Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

303,769 total conversations in 8,662 threads

+ New Thread


Your worst fear.

Last posted Oct 01, 2012 at 10:41AM EDT. Added Sep 30, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT
36 posts from 30 users

Eh… it’s a tough one for me but I guess losing someone really close to me would be my biggest fear.

Sep 30, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT
Quote

Believe it or not, my biggest fear is flies. It’s called pteronarcophobia. That’s a more irrational fear than my other fear, carcinophobia, which is the fear of cancer.

Sep 30, 2012 at 06:40PM EDT
Quote

Wake up one Saturday morning. “Damn, that was some party,” you think to yourself. You check your calendar. It’s not Saturday. You check the year. It’s 2040. Everyone thinks you’re dead.

Sep 30, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT
Quote

My biggest fear is realizing that people on KYM are stupid enough to share their fears with complete internet strangers.

Sep 30, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

My biggest fear is realizing that people on KYM are stupid enough to share their fears with complete internet strangers.

The internet is the place where most people think they are wearing a mask to protect their selves.
But wearing a mask, doesn’t always protect you.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 07:48PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT
Quote

12321pop2 wrote:

The internet is the place where most people think they are wearing a mask to protect their selves.
But wearing a mask, doesn’t always protect you.

My biggest fear is that my mask won’t protect me. That and being buried alive.

Sep 30, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT
Quote

Any surgery or injury happening to eyes, bones, and brains.
Just…bleh

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT
Quote

I can’t get anywhere that’s at least 7 or so feet above where I’m standing. Heights basically.

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:28PM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

I fear death, and anything that could easily cause it.

There’s a girl I like and she has the same problem. If she’s in the way of danger she will freak out. It’s really sad actually… I SHALL PROTECT HER!!!

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 08:36PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT
Quote

I am afraid of the dark. I know, it’s really dumb, but I am. There could be anything lurking around the corner and I wouldn’t even know it.

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:49PM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I am afraid of the dark. I know, it’s really dumb, but I am. There could be anything lurking around the corner and I wouldn’t even know it.

To this very day I feel scared to go into my basement at night even with a light on. I dunno why but I feel like they’re might be something down there. That and bees. I fucking hate them. Keep them away from me or I will flip the fuck out.

Sep 30, 2012 at 09:15PM EDT

I’m afraid of the day Professor Cheese’s tumblr finally degenerates into gay porn blog, and my dash is covered in gay forever.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

I am afraid of the dark. I know, it’s really dumb, but I am. There could be anything lurking around the corner and I wouldn’t even know it.

I was just reminded of Iron Maiden’s song Fear of the Dark. Awesome song, that one.

“Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a constant fear that something’s
Always near
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a phobia that someone’s
Always there”

Anyhow, my greatest fear is oblivion, the complete and utter end of all existence/reality. As long as there is life, there is meaning and purpose, and even without life, chemical interactions could bring it back. But the utter lack of matter, energy, space, time… absolute infinite nothingness… brrr.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
Quote

GIANTDAD wrote:

To this very day I feel scared to go into my basement at night even with a light on. I dunno why but I feel like they’re might be something down there. That and bees. I fucking hate them. Keep them away from me or I will flip the fuck out.

Fuck I’m scared of bees too. My fear is somewhat rational because my mom is allergic to bees (yellow jackets, specifically) and I have yet to be stung, which means I could be allergic and I don’t know it yet. I also think that it has to do with a fear of the unknown thing too in the sense that I don’t know how much it hurts to be stung and I fear for the worst. Funny enough, I am not afraid of needles and plan on getting a tattoo soon.

I was at an apple orchard recently, and there was a rather large amount of yellow jackets there. So many that one of the workers felt the need to warn us about them first. God it took everything I had to sit as still as possible on that tractor ride and to act casually when a bee nearly flew into my face several times.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

I’m afraid of the day Professor Cheese’s tumblr finally degenerates into gay porn blog, and my dash is covered in gay forever.

It’s my fault…

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT

My biggest fear is passing a kidney stone.
I fucking kid you not.

Oct 01, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I am afraid of the dark. I know, it’s really dumb, but I am. There could be anything lurking around the corner and I wouldn’t even know it.

Fear of the unknown. A lot of other fears fall under that category, including my own primary fears; that of death and, striking in common with you, the night. Not being able to anticipate what will happen and being completely out of control is a terrifying prospect. I occasionally have to sleep with the lights on to alleviate my anxiety about the darkness, and believe it or not, I am afraid of sleep itself. I have no idea what happens during those hours. I was an occasional sleepwalker in my youth, and being out of control like that… I hate the very idea of it.

One thing I have become fearful of recently is mutism. I am afraid that I will lose my ability to talk. It is not irrational either; I have been having trouble communicating with my professors and even my own family for reasons that I am not entirely sure of. Sometimes, I open my mouth and no words come out.

Oct 01, 2012 at 12:40AM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

I’m afraid of the day Professor Cheese’s tumblr finally degenerates into gay porn blog, and my dash is covered in gay forever.

LET THE YAOIS INTO YOUR HEART
LET THEM INTO YOUR SOUL
LET THEM RUN THROUGH YOUR BLOOD AND
DEVOUR YOUR SANITY

p.s. I’m afraid of ovens.

Oct 01, 2012 at 12:41AM EDT
Quote

Insects and spiders.

I don’t need a reason.

Oct 01, 2012 at 12:56AM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

Fear of the unknown. A lot of other fears fall under that category, including my own primary fears; that of death and, striking in common with you, the night. Not being able to anticipate what will happen and being completely out of control is a terrifying prospect. I occasionally have to sleep with the lights on to alleviate my anxiety about the darkness, and believe it or not, I am afraid of sleep itself. I have no idea what happens during those hours. I was an occasional sleepwalker in my youth, and being out of control like that… I hate the very idea of it.

One thing I have become fearful of recently is mutism. I am afraid that I will lose my ability to talk. It is not irrational either; I have been having trouble communicating with my professors and even my own family for reasons that I am not entirely sure of. Sometimes, I open my mouth and no words come out.

I am sometimes afraid of sleep only because I’m afraid of having a nightmare. I’m not a lucid dreamer, and so I never have control over my dreams and that scares the shit out of me. Thankfully I’m not one of those people that has nightmares all the time. I have a couple of friends who do have nightmares almost every night, and it freaks me out thinking about having to live with that. I have a dream catcher hanging above my bed because 1.) I think they’re pretty and 2.) I figure if there is any possible chance it will help keep nightmares away from me I might as well try.

As far as disabilities go, I have a fear of losing my eyesight completely. I plan on getting a job in the art industry, and most if not all of my hobbies require sight. Basically, loosing my eyesight would change my entire life around and crush my dreams, and that terrifies me. It doesn’t help that my eyesight has been deteriorating recently and I now have to wear glasses in order to see long distances (i.e. in class, driving, etc.)

Oct 01, 2012 at 01:19AM EDT
Quote

Crabs, lobsters, and other various pinchy aquatic animals.

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:49AM EDT

Digiatsu (Lexi) wrote:

Rapists. o________________________o

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:58AM EDT
Quote

I have a crippling fear of heights. Just due to how clumsy I am, I fear that if I make one wrong step I’ll go plummeting to my doom.

Oct 01, 2012 at 10:02AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!