Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

303,533 total conversations in 8,654 threads

+ New Thread

Let's Watch Cowboy Bebop!

Last posted Aug 26, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT. Added Aug 18, 2012 at 12:52AM EDT
43 posts from 17 users

A bunch of us in the IRC were talking about maybe watching the hit anime Cowboy Bebop together and talking about it in here. If anyone’s interested, respond to this thread and we’ll get everybody and the stuff together.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:52AM EDT

This anime made me a man at the age of 12. It’s just that good, guys… Like for reals. Even people who don’t like animus enjoy Cowboy Bebop.

I’M SO EXCITED WE MIGHT BE SHOWING OTHERS ITS AWESOMENESS SOON

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:58AM EDT

^That is the type of response I like to see.

So, the whole series is available on YouTube, but it’s recommended that you download it. The improved quality is worth the loss of hard drive space.

Last edited Aug 18, 2012 at 01:02AM EDT
Aug 18, 2012 at 01:02AM EDT

Are we just going to be streaming this?
Because I’m fucking in.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT

PLEASE DO

I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO WATCH THIS

Aug 18, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

I watched a bit of this when I was young, I don’t remember the plot. Also, I don’t know if I can. I’m European, we have different GMT, so I think I can’t… but tell me, then I decide if I can come or not.

Last edited Aug 18, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT
Aug 18, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT

Okay, new plan: I’ve downloaded all the sessions, and they seem to be good, so we’re going to do a Livestream, so everyone can watch together.

Details forthcoming, subscribe to this thread to keep up.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:54AM EDT

So THAT’S what you were talking about in the IRC.

Aug 19, 2012 at 01:15AM EDT

I’ve seen like.. maybe two episodes, and it is the deepist shit. On top of that i get all sentimental because it came out when i was a wee lad. I love this show and i havent even watched it. haha

Aug 19, 2012 at 02:41AM EDT

I’ve never watched cowboy bebop but i heard its a good show.

Aug 19, 2012 at 05:30PM EDT

I love me some Bebop…..Here is my Faye Valentine tat…..Best show eva

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:21AM EDT

Fridge is having some technical difficulties, and I’m walking him through what to do.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:06AM EDT

Colmei wrote:

Fridge is having some technical difficulties, and I’m walking him through what to do.

Actually, I think everything is alright now. My main problem is not knowing how to chat. I pm’d you about it like a day ago.

Anyway, we could probably start watching this weekend, if you guys want. Sessions 1-3 are ready to go.

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT

Alright that sounds good

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT

When this weekend? And I’m still gonna need step by step instructions here; to put it most eloquently, “I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER.”

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:36PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Did you download the episodes in full compliance with the boundaries of copyright law?

HA!

fuck the po-

OH SHIT!

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Did you download the episodes in full compliance with the boundaries of copyright law?

I’ll leave that up to you to figure out.

Times will most likely be announced on Thursday or Friday. We will probably be streaming multiple episodes, so I would like suggestions for intermissions.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT

AWWW YES. I just started watching through this with my boyfriend! It’s his first time seeing it, and my first time watching it in a few years. I need to remember to keep up with this thread! :D

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT

I’m just going to watch the entire series on netflix, then spoil everything for you.

Character about to die? “DON’T WORRY HE/SHE MAKES IT”

Badguy about to make his escape? “DON’T WORRY THE HERO’S GOT THIS

Big cliffhanger at the end of an episode? “DON’T WORRY IT TURNS OUT FINE

loljk, I won’t do that. I’ll watch this with you guys.
Aug 22, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT

ConnerABacon wrote:

I’m just going to watch the entire series on netflix, then spoil everything for you.

Character about to die? “DON’T WORRY HE/SHE MAKES IT”

Badguy about to make his escape? “DON’T WORRY THE HERO’S GOT THIS

Big cliffhanger at the end of an episode? “DON’T WORRY IT TURNS OUT FINE

loljk, I won’t do that. I’ll watch this with you guys.

It’s not even on netflix, and if it was, I wouldn’t be doing this.

I’m serious about those intermissions, by the way. If someone doesn’t offer up a suggestion, I’m going to show whatever weird shit I feel like showing.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT

I FOUND IT ON HULU

COMMENCE OPERATION MAX REVEAL

loljk I’ll just watch the first episode to see if I like it.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s on adult swim and I can’t figure out which is the first episode and I don’t think I can really watch it anyways >_>

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 11:52PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT

ConnerABacon wrote:

I FOUND IT ON HULU

COMMENCE OPERATION MAX REVEAL

loljk I’ll just watch the first episode to see if I like it.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s on adult swim and I can’t figure out which is the first episode and I don’t think I can really watch it anyways >_>

It’s an episodic show. Watch any episode but numbers 5, 11, 12, and 23-26. Avoid those and it doesn’t matter where you pick it up, really. I’d recommend not spoiling it before the big get together anyway; it’s worth waiting for.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:12AM EDT

I know, I am waiting. I’m not even going to watch it before the livestream.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:31AM EDT

HOWDY PARDNERS!

I hope y’all have been keeping up with this thread, because our stream of Cowboy Bebop will begin Tomorrow night, Saturday, August 25 at 8:00 PM EST!

We will be watching Sessions 1-3 with about a five minute break between each episode. The Livestream room will open about half an hour before the show begins so I can test the sound and video, so I’d like it if someone could help me out and be in there when I open it so I can see if everything’s working right. As you can probably tell this is the first time I’ve ever done a Livestream.

8 PM EST Tomorrow! Be there!

So long, space cowboy…

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT

BALLS! WHY do I have plans on the ONE SATURDAY where something AWESOME is happening on the internet?!?

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:36AM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

BALLS! WHY do I have plans on the ONE SATURDAY where something AWESOME is happening on the internet?!?

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT

UPDATE: Due to Hurricane Issac making landfall, I may lose power, and the stream will have to be postponed. As of now, if the room isn’t up at 7:55, it means we will be rescheduling.

Stay tuned!

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:39PM EDT

Sorry for the double post, but I need to bump the thread for this.
It seems as if Fridge might be playing hurricane tag for tonight, but I might be able to save the day, if my brother is feeling charitable.
Further updates will come.
Until then- See you, space cowboys.

Aug 25, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT

Thanks everyone who tuned in tonight! Be sure to come back next week for Sessions 4-6!

Aug 25, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

I missed it, but I hope to be there next week. Same time?

Yessir.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!