Forums / Just For Fun

309,872 total conversations in 8,348 threads

+ New Thread

Music Buddies

Last posted Oct 26, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT. Added Sep 18, 2012 at 01:15AM EDT
141 conversations with 40 participants

aerolyt wrote:

So when does this start now?

I wanted to give more time for people to join, because people joined two and three days late last time. And then I had to mix people up, because some people dropped out or didn’t/couldn’t participate during all of the days.

I was also waiting for some other suggestions, but since I haven’t heard any yet, then I’d just say to not use songs or artists you used last time (if you participated last time.)

I’d say 24 hours. Then I’ll put your names into a pot and mix us up again.

Oct 01, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

I’m in for another round. The previous round is pretty good. So I’m hoping for the same in the next round.

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 09:09AM EDT
Oct 02, 2012 at 09:09AM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Is it can be music buddy tiem naow?

Yeah. I’m going to edit in the new pairs.

“Rules” are as such:

• Don’t use the same songs as you did before in the last round.
  • Don’t use any of the artists’ that you used in the last round.

Incoming pairs…

• Twilitlord
  • DarkErmac
  • Zarathh
  • TehRussBus
  • Zacharias
  • Fridge Logic
  • StarGazer
  • Pyro
  • Penz0id
  • Wsxdas
  • Alejandro
  • Luis
  • Patrick
  • Bruelock

Paired as:

• Fridge Logic and Pyro
  • Zacharias and Twilitlord
  • Patrick and Alejandro
  • Penz0id and StarGazer
  • TehRussBus and Wsxdas
  • Bruelock and Zarathh
  • Luis and DarkErmac

Make sure that if you have changed your name and your avatar, then tell your partner. They might not know who you are unless you’re already somewhat close. Also, I think this randomization will prevent people from having the same buddy, so all should be good to go.

So I’d say that we start in…30 hours? That way, I’ll be back from work before we start in case I need to manually put together more pairs. If you two are ready to go though and have no issues, then have at it.

• One week
  • One song per day
  • Make sure they can get to the song fairly easily (e.g. SoundCloud, YouTube, etc.)
  • Try to keep the song under 7 minutes
  • You can dislike the song and say you dislike the song, but don’t insult your buddy’s taste in music or your buddy.
Last edited Oct 03, 2012 at 02:40PM EDT
Oct 03, 2012 at 02:21PM EDT

I said I’d go again, but that’s okay if there’s noone else to partner me up wiith

Last edited Oct 03, 2012 at 03:12PM EDT
Oct 03, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT

Megalolzors wrote:

I said I’d go again, but that’s okay if there’s noone else to partner me up wiith

That’s what the 30 hours is for.

You certainly said you wanted to participate, but I forgot to add your name to the list. Forgive me, I’ve got some other things on my mind.

However, I leave myself out just in case someone is the odd many out (i.e. there are 15 people interested, and there can’t be 7.5 pairs, so I make up the 8th pair with the 15th person.)

Simply, I’m your partner now.

Oct 03, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT

So since this thing starts at around 7pm my time, does that mean I have to get my first song out within the last five hours of my day? Or does each “day” just count as the 24 hours spanning from 7pm one day to 7pm the next (as my case would be)?

Oct 04, 2012 at 11:55AM EDT

This week is gonna be great, Verbose!
StarGazer and I are buddies, and we both acquired the albums the other suggested, because we liked it so much!

StarGazer: Penz0id:
Oct 05, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

So since this thing starts at around 7pm my time, does that mean I have to get my first song out within the last five hours of my day? Or does each “day” just count as the 24 hours spanning from 7pm one day to 7pm the next (as my case would be)?

It’s not that precise. I just give hard times so people have a starting point. The main thing is that you don’t leave your buddy hanging (like I did.) If you miss a day, then hit them up with two songs. If you have to go 8 days instead because you missed a day, then go ahead. Just communicate with your partner.

Oct 05, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

Ok, so I’m absolutely positive that the time I wait for people to jump in before starting won’t matter.

But like I’ve said, I have a plan for that. Megalolzors is your partner, Pseudo.

Just let me know if you’re going to partner with him. When/if you do, then I’ll stop sending him music, and then you will in my stead.

Oct 06, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT

Alrighty then, I’ll send today’s tune. Hopefully he gets it in time to respond.

Oct 07, 2012 at 07:19PM EDT

Hey Verbose, we’ve all been done for several days now! Should we start organizing a third week with new partners?

Oct 14, 2012 at 02:39PM EDT

yeah.

It’s unfortunate my partner never got back to me. I’ll probably use the same songs with the next partner.

Oct 14, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT

I’m in
Hopefully fridge will get a better partner than me this time

Oct 14, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT

Penz0id wrote:

Hey Verbose, we’ve all been done for several days now! Should we start organizing a third week with new partners?

I’ve lost count of the days since I didn’t have a partner this time around.

It seems like there is still some interest, so I can mix you guys up again. I’ll start a “countdown” once we have 6-8 people who are interested. Right now, we have three four (math is hard…)

Click for source.

One more ’gain!

• Penz0id
  • Pseudogenesis
  • Dark Ermac
  • Pyro
  • Alejandro
  • Zarathh
  • Twilitlord
  • StarGazer
  • Fridge Logic
  • Whitishcollar
Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Oct 14, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT

CAN I BE PARTNERS WITH PATRICK AGAIN BECAUSE I OWE HIM LIKE 6 SONGS AND I FEEL SUPER BAD

Oct 14, 2012 at 04:51PM EDT

If my partner will actually contact me daily this time, then sure.

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT
Oct 14, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

>Posted with 3 partners in mind.
>Now at 7

@Twilitlord

That was my hesitation in beginning another round. I wasn’t sure how active people were being, and it would be awkward to tell your partner to participate. If that happens, then you can just contact me, and I can act as a go-in-between for you.

Oct 14, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT

YEAH OLD BUDDAY!
I really liked our songs last week, StarGazer, but I want to hear from someone with a totally different spectrum of music this week! :D

@Verbose: Let’s wipe the rules of not posting bands we posted before, because I’m running out of favourites/bands that I’m not embarrassed to share.

Oct 14, 2012 at 06:45PM EDT

What kind of spectrum, Pen?

I have a wide range of spectrum right here.

Oct 14, 2012 at 07:53PM EDT
Let’s wipe the rules of not posting bands we posted before, because I’m running out of favourites/bands that I’m not embarrassed to share.

You da boss, boss.

Oct 14, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT

DarkErmac wrote:

What kind of spectrum, Pen?

I have a wide range of spectrum right here.

I listen to everything except rap and pop, but I’d love to hear artists within my (“basket of oranges” -Wsxdas) that I haven’t heard of before.
Ex: I like electronic music, StarGazer introduced me to The Luna Sequence, which I hadn’t heard of before.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

I am in like Flynn.

You know, from Tron.

Related so hard.

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:01AM EDT

So is it still possible to join in? I have missed this before, but it really does sound like fun!

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT

Pseudogenesis and Pyro
Penz0id and Zarathh
Dark Ermac and Fridge Logic
StarGazer and Twilitlord
Whitishcollar and Alejandro

Speak now, or forever hold you peace (until we begin in 24 hours. But if you don’t have any problems, then you can just go ahead and get started.)

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

Yay, music buddy time! Zar and I will have some fun.

I’m gonna go ahead and predict a half dozen people coming in the thread as soon as we start: “Eh, I didn’t know this was happening, can I join?”

“Yes.”

Oct 17, 2012 at 05:11PM EDT

Alright, I got Pseudo
He said he doesn’t like rough stuff, so I’ll cut back on that.
Netsky, Kenny G, and Klute it is

Oct 17, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT

Well, it’s been just over a week. Let’s share our thoughts on the week and organize the next one.

I was partnered with Zarrath, and I liked most of what he shared with me, most notably Iced Earth – Coming Curse. Zar was really busy, so we stopped midway through the week.

I look forward to seeing who I’m with this coming week.

Oct 26, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT

We have one person interested!

Can we have two people interested?!

I need two people interested!

Actually, I just need to go to bed!

Oct 26, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT

I really do love this thread.
Music is my life, I live in a family of seven, three of which are professional (ish) singer/songwriters and I pretty much grew up on the stuff.
I’m involved in the music program at my school and actually wrote an expository speech about the evolution of music theory and instruments.
In my spare time I play the mandolin, piano, guitar, drums, and trombone. Listening to music has pretty much gotten me through life so far. I actually listen primarily to Pandora Internet Radio because I like so many different kinds of music. Indie, Bluegrass, hard rock, dubstep, drum and bass, techno, Chill/Downtempo, and oriental chill are probably my favorites. If you want to see my speech, I would be willing to link it to you guys.
Oh, and by the way i’m in if that’s cool.

Last edited Oct 26, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT
Oct 26, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

I was partnered up with Fridge. I didn’t realize he was a King Crimson fan. Now I know.

I didn’t dislike a single song. He has some good tastes in music.

Oct 26, 2012 at 01:42AM EDT

I’m up for it again. I loved my buddies taste in music, even though we had to stop midway through the week.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:28AM EDT

I’m up for another round once my partner gets a bit of down time to link me his last song
Its a pity this is sorta dying out, I liked this idea

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!