Forums / Just For Fun

327,870 total conversations in 8,676 threads

+ New Thread


KnowYourMeme Just for Fun Forum Tournament of Champions

Last posted Aug 06, 2012 at 02:45AM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT
292 conversations with 49 participants

I cant decide between natty or verbs.

…….

Fuck it I"m goin with Verbs

Aug 04, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT

Gotta say, I thought all of the final four were terrific users, but I gotta go with my alter-ego, Verbose.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT
Quote

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

He seems like a she.

He’s right, guys.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:10PM EDT
Quote

Final round. May as well vote. I’m going with Verbose.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

I respect intelligence and tl;dr posting, so this one is going to Verbose.

Aug 04, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT
Quote

I’m voting for Natsuru. This is a JFF tourney. I do think I post in JFF a lot (or at least I lurk them a lot,) but I think Natsuru is a better, more easygoing JFF poster (without being so random, it doesn’t make sense.)

Also, a far better drawer and isn’t prone to bouts of DOGARS.


@Natsuru

I was looking for a poll too, but Alejandro said that we’re voting on the thread only.

Last edited Aug 04, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Aug 04, 2012 at 10:57PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I’m voting for Natsuru. This is a JFF tourney. I do think I post in JFF a lot (or at least I lurk them a lot,) but I think Natsuru is a better, more easygoing JFF poster (without being so random, it doesn’t make sense.)

Also, a far better drawer and isn’t prone to bouts of DOGARS.


@Natsuru

I was looking for a poll too, but Alejandro said that we’re voting on the thread only.

You’re voting for your opponent?

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT
Quote

@Chowzburgerz

When I was in the polls, I voted for my opponents.

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT

@chowzburgerz

Yeah. I voted for the person I thought was most deserving of the title given the people still in the competition.

That’s all there is to it.

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT
Quote

NATSURU!! YOU CAN WIN THIS!! Don’t believe in me who believes in you! Believe in the you who believes in Yourself!

FINISHING MOVE!!
GIGA DRILL!!

VOOOOOOOOTTTEEEEEE!!!

(I vote for Natsuru, in case you couldn’t tell)

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:39PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

He’s right, guys.

I’m jealous; I haven’t been mistaken for a woman online in probably well over a year. It always makes you far more popular.

Aug 05, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT
Quote

Negi Yagami wrote:

NATSURU!! YOU CAN WIN THIS!! Don’t believe in me who believes in you! Believe in the you who believes in Yourself!

FINISHING MOVE!!
GIGA DRILL!!

VOOOOOOOOTTTEEEEEE!!!

(I vote for Natsuru, in case you couldn’t tell)

(Negi is demanding me to vote for myself over the phone, but I don’t know if I can…)

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:28AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:00AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

(Negi is demanding me to vote for myself over the phone, but I don’t know if I can…)

Verbose voted for you. Maybe you should return the favor.

Aug 05, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT
Quote

Take the Verbose Pill, and you shall clear your natural urge and satisfy the obligation to vote for him. Pick the Yourself Pill, and you will have a lead in this competition and satisfy your girlfriend.

(I will think about it…)

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:14AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Take the Verbose Pill, and you shall clear your natural urge and satisfy the obligation to vote for him. Pick the Yourself Pill, and you will have a lead in this competition and satisfy your girlfriend.

(I will think about it…)

Don’t pick either.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:25AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

(Negi is demanding me to vote for myself over the phone, but I don’t know if I can…)

THINK NATSURU.

ARE YOU ONE WHO WILL FOLLOW THE WORDS OF OTHERS? BE LEAD BY THEM TO THE WATERS THEY DEMAND YOU DRINK FROM? TO SHADE YOURSELF IN THEIR DESIRES? NEVER TO REACH WHAT IS HIDDEN WITHIN YOURSELF?

OR WILL YOU LEAD YOUR OWN WAY? BECOME ONE WHOM OTHERS WILL LOOK TO? MAKE YOUR OWN PATH AND TRAMPLE IT? FILL YOURSELF WITH THE WATERS OF WISDOM AS YOU EXPERIENCE YOUR OWN LIFE? WILL YOU BECOME YOUR OWN MAN?

DON’T BE THE MAN OTHERS WANT YOU TO BE. BE THE MAN YOU WANT TO BE!

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:30AM EDT
Quote

I vote Verbose, because he makes sense, does Samuel L. Jackson impressions, and could ban me if he wanted.

Tho I do like Natsuru’s illustrations.

Also, they’re both dudes.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:36AM EDT
Quote

@Bob

GIGA DRILL!

VOOOTE!!
(Verboses Vote on Left Side, My vote on Right)

I vote for Verbose.

The rest is up to the rest of you guys.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:42AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:40AM EDT
Quote

Brucker wrote:

I’m jealous; I haven’t been mistaken for a woman online in probably well over a year. It always makes you far more popular.

OH COME ON BRO THAT’S COMPLETELY SEXIST AND BULLSH

True.

I sincerely apologize for not making the poll on time, although to be fair, perhaps it was for the better (lol the last poll). Saturday is my “actually do stuff” day, you know.


Before I vote, let us take this opportunity to remember those that have fallen in the glorious battlefield of tour (harharhar). No matter if you lost in the first, second, third, fourth, semifinals, or weren’t included, each and every one of you is an indispensable part of this community.

Yes, even you Alejandro.

Let this tournament bring us together into an ever closer bond of mutual love and toleration.


That being said, I vote for Verbose. His truly cogent and puissant manner of posting has captivated me from the beginning of my days here at KYM.

I still remember my first time meeting him in Poni General:

Fvck dat b!tch @ss twins n!gga.
I’m just kidding. He’s probably not black. And I don’t want to have sex with him.

Ah, Verbose. Such a way with words, je ne sais quoi.

(Forgive me for resorting to grandiloquence instead of sustenance; I’m slightly woozy after a bit of alcohol.)

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 03:05AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 03:03AM EDT
Quote

If I had the choice I would throw my vote at myself, but I think I already voted Natsuru.
But what matters is the top 10 users, that cover a broad general what makes the KYM userbase great. I’m 7th place of course. Y’know what would be a great Idea? After the finals are done Take everyone from the top 10 and see what they represent about KYM

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 10:01AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 09:49AM EDT
Quote

It was a close battle all the way…
But in the end…
The winner is…
Verbose.
Congratulations.

Everyone, I have something to say. No, I’m not leaving KYM, and no, I’m not going to bitch about how the userbase are all assholes. That’s not true. Everybody on this site brings something to the table. Everyone has something that they’re entitled to complain about. But everyone also has something that other people are entitled to complain about. This little fun competition wasn’t meant to alienate anybody in any way, and if it did, it’s nobody’s fault. Not mine, not Twins’, not Natsuru’s or Verbose’s, not any old users’, and not any new users’. It’s the fault of whoever is so childishly jealous of these users who just so happen to be older, more experienced, more well-known, etc.. Would it be so hard if we could open our minds up just a teeny-tiny bit and try and actually congratulate the ones who did well instead of being whiny and complaining about how “everybody hates me because I’m new waaaah”? Because I sure as Hell would think that discussing or voting for who is considered to be more known is a much better solution than fighting about who’s more popular. Listen everyone. This was Just For Fun, right? It was supposed to be, anyway. Emphasis on the JUST. You know we’re all like a family. Well, sometimes, families fight. It’s not the apocalypse if you don’t get included once in a while. Some of us (not exempting myself or anybody else, even mods) need to learn to not take things so seriously. If we did, this would have been a lot more fun than it was. Maybe someday we’ll do another. But I wanted to try and bring us closer, not drive us apart. I saw many good sports, and I’m happily surprised to see we didn’t have many sore sports. This wasn’t a game of favourites. It was just a game. So thank you all for doing this with me.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 10:18AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 10:17AM EDT
Quote

First and foremost, I want very much to thank Twins. Without her this wouldn’t have been possible. So thank you Twins very very much.

Here they are…
Top 10 Players:

  1. Verbose: 76 (Champion)
  2. Natsuru: 84 (Runner-Up)
  3. Brawler: 70
  4. RussianFedora: 68
  5. Suiseiseki: 60
  6. Mexican Android: 51
  7. Opspe: 49
  8. ANN HIRO: 45
  9. Blue Screen (of Death): 41
  10. Alejandro & Random 21: 38

Okay, I know you want reasons they make KYM great, but I have something else. Since there are 11 winners, I’d like to do something.

A long time ago, I came up with a concept called “The Eleven Realities of Life”. This is purely coincidental, but bear with me. I believe that eleven things are certain realities we all have to face in life. These are:

  • Birth
  • Emotion
  • Nature
  • Separation
  • Ecstasy
  • Fame
  • Death
  • Loneliness
  • Hate
  • Mentality
  • Love

I believe these things will happen to all of us at some point in our lives. And if even one of these goes missing, life is not complete. Which is why all of these things are necessary. Think of KnowYourMeme as Life. These eleven users each represent one of those qualities.

  • Birth: ANN HIRO
    • ANN, you represent Birth, because you have been here long enough to see many people come and go. You were around at the conception of many ideals of the site and so much more.
  • Emotion: Natsuru
    • Natsuru, you represent Emotion, because you are one of the most compassionate and caring users on the site.
  • Nature: Suiseiseki
    • Sui, you represent Nature, because there are so many things, especially art, that come naturally to you, which is a wonderful gift to possess.
  • Separation: Random 21
    • Random, you represent Separation, because if I remember correctly, you were wary that the userbase wouldn’t accept you, but they did, and you earned a good place on KYM.
  • Ecstasy: Teh Brawler
    • Brawler, you represent Ecstasy, because your wit and wisdom helps balance out KYM, and though you are a mod, you are very lighthearted and funny.
  • Fame: Mexican Android
    • Mex, you represent Fame, because your threads have become very popular and in the polls, it proves your fame, because you beat out much older and more distinguished users despite your newness.
  • Death: Verbose
    • Verbose, you represent Death, because you end many unnecessary things that happen on the site. We wouldn’t be here though, without death. So this is in many ways a good thing.
  • Loneliness: Opspe
    • Opspe, you represent Loneliness, because you have at times been isolated from the userbase as a result of your profundity and class. You are very much needed here though, Opspe.
  • Hate: RussianFedora
    • RF, you represent Hate, not because you are hated, or because you do hate, but because your reputation for trolling has been both loved and hated by many.
  • Mentality: Blue Screen (of Death)
    • BSoD, you represent Mentality, because many things you say help us, and it is evident that you are thoughtful and profound at many times.
  • Love: Alejandro
    • Finally, I represent Love, because I have a great love for all of you, whether you get on my nerves or vice versa. And I love being part of such a wonderful community.

Yes, I know it’s silly, but it’s important to me, just as you all are. So thank you for everything, KnowYourMeme. And here’s to many more great times!

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 11:43AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 11:19AM EDT
Quote

Congrats, Verbs, you certainly deserve it.

Aug 05, 2012 at 11:20AM EDT
Quote

@ Alejandro
Very fitting and well thought out. Thank you, and Twins as well.


Verbose won… So congrats on that.
Now that the competition is over I can give karma again.
Verbose won the poll for winner, but Natsuru had the most votes overall
please ignore

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 12:55PM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

Thanks, guys. I’m not sure if I’m the champion of the forum, let alone JFF particularly, but it’s nice that you guys think of me. I’d hope that I’m not a “no fun” sort of user.

Verbose, you represent Death, because you end many unnecessary things that happen on the site. We wouldn’t be here though, without death. So this is in many ways a good thing.

Thanks for that, bro. I appreciate it. UGH. (Just kidding, of course.) Of course, I would say that I think this was a fun idea, but I said that from the beginning.

I’d really like to play, but even in a game, I don’t like to play favorites. I’m here because I love the community, and I’d hate to pick someone over another.

However, I’ll be watching the game. I think it seems like a lot of fun.

If something like this happens, might I suggest a seeding system based upon points? As you can see, Natsuru actually did better in the rounds coming up to this in terms of total points. In that sense, my “victory” was an upset.

So based on the points, let’s say Natsuru would have the 1 seed. I would have the 2 seed, Brawler the 3, and so on through 8, 16, or 32. Then those without seedings would be matched up with each other.

Or if you wanted to make it so that people have a “better” chance of progressing, the top seeds could go against each other (i.e. Verbose vs. Natsuru, Brawler vs. RF, Seki vs. Mexican Android, etc.) and those that didn’t have seeds or are new could face each other early.

Or the top few seeds could be barred from the tourney altogether (or just the winner, which I wouldn’t mind.)


Also, I’ve always like the idea of tournament brackets. I don’t know why, but I’m a huge geek about upsets, seedings, and how people are chosen for the tournament. It’s a little sickening.

Aug 05, 2012 at 12:57PM EDT
Quote

Congratulations Verbose on becoming the 2012 KYM JFF World Series Champion.

Aug 05, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Quote

Congrats Verbose.

I can’t help but wonder how far I would’ve come if I didn’t got put up against Natsu in round 2 already. Same with certain other users. Some results are still random not to forget. I was put up against the person with the most votes very early, same with other users who were pretty fucked from the beginning. Others of which I personally think (does not represent general opinion) wouldn’t make it that far, got pretty far because the people they were put up against were easier than what others got.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 01:56PM EDT
Quote

Congratulations Verbose for winning. And to everyone else who was in the tournament.

Aug 05, 2012 at 02:29PM EDT
Quote
Fame: Mexican Android
Mex, you represent Fame, because your threads have become very popular and in the polls, it proves your fame, because you beat out much older and more distinguished users despite your newness.

Mfw when I got to my computer and see this.

P.s. Congrats, Verbose

Aug 05, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT

@Alejandro

Remind me to steal your concept one day. It’s brilliant.

And interesting, Natsuru actually got more overall votes than Verbose. Methinks this is due to the structure of the tournament, with all the random, and sometimes unbalanced match-ups. If you randomized the first round match-ups another time, there would be very much different results for the top 10. Meaning, by this measure, the top 10 is not very encompassing of the general KYM opinion (although you all are atill awesome people).


I dislike the idea of seeding system, because it goes against the nature of such a competition. Handicaps are only warranted when there is a greater disparity in skill level, and the concept would not apply very well to what essentially boils down to a popularity contest. Randomization is the best way to go in a tournament like this.


Still, this was extremely fun and I loved every second of it. And that’s all Alejandro wanted, to tie us closer together in the eternal bonds of friendship. On that note, he succeeded. We all succeeded.

Congratulations Verbose on being the Know Your Meme Just for Fun Forum Tournament Champion of 2012. Enjoy your excessively long title, and the powers granted to you with it. Which is to say, none at all.

Thank you, citizens of KYM.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT
Quote

@everyone on KYM
You guys are all wonderful people and should be proud that you grace this Earth with your presence.

Thanks.
I’m glad I got to help the forums in any way I could.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT
Quote

Well, it was a close battle. Good Job Verbose!

At least I made it to the finals, with the most overall votes. xD

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT
Quote

Okay i finally got my laptop back from my big brother and i have to say is congrats Verbs! You truly are a great user and I’m glad that you’ve won! Both of you are great users and i think both of you deserved to win but i guess there can only be one spot!

I’m actually kinda tearing up right now….

Aug 05, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT

Echoing what a lot of others have said, while I don’t think I was ever in the running for the championship, the fact that I went up against opspe in round one gave me no chance to even make it to round two. Still, it was just for fun, and a pretty cool idea, so thanks, Alejandro, and congrats to Verbose and all of the top vote-getters.

Aug 06, 2012 at 02:45AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!