+ New Thread

Music Buddies

Last posted Oct 26, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT. Added Sep 18, 2012 at 01:15AM EDT
141 posts from 40 users

Cale wrote:

I won’t be here for this.

Ok…so opspe is my partner now.

I know what he had in store for you…

…I’m hating you beyond all hate right now, Cale. (jk)

If another latecomer comes along, then I’ll switch with you and opspe will be your partner.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT

That feel hoping your music buddy follows through!
I have 3874 songs right now, I want 3881 by next week.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:36AM EDT

Penz0id wrote:

That feel hoping your music buddy follows through!
I have 3874 songs right now, I want 3881 by next week.

imma go head an say y’all start iunno close nuff like dang

In any case, if something comes up, then let me know here (or via PM or something.) Learn about music you haven’t heard of before!

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:49AM EDT

I’m going to post pseudo-review things based on whatever songs I get, starting with today’s.

Sep 20, 2012 at 02:58PM EDT

I’m going to post my selections and received songs for y’all to enjoy, if that’s alright.

Day 1

I gave my buddy “Sleeping Ute,” by Grizzly Bear.

This is what Fun Police said:

“That song you gave me was great--it had a really cool, relaxed yet passionate sort of feel. I really enjoyed it a lot.”

He gave me “Karma Police,” by Radiohead, which I already know and love.

I’ll post Day 2 when he gives it to me.

Sep 20, 2012 at 07:09PM EDT

All right, time to get started.

Day 1: Untitled

This is a very ambient piece. In fact, it’s so subtle that I can only barely hear it even when my sound is turned all the way up. It’s quite relaxing, as a soft sound reminiscent of the ocean plays throughout. Either that, or it’s the sound of the blood rushing through my head.

Never mind. I just got one.

Last edited Sep 20, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
Sep 20, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT

DarkErmac wrote:

All right, time to get started.

Day 1: Untitled

This is a very ambient piece. In fact, it’s so subtle that I can only barely hear it even when my sound is turned all the way up. It’s quite relaxing, as a soft sound reminiscent of the ocean plays throughout. Either that, or it’s the sound of the blood rushing through my head.

Never mind. I just got one.

Arg
Sorry, I think I sent you the normal one instead of the acoustic

I enjoy this version a lot, but I get the vids mixed up at times
This was the one I meant to send you, sorry mate :/

Sep 20, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

Ah, it’s all right.

They’re both all right to me, but it’s probably not something I would listen to as frequently as some of my other music.

Sep 20, 2012 at 07:51PM EDT

DarkErmac wrote:

Ah, it’s all right.

They’re both all right to me, but it’s probably not something I would listen to as frequently as some of my other music.

Heh
I don’t listen to this song often, but its nice to every once in a while

Sep 20, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT
Again, I’ll also suggest not embedding links here.

…and please don’t flood this thread with embeds (post links/embeds on walls or via PMs.)

And again, if you decide to post on here, don’t embed it. Just link to it.

I don’t really mind embeds or sharing music you’ve been shown (in fact, I’d encourage that), but I can’t enter the Music General thread now. Too many embeds. My computer slows down too much.

Hope everyone’s enjoying themselves so far.

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

Lolzers and I started early, because we’re just that cool.

Yesterday, I sent him Soon It Will Be Cold Enough To Build Fires by Emancipator, and he sent me TAKE IT BACK by Miracle of Sound, which I really liked.

Today, the exchange was my 3055 by Olafur Arnalds, for his Boulevard of Broken Dreams Bluegrass Cover by Cornbread Red, which is better than the original, by far.

Now Lolzers,

Best muzik buddehs 5evar <3

Last edited Sep 20, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT
Sep 20, 2012 at 11:35PM EDT

My partner was a no-show, wat do?
If anyone doesn’t have a partner, or if your partner didn’t post, I will gladly take someone new.

Sep 21, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT

Penz0id wrote:

My partner was a no-show, wat do?
If anyone doesn’t have a partner, or if your partner didn’t post, I will gladly take someone new.

Insult his mental state.

I’ll be your buddy, Penz0id. I’ll get something on your wall.

(Heads up: I hope you like boy bands.)

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT

Okay, so for Day 2, I got ""Kill Your Coworkers" by Flying Lotus.":http://youtu.be/5z1eeVJQL7I It was interesting, and I think you should all check it out.

I gave my buddy this:

He hasn’t responded back, so I’ll post that with Day 3.

Last edited Sep 21, 2012 at 11:34PM EDT
Sep 21, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT

Sorry Penzoid I was a day late. I’m having my house fumigated and I have no computer just my phone and I was working on top of that. But I will not let you down again.

Sep 22, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Sorry Penzoid I was a day late. I’m having my house fumigated and I have no computer just my phone and I was working on top of that. But I will not let you down again.

Sep 22, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Okay, so for Day 2, I got ""Kill Your Coworkers" by Flying Lotus.":http://youtu.be/5z1eeVJQL7I It was interesting, and I think you should all check it out.

I gave my buddy this:

He hasn’t responded back, so I’ll post that with Day 3.

Buy I did respond back in my original post on your wall. I gave it a positive review.

Sep 22, 2012 at 07:30AM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

Buy I did respond back in my original post on your wall. I gave it a positive review.

I meant for day 3.

Sep 22, 2012 at 09:30AM EDT

Day Two
Ermac sent me Diamond Dust by Jeff Beck
And I sent him Distrust by Jubei and Alex Perez
Diamond Dust is a beautiful song, one I’ll definatly listen to later.
Day Three (today)
Ermac sent me Danger Money by UK
I sent him We Control The Vertical by Klute
I like the songs he’s sending me so far, they’ll make a great addition to what I have already
I hope he likes the songs I’m sending as well

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:00AM EDT

Distrust
-Pretty good song. This type of music keeps me focused for some reason.

We control the Vertical
BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER
This song reminds me of something out of a soundtrack. It wouldn’t feel out of place in a fast-paced action oriented video game of some kind. I’m on my second listen right now, and it seems oddly calming, despite the high BPM. I’m drifting through a void here….

Last edited Sep 22, 2012 at 07:20PM EDT
Sep 22, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT

There’s no need to bump this thread (with just “bump” anyway.) I’ll post once the week is over, so it’s not going to lock or anything during that time. (And it’s sorta against the rules.) Thanks though.

After that, we can determine what else we want to do, if anything.

Sep 23, 2012 at 09:08PM EDT

This is really cool. I’ll participate in the next session, because my laptop will be available to me on and off for the next week. I expect to be miserable, because I have a very narrow musical taste and tend to heavily dislike anything that’s coarse or aesthetically loud. (Which seems to be the current trend of what people like.) Still, it’s a chance to find new favourites, and push my top-tier of music onto an unwilling subject. >:D

I’ll resist the temptation to make all the songs Iron & Wine songs.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT

Done and done.

That was really interesting. I definitely got on a tl;dr spree while writing about the music I posted for Fifths. In return, I got just as much tl;dr, and quite a bit of traditional and folk music from him.

I might as well add the songs I posted (for no apparent reason).

1. Lost Words – Hatsune Miku Append

2. Battle Metal – Turisas

3. Heian Alien – Tutti Sound (Touhou)

4. The Way Home ~ Ending Theme – Terranigma (SNES)

5. Duvet – Bôa

6. What Planet is This!? – Cowboy Bebop + Bloom About Midnight – tanigon (Touhou)

7. Happy Little Boozer – Korpiklaani

I hope you also enjoyed the week Fifths.

I’m still waiting for the last two songs though.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:11AM EDT

Aw shucks, I wish I could have been in the first part of this. Is there a way for people to get in for the second part?

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:38AM EDT

@Zarathh
Yeah, Verbose’ll put you in. It’s been about 6 or 7 days since it started (depending on where you are), so the new round won’t be too far.

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT

Yeah, I think that in 9 or so hours, most people should be done with their week.

Once that time comes, I think I’ll ask again what kind of week you guys want.

• You can’t pick songs from your favorite genre
  • Song titles must begin with a vowel
  • Is composed of one word
  • Must be about love
  • Must have lyrics, etc.

Or we can change the selection format:

• A different person each day
  • You share with one person, that person shares with someone else, that person shares with someone else, etc.

Since there were some other people who wanted to jump in a day later (or a couple of days later,) I think I’ll want to make the time to join at least two days, no more than three (four, max.) But I think we can discuss preferences for that week.

Sep 26, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT

If it’s possible, I’d be interested in joining. I know I’m really late to the party, but yeah. As for the specifics for the week, I don’t think I’d care; it would all be awesome.

Sep 26, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT

I enjoyed it. It was nice to expand my horizons and all that. I’m going to be passing on next week though. My music library is limited enough as it is and I have a lot of work I need to get done. As interesting as the “different people a day” and “posting outside of your favorite genre” things sound.

Last edited Sep 26, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT
Sep 26, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

Click for Sauce

So I’m guessing everyone who’s participating is done.

I’m down with re-randomizing and organizing another week, but I wanted to see who’s interested again. Maybe a week was a little long for some people if you didn’t like any of their tastes, so that could be cut back to 5 days or 3 (or even 1 and we mix partners up a little more.)

I had talked about themes or challenges so that you didn’t have your whole repertoire to choose from.

But mostly, before we started another week, I wanted to see who’s interested.

• So just let me know if you want in,
  • and tell me if you have an idea for another round.

I’ll edit in suggestions for the round here. Just look for the girl on page 2 to see (I may make a new post for page 3)

Users

• Twilitlord
  • DarkErmac
  • Zarathh
  • TehRussBus
  • Zacharias
  • Fridge Logic
  • StarGazer
  • Pyro
  • Penz0id
  • Wsxdas
  • Alejandro
  • Luis
  • Patrick
  • Bruelock

Suggestions

• Cannot use songs from previous round
  • Cannot use artists from previous round
Last edited Oct 03, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 01:30PM EDT

Still interested.

Personally, I’d keep the format. I think it makes more sense to still play songs that you like. However, one restriction I think would be interesting would be if you couldn’t choose the same songs – or even better, all of the artists have to be different this time.

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:38PM EDT

I’m in.

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT

I am in like Finn.

The Human.

Also, I meant to post all the songs I got, but never got around to it. Apologies.

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT

Why am I just now seeing this? I would love to participate.

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:24PM EDT

I’m in.

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:43PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!