Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,484 total conversations in 8,634 threads

+ New Thread

Web at War: An Internet Crossover Fighter

Last posted Oct 17, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT. Added Sep 12, 2012 at 10:26AM EDT
172 posts from 28 users

Also heres my other suggestion:

Pumkin:

- Range Hyper (Level 1): Water and juice throw (throws glass of water and juice at enemy)
- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Pumkin Tumble (Rolls toward the enemy like a moving boulder)
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): NO, I DONT WANT THAT (Gives the enemy a powerful slap knocking the enemy across the stage)
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, randomness): Food eat (Stuffs the enemy in mouth, chews on him for a while, and spits him out)
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Butter Chaos (throws 55 sticks of butter at the enemy)

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT

Oooh, Awesome ideas lolster1! Keep ’em coming guys!

In the mean while, I will confirm one of John Egbert’s hypers (can’t decide whether rage or jenkins) is called “Damn You.”

He goes god-tier and smacks the opponent upward. Then the camera pans to his back and a bust of Davesprite appears in the sky. As the opponent falls back towards the ground, John goes into batter position and yells “DAMN YOU, DAVESPRITE,” cracking the opponent like a baseball, flying them towards the bust. The Davesprite bust then shatters and the opponent crashes back to the stage.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT

Got a few suggested characters for future DLC too:

Mikan seijin (orangeman)
Nevada-tan
Seaking
yotsuba
Spengebab
And Moar Krabs

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 07:21PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT

Sakuya
- Range Hyper (Level 1): Conjuring “Eternal Meek”
- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Wound Sign “Inscribed Red Soul”
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): Buriallusion “Phantasmic Killer”
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, randomness): “Sakuya’s World”
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Road Roller Da -> Wryyyyyy! (No, I am not kidding.)

Youmu
- Range Hyper (Level 1): Human Sign “Slash of the Present” (Youmu has no projectile spellcards, so I assume a dash-across-screen one will do as a substitute)
- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Life Ending Sword “Meditation”
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): Soul Cutting “Ascension to Nirvana”
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, randomness): Sword Skill “Flashing Cherry Blossoms”
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Obsessor “Slash of Eternity”

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT

Guess I’ll help you out too:

Nostalgia Critic
- Range Hyper (Level 1): Rapid fire handgun
- Melee Hyper (Level 1): JUST EXPLAIN!
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): Santa Christ summon
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, Randomness): Chester .A. Bum summon
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Plothole destruction

(BTW, have you considered making the stages like the ones in Playstation Allstars, where the stage has one franchise’s setting with another franchise’s elements?)

Last edited Sep 25, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT
Sep 25, 2012 at 03:52PM EDT

New Suggestion!
=================

Homestar Runner:

- Range Hyper (Level 1): Stinko twirl (Homestar turns into his stinkoman style self and does a 1 spin midair twirl kick)

- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Drop kick (homestar is airborn, and lays a heavy downward kick on the enemy in midair)

- Rage Hyper(Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): Athletic Rush (homestar runs in a fast motion ramming into the enemy)

- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, Randomness): AAAaaaAaAaaAaAAAAA (homsar comes out of nowhere and does his AAAAaAaaAaA, Freezing the enemy)

- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Spin-star (homestar starts spinning into a circle until he turns into a minivortex, then the mini vortex sucks up the enemy for a moment and the vortex dissappears after a while)
=================

Anonymous:

- Range Hyper (Level 1): Op is a faggot (anon shouts the phrase, and it does little damage but lowers the enemys attack for a while

- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Check my dubs (anon swings his arm up with his finger pointing out while saying check my dubs, which knocks the enemy away from him)

-Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): This is now a spiderman thread (Anon shoots web at the ceiling, text appears below him “SORRY BUT THIS IS NOW A SPIDERMAN THREAD LOL”, And then anon jumps down and slams the enemy into the ground)

-Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, Randomness): 0-9 (Anon has a black window appear above his head, and if he gets 1-8 he gets a health restoration or a hyper meter bonus. if anon gets 0 or 9, he transforms into either epic fail guy, or yotsuba

-Ultra Hyper (Level 3): YOUVE RUSTLED THE WRONG JIMMIES MOTHER FUCKER (Anon turns into the jimmie rustles gorilla, and starts squeezing the enemy in his gorilla hands, then throws the enemy across the screen)

Last edited Sep 25, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT
Sep 25, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT

Suggestion for any Shouted Attacks: Make any catchphrase that is shouted appear in a Phoenix Wright Objection style bubble.

Sep 25, 2012 at 07:58PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Suggestion for any Shouted Attacks: Make any catchphrase that is shouted appear in a Phoenix Wright Objection style bubble.

Meenah’s assist: Kankri… that is all. XD

Good suggestions guys! Also-

@ Rintez: I didn’t even think of that! (Which is odd considering I’m also psyched for PSASBR) Crossover stages sounds awesome and makes things more interesting!

Sep 25, 2012 at 08:17PM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

What engine are you using to make this game

The MUGEN engine. I’m making the characters (playable and bosses) and stages from scratch.

Sep 25, 2012 at 09:30PM EDT

lolster1 wrote:

also, what are the first 6 characters you plan on making?

The characters for the beta will be:

- John Egbert
- Homestar Runner
- Reimu Hakurei
- Hatsune Miku
- Madotsuki
- John Gabriel

There’ll also be 4 stages and one boss.

Last edited Sep 25, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:19PM EDT

its awesome! omg im shocked for this game

wow ! its delicious! :D

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Meenah’s assist: Kankri… that is all. XD

Good suggestions guys! Also-

@ Rintez: I didn’t even think of that! (Which is odd considering I’m also psyched for PSASBR) Crossover stages sounds awesome and makes things more interesting!

If you do plan on making some crossover stages, I’ll leave some suggestions for you:

Vocaloid stage with Homestar elements: Limozeen accidentally crash a Vocaloid concert. Strong Mad, Strong Sad and The Cheat (Acting as roadies for Limozeen) try to talk things over with Rin, Len and Luka. Also has Homsar arguing with Haku.

Robot Unicorn stage with Charlie the Unicorn elements: The Leopluradon has crashed into a star. This prompts the Blue and Pink Unicorns to talk with the Banana King on how they should shift Leo.

And for bosses, any plans for Cassandra? (Final boss of Pico’s school)

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT

- John Egbert
- Homestar Runner
- Reimu Hakurei
- Hatsune Miku
- Madotsuki
- John Gabriel

Your currently working on john?

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT

ASDF Guy:

Range Hyper: Aww Man Do you Ever Stop Throwing Muffins? (lvl 1) (Tosses a ton of muffins at foe.)

Melee Hyper: Smell My Flower (lvl 1) (a dragon pops out of ASDF guy’s shirt and hits several times.)

Rage Hyper: (less than 3/4 health) (lvl 2) I Am Punching Your Salad! (Guy punches enemy many times rapidly. Last punch being rather strong.)

Jenkins Hyper: Throw The Cheese! (lvl 2, randomness) (tosses a bunch of cheese into the air. If cheese hits a foe, they incur a bit of damage.)

Ultra Hyper: I’m Gonna Do An Internet! (Lvl 3) (The guy does an internet, anyone caught within the rainbows incurs a lot of damage.)

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:42PM EDT

I like how he asks for special moves, and you give him the hypers.
In a typical fighting game moves are organized by
Normal Moves: punches, and kicks
--

Command Moves: Tech grabs (pressing 2 buttons), A direction, and a normal move

--

Special Moves: These require a command, Quarter circle forward punch, forward-down-forward down punch, hold back for a few seconds then forward punch (Charge special), 360 degree spin of controls attack (Command grab), etc. (“Ex moves” these require meter for a stronger version of a special move.)

--

Supers/ultras/hypers/whatever the game calls it: Like a special move, but a bit more complicated, and usually drains meter .

Last edited Sep 27, 2012 at 02:19AM EDT
Sep 27, 2012 at 02:09AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Okay, here it goes:
Reimu
- Range Hyper (Level 1): Jewel Sign “Concealed Orbs of Light”
- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Divine Arts “Wind God Kick”
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): Divine Spirits “Fantasy Seal”
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, randomness): Divine Arts “Demon Binding Circle”
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Fantasy Heaven

Marisa
- Range Hyper (Level 1): Love Sign “Non-Directional Laser”
- Melee Hyper (Level 1): Star Sign “Escape Velocity”
- Rage Hyper (Level 2, Less than 3/4 health): Light Blast “Shoot the Moon”
- Jenkins Hyper (Level 2, randomness): Comet “Blazing Star”
- Ultra Hyper (Level 3): Love Sign “Master Spark” (Use the actual Touhou Games for reference on Size and Power)

I will do Sakuya and Youmu later.

@ Master Spark: 10% Chance of “TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERFUCKER!!”

Sep 27, 2012 at 07:13PM EDT

- John Egbert
- Homestar Runner
- Reimu Hakurei
- Hatsune Miku
- Madotsuki
- John Gabriel

I’m planning on testing Reimu first when I get my hands on the beta.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:50PM EDT

I’m sorry if I’ve been a tad quiet lately, school work and stuff. I am currently working on one of the stages of said game, Karkat’s Neighborhood. I will confirm that this Homestuck stage will crossover with Alien Hominid.

Stay tuned…

Oct 01, 2012 at 10:44AM EDT

I’m sorry if I’ve been a tad quiet lately, school work and stuff. I am currently working on one of the stages of said game, Karkat’s Neighborhood. I will confirm that this Homestuck stage will crossover with Alien Hominid.

Stay tuned…

Homestuck and Alien Hominid stage, huh? Got any other concepts?

Oct 03, 2012 at 03:30PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!