Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,451 total conversations in 8,632 threads

+ New Thread

Rescue Mission.

Last posted Oct 13, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT. Added Aug 16, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT
349 posts from 19 users

“As I said, I’ll lead Team Ghost. Someone else can head up Team Shazbot.”

“I’m specifically looking for people to assist a covert infiltration. That’s my specialty.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:47PM EDT

I heard you guys want a little merc help.
Name the job and I’ll probably be able to help.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:51PM EDT

Sparty turned to Pyro. “Two well-known users got kidnapped. We’re going in to kick their kidnappers’ asses, get them out, and then possibly have some sort of fun afterwards.”

He turned back to Zar. “Could probably head Team Shazbot. I can’t really take heavy fire, but I can keep them on me and try to outspeed their fire.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:52PM EDT

Alright. I’ll take the Shazbot party.
Let me know when we move out, I’ll be there

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:57PM EDT

The Kidnapper said he’s using Ann’s and Natsuru’s energy to power the lair… If we can detect their energy we could find his lair in no time, Megalolzor since you can be a Super Saiyan you must have the ability to detect Natsuru’s Energy, Can you do that?

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:22PM EDT

I’ll do that.
I should go with Team Shazbot, I’m pretty good with handling heavy fire.
Now, should we head out now, or do we need anymore time to prepare?

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:33PM EDT

Sparty checked himself over. Shields were good to go, and two quick flares – one from his boosters, the other from a blue glow, confirmed his thrusters and biotics were good to go.

“I think I’m ready to head out.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:36PM EDT

Teridax got up from where he was sitting, and attached his shield to his left arm, and did a couple of swings with his sword, and it started to glow in a dark aura. He stood beside the futuristic looking warrior, his piercing, glowing, red eyes glanced over at the armored ally. He stood at a height of six feet and five inches. The horns coming out of his hood were a jet black color, while the skull on the top of his hood was a dim white, stained with blood. The hood covered his entire face, except for his eyes, and his sinister, toothy smile. His hands were covered by black patterns and lines, mostly covering his dark reddish black skin. His nails were short, but sharp like claws. He truly looked intimidating.

“So what’s the plan, boss?” He asked the one he was standing next to.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 01:52PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 01:52PM EDT

I get off my comfortable couch, turn off my wall of televisions, and sigh wistfully, my dark gray eyes betraying a previous life of anguish and angst…

Just kidding. I get off my comfortable couch and turn off my wall of televisions, which, at the throw of a lever, rotates to reveal a massive gun rack. I grab an assault rifle, slide clips into a few handguns, and throw a sniper rifle over my shoulder.

“I’ll go with Team Shazbot. I guess you could say…”

I put on sunglasses.

“I am the greatest.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:55PM EDT

Sparty looked at Exudes, and promptly tapped “VGN”, then “VGTG” into his omni-tool.

The result: “No.” “I am the greatest!”

He then looked to Zar. “Get up close to the base, scout it out, and then figure out the actual plan from there. Failing that, improvise.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:57PM EDT

(takes a suppressed SMG, a few grenades, a sniper rifle and a suppressed pistol)

“Let’s do this.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 01:58PM EDT

As people were setting up their teams. Falcon came back with the IP address.
“lemme see…” Falcon said as he searched it up.
“This clue seems to lead us to the City of Deadpool”

Several members of the the Rescue team make it to the City of Deadpool.
“Mega can you sense their energy here?” NotSoCool Said.
“Yeah.” Mega looks into the sky.
“Look it’s a blimp with a large screen.”

A black screen with only a white circle was on that screen
“Congratulations for getting at least this far. But you see your ability won’t work. I’ve made special precautions to that. What you sense was some energy I’ve stored in this blimp.”
“Wait your powering that blimp with their power!?” Alejandro yelled.
“Not only the blimp, but this ENERGY CANON. SAY GOOD BYE TO THE CITY OF DEADPOOL!!!”
In an instant a flash of light, and the city of deadpool was now ruins.

How do you guys survive?

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:16PM EDT

Sparty noticed the cannon. It looked big. And if he knew anything about the power o-

ZAP

…When all was said and done, Sparty was still there, both of his hands up and a biotic bubble surrounding him, having taken the force of the blast. It deactivated and he dropped to one knee.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 02:20PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 02:18PM EDT

I reach the ruins of Deadpool in my private luxury helicopter, throwing the weakened Sparty and any other wounded rescuers inside. Unfortunately, the helicopter is quite small, so I’m only able to take a few. The rest of Team Shazbot will have to stay behind.

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT

((Am I the only one confused as to what city I’m in? That wasn’t really explained.))

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:26PM EDT

(City of Deadpool. They said several rescuers, so w/e)

Sparty looked around the chopper, and saw a familiar-ish face.

He waved to (at least, what he assumed was) the beige-ish pony in the chopper. “Ahoy, Exudes. Thanks for the save, I’ll be good in a few minutes.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:27PM EDT

Teridax, also being part of the rescue team inside the city saw the chopper as well. “Over here!” He yelled, as he was getting up from the rubble that surrounded him. He raced over to the chopper to see that it was just a few feet off the ground. He then jumped for it, and grabbed the railing underneath the copter and climbed up into it.

“You guys didn’t think you’d get rid of me that easily, now did you?” The demon scowled.

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

Mega got up from the rubble ontop of him, pretty injured.
The building he ran inside must have been pretty strong to not be in complete ashes like most of the other buildings are now.
He saw the helicopter fly away with Team Ghost.
“I hope they’ll come back for us…”
Mega then fell to the ground, unconscious, in need of a medical healing pod.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT

Sparty shrugged. “No idea. Think I’ll be good.”

He walked out to the edge of the chopper. “PEACE OUT, AND REMEMBER, I AM THE GREATEST!”

He jumped, and paradived out of the helicopter, slowing his descent by using the ground to break his fall.

The ground, in response, cracked and broke.

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:41PM EDT

(leaps out of helicopter)

MAXIMUM ARMOR

(suit power drained completely on impact with ground)

No man left behind.

TACTICAL MODE

There! Signs of life!

(swiftly moves to Mega’s position)

“Just hang in there a second, I’m coming for you!”

(suit power recharged) “MAXIMUM POWER” (begins digging through rubble)

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT

Geez, I tried to do something nice! If all you people are just gonna get in and jump out, save the space for people like Mega who actually need it!

Unfortunately, I don’t actually know that Mega needs help.

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:55PM EDT

“Hey, at least I’ve got an armored suit that heals my wounds. Let me do all the search and rescue work!” (grabs Mega from the rubble, pulls a smoke grenade from my belt)

“Alright, come around and pick him up!” (pulls pin on smoke grenade)

Aug 17, 2012 at 02:59PM EDT

Sparty reached the point where Nair was rather quickly after recovering from his helicopter jump.

“Good, you got him. What’re we going to do about that blimp? Can’t just shoot it down, not unless we want Ann and Nat to die. And something around it might prevent infiltration.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:00PM EDT

“Got a few fighter pilot friends, could give them a call and advise them on how to disable the thing without destroying it…”

“I dunno, just a thought.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT

Teridax finally climbed into the helicopter, and sat down on one of the seats next to the owner of it. “It would be the right thing to go back for him, and you know it.” He said calmly, putting the sword covered in the dark aura in his lap. “I personally think that he will be a vital asset to us if we wish to stop whoever has captured those poor saps. But you’re the owner of this thing.” Teridax says while he takes the sword from his lap, and grips it tightly.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT

“It’d be difficult. Even a fighter jet’s cannon can cause massive damage and even then the only way to bring a blimp down is to pop the balloon. It won’t burn up, so long as he’s using helium to float, but… I’ll put it like this; terminal velocity from high altitude hurts.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:05PM EDT

I’ll say again, I thought you all needed help. This thing isn’t armed, but with some cover I could get a landing party on board that blimp. Whad’dya say?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT

You guys forgot about me:

Name: Chowzburgerz

Rescue Team Offensive Man

Powers:

Skilled Katana user

Skilled Gunman

Skilled Freerunner

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT

Sparty nodded. He reached into his SDU and pulled out a white organic-looking six-barreled minigun – a Geth-made Spitfire.

“Come down and pick us up. I can provide the cover fire.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:08PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

“It’d be difficult. Even a fighter jet’s cannon can cause massive damage and even then the only way to bring a blimp down is to pop the balloon. It won’t burn up, so long as he’s using helium to float, but… I’ll put it like this; terminal velocity from high altitude hurts.”

“I’m talking about the Aces of Razgriz here, the greatest fighter pilots I’ve ever seen. If they aren’t good enough shots to disable it without killing everyone, I don’t know who are.”

“I understand about the guns causing heavy damage, but hopefully they can disarm and immobilize the thing without causing structural damage. Hopefully the enemy airship has multiple internal air reservoirs so it won’t go down hard if they start getting ruptured.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT

“Yeah, well… hope for the best, get ready for the worst. Call in the Demons – just make sure you damn well understand what’s going to happen if anything cocks up.”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:12PM EDT

“Should have known he used the Power for something more then a lair” Said Notsocool,
He standed up bruised from the rubble that fell from the building Megalolzors hid in, He heard a smoke grenade and climb over the lager rubble towards the sound;efficiently finding American Tanker and Megalolzors.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:13PM EDT

There’s a large gate, but it seems the gate can only be open from the inside. I’ll use my parkour skills to climb the wall and open the gate for you guys.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT

Teridax and I touch down. Everyone who’s landing on the blimp, get on. I’ll have to drop you off on top of the blimp’s envelope, since it’s the only place I can get to with a helicopter.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

“Yeah, well… hope for the best, get ready for the worst. Call in the Demons – just make sure you damn well understand what’s going to happen if anything cocks up.”

“Hooah.”

(opens communication line)

“Blaze, you copy? Got a hostile airship at my location. Only one problem: Enemy has taken hostages and they are aboard. You aren’t allowed to destroy the craft outright. Disarm and immobilize. Understood?”

(over built-in radio) “Roger, Serious. Razgriz, move in on the target. Watch your fire.”

“Edge copies. Ready to engage.”

“Swordsman here, roger that. Going in.”

“Archer here. Copy that. Engaging.”

(four black F-22B Strike Raptors {think the regular F-22, just with an F-15E Strike Eagle’s ground attack mods} roar into the battlefield)

(to Sparty) “Here goes nothing.”

OOC: I’d rather have someone else tell everyone what the Razgriz Squadron accomplishes. I’d be biased.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT

Sparty nodded, before looking up at the blimp.

As the helicopter landed, he stepped on-board. “Come on folks, let’s get in!”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT

Mega awoke, dizzy, still in pain.
He checked his pockets to find a senzu bean.
He gulped down the senzu bean, and the pain began leaving from his body.
Mega looked up at the blimp with an enraged face. Whoever is behind this is going to get his ass kicked.
He proceeded to get in the helicopter.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:23PM EDT

I’ll find a way for the helicopter to land in this villain’s HQ.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:24PM EDT

Ann’s “Thoughts”:

How long has it been? I was caught off guard. I was sleeping. This big machine i’m strapped too.
I can’t do a thing. Worst part is he has caught Natsuru. If she can’t break out… Hey wheres my hat?! MY HAT, MY HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Oh whats this. Seems like your agitated. I’ll tell you two some good news then. Looks like friends survived the canon, but still they think that blimp has you two.”
I can hear him walking away.
“Time to tell them some news too.”

“Congratultions on living! The next clue to finding me is on the blimp!”

How are you getting to that blimp? What will be the next clue?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:25PM EDT

I’ll get on the blimp by doing some parkour jumps from these towers at the HQ. The blimp should be reachable for me.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:27PM EDT

Mega, being a couple feet away from the helicopter, looks up at the blimp, then back to the helicopter.
“This could be a trap, but I don’t want any of you getting hurt here. I’ll go on the blimp and look for this clue this guy is talking about.”
Before any of the crew could stop him, he flew up to the blimp, ready for whatever he was about to face.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT

“Ah shit, Mega! Get down from there!”

“I just called in an aerial squadron to disable that thing!”

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

Hey Mega. I wonder where’s the clue. Suddenly hencemen appear out of nowhere as I draw my katana.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT

ENCOUNTER!!!!!!!
The enemy you will face are androids.
As androids they are much stronger than any human.
They are powered by “Batteries” charged with Ann, and Natsuru’s Power.
They come with standard Rocket Punches.
Palm Lazers shooting condensed energy from their batteries.
They also have emulated some of Ann’s, and Natsuru’s abilities.
Pyrokintetics
Limited Chi, and Mana Absobtion
Flight mode powered by their batteries.

About 6 of them.

The 4 lines rule also apply in battle. Make sure it’s reasonable when fighting your enemies, don’t skip things.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 03:59PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 03:50PM EDT

I noticed some chords connecting the androids and the batteries. I cut these chords on two androids thus killing them. I then pull out my revolver.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT

“Great.”

Sparty unhooked a Semtex grenade and wound up. “STICKY OUT!” Tossing the grenade, he immediately began to jet to the side, the Spitfire beginning to spin up and firing bolts of blue plasma as it did so.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:56PM EDT

@ chowz
Did you open the Androids up? how did you get to the Cords?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

I drop the team off on top of the envelope. You’ll have to rappel down to the cabin. Meanwhile, I lower the helicopter alongside the carriage, put it on autopilot, and throw open one of the doors, pulling my sniper rifle from the gun rack. I scan the windows for movement as the helicopter hovers in place. I’ll provide some sniper support.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!