Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,306 total conversations in 8,687 threads

+ New Thread

Assimilation

Last posted Aug 19, 2012 at 08:22PM EDT. Added Aug 15, 2012 at 01:11AM EDT
269 posts from 32 users

If any ship is boarded by the Borg, initiate self-destruct protocols and head to escape pods! Hold them back as far as you can!

All ships, volley 4!

(They’re just going to keep shooting, you know)

Aug 15, 2012 at 09:04PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

If any ship is boarded by the Borg, initiate self-destruct protocols and head to escape pods! Hold them back as far as you can!

All ships, volley 4!

(They’re just going to keep shooting, you know)

Dude, I’m Janeway. I have to self-destruct at some point.

Anyhoo…

Fire torpedoes 1 and 2 now!

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 09:05PM EDT

“I shall forgive your false gods… for now.”

“Prepare the fleet! We must cleanse Teegeeack of this filth!”

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 09:10PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 09:09PM EDT

Dammit Bob, I told you to stop flying airplanes into space; That’s my job!

Bill talked you into this, didn’t he?

Aug 15, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT

Oh, great, the Scientologists came to fight.

How do those 21st-century retrofits still work? I thought they were obsolete by the time they mass-produced the NX-class.

Well, actually, Captain-

SHUT UP NEELIX NO ONE LIKES YOU

Aug 15, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT

>Detected enemy weapons charging
>Weapons signature recognized from previous attack
>Adapting
>
>DAMAGE REPORT
>
>18% DESTROYED
>26% Damaged
>56% Operational
>
>Adapting
>
>DAMAGE REPORT
>
>18% DESTROYED
>29% Damaged
>53% Operational
>
>Adapting
>
>DAMAGE REPORT
>
>18% DESTROYED
>27% Damaged
>55% Operational
>
>Begin enemy ship Assimilation
>Transport boarding parties…

>Boarded

>Boarded

>Boarded

Aug 15, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT

Crap, they got on the ship.

//pushes self destruct button//

//exits ship//

//rides shockwave into the Caldari Titan loading bay//

heheheh

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:04PM EDT

VWORPVWORPVWORP

(The borg are basically screwed now the Doctor’s gotten invovled. Their greatest mistake was probably assimilating those Daleks at the start.)

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT

>Vessel designated “NCC-74656: USS VOYAGER” can not be boarded.
>Ablative Armor Generator in effect.
>
>Vessel designated “UNKNOWN” destroyed.
>Boarding team recovered.

rolls around in the dirt because I don’t have a rocket ship

Rotate phaser frequencies and fire at will. Arm torpedo bays 1 and 2.

Mr Paris, engage a flyby maneuver. Fire all torpedos when the cube is in their firing arc.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT

(The boarding party ends up coming face to face with Commander Shepard, Garrus Vakarian, and Urdnot Wrex)

Hey. Guess what?

You’re all dead.

(Massive amounts of supressing fire. In the meanwhile, EDI puts the ship into lockdown)

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

Doctor: I’m picking up strange readings from this point in space and time. What’s going on?

(As a side note, the TARDIS does have some shields up – last time they were down when flying through the time vortex, it collided with the Titanic – a space Titanic, that is.)

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT

Captain, there’s a spatial anomaly 5 km starboard. I’m getting life signs from inside – one human, one unknown. Should I attempt to hail?

Hail them, Ensign.

Unknown vessel, this is the Federation starship Voyager. You are in a high-risk area. Identify yourself.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

Amy: Doctor? How do we respond?

Doctor: I’m The Doctor, here ot investigate a disruption of space and time that could potentially threaten the Universe. What is going on here?

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:25PM EDT

Doctor… you are currently positioned a few km from a subspace multiverse tear which has connected several alternate universes to this one. The Borg, a semi-cybernetic race from this reality, is trying to access it in order to infect the other universes. We have assembled fleets from several universes, but the Borg are still gaining ground. Your ship appears to be… rather small, Doctor. Do you have any weaponry at your disposal?

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Doctor… you are currently positioned a few km from a subspace multiverse tear which has connected several alternate universes to this one. The Borg, a semi-cybernetic race from this reality, is trying to access it in order to infect the other universes. We have assembled fleets from several universes, but the Borg are still gaining ground. Your ship appears to be… rather small, Doctor. Do you have any weaponry at your disposal?

we would have won this a while ago but our ship missed.

…sorry.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:37PM EDT

Thank you, Doctor. We don’t have much time.

…Oh, and Doctor… you may want to know that before the fleet was assembled, a ship identifying itself as Dalek came through your tear. Should we be aware of anything?

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT

Come in, Voyager. This is Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise-E.

We have received several distress signals from your area, in addition to the enormous disturbance created by the presence of the Borg, and we have alerted Starfleet Command. Several ships are on their way here to provide additional assistance. In the meantime, we’ll have to make due with what we have. We are awaiting orders.

It’s time to end this, once and for all. Let’s blow these robotic bastards back to the bloody stone ages.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Amy: Doctor? How do we respond?

Doctor: I’m The Doctor, here ot investigate a disruption of space and time that could potentially threaten the Universe. What is going on here?

We’ve got Caldari and Minmitar fleets in a temporary alliance, Federation, The Normandy battleships commanded by Shepherd and his crew, C.A.T.S., Dogfort, Undead, Imperial Star Destroyers, Spiderman, The Grotan Collective, Touhou, a bunch of Mexicans, a male hypnotist with a god complex that looks like a woman and may possible be homosexual, Alchemists, Vogons (useless), robotics russians, germans, australians, texans, frenchmen, and New Yorkians, as well as android flame thrower robots, also with bombs on legs, Diamond Sword and Blood Eagle pathfinders, Star Fox and his wingmen, Jebediah Kerman, Xenu, The Imperial Guard (not affiliated with the Imperial Star Destroyers), Religious fanatics…

and now time lords.

And we’re all fighting the Borg.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT

Doctor: [after locating the tear using the TARDIS’ scanners] Now to figure out how exactly to close this… And many of those names are new to me…

Amy: [notices the tech priest] Doctor? What is that?

(meanwhile, on the surface…)

[Subterranean Sun has ended]

Blood Eagle Pathfinder: …Am I seeing things? Because there appears to be a small blue box in the sky…

Diamond Sword Pathfinder: I see it too, Blood Eagle.

…Let me see – Wait… What is HE doing here?

(the Pathfinders have not received any communications from the Doctor)

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:44PM EDT

Understood Enterprise. We received a transmission from Command earlier, but were not aware you were a part of the taskforce.

I know this is a difficult subject for you, Captain, but it’s good to have Locutus on our side this time.

Be aware that we have encountered several alternate reality fleets that are helping us defend the tear. A humanoid of unknown race identifying himself as the Doctor is attempting to close the tear, but he is unarmed. We need to defend him at all costs; I think he may be the only one who can possibly fix this.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT

Doctor: …Hold on. Did you just say Dalek? …Well, that’s bad news. They may go after your opponents, but they’ll go after you afterwards. Any alliances they make are only temporary, and in the interest of self-survival. They are my worst and deadliest enemies, and they must be destroyed!

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT

(While everyone else is doing their thing, the Mass Effect fleet is still pouring a monumental amount of fire into the Borg Cube)

(While not every shot is going to hit or do damage, when you’re being hit that many times by that many guns that big…)

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Understood Enterprise. We received a transmission from Command earlier, but were not aware you were a part of the taskforce.

I know this is a difficult subject for you, Captain, but it’s good to have Locutus on our side this time.

Be aware that we have encountered several alternate reality fleets that are helping us defend the tear. A humanoid of unknown race identifying himself as the Doctor is attempting to close the tear, but he is unarmed. We need to defend him at all costs; I think he may be the only one who can possibly fix this.

Understood, Captain Janeway. We will defend this “Doctor” with our lives. The lines have been drawn.

And I believe I should have you know that Locutus of Borg was annihilated years ago. I am, and always shall be, Jean-Luc Picard of Earth. I’ll take that to their monstrous queen when I see her in Hell.

Mr. LeForge! Divert all additional energy to the shields! We must hold this position as long as possible!

Aye, Captain, I’ll give all this ship’s got!

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

No, Doctor. You don’t understand. The Borg got to them before we could warn them. they were immediately boarded and assimilated. Any technological superiority they may have held is now known by the Borg. Is there anything we need to know about?

Mr Tuvok, Continue fire! Tom, keep those strafing runs up! Torpedo bays, load and fire! We need to keep this up!

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 10:56PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

If this can’t destroy it, then only the Grotan can save us all from the Borg.
NOW, BEEHOLD, OPTIIC BLA2T !!

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

No, Doctor. You don’t understand. The Borg got to them before we could warn them. they were immediately boarded and assimilated. Any technological superiority they may have held is now known by the Borg. Is there anything we need to know about?

Mr Tuvok, Continue fire! Tom, keep those strafing runs up! Torpedo bays, load and fire! We need to keep this up!

Captain, are you sure this Doctor knows what he’s doing?! Has he ever even faced the Borg? My ship is going to be destroyed defending him! I must know his plan!

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Captain, are you sure this Doctor knows what he’s doing?! Has he ever even faced the Borg? My ship is going to be destroyed defending him! I must know his plan!

Captain, like I said, these are all ships from alternate universes. Until Starfleet arrives, we are the only ones with combat experience against them.

As for the rest of your question, something tells me that this Doctor is more useful than he lets on.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT

Doctor: So, these Borg creatures… are you saying they defeated the Daleks? and acquired their technology? That is abd news – Dalekanium is resistant to most firearms, and Daleks are typically shielded. The best thing to do is to go for the eyestalk, to blind them.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT

>Vessel designated “NCC-1701: USS ENTERPRISE” detected.
>Resistance level: EXTREME
>Collective not established: ENGAGE GROUND FORCES.
>Establish Collective
>
>Report loss of boarding crew on “UNKNOWN
>Report projectile weapons fire from “UNKNOWN
>Scanning
>
>UNKNOWN designated “UNKNOWN” detected.
>Resistance level: UNKNOWN
>Scanning communications…
>Designate “Medical Officer”
>Collective not established: Destroy.
>
>Firing weapons target “Medical Officer” shuttle…

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT

Amy: Doctor? We’re being shot at!

Doctor: Looks like we need some evasive maneuvers! [reaches for the flight controls, in an attempt to navigate the TARDIS out of the firing line]

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Captain, like I said, these are all ships from alternate universes. Until Starfleet arrives, we are the only ones with combat experience against them.

As for the rest of your question, something tells me that this Doctor is more useful than he lets on.

I’ll take your word for it. As long as he can engineer a solution quickly, I’ll be satisfied.

(seriously, I want to win this game, this thread can’t go on forever.)

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Doctor: So, these Borg creatures… are you saying they defeated the Daleks? and acquired their technology? That is abd news – Dalekanium is resistant to most firearms, and Daleks are typically shielded. The best thing to do is to go for the eyestalk, to blind them.

That’s not going to do us any good, Doctor. the Borg will simply adapt it to their humanoid drones. Is there any other weakness? Energy weapons? Gravitons?

I’m transmitting frequencies for the Enterprise, commanded by Captain Picard. He has experience with the Borg and his ship has extensive scientific capabilities. He wants to see how he can help you.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT

>Scan complete of vessel "UNKNOWN projectile fire.
>
>Employing technological adaption from “KYM ASSIMILATED TECHNOLOGY 001: DALEK
>Adapted.
>
>Charge weapons.
>Target “UNKNOWN
>Scanning communications…
>Re-designate “UNKNOWN” to “VESSEL SR-2”
>Fire, “VESSEL SR-2” Damaged sections…

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT

(The Normandy immediately drops into FTL travel for a moment)

(It retreats a fair distance away, most likely where teleporters can’t be used, then drops out and begins sniping the cube with Thanix cannons)

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT

Doctor, they’ve adapted the Dalekanium! We need a solution NOW!

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT

Doctor: Energy weapons will have some chance of getting through Dalek shields, yes. The more powerful, the better. Energy weapons will not have problems with Dalekanium from my experience, so I fail to see how this “adaptation” would help much.

[A couple of ships rise up from the surface, each containing a squad of Pathfinders]

Blood Eagle Pathfinder: We will bring glory to the Tribe by striking down that cube!

Diamond Sword Pathfinder: Just know that once this is over, the conflict will resume. [mutters “butcher” quietly]

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 11:13PM EDT

(…This is certainly becoming hectic…)

I…. don’t think danmaku is going to help… Everything’s going on in space now – even the Pathfinders have taken to orbit!

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:16PM EDT

All ships of the fleet: if you have energy-based weapons, concentrate fire with them.

Any ships without energy weapons: Contact Enterprise and Voyager, we will attempt to attach some makeshift phaser weapons. We are contacting Command now to have them bring more.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:17PM EDT

OK! I think we’re ready to fire our nova cannon at the box ship! We normally use it for killing planets but, hey, theres no kill like overkill. amiright?

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

OK! I think we’re ready to fire our nova cannon at the box ship! We normally use it for killing planets but, hey, theres no kill like overkill. amiright?

Go ahead, it’s worth a chance. All ships, be aware: a planet killer is being fired. Encrypted firing arc schematics are being transmitted.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

We’ll all fire in unison. That should take a huge hit on the Cube. Everyone has to aim their fire on the exact same spot for this to work.

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

And if you miss this time I will use Yukari’s power to shoot the beam back at the Cube! :3

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT

“This is Commander Cruise, aboard MV Freewinds! Any surviving units, regroup and join the attack!”

“We’re launching everything we’ve got left! This better fucking work!”

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT

… Are they seriously sending boats and planes after space ships?

And the least logical decision award goes to….

[in space…]

Doctor: [scanning the tear to try and find a way of closing it]

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!