Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

So I just finished watching Gurren Lagann

Last posted Jul 28, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT. Added Jul 27, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT
25 posts from 19 users

It was the best anime I've ever seen.

Granted, I haven't seen a lot of anime….

Anyway, to make sure this thread has a point, what's the best anime you've ever seen?

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT

I have no one "Favorite", but I have a list of tops. Those being (In no order.) TTGL*, Angel Beats, Code Geass*, Rozen Maidens* and Toradora.
The "*" is for shows that I prefer in the English dub. I especially like how dubbed Rossiau is Lelouch and Simon is Suzaku. It's almost scary how well that works.

@Fridge Logic and ANN HIRO I just finished watching Angel Beats 2 weeks ago and Gurren Lagann yesterday. And they were both awesome. But my favorite anime has to be both FullMetal Alchemist series.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT

I hear that Boku No Pico is a good one.

Ahem, sorry… I, like Kasrkai, really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. It's in my top 3 fo sho. But it really depends on what type of show you like… If you want an emotional, heart-touching anime, then you should listen to ANN HIRO and try Angel Beats_. If you want a comedy, then you could go for something like *_Azumanga Daioh*. If you like a certain genre of movies/shows, there's an anime of that genre. The challenge is finding the ones that don't suck.

If you really liked Gurren Lagann, you should try FLCL. It's animated by the same company, and it's my personal favorite. It's only 6 episodes long, so it's not hard to down in a day (and it's on Netflix).

(Also it makes little sense the first time you watch it. Thought I should through that out there…)

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 08:17PM EDT

5th Samurai Champloo. 4th Trigun. 3rd Gurren Laggan. 2nd. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. and 1st……… POKÉMON!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just messing with you, but I know people who say that. Real best anime is Cowboy Bebop.

Seriously, director Watanabe is the master of making things cool. He also did my number 5, Samurai Champloo. No manga source material, and a perfect 26 episodes.

I currently watching One Piece. Exciting stuff.
The Highschool of the Dead is quite interesting because it illustrates a Zombie Apocalypse is Japan.
I find Gurren Laggan funny at the first half, but I've lost interest to it at the end.
I had started watching Cowboy Bebop but somehow, I stopped watching it. I didn't really went far.
I didn't like the Original Fullmetal Alchemist because of the Ending. But I liked Brotherhood.
Code Geass is one of my favourite anime.

Greninja wrote:

I currently watching One Piece. Exciting stuff.
The Highschool of the Dead is quite interesting because it illustrates a Zombie Apocalypse is Japan.
I find Gurren Laggan funny at the first half, but I've lost interest to it at the end.
I had started watching Cowboy Bebop but somehow, I stopped watching it. I didn't really went far.
I didn't like the Original Fullmetal Alchemist because of the Ending. But I liked Brotherhood.
Code Geass is one of my favourite anime.

Still waiting for One piece to end…

Great series, but they have some 400 episodes.

My favorite? Well, I'm thinking about watching Gurren Lagann sometime, and it seems awesome from what I've seen of it.

I've also been watching Initial D recently, and it's pretty good.

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I don't really watch anime but I did greatly enjoy Soul Eater.

I should probably get around to actually watching Rozen Maiden sometime.

You really haven't seen Rozen Maidens!? What if Goku over there had never watched DBZ? Truth to be told, I actually prefer the desu-less dub. By any chance, have any of you ever heard of a show called Nerima Daikon Brothers? I've never seen an anime site that has it, heck, it's so low-radar that episodes of it on Youtube don't get taken down ever.

Patrick wrote:

I hear that Boku No Pico is a good one.

Ahem, sorry… I, like Kasrkai, really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. It's in my top 3 fo sho. But it really depends on what type of show you like… If you want an emotional, heart-touching anime, then you should listen to ANN HIRO and try Angel Beats_. If you want a comedy, then you could go for something like *_Azumanga Daioh*. If you like a certain genre of movies/shows, there's an anime of that genre. The challenge is finding the ones that don't suck.

If you really liked Gurren Lagann, you should try FLCL. It's animated by the same company, and it's my personal favorite. It's only 6 episodes long, so it's not hard to down in a day (and it's on Netflix).

(Also it makes little sense the first time you watch it. Thought I should through that out there…)

Actually, I planned on watching FLCL next, when I can find the time, and when the Olympics end. You know, adult swim considers it the best anime they've ever broadcast?

Anyone know where I can watch Cowboy Bebop in order? Preferably with decent quality picture?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!