Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Back To School!

Last posted Aug 28, 2012 at 05:53PM EDT. Added Aug 27, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT
30 posts from 17 users

I just started my last year of High School and I accidently passed by my ex-girlfriend several times and I know that I shouldn't after she said she no longer wants to ever see me ever again.
;_;

I have a 200 question math review that will count as the first quiz of the year, with a follow-up test on it a week after that. And I haven't even started it yet! Plus, some stuff for English, but I lost the paper that says what I have to do and don't remember what it is, so…
#YOLO, kids. I ain't even worried. I am a professional extreme procrastinator.

I am AHO Right? wrote:

I have a 200 question math review that will count as the first quiz of the year, with a follow-up test on it a week after that. And I haven't even started it yet! Plus, some stuff for English, but I lost the paper that says what I have to do and don't remember what it is, so…
#YOLO, kids. I ain't even worried. I am a professional extreme procrastinator.

If you're having school problems i feel bad for you son,
I've got 200 problems and a quiz ain't one.

I'm a college freshman. This thread makes me feel old. The occupation thread makes me feel young. There really is no perfect middle ground here. But I suppose my gradumicated wisdom can help here.

Really, the first week, you're not going to do to much. Just try to stay awake and pay attention, I know you've been up late all summer, but you want to make a good impression (some teachers really will hate your guts based on the first week of class). And honestly, for the future, your high school teachers say that you'll go right into classwork in college, but, honestly, most won't. The majority of college instructors will go over the syllabus the first day (a document most of them already posted online), and do nothing else. Better be ready to take notes at the next class though.
/mythbusted

Make friends. Ask teachers questions. Answer questions. Participate. And that, young ones, is the advice I have for you today.

@Omomon: I don't miss high school relationship drama at all. I'll be honest – there's not much you can do about it.

I am a college junior this year. I will try to make friends this semester. I do not miss grade school at all though. Compared to campus life, high school can be seen like a North Korean prison complex.
Then again, these are Texan schools I am talking about.
Things could be different in wherever-you-are-from-istan.

Wotato wrote:

Just do this all the time:

Wotato, what level of education are you in? (I won't say "grade" because that would mean I'm under the assumption that you're in grade school even though you may well not be.)

Well, I am going into my sophomore (10th grade) year in High school, at an entirely different school. I do know some people in my new school, but I am still very nervous as I don't know which classes are where yet.

#firstworldproblems

Laika wrote:

I feel quite old now, ive been in college for a good few years…..and you lot are still at school

I should've only lived a few months at the most. In orange years, I'm ancient. You whippersnappers don't understand what it's like. How 'bout you go ahead and live a few centuries longer than you should, and then we'll talk kiddo.

Jack Candle wrote:

I should've only lived a few months at the most. In orange years, I'm ancient. You whippersnappers don't understand what it's like. How 'bout you go ahead and live a few centuries longer than you should, and then we'll talk kiddo.

Please vacate the area. Old man.

>TFW I finally become a senior.

So…where's the fresh meat?

But seriously:
Don't be like the kids that are always talking in class (it not only annoys the teachers but the other students who want to learn and pass the class to GTFO of there for good) or be an ass clown. Always strive for all A's or higher and don't do projects or study at the last minute teachers can tell. Remain confident in your abilities to learn and pass, don't be the lazy ones.

Laika wrote:

Please vacate the area. Old man.

"Old man"? I'll have you know, back in my day, we didn't have the fancy something-or-others…dagnabbit I forgot what I was telling you about. This is just like that time when I was arguing with that grocery clerk about how I didn't need to be "weighed in", but would you young'ns listen? No. You go around with your newfangled hippie hops and wrapped music and your eye pads, you don't even realize how easy you have it. Why, back in my day, I had to roll uphill both ways in molasses in January, only to find out the hill was molasses, and that hill was trying to go up ANOTHER hill made of even MORE molasses, and IT had to go uphill both ways too. Now what was I talking about?

Jack Candle wrote:

"Old man"? I'll have you know, back in my day, we didn't have the fancy something-or-others…dagnabbit I forgot what I was telling you about. This is just like that time when I was arguing with that grocery clerk about how I didn't need to be "weighed in", but would you young'ns listen? No. You go around with your newfangled hippie hops and wrapped music and your eye pads, you don't even realize how easy you have it. Why, back in my day, I had to roll uphill both ways in molasses in January, only to find out the hill was molasses, and that hill was trying to go up ANOTHER hill made of even MORE molasses, and IT had to go uphill both ways too. Now what was I talking about?

Massive information input clog. Contact "Hernandez chugger – 777777777789" for "clean the shit out my ears" and "old man reppelant aka The youthanizer 9000"

Omomon wrote:

And now my ex girlfriend has the same class as me.
I was so nervous throughout the WHOLE class.
What should I do next time?

Easy. Either win her back or move on. Unless "it's complicated", in which case, good luck man.

Jack Candle wrote:

Easy. Either win her back or move on. Unless "it's complicated", in which case, good luck man.

Well she did tell me she no longer wanted to physically see me. Sadly for her, she will have too every other school day.

Omomon wrote:

Well she did tell me she no longer wanted to physically see me. Sadly for her, she will have too every other school day.

What if…you got two eyepatches? One for her, one for you. Then she can just look at your eyepatch, and you can look at hers, crisis averted. And then she'll fall for you because you'll look like a pirate.

Omomon wrote:

For additional hilarity, don a trollface whenever walkig past her

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!