Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Personal Flaws?

Last posted Sep 13, 2012 at 06:50PM EDT. Added Sep 05, 2012 at 12:39PM EDT
86 posts from 56 users

I have an anxiety disorder that causes me to lock up when I start to get freaked out about.

Oddly enough, I'm great in a crisis or an emergency. I keep a completely level head. It's mostly when I get yelled at or try to multitask too much that my anxiety really starts to kick in.

I take meds for my severe ADD and learning disability and I'm pretty concerned how these things will affect my chances of not only looking good to a potential employer but holding down a job as well if I have to stop taking them for whatever reason.

Probably the fact of how fatalistic I can be.

For example, not only do I think that "You cain't fix stupid" (or people who just lack social skills), but I feel like it gives me an excuse to not even bother with who I deem "stupid" or otherwise unappealing, because it "cain't be fixed."

Happens all of the time here. I see some users post something stupid on a regular basis. I see their consistently poor grammar and spelling, I see their lack of logic in their posts, I see their unceasing posts that are off-topic, I see their inability to see both sides of an issue…

I see all of this stuff as being fundamentally different from "just being new" and it probably being due to the fact that they aren't very bright or socially competent. It's not a forum thing. It's a "them" thing that's been a part of them long before KYM.

The worst part of it is that I still think I'm right. It just makes me feel like an arrogant jerk that many people will always be "the way they are" regardless of what help or support they get, because they simply don't have the capability to change.

And because of that belief, I think many people are a lost cause.

How mean can you get?

I get annoyed by stupidity way too quickly. But like Verbose pointed out, some just can't help it, it's who they are. Nonetheless, when I see people who lack the ability to look at both sides first or take the objective point of view, have very poor grammar, bad arguments, or just make dumb unrelated posts in discussions for the hell of it (all common unfortunately on the internet), I get annoyed very quickly. I commonly then make a post in the way off "People, please look at both sides first" or give examples of both sides, but I'm in fact a lot more annoyed that others weren't capable of doing it themselves, forcing me to do it for them. They aren't helping the discussion with their post, they're presenting a chore.

Edit: And there I go again, I'm giving this post an example without being aware of it.

Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT

I shall also reveal another flaw about myself. I too have a TL;DR side that I like to supress. Many of you know that I usually post very shortly, and add elipses to everything I post. Those elipses actually represent something else I would like to say, but not really relevent to current topics. I also usually side with the losing side just so I can somehow show off by proving the losing arguments points, and legitimacy. This too is about my ego. As an asian I try to out do what other people can do. Like as many of the members have seen through my art, my bad attempts at making music, and making many claims about things that I really wish I had proof.

Actually the only reason why my post is this long so far is because I wanted to outdo Verbose in TL;DR for once. I also suffer from OCD. I like to make a list of KYM users and what their gender is. I have to know, and I just can't stop myself from finding out. maybe i'm just impulsive, and not actually compulsive. Either way my list of users, has been stuck for the last year focusing on a single user. It is obvious who I am talking about. Over the weekend I decided to move on, and skip that person, and move onto the next.

I have realized I have been using the word "you" too often in my current post. I apologize for this. Also about the stupidity on the forums, and all around KYM. Yes it is annoying, but it is the internet. People tend to let go of themselves once they get into their "Internet Personas". I bet they are normally well mannered people IRL. I too, also confess about the stupidity on the site, and I also apologize for that. I sometimes think I am leading that stupidity onward. I have been trying to refrain from being "stupid" on the internet. I can't stop human nature.

My main online flaw is that I hate trolls. I know I'm not supposed to feed them, and I recognize them every time, but they always just piss me off. I have to say something, and tell them to get off, and that they're idiots for doing this… and thus I feed them. I hate myself for it, but it happens every time.

I also like to procrastinate – like, a lot. I usually wait until the very last minute to do something, even though I tell myself I should be doing it now. Example: I promised Pony General I would draw something on Friday, and then didn't even put pencil to paper until last night. It hasn't been much better since I started posting here again. For that matter, I should be writing a paper right now…

Sigh…..soooo much to even list…

1. Women find me to good looking and sexy so I can't land a serious girlfriend since they think they can get me or don't want to have to deal with others chasing me.

2. Ladies can't keep up with me in the bedroom so I very rarely get laid since word has gotten out that I'm to beast in the sack…..Plus my junks to big so it scares the honeys away.

3. I rich so people think I'm a stuck up ass hat

4. My muscles are to buff so it's hard to scratch my back and when I ask others to do it for me they hurt themselfs since its like scratching hard steel

5. My smile blinds people….I've ruined people's life cuz of this.

6. My IQ is off the charts so I don't even know how genius I actually am.

7. I just want to be left alone but everyone wants to hang out with me all the time…it sucks…

I personally put myself down a lot for always wanting to be an artist but having mediocre talent at best. Some of my friends say I'm good at drawing but I don't think i am. I suffer a lot from having low self esteem and I can't take rejection very well.

All my life I have been put down by friends, and family. I am a clumsy fool who drops things. I have a giant ego, and I tend to repeat myself a lot. That being the fact; for every flaw there must be an advantage. My ego is my biggest flaw but it drives me to be better than everyone else. I also have pride, and do things the long way, but at the end I have improved. I believe there are always two sides no matter the situation, or problem.

My other big flaw that I am extremely lazy, and I get bored really easily. I tend remember the big things, and changes more than other people. I don't practice with my drawing skills due to being lazy, but the strange thing is when I draw, I am very picky, and annoyed by any visible mistakes I do that I catch. I also tend to procrastinate, and actually say I have some of it done when in reality I only just started. I also find myself attracted to stupidity, as when comparing myself, I look a lot more intelligent than I normally do.

I tend to use people for my goals. Sometimes I will take a person with low self esteem, and help them raise it, and so they can have more confidence in themselves. Just for the chance I can use them later on. I will teach people the tricks of what ever trade I am helping them with, but not tell them everything. I pride myself a villian of "Lawful Evil" and scheme for successful plans. Where I end up winning.

I am a human being, and being human means to have flaws.

I haven't got the best social skills in the world, and I'm pretty shy, so I usually find it hard to fit in when I have to meet new people. I've got a bit of a speech impediment too, which is entirely a psychological problem (I even know what causes it, but it's difficult to fix). I'm gradually getting over those problems though, and it's not like they've stopped me from making friends, so they don't bother me too much.

My biggest flaw is that I can never motivate myself to do anything important. I waste a lot of time on the internet, or gaming, or just staring blankly at the walls… If I could get myself to focus on my studies, I'd be doing a lot better than I am currently. That's something I'm working on right now, but progress is limited at best.

I can be a little close minded. I'm becoming increasingly aware of just how opposed I am to the points of view of others. Whether we're discussing religion, music, politics, or anything else you can think of, you can be sure that I hold some unshakable belief related to that topic, and it's something I want to fix about myself. I'm not sure how to go about it though…

Oh, and I wish I was a little more intelligent, but that's something that I can't change very easily. I can always get better at my chosen subjects, but I think by this point my IQ is essentially fixed for life.

I'm usually pretty outgoing in social situations, but it's out the window when it comes to talking to cute girls. :P
Also, I'm skinny-fat, but way too lazy/unmotivated to get in shape.
Also, suck at math. I've passed the last two years with a 55% and a fluke 50%, and I just don't get that shit.
Also, I bite my nails. I can't pick flat things up, like coins and cards, because no nails.
Also, unmotivated in general.

My flaw is that when I make a mistake I tend to be very hard on myself for it. I do not show it how intense I am really on myself. It is hard for me to explain it of how but I yell at myself and insult myself for making mistakes, like not doing a good enough job. Not explaining or doing something correctly because of my speech impediment because of my slow motor skills.
I am always one of the last people in the class to get finish with anything, I am the slowest at writing, testing, exercising. I sometimes call myself a retard for not being fast enough even when I try my hardest. People who get things done faster and better then me does not make the situation any better. I don't think any one is actually retarded….they are just lazy to work hard and actually try to be productive, I tend to see myself as a exception though…
I can go as far to say that I am most likely a inefficient as a human being on occasions due to how hard it is for me to be social with other people in reality… but that depends on how bad I fucked up…
I normally see myself as a fuck up. I do this as well to keep myself from getting a big head or ego and all I know its doing quite a good job of it… Metaphorically branding myself for not finishing a test when the class is over… I do get A's and B's…but I still feel I didn't do good enough.

I some times wonder if my aspergers is partially to blame the reason why I am this way…unable to socially interact with people to make friends in person, slow motor skills, having a speech impediment or walk on my toes, or bore people with subjects I am interested in while they do not even know or care what it is. Don't get me wrong, aspergers does have its benefits. I just wonder I am a aspie that has more of the bad part of it then the good.

TL;DR: I have very low self esteem, bad social skills, and afraid of what people think of me…
I can go a bit more deeper into the situation but I do not want to be a burden to anyone when it comes to reading my post. Also the fear of what people think of me will be for some other time.

I've been diagnosed with ADHD, and that makes college really hard for me. Sometimes I'll sit down and say "Alright, lets get this done", but then every part of my brain will tell me "This is boring, let's go on YouTube or KYM instead."

Also, I'm really scared of driving. I'm fine with driving on routes I'm familiar with, but the moment I'm somewhere new or there's construction on the road or something, I start to panic and I never have any idea what to do.

And of course, I'm very socially awkward. Sometimes I'll go attend a social event in the hopes of talking to people, then when everyone gathers into groups I'll find myself going over to them, standing there, and then I'll get frustrated after being ignored or acting stupid and just leave to my dorm to cry into my pillow. I do better on one-on-one conversations, but that never applies to women.

Acrophobia.
Insecurity.
Horrible social skills.
Low self-esteem.
Athletic disability.
Prone to sickness (once gotten pneumonia, managed to survive it).
Habit of getting into everything.
Grammar nazi.
Hot-headed when it comes to stupidity.
I don't know how to smooth-talk (or actually TALK TO) a girl (unless on topics I can relate to in school). Used to like ONE GIRL, she chooses an ass hat over me in my school. I was nice to her. Every goddamn time. She just threw me away.
I have suicidal thoughts.
Bad depth-perception.
Scared or terrified easily.
The list goes on forever. It's a true tale. :\
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My life is terrible. e^e

*Note: Please, I don't want to be a burden to people who read this. I just want to let everything out.

Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT

My gift is also a curse, i'm a care-free person.
Care-free meaning I'm never bothered by insults and rarely ever stressed,
however, when it comes to serious matters I dont take it seriously enough and it ends up costing me A LOT in life.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!