a company like Funimation and I believe he can do it.

Or, maybe become a teacher in History. I love history, and stuff like it.

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

I heard the animation industry in Japan is horrible, and the lower level animators get paid pretty much nothing. And it's really sad; these people are just doing what they love, and the companies are exploiting that to the fullest. As a result, most animes today have horrible animation, and extremely derivative character designs (doesn't help that a lot of work is done in China and Korea either). And you can forget about a well written plot, because more likely than not, most of the episodes will be either filler or fanservice.

that my friend is called QUALITY

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Actually the animation industry everywhere is horrible. We get paid next to nothing and our superiors treat us like crap. Our only thank you is our small paycheck which none of us even care about. If I could only do this for free I would still do it.

Also, the quality of the product is determined by the director not the animators. The director sets the standard and the animators meet it. If the animators don't, they get fired. If the animators do too well, it sticks out like a sore thumb and the rest of the product looks worse and the director may fire them so they won't have to pay for overtime or any other kind of bonus.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 02:41PM EDT

I'm currently in the process of teaching myself how to draw that way i can become a cartoonist when i get older. Other than that i've always loved singing dancing and acting for some reason. I wanna be an actor as well but i don't think i could land any good acting jobs so i just do it for fun. :B

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!