I think it might be a good idea only if the stars line up, so to speak.
- Does the staff want to go? And then go to sit at a table for the entire time?
- Can the staff go? One of the reasons I don’t really want to get a full-time job is because I won’t have the freedom to just go and take a trip. I may want that vacation time to go to something else like a trip to see family or a vacation to somewhere else.
- How would Cheezburger feel about us giving money to one of their entities?
- I don’t think most companies would turn down money, and they may be more likely to send the staff if they didn’t have to pay for it.
- But they may have some sort of stipulation that keeps them from accepting money or something.
In any case, I think it would be a good idea if the staff thinks it is. And that is if we could raise the money for them to go. Plane tickets, hotels, food, reserving a table (even for July of next year) might be difficult. And I don’t know if Cheezburger will want KYM to post it on the front page. Asking for donations is so not gangsta.
(And if we were to do it without official word from KYM the site, then us trying to raise money without giving a link or an official statement from the tumblr, Twitter, or the front page might come off as sketchy.)
I don’t think the fact that some people dislike KYM should keep them from going though. Not everyone likes Tim Buckley from Ctrl+Alt+Del, but I’m guessing he’ll go anyway (I don’t know I stopped reading his comic months ago lolz.)