Forums / Just For Fun

327,403 total conversations in 8,667 threads

+ New Thread

Map Wars 1910 (game thread)

Last posted Sep 04, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT. Added Aug 26, 2012 at 06:54PM EDT
74 conversations with 8 participants

Ottoman Empire (WE:1)(TL:1911)
>Being that the Germans made no official ceasefire, military operations continue.
>Turkish troops make little progress pushing into Austro-Hungarian lands.
>The Austrian armies are successfully removed from the coasts of the Aegean.
>Military organization on both fronts is excellent.
>Romania mobilizes it’s armies following the Ottoman threat against them.
>Naval defenses prove inadequate. Fortunately nobody assailed them.
German Empire (WE:1)(TL:1911)
Austria-Hungary (WE:1)(TL:1912)
Russian Empire (WE:1)(TL:1912)
>Troops are withdrawn. A state of war still exists.
>The Ottoman navy is being watched intently.
Spain (WE:1)(TL:1911)
United Kingdom NPC (WE:0)(TL:1912)
France NPC (WE:0)(TL:1912)
Italy NPC (WE:2)(TL:1911)

((I spent the last several hours reading an old game thread similar to mine, by Syndic, that Brucker sent to me. It appear that at least one of you were in that game, and contributed directly to the apocalypse.))

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 02:41AM EDT
Sep 02, 2012 at 02:40AM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

Ottoman Empire (WE:1)(TL:1911)
>Being that the Germans made no official ceasefire, military operations continue.
>Turkish troops make little progress pushing into Austro-Hungarian lands.
>The Austrian armies are successfully removed from the coasts of the Aegean.
>Military organization on both fronts is excellent.
>Romania mobilizes it’s armies following the Ottoman threat against them.
>Naval defenses prove inadequate. Fortunately nobody assailed them.
Austria-Hungary (WE:1)(TL:1912)
>Troops are withdrawn. A state of war still exists.
>The Ottoman navy is being watched intently.
Spain (WE:1)(TL:1911)
Italy NPC (WE:2)(TL:1911)

((I spent the last several hours reading an old game thread similar to mine, by Syndic, that Brucker sent to me. It appear that at least one of you were in that game, and contributed directly to the apocalypse.))

The final decision that Cale made in our negotiations counts as an action, I believe. Can you revise the map so that Austria-Hungary is removed and the specific territories ceded to Germany and Russia are given?

It appear that at least one of you were in that game, and contributed directly to the apocalypse.

Yeah, funny story. Basically, I decided that, if I couldn’t have the world, no one could.

And then everyone died.

The End.

Sep 02, 2012 at 02:55AM EDT

((I am prepared to edit the map accordingly if the actions are made like this: >action
Otherwise it is not official.
I am tempted to give you all nukes. Just to see what would happen.
Kidding about the nukes. But really, that looks like fun.
Also, I liked his employment of rule zero. It seems to work very well.))

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 03:18AM EDT
Sep 02, 2012 at 03:13AM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

((I am prepared to edit the map accordingly if the actions are made like this: >action
Otherwise it is not official.
I am tempted to give you all nukes. Just to see what would happen.
Kidding about the nukes. But really, that looks like fun.
Also, I liked his employment of rule zero. It seems to work very well.))

Ah, okay. I’ll wait for Cale to officially cede the land.

Also, I’d like to say: don’t base your knowledge of my personality on that thread. I’m a bit embarrassed about how immaturely I was acting in there.

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 03:18AM EDT
Sep 02, 2012 at 03:17AM EDT

((It was over a year ago. People change, do they not? But yes, you received quite a bit of negative karma. I wonder how different things would be if you had to replay that game today…))

Sep 02, 2012 at 03:20AM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

((It was over a year ago. People change, do they not? But yes, you received quite a bit of negative karma. I wonder how different things would be if you had to replay that game today…))

I wouldn’t act as immaturely, but I might nuke everyone again; after all, that event was pretty funny.

Sep 02, 2012 at 03:23AM EDT

Message to Czarist Russia

G iven the results of the international summit in Vienna, the Ottoman Empire’s army will be pulling completely out of the (former?) Austro-Hungarian Empire. If Russia means to take the land we are vacating in an orderly fashion, we suggest that they coordinate movements of their advancing armies with our withdrawing ones to not leave a power vacuum.

O ur intention at this time is to consolidate the bulk of our military forces at the western end of Romania to slowly and carefully advance eastward until we reach the Black Sea or the border of an ally nation, whichever comes first. We send word to Romania that the aforementioned “ally nation” could still be Romania itself, if they change their minds and negotiate with us to our liking. As it now stands, Romania has shown itself to not only be inhospitable to the Ottoman Empire’s armies, but a threat to its neighbors, including our valued ally, the newly-independent Serbia.

Devlet-i Ebed-müddet!

الله أكبر

<OOC> Actions:
> As described above, military forces are to be pulled out of Austrian lands recently annexed. If Russia chooses to coordinate these movements with movements of their own troops, then we will comply, but we no longer consider Austria to be a threat to us. Ottoman troops will remain only in the area where Serbia, (former) Austria, and Romania come together, with the intention of ceding this area as well to whomever takes over the surrounding land once the Romanian situation is dealt with.
> With all the troops from the Austrian front re-organized at the Romanian border, we will commence to march troops eastward into Romania at a fairly leisurely pace in order to A) be thorough in flushing out Romanian military which for our purposes will be defined any person attacking our troops, B) take care to do as little harm to civilians as possible, and C) give Romania some time to reconsider its hostile resistance to the presence of our forces, which were never meant to be a threat to any friendly country in the region.
> Naval forces are to reposition themselves to patrol the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts of the Empire with 20% redeployed to international waters off the coast of Romania to watch for trouble there.

Sep 02, 2012 at 05:28AM EDT

>Coordinate with the Ottoman army by filling up and capturing the land they leave behind.

CALE WHERE ARE YOU, YOU NEED TO MAKE THE REMOVAL OF AUSTRIA-HUNGARY OFFICIAL AND TO GIVE US BOTH THE SUBSEQUENT EMPTY LAAAAAANNNDDDDD

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT
Sep 02, 2012 at 02:53PM EDT

Cale wrote:

HEAR THIS GENTLEMEN.

The Summit of Vienna is now in session, all in attendance are applicable for the floor, save for the Austro-Hungarian state. First order of business, the Kaiser’s demands of Austria-Hungary. The demands are the territories as follows: Bosnia, Austria, Croatia-Slavonia, Carniola, Bohemia, Moravia, Tyrol, Silesia. The Kaiser is not responsible for territory under the influence of Russia and the discussion of such will remain separate. The floor is now open.

>Halt Hostilities as Cease-Fire
>Attend Vienna Summit

“Halt Hostilities as Cease-Fire.”
Y not official enuff.

Either way:

>Begin full annexation
>Cede cited territories to Russia

Sep 02, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT

Ottoman Empire (WE:2)(TL:1912)
>Military forces are pulled out of former Austro-Hungarian provinces.
>The invasion of Romania encounters significant resistance.
>Black Sea patrols are initiated.
>The Austro-Hungarian state is dismantled.
>Much of former Austria-Hungary is annexed.
>An uprising in Croatia is crushed.
>Austrian lands formerly occupied by the Ottoman Empire are annexed.
Spain (WE:0)(TL:1912)
>An alliance is formed with Italy.
Italy NPC (WE:1)(TL:1912)
>The alliance with Germany is revoked.
>A Swiss puppet government is established.

Sep 02, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT

Message the people of the former state of Bulgaria, and the endangered state of Romania

I n an effort to re-integrate the citizens of Bulgaria into our Empire, the capital city of Sofia is to be demolished in a month’s time. This being the 20th century and a time of great enlightenment rather than barbarism, certain concessions to the preservation of Bulgaria’s people and culture will be made.

A s of this decree, all people entering and leaving the city are allowed to do so only on foot. Anything that a person or group of people can carry from the city on foot may be taken, and we encourage Bulgarians to relocate the contents of their museums, libraries and universities to other sites. Ottoman soldiers will not take responsibility to discriminate former owners from looters, but will only be present to keep the peace during this transition; Bulgarians seen committing acts of violence within the city limits will be shot.

A fter a full 28 days have passed from this decree, the Ottoman army will proceed to demolish the city as follows: All government-related buildings--which will include but not be limited to homes of government officials, non-religious structures designed for public gatherings of more than 30 people, schools of all types, libraries, and museums--will be razed with large explosives. Remaining buildings--which should theoretically include family residences, small local businesses, churches, mosques, and synagogues--will not be fully demolished, but will be burnt from the inside out at the whim of Ottoman officers.

B ulgaria is once again a province of the Ottoman Empire, and will be allowed to rebuild a regional capital in Ямбол, Стара Загора, or Бургас, as they choose. An act of this nature will not be repeated so long as the Bulgarians demonstrate a willingness to once again live peacefully as a part of our Empire.

R omania should look upon this action as a warning. They can cede to the Empire peacefully or with struggle, but we believe nobody--including the Sultan and the Ottoman army themselves--wants to see our hand forced to extreme actions in Bucharest as well. It may very well not proceed nearly as cleanly.

Devlet-i Ebed-müddet!

الله أكبر

<OOC> Actions:
> A large party of soldiers and civilian demolition experts will converge on Sofia, surrounding the city. In 28 days, the demolitions will take place. Among the remaining buildings, soldiers will concentrate on burning of residences of upper-class citizens as well as churches and synagogues over 20 meters tall. Mosques will not be burned.
> The Romanian campaign will continue with the same conditions as stated previously, with hopes of a surrender. If soldiers reach Bucharest with no surrender offered, they are to set fire to governmental buildings and even make a half-hearted (but definitely not earnest) attempt at burning the Patriarchal Palace as a final warning.
> Naval forces in the eastern Mediterranean are to converge on Cyprus. British military and governmental agents will be given 24 hours to vacate the island, after which Ottoman forces will land on the island and kill any Brits remaining.

Sep 03, 2012 at 04:09AM EDT

>Make sure all remaining troops are stationed at home
>send diplomats to surrounding nations to ask for a peace and trade alliance

Sep 03, 2012 at 05:05AM EDT

A Legal Transmission form The Mighty Kaiser of the German Empire, to the Italian Kingdom:

September 2, 1911;
______
His Italian Majesty:

I thought we were friends.

>Local Austro-Hungarian governments are to be preserved as regional governments

Sep 03, 2012 at 08:14AM EDT

In response to the inquiry about the ending of friendly relations with the German state.

The Italian nation is disturbed by news that aggression in the east has led to significant growth in local power blocks, especially those of Germany and Russia, which seem to be in a military alliance of sorts designed for conquest. The present actions of the German and Russian states implies a grander scheme, perhaps one of hegemonic domination over the rest of Europe. This will not be tolerated by Italy, and thus our alliance with the Germans has been terminated. A new coalition with France has been formed to halt any westward spreading ambitions.

Sep 03, 2012 at 10:38AM EDT

A MESSAGE FROM HIS HIP-HOP-HAPPENIN-HOLY-HAPPY-HEROIC LORD O SPAIN II

Gurl I is perturbed up the butt bout dis germy russy stuffs goin down, n I gots to put in my bes 2 tries n stops it. so I wanna maek dem italias a dun deal, we maek le alliance.From there I propose we gather as many other nations such as the currently aligned France to form a barrier against the GRA (Germanic-Russian Alliance). As a coalition for the greater good of the world’s populace, I would like to formally ask you to create
THE UNITED NATIONS.

>Send UN proposal to Italy and France as well as all other surrounding nations.

Sep 03, 2012 at 12:08PM EDT

RocketPropelledPanda wrote:

A MESSAGE FROM HIS HIP-HOP-HAPPENIN-HOLY-HAPPY-HEROIC LORD O SPAIN II

Gurl I is perturbed up the butt bout dis germy russy stuffs goin down, n I gots to put in my bes 2 tries n stops it. so I wanna maek dem italias a dun deal, we maek le alliance.From there I propose we gather as many other nations such as the currently aligned France to form a barrier against the GRA (Germanic-Russian Alliance). As a coalition for the greater good of the world’s populace, I would like to formally ask you to create
THE UNITED NATIONS.

>Send UN proposal to Italy and France as well as all other surrounding nations.

A message from the government of the Russian Empire, to the Lord of Spain

-

What an interesting shift you’ve made in paradigms within the last few hours. One minute, you request that the many nations of Europe enter in a trade alliance with you, and the next, you’re trying to build an empire to hinder us.

This only demonstrates why Austria-Hungary had to be destroyed. The political conquest and suppression of freedom that Austria-Hungary and Spain have been subjecting Europe to is absolutely unacceptable.

You, the self-proclaimed “liberators”, will truly stop at nothing to ensure that Europe is on a tight leash.

And now, in a revealing attempt to control the decay of your disintegrating reign, you’ve become a proselytizer, asking other nations to help you regain power.

Some of these nations may join you, but such an action would be foolish at best.

So continue on with your attempts at garnering power. But know that adding more nations to your alliance will only cause more unrest.

P.S., “The United Nations” is a silly name, it’ll never catch on.

Last edited Sep 03, 2012 at 01:53PM EDT
Sep 03, 2012 at 01:48PM EDT

Message to the burgeoning so-called “United Nations”

E xamining recent developments in the west has made the Sultan and his advisers come to view the plans of Spain to unite Western Europe into a single power as an transparent drive towards rebuilding the former “Holy Roman Empire”. This will not be tolerated by non-Catholics in the East, particularly by those Muslims and Jews who still recall atrocities committed in the name of that Satanic Empire during “Crusades” of centuries past.

S hould this alliance come to be formed without full inclusion of all nations within the European subcontinent, (Yes, this includes Germany and Russia) you can expect that the great Eastern Empires will consider it a serious act of aggression and endeavor by any means to dismantle such a dangerous power.

Devlet-i Ebed-müddet!

الله أكبر

Last edited Sep 03, 2012 at 04:45PM EDT
Sep 03, 2012 at 04:42PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

Message to the burgeoning so-called “United Nations”

E xamining recent developments in the west has made the Sultan and his advisers come to view the plans of Spain to unite Western Europe into a single power as an transparent drive towards rebuilding the former “Holy Roman Empire”. This will not be tolerated by non-Catholics in the East, particularly by those Muslims and Jews who still recall atrocities committed in the name of that Satanic Empire during “Crusades” of centuries past.

S hould this alliance come to be formed without full inclusion of all nations within the European subcontinent, (Yes, this includes Germany and Russia) you can expect that the great Eastern Empires will consider it a serious act of aggression and endeavor by any means to dismantle such a dangerous power.

Devlet-i Ebed-müddet!

الله أكبر

A MESSAGE FROM THE KAISER:

Uh, yeah. Sorry about that… persecution and such.
But Spain was totes worse about it.

Sep 03, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT

Ottoman Empire (WE:3)(TL:1913)
>Bulgaria is annexed and their capital razed.
>Turkish forces fail to make ground in Romania.
>Northern Cyprus is successfully occupied.
>The military maintains organization on both fronts.
German Empire (WE:0)(TL:1912)
>Regional governments are established in the new territories.
>Friendly gestures to the annexed states is successful in settling rebellious attitudes.
Spain (WE:0)(TL:1912)
>All forces are presently based at home in Spain.
>An alliance is formed with Portugal.
>The United Nations is formed successfully.
>France, Portugal, and Italy agree to join the UN.
>The UK is now at war with Serbia and the Ottoman Empire.
>The British invasion of Palestine is utterly crushed.
>British resistance in Cyprus is strong, but waning.
France NPC (WE:0)(TL:1913)
>France joins the Spanish UN alliance.
Italy NPC (WE:0)(TL:1913)
>Italy joins the Spanish UN alliance.

Sep 03, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT

Cale wrote:

A MESSAGE FROM THE KAISER:

Uh, yeah. Sorry about that… persecution and such.
But Spain was totes worse about it.

Word.

Sep 04, 2012 at 05:15AM EDT

I am wondering what to do to entice more activity in my thread. I am considering rebooting the game, expanding the map to include the entire world, upgrading the scenario to modern days, and removing restrictions to open ended gameplay such as alignments and hard stats. I have this map already. If the majority of the players in this game are in favor of abandoning it to go do that instead, then I will end this game and start a new thread.

Sep 04, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

I am wondering what to do to entice more activity in my thread. I am considering rebooting the game, expanding the map to include the entire world, upgrading the scenario to modern days, and removing restrictions to open ended gameplay such as alignments and hard stats. I have this map already. If the majority of the players in this game are in favor of abandoning it to go do that instead, then I will end this game and start a new thread.

I’d be up for that, this one is rather slow.

Also, if it’s not too much to ask, a way of action PMing might be easier, as it allows secrets and usually makes it easier than reading the thread entirely.

Sep 04, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

Oh yeah, I’d definitely like that. But can you make it so that it’s a little more like Syndic’s RP? I.E., sending in actions via PM rather than posting in the thread, and being able to upgrade areas of your government/military depending on what resources you have. Those are the two main things I’d like to see, otherwise this game is set up pretty well.

EDIT: Also, you should probably open signups again, since we’ll be using such a huge map.

Last edited Sep 04, 2012 at 06:36PM EDT
Sep 04, 2012 at 06:36PM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

Well, I was enjoying the game, but I’m not sure why there seems to be so little input. Of course, it may be because the removal of Austria-Hungary leaves only four active players, three of which are in an unofficial alliance.

Germany & Russia: I told you you’d regret killing off Austria.

P.S., I keep forgetting to mention it, but last week, just as I was invading Romania, I was informed for the first time that IRL I am apparently 1/8 Romanian. Since I already knew I was about 1/4 Austrian, all I need is to find a Bulgarian ancestor to make every country I fought with in this game part of my ancestry. (Assuming the clashes in Palestine and Cyprus count as British battles.)

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!