Forums / Just For Fun

327,685 total conversations in 8,673 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
What should BSOD's Facebook banner be?

Last posted Nov 06, 2012 at 07:26PM EST. Added Sep 03, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT
89 conversations with 26 participants

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I don’t understand either. It’s not supposed to be a spreadsheet.

Someone tell me how this fucking works!? I’ll try again tomorrow.

>BsoD
>computer troubles
>I seriously hope this isn’t the case

Sep 16, 2012 at 01:17PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I don’t understand either. It’s not supposed to be a spreadsheet.

Someone tell me how this fucking works!? I’ll try again tomorrow.

Never fear, your friendly neighborhood mind mage is here!
What you gotta do is scroll over Form(0)
Then click Go to live form.

And there you have it!

Sep 16, 2012 at 09:52PM EDT
Quote

Voted for “Tanner chased by the Inner Circle through Afghanistan”.

Because Spyhunter.

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:00PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Looks like Alex’s suggestion is in the lead right now with Nairs suggestion close behind

Which one of mine?

’Cause I gave two, remember.

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:38AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

The Spyhunter one

Oh hell yeah.

Guess more people like Spyhunter than I thought.

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:21AM EDT

Quick vote check, please?

Sep 18, 2012 at 07:50PM EDT

Tanner Foust (Nairs suggestion) has taken the lead with 5 votes.

Windows XP wallpaper (Alex’s suggestion) follows in second with 4

Guess what’s in 3rd place? Nairs Blue Screen/Trollface suggestion. People must love your idea’s Nair

There’s lots of induvidual votes for all the others.

If you have not voted yet, do it now!

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Tanner Foust (Nairs suggestion) has taken the lead with 5 votes.

Windows XP wallpaper (Alex’s suggestion) follows in second with 4

Guess what’s in 3rd place? Nairs Blue Screen/Trollface suggestion. People must love your idea’s Nair

There’s lots of induvidual votes for all the others.

If you have not voted yet, do it now!

Wait, what? Two of the top three?

Damn!

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT

Current top 5

Tanner Foust (Nair): 7
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 5
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 3
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3

Voting closes on Friday (My Saturday)

I am somewhat suspicious that New York Skyline went from 1 to 6 in the span of 20 seconds.

5 different people all had the exact same idea at the exact same time? Hmmm

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Current top 5

Tanner Foust (Nair): 7
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 5
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 3
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3

Voting closes on Friday (My Saturday)

I am somewhat suspicious that New York Skyline went from 1 to 6 in the span of 20 seconds.

5 different people all had the exact same idea at the exact same time? Hmmm

Just a quick question.

How do you know that the people voting for my “Tanner Foust” idea aren’t simply doing so because of “Vladimir Makarov”? They could just be trolling you by voting in favor of something Modern Warfare related, though I do intend for it to be closer to Spyhunter if it ever gets made.

Or they could just like MW. You never know.

Sep 20, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

I have no way of knowing at all. Though if the intention is to troll me, they are doing it wrong by picking your option.

My jimmies won’t be rustled over drawing anything MW related. What makes people think I’m a hater? Plus the Tanner Foust option is really complex so it will be a good drawing exercise

My only regret is that if your suggestion wins, I will need to go through the trouble of Google-imaging: Tanner Foust, Vladimir Makarov’s inner circle, rally cars, assault rifles, tanks and Afghanistan and all that jazz just so I have an idea of what I’m actually drawing. It will sure take me a while to do it.

Sep 20, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I have no way of knowing at all. Though if the intention is to troll me, they are doing it wrong by picking your option.

My jimmies won’t be rustled over drawing anything MW related. What makes people think I’m a hater? Plus the Tanner Foust option is really complex so it will be a good drawing exercise

My only regret is that if your suggestion wins, I will need to go through the trouble of Google-imaging: Tanner Foust, Vladimir Makarov’s inner circle, rally cars, assault rifles, tanks and Afghanistan and all that jazz just so I have an idea of what I’m actually drawing. It will sure take me a while to do it.

I linked to the CoD Wiki’s page on the Inner Circle in this post. They’re Russian Ultranationalists, so just give them Russian equipment: MiGs and Sukhois for their fixed wing aircraft, Kamovs and Mi-series helis, Kalashnikov rifles, you get the idea.

Sep 20, 2012 at 01:52AM EDT

Yea that’s all well and good. But I still need some good reference images. Even though I know what AK47’s and MiG’s look like; I can’t draw straight from memory so it must all be googled.

You can help by finding some pictures of what you want to see

Tanner Foust will be the easiest. I can just find a photo of his car, trace it, then add guns.

For Afghanistan, I’ll just steal a photo from National Geographic. I’m not drawing backgrounds, screw that.

Vlad’s Inner Circle will be the hardest. I’m picturing lots of little tanks, infantry and aircraft. That kind of detail will be tough to draw and I’ll need lots of references.

Sep 20, 2012 at 02:50AM EDT
Quote
Sep 20, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT

Ahh, the inner circle. The rustlers of many from 2009 when everyone had to play the airport mission “No Russian”…

…Good times….kinda.


Are you SURE you want to do that BSoD??

Sep 20, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT
Quote

Requesting a vote check.

Sep 20, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT

Current top 5: CLOSING TOMORROW

Tanner Foust (Nair): 9
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 6
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 6
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3


Are you SURE you want to do that BSoD??

If that’s what people vote for then yes. Mind you I’m not going to draw everything that Nair linked. I’ll just take what I need.

I’ll draw a Hind, a pair of MiG’s, a T-72 and a bunch of GAZ’s. I’ll skip drawing infantry because people are hard to draw and what the hell is infantry doing chasing Tanner Foust anyway?

I’m not sure how to make it clear that all the military vehicles belong to the inner circle, but it probably wont matter. It’s Tanner Foust dodging tanks and bomber aircraft. It’s still badass non-the-less

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Quote

I will. I’ll take a screenshot of my Facebook page with the banner on it so you guys know I’m not lying.

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Current top 5: CLOSING TOMORROW

Tanner Foust (Nair): 9
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 6
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 6
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3


Are you SURE you want to do that BSoD??

If that’s what people vote for then yes. Mind you I’m not going to draw everything that Nair linked. I’ll just take what I need.

I’ll draw a Hind, a pair of MiG’s, a T-72 and a bunch of GAZ’s. I’ll skip drawing infantry because people are hard to draw and what the hell is infantry doing chasing Tanner Foust anyway?

I’m not sure how to make it clear that all the military vehicles belong to the inner circle, but it probably wont matter. It’s Tanner Foust dodging tanks and bomber aircraft. It’s still badass non-the-less

Am I allowed to declare victory? Because it looks like I’m starting to pull away.

And yes, Tanner evading (and fighting back against) the Inner Circle while driving through the mountains of Afghanistan would be completely badass. I just want it to be closer to Spyhunter than Modern Warfare.

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

Status check?

Sep 21, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

Times up people.

Top 5 suggestions: VOTING CLOSED

Tanner Foust (Nair): 10
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 6
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 5 (Wut? How did this go down?)
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3

Congratulations Thomas Nair, your suggestion will be drawn, vectored, then added to my Facebook banner. Now I just need to get around to doing it.

Now your suggestion is pretty complex so it will take me a while. I’m not Muumi or Ivan who can pump out graphics in mere seconds. I really don’t know they work so fast.

Might take me until the end of the month, but either way you will know here when I’m done.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Times up people.

Top 5 suggestions: VOTING CLOSED

Tanner Foust (Nair): 10
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 6
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 5 (Wut? How did this go down?)
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3

Congratulations Thomas Nair, your suggestion will be drawn, vectored, then added to my Facebook banner. Now I just need to get around to doing it.

Now your suggestion is pretty complex so it will take me a while. I’m not Muumi or Ivan who can pump out graphics in mere seconds. I really don’t know they work so fast.

Might take me until the end of the month, but either way you will know here when I’m done.

Sweet! Can’t wait.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Times up people.

Top 5 suggestions: VOTING CLOSED

Tanner Foust (Nair): 10
New York Skyline (Sarkhan): 6
XP background (Alex): 6
Pokemon battle with Gay He-man (Zach): 5 (Wut? How did this go down?)
BSOD Trollface (Nair): 3

Congratulations Thomas Nair, your suggestion will be drawn, vectored, then added to my Facebook banner. Now I just need to get around to doing it.

Now your suggestion is pretty complex so it will take me a while. I’m not Muumi or Ivan who can pump out graphics in mere seconds. I really don’t know they work so fast.

Might take me until the end of the month, but either way you will know here when I’m done.

God damn.

Well, okay… I guess part of why I made it so complex is because I never expected to have a snowball’s chance in hell, I’ll admit.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:40PM EDT

Progress report?

If you don’t mind.

Oct 02, 2012 at 02:39AM EDT

I’m really busy at the moment and have not be able to attend to this. I might get a chance to work on it next week though

Oct 02, 2012 at 05:50AM EDT
Quote

Any movement on this?

Oct 08, 2012 at 02:16PM EDT

Yea I’m working on it now. I got an idea for a scene and I’m putting together some good reference images. I know exactly what I want to draw now. Sketches coming up

Still need a nice background shot of afghanistan

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT
Quote

Finding a background photo of Afghanistan is really hard for the scene I want to put together

Do you mind if we expand the scene to just any desert? Like this shot of Sudan that I could use

I need a desert shot that’s nice and open like that with virtually no features I need to photoshop around. Open ground for drawing tanks on and open sky where I can draw some Helicopters, plus its on an angle that permits a good close shot of Tanner.

Oct 09, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT
Quote

That’ll do.

Oct 10, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT

How’s it coming along?

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:37AM EDT

Okay, someone keeps ghost bumping this.

I would like that person to know that I have not forgotten about this. I’ve started on it and I’m still working on it

I know that guys like Natsuru, Ivan, or Muumi would be done by now, but I’m not an artist like they are. I take more time in order to produce artwork that remotely comes close to the level quality they produce. And my time is rather strained at the moment due to the amount of work I need to finish. Thank you for your patience

Oct 18, 2012 at 04:15AM EDT
Quote

My plans are finalized and I’m vectoring everything up But DAMN THIS IS HARD.

You guys just had to pick the most sophisticated, detailed and complex scene suggested in the whole thread

Sure you’ve seen me pump out stuff like this in just a few hours but that thing was so simple. It only consisted of about a dozen shapes. A tank requires 3 times more shapes than that and that’s just for one tank in the background

I’ll probably end up making just one of each vehicle to order reduce scope.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

My plans are finalized and I’m vectoring everything up But DAMN THIS IS HARD.

You guys just had to pick the most sophisticated, detailed and complex scene suggested in the whole thread

Sure you’ve seen me pump out stuff like this in just a few hours but that thing was so simple. It only consisted of about a dozen shapes. A tank requires 3 times more shapes than that and that’s just for one tank in the background

I’ll probably end up making just one of each vehicle to order reduce scope.

Sorry about coming up with something so insane.

To be honest, I didn’t really think I would win. I figured that something would make a last second rally and knock me down.

Never happened, and now we’re all stuck listening to how tanks are so complex to draw.

I never should’ve come up with that…

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!